Hope

Nevaeh

Hyukjae was the first to jump up with questions, he was so excited and thrilled and completely in shock. When Siwon heard what his parents said, he fell to the ground on his knees praying and full of thanks until:

"It's not what it seems you two." Hangeng stood up to regain control of the situation.

"It's hard to explain, but it's not him."

Hyukjae is filled with anger. How can they say Donghae is alive, but then say its not him? He rushes up to Hangeng and grabs him by the shoulders.

"What do you mean!? Speak clearly!"

Heechul uses her shadows to throw Hyukjae back onto the couch and holds him there. "Wait until he's finished monkey!"

Hangeng clears his throat. "I know you're both angry-" He looks at Siwon's crestfallen expression. "-but it's his reincarnation. Certain Angels have an ability to do so. When their body dies, their soul seeks out a new one. Because Donghae was an energy absorber before death, he was able to do so. We did a bit of research and learned that he inhabited the body of a newly deceased boy named Byun Baekhyun."

Hyukjae was confused and Hangeng understood. "It's not like that. The body has already molded to his proper appearance, so in every sense it is Donghae. He didn't notice us, so we don't know if he has his old memories or if after he reincarnated the body, he lost them."

"We have to find him again. Did you locate where he lives?"

Hyukjae was beyond enthusiastic. Even if it meant this Donghae was not his Donghae, he could live with that. Just as long as he was alive, breathing period.

"But-"

"-No, Heechul. We have to take a chance. You want him back as much as I do. I know..I know I blamed you and for that I'm sorry."

Heechul released her shadows and Hyukjae took a deep breath. "Let's go then. Follow me Siwon."

Hangeng held onto Hyukjae and Heechul as he flashed them to Donghae's location. Siwon following directly after.

 

"He's a Doctor!" Hyukjae yelled. All eyes were on them. Heechul quickly covered his mouth. They were sitting quietly in the hospital cafeteria, watching Donghae. "Shush monkey!" She bowed to everyone and they turned away.

Hyukjae removed Heechul's hand and spoke in a whispered voice. "But I thought you said he took the body of a boy."

"Do you even know how old we are? Everyone is a boy and girl compared to us. Byun Baekhyun was 24 years old when he died and had just graduated from medical school. People don't see Donghae because its a different soul. They see the face of Baekhyun while we can see him. You can see him because you've been together for so long, naturally you both carry a part of each other within yourselves."

Hyukjae nodded up and down before his eyes linked with a group of men all wearing black suits. He followed where their eyes were facing and he noticed they were looking at the same person. Except their eyes were dark and menancing, as if they could see through him, as if they could see Donghae and not Baekhyun.

"Heechul." he spoke. She was growling lightly. "You see it too right?"

"Who are they?" Siwon asked.

"Demons." Their eyes grew wide. "Omma I've never actually seen a demon in person, but I never expected them to look so....human."

Heechul snapped at her son. "And what am I! I don't look like a monster!" She yelled. Once again all eyes were on her, including the demons who recognized her and quickly got up and walked away.

"! We have to follow them."

As they followed silently behind the demons, Siwon spoke again. "Omma I don't get it. How can they see him too? He's human now."

"Human or not Siwon, he's still a Prince. The Prince of Nevaeh."

While she was distracted talking, the demons quickly began running, pushing past people.

"! Keep your eyes on them! If we have to split, I'll stay with your father and Siwon stick to Hyukjae. Even if they want Donghae, they still crave blood."

Eventually they did split, which led Siwon and Hyukjae back to the cafeteria somehow and Hangeng and Heechul at a dead end alley.

"Well well well. Look at what we have here. Miss Heechul in all her greatness." The demon looked Heechul up and down, his lips while his eyes preyed upon her.

"I thought you would've forgotten me..."

The demon cracked his knuckles.

"How could I ever forget your royal highness"


a/n: wat.