Denial

Nevaeh

Weeks had passed and Hyukjae's memory of Donghae grew with each passing day. Especially with the help of Heechul and her shadows.

With her ability, she could use the shadows to enter Hyukjae's mind. It was a long process that required her to rest for long periods of time through each interval. As the shadows would enter his mind, they would unlock a single memory. 

So far, within 3 weeks they had 'unlocked' 14 different memories. Given the time that Eunhae had been together, 14 wasn't even a twelfth of the memories they shared.

 

"We need to act faster Hangeng."

Heechul laid in her bed after the memory unlocking she had done hours earlier.

"Chullie, you can't over work yourself." Hangeng said, massaging her tense shoulders.

"No. I have to! I must! I could tell from Hyukjae's memories that it was no simple act. It was done by someone of power and as powerful as Donghae is, he's lost touch with his angel side. "

Hangeng paused to think about it. Who else but....

"It's Leeteuk, geng, she's back."

"You can't be serious. She vanished over a decade ago."

"I would know my ex-best friend's ability anywhere. We can't locate Donghae which means-"

"You must think positive!" Hangeng exclaimed furiously. Moving away from her body to stand near the window, the moon shining brightly.

"You don't understand Hangeng! He's a dark angel by now."

"If..." Hangeng stopped as he faced Heechul. His eyes glistening, not because of the moon, but from freshly made tears threatening to fall. "If anyone's to blame, it's me. It's my fault that any of this happened, because of me I ruined so many lives!"

His tears fell heavily, the anguish within his heart filling to the brim and exploding in the wet, salty droplets.

"I am the one who fell for you. I am to blame."

"What are you trying to fix? You cannot travel to the past and alter the present. It doesn't work that way."

Heechul walked over to him, rubbing his shoulders gently to calm him down.

"Even if Donghae knew, the boy has a heart of silver and gold, I'm sure he would never blame you, after all it was because of you that him and Hyukjae were able to meet."

Hangeng turned towards Heechul, kissing her gently on the lips.

"Since when are you positive?"

Heechul kissed him back more possesively. "Since I've been surrounded by love sick puppies."

He wrapped his arms around her as they stared at the moon.

"Geng?"

"Hmm" he kissed her temple.

"Do you think we'll ever find Donghae?"

He squeezed her tighter. "Why do you ask?"

"Because...Hyukjae's memories have yet to return and it's Leeteuk. What if we have to kill her?"

A strange sizzling sound filled the air along with charred meat. Hangeng knew instantly that Heechul was crying. To hear and see her crying so much, Donghae must've impacted her greatly.

"We must always think of Donghae. Always of him."


a/n: ahh it's thunderstorms T_T I'm scared of thunder and lightning ;__;