It hurts

Nevaeh

Hangeng swallowed loudly and tried to keep his calm. They had been together for many years and in those years a lot of secrets had been shed and accepted. But as he glanced at his lover, he wasn't sure of it anymore.

"A P-princess?" He had tried to sound strong. Tried to remember every letter, of every word, of every language he had learned. And yet it all slipped past his tongue and left a bitter taste.

Heechul's eyes stayed sharp. He didn't see them change. The pupils slit and glaring right back at the demons. He was at a loss.

"Hangeng, I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I-"

The demon cackled loudly. The sound echoed and rang through his ears.

"I guess there's more to her than you realize. Who would've thought? She left us for an Angel whom she didn't bother to be truthful to. Must be painful, agonizing. Must be ripping you to shreds."

Hangeng kept his eyes forward. He tried to keep himself from faltering, but everything around him dimmed. He could feel his eyes watering and willed himself not to cry, not in front of those two demons. He didn't need them to see his weakness.

He felt a rough tug on his arm, bringing him back to reality.

"Geng, I need you here. I know there are somethings that need to be explained. But at the moment we're in danger. Father sent-"

He pulled away harshly. "Your father is dead!" The breath caught in his throat. "You told me your father was dead."

Both demons began laughing loudly. Almost bending over. One spoke out, coughing slightly as he continued laughing. "You-you left for him? and you-" The demon paused to breathe. "-you told him Yesung was dead! Oh wait till he hears this, Sungmin." The demon glanced at the shorter one. "Wait till he hears."

 

"Hah hah. Do you think we're safe now?"

Siwon and Hyukjae ran for their lives as the demons followed behind and found themselves back at the cafeteria. With quick thinking, Siwon grabbed Hyukjae and ran into a medium-sized supply closet nearby. As Hyukjae caught his breath he spoke quietly as to not grab attention.

"I really wonder if we're safe. They didn't seem too happy. Why are they coming after us? Do you think it's because of Donghae? The only time we were ever attacked was because he didn't take his medicine. But-" Hyukjae breathed deeply. "-he's no longer here."

Siwon placed his forefingers on his temples and rubbed deeply.

"I don't know how to tell you this, Hyukjae."

"Tell me what?"

"My mother's a Princess. A demon princess."

Hyukjae swallowed dryly. His throat felt constricted.

"It was something she had only told me. She didn't tell my father. So at this moment, he may or may not know, the same as you."

Hyukjae whispered forcefully. "How could you tell me now?! I'm damn sure that if we had known sooner, maybe just maybe we could have planned this better! We're stuck in a closet, they're god-knows-where. Why do I keep getting wrapped up in this mess?!" He slid down and fell onto his . One knee bended, the other laying flat.

Siwon peeked through the small holes in the door, then backed away, choosing to sit alongside Hyukjae.

"It was something none of us could prepare for. When my mother chose to marry an Angel, my grandfather was furious and threw her out. He didn't want anything to do with her anymore and she was glad. That's why she never said anything, she figured he would never come looking for her. I mean it's been centuries already, Hyuk. What could he possibly gain from her? from any of us?"

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

The duo jumped up onto their feet. Fear etched on their faces.

"Come out and play boys. Marco?"

The demon appeared behind Hyukjae and whispered into his ear. "Polo." And flashed away.


a/n: I actually scared myself with that last part. I don't do horror. But hey, Insidious 2 yall.