Reunion?

Nevaeh

The boy stepped back a few feet and bowed. "I am sorry. It's nice to meet you, I am Lee Donghae!" He raised his hand to shake Hyukjae's who was speechless.

"D-donghae?"

"Yeah?"

"You-you just hugged me. Don't you remember who I am? It's me, Hyukjae. Your Hyukkie."

Donghae's brows furrowed. "I-I don't think that I do-"

"You must!" He interrupted. The anxiety getting to him. "How can you not!? We've been through so much together! You obeyed me and you, you hugged me! No, no. This can't-this can't be happening. Not again. Not now. We need you, I need you." He pulled on his own hair and looked at Heechul who was staring back at him, eyes full of sadness...and disappointment for she too had hoped he remembered.

He pulled Donghae into his arms, sobbing as he smelled the scent of the person he yearned for. Even so young and different, he still smelled the same, like vanilla and it filled him with sorrow and joy.

Donghae pulled away and stared straight into Hyukjae's eyes. He was searching for something, anything and then he felt it, lips on his own.

In Hyukjae's mind, he didn't care that others might look at him as if he's a e. An adult kissing a teenaged boy? But he was so sure they were the same person. That maybe this was like one of those fairytales Donghae loved so much. About the Prince and the Frog. And maybe Donghae wasn't a frog and Hyukjae was never a Prince, it could still work and whatever spell, if there was a spell on him, would disappear immediately.

When he didn't feel Donghae's lips move upon his own he knew it was hopeless. But then Donghae whispered something in his ear and he walked away to help Heechul. Not sparing another glance at him.

 

Heechul wrapped her arm around Hyukjae's neck. "You can't give up."

He stood silent and held onto her waist.

"You can't. He needs you. Even if he's not the Donghae we know today, he is still the same Donghae we love."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

He helped her to walk back to the house, not sparing another glance to Donghae who was pouting at their retreating forms.

"We were told that he would recover his memories with the help of his parents, but he was supposed to be human."

Hyukjae sat her gently on the couch, keeping his head down the entire time.

"Hyuk?"

As he sat down himself, she heard him whimper. "H-hae"

She grabbed him and he held onto her tightly, his face laying on her chest as wretched sobs left him gasping for air.

"We'll get through this. One day, Donghae will be with us again."

"These aren't sad tears, they're happy ones."

Heechul pushed him off. "What? But Dongh-"

"He remembers me." He smiled though his lips were quivering and his eyes were puffy and red.

She looked out the door and saw Donghae standing and waving at her.

"H-how?"

"He doesn't remember us being in a relationship. But he remembers meeting me b-because we-" Hyukjae started blushing.

Heechul snarled. "Out with it already dammit!"

"-we kissed when we first met."

She facepalmed. "I can't believe it. Even at times like this you two are still as as ever."

"That's not all. He saw Kangin."

"Kangin? But he's at the cabin isn't he?"

"No. Donghae saw him in Nevaeh."


a/n: oh shizznips. Kangin is in Nevaeh :O But how did he get there? oooooh.