5th Midnight

MidNightmare

“Dae, will you please visit ------? She doesn’t look okay. It would be best to have someone near her that understands what is going on.” But no one ever understood what you were going through, not even that little faker.

12:00 am~ 10:51 pm

You clicked the page eagerly. What would be said about you? But you didn’t recognize the name that topped the ranking charts. Who was DICTATOR? You confirmed that it was in fact you. It annoyed you that the names kept changing. The anger passed when you started to read what midnightmare was saying.

‘DICTATOR, the number one player in NIGHTMARE. Level 100. Has been playing NIGHTMARE for exactly one year. Original name- HEARTLESS, given for her killing methods that gave no thought to the players she killed. She was a ruthless player that killed with ease. After becoming hit by a dart thrown by now deceased player HIPNO, HEARTLESS lost sane thoughts. Several months later HEARTLESS became MANIA and continued to act crazy. MANIA was not as violent as she was before because her fellow team mate INNOCENT was forbidding her from attacking others. On the anniversary of MANIA’s first trip to NIGHTMARE INNOCENT was killed by now deceased QUEEN. After, MANIA killed MASTER and took the role as the best player. She correctly eliminated a whole team and had been crowned dictator at MIDNIGHT.’

Was that a laugh coming from your throat? Jaejoong had been choked to death and you were laughing? Because it was too ironic. The one person that was holding you back and slowly healing you was gone. You were invincible. They left you, so they had no hold on your life anymore. NIGHTMARE was your game, no one had any say on what you did. Maybe something good would finally happen.

2:16 pm

“Kong! I’m here to cheer you up!” You slammed the door in her face with polite fierceness. You didn’t need cheering up. There had been no pains or regrets after Jaejoong’s death. In fact, you felt free. You loved the guy for taking care of you and basing his whole career off of you, but he wasn’t that important to you. He was just a guy. Dae didn’t think that. She thought he was more than that, maybe he was.

Sadly, your mother unlocked the bedroom door with her master key and let Dae in. “Honestly ------, I don’t know what has been going on with you these past few months, but you need to get your act together!” She closed the door with Dae staring at you with a stupid grin. Dae opened her purse and pulled out a book.

“I thought you could use something to get your mind off of things. I brought a book to talk to you about. I saw that you had been reading it in one of Yoochun’s paintings.” Dae showed you the cover and nearly lost her head because of it. Was she mocking you? Hounds of Baskerville, the Sherlock Holmes book you had yet to finish, was open in her hands and waiting to be talked about. Ignoring your protests, she told you the plot, and the ending.

Back when reading and Tae Kwon Do were your only priorities you had been very interested in the book. Your sanity was almost on par with your current condition. With other people that went to NIGHTMARE you could keep your calm. You were alone most of the time and you could never concentrate. The thought slipped through your mind that you might get the chance to finish the book with Dae there, but she spoiled the ending before you even got a chance to shut her up. It was a reflex to punch her, you couldn’t hold back.

She fell to the floor with a bloody nose. Really, did she have to be so inconsiderate? Of course, you were the one that attacked her for no definite reason. But it felt so good to hurt people. It made your senses come alive. You wanted to hurt her more, to taste the sweet satisfying pleasure of putting pain into others. If she irritated you it should have been fine. There should have been no consequence for harming anyone, you were the dictator. A laugh that was becoming habitual roared out of you. It shook the room, feeding you support and praise. You were completely in the clear, go ahead.

It was so natural to you. She was already curling up, begging you to stop hurting her. You had ignored her pleas and were making every movement exaggerated and menacing. Unused energy was still piled up inside and she was the perfect venting source. She was there, she knew the circumstances, and she could be used.

Her beating continued. Past the bones breaking. Past the bruising. Her blood rushing. Her shrieks and sobs. The slapping her body made as she was repeatedly onto the floor. Any way possible, you were hurting her. When had she stopped responding to your smacks? Your mother walked in from all the ruckus to see you slamming your knee into her stomach.

“Omo! ---------! What is going on in here? I just –I don’t –I’m…” She scurried away, leaving you transfixed to the spot, half tempted to continue your assault on the corpse. Your mother returned quickly with a phone in her hand. She was speaking to someone with a distressed expression. Why was Umma so freaked out? “She has lost her mind? She killed a girl in her own room! She needs help. It isn’t safe with her around here. I am afraid she will hurt someone else!” She looked at you pained, like her emotions were conflicting for calling the police on her own daughter. But you were out of control.

6:45 pm

“We finally got you Kong.” She smiled at you, basking in her own personal glory. You hadn’t particularly been hiding from her, or trying to stay out of jail. Now that you were the conqueror of NIGHTMARE, the real world held no value to you. The director was going down the wrong path in her investigation. “There is no way you can escape punishment now. All the evidence is there. Physical, witness, time… You even admitted to it yourself. We are just looking for a way to drag Haruka into this.”

There was no way you were dealing with anymore withholding. No more restraining! You were frequently screaming your lungs out, depriving your head of oxygen. The director had already suited you up in a leather binder. Your arms were tied behind your back and your legs were shackled together.

“With the state you’re in though, you are going to an asylum.”

**************************

COMMENTS ARE MOTIVATION~♥