Final Chapter

MidNightmare

(A/N- The following takes place over an elapsed period of several years. Try not to get confused when it switch scenes, because there is no longer any times or any form of transition. Please just try to catch when the time has changed by years or months. )

The questions swirled around your head. The thing you said were lost. Nothing you said or did was remembered by you, but they took note of everything you did. Every time you met they would tell a story that was impossible to believe.

“Violent from a young age.”

“Took the life of Choi Dae with her bare hands.”

“Suspected murderer of seven others with inconclusive evidence.”

“Tawako Haruka has been arrested for illegal activities in Asakusa, Japan.”

“A danger to the public.”

The testimonies against you were solid and kept piling on. When it came to the point that your own mother was sitting at the stand telling her own story of your cold blooded murder it became to unreal. She had betrayed you so easily it didn’t make sense. Your final hearing took place without any support for your side. It was a done deal. The girl was dead, you did it, and the punishment was coming.

Three hundred. CCC. People had stopped responding to your Roman numerals. Whenever you explained about NIGHTMARE they stopped listening. They didn’t believe you. As much as you tried to make sense, things just didn’t fit together. You were shipped off to loony town.

None of their treatments were helping you. They were just isolating you from the distractions that actually healed you. Stuck in your white room NIGHTMARE was the only thing you saw.

NIGHTMARE. Medication.

NIGHTMARE. Meals.

NIGHTMARE. Exercise time.

NIGHTMARE. Media break.

The screen flickered from bad signal. “Tawako Haruka has one thing to say before her fifteen year sentence for bomb making.” Her face had aged greatly since the first time you had met. She looked ten years older even though it had only been three. Mascara was blotted under eyes from crying too much and strands of oily hair covered her dry chapping lips.

“To DICTATOR, wherever you are, FOLLOWER just wants to tell you something she learned. Those Russians? Well, it turns out that those darts weren’t permanent. You shouldn’t be sick sweetie. You’re just crazy on your own. Aish, this makes me look just as insane. Kora! Get that camera out of my face! I’m done with my talking! Kora!” It didn’t matter what had caused your ed up head to be like that. You were out of your mind and nothing could change that.

Just what the two best players in NIGHTMARE needed, to be locked up in some facility that neither of you could escape from. You were the leader and she was your follower. You made a squeaky laugh and grabbed your hair. “See, I’m not the only one! She has the tattoos too! I’m not the only one! I really am a dictator. That is my game! I rule!”

Helper nurses rushed to your side to calm you down. You weren’t supposed to be watching the news. It was their mistake to let you see something related to your previous life. You could never go back. They reached out for you, desperately trying to reconnect and snap you out of your fit. “Kong -------! Please settle down! That woman has nothing to do with you! She is a criminal, you are a psych patient. Please calm yourself. Get her something to put her down!” Two nurses, a male and a female, held your arms down as another woman raced to get a syringe. She stabbed you in your arm. The arm that had the numbers. The one that had off days and flopped and good days working.

“Get your hands off of me ! I’m not playing! I will kill you all right now! I’m a ing heartless ruler! Get off of me!” The medication wasn’t working fast enough for their own good. They each had several bruises and cuts by the time you rolled onto the floor limp. They each took a deep breath and put you in a wheelchair to roll back to your room. That little episode was going to cost you break time for a month.

It was all too routine. There were several mishaps every moment you were awake. Right after nightmares you were the worst. They didn’t understand why at some moments you would scream profanity when nothing was going on. You would appear covered in blood and halfway across the room from where you were just seconds earlier. A bath was begged of you and they gave you strange looks at your requests. They would never understand how you thought. It didn’t feel good to have other’s blood on you, it felt amateurish, like you couldn’t slaughter newbies cleanly.

You were itching to get on a computer and read some awesome coverage of NIGHTMARE. What would they say about you? Their tales would be so epic! How fitting was it to have the best two players locked up. You in a crazy ward and Haruka in prison. You often laughed at the possible comments and were given meds that made you so dizzy and light headed. It was undoable to form a liable thought as it was, why did they had to with you more?

“Kong -------? I don’t know if you remember me, but I was your neighbor a few years ago. Kim Jaejoong sshi? I am a new intern here working on my thesis. When I graduate I will be working here full time and I hope to treat you well.” He bowed to you as you sat on your bed. You knew, it was a trick, you knew it was a trick from NIGHTMARE. That bastard was pulling a trick on you again. He was lucky he was just a voice or you would have killed him long ago. Bad enough, you wanted to pull out his vocal cords for messing with you.

Were you high again? Or was a dead man really in front of you? “Where is Haruka, this has to be a trick. You are dead.” Jaejoong raised an eyebrow, a trait you loved about him. He took a step closer to the door, away from you.

“Well, it seems you remember me, but I’ve never died before. ------, do you need any help right now? Are you okay? I can get a sunbae in here to check on you. Would you like that?” Now finally realized, you really were crazy. He wasn’t back. He wasn’t back. He wasn’t back. He wasn’t back. He Was Not Back. He Was NOT Back. HE WAS NOT BACK!

But he was, and you were out of your mind. What else wasn't true. How many more tricks was your mind playing on you? You wanted the dream to end like Cinderella. At the of MIDNIGHT you prayed for the NIGHTMARE to stop taking control of your life. Just for one Mid Night Mare, make it all go away.

****************************

What, it's done? How, I don't like it. That is the worst ending in history! Screw you DeviLaugh. You said this would be good, I trusted you! *cries in a corner at how much I rushed this ending.* There will be an epilogue. I'm not sure if I will write it from Jaejoong's point of view, but I think I will. Yay, my first time writing a fanfic from first person. I kind if got that it wasn't a FAN FIC if the celebrity was not in the story. DO YOU FORGIVE ME?

Comments are motivation~♥ (or feedback for the end~♥)