8th Day, 3:46 pm

MidNightmare
3:46 pm

Something was brushing your face. With a grimace you saw a hand sweeping your bangs out of your eyes. Jaejoong was leaning towards you, watching. You shut your eyes waiting for the stinging sensation to reach you. Slap. You still held onto that fear and pain. Your dreams had been too real. Jaejoong cupped your face, pleading you to open your eyes. You held your resistance but asked him through blindness, “why are we in a park?” You heard Jaejoong sigh.

“You cried too much you fell asleep. I carried you here so Dr. Lee could see his next patient. You woke up earlier than I had expected.” Jaejoong turned your head so it was facing something that splashed onto your face. You curiously looked at the fountain in front of you. It was spilling blood; the same fountain as before. “I won’t ask you what is wrong, but I will distract you. Remember that puppy from earlier?” Frankly, you didn’t remember anything. “There is a bigger dog over there.” You followed his gaze to lay eyes on a young man pulling weeds out of flowerbeds.

His was leaning over the flowers with laziness. His shirt was riding up from him bending forward. You could see the faint burn marks still remaining. “Yunho!” The man turned around and squinted. When he saw you and Jaejoong his eyes widened. He glanced around, unsure if he was in NIGHTMARE or not. When he saw pedestrians passing by he eased, but he didn’t welcome your presence. He pulled off his gardening gloves and stood, taking in your appearance.

“Yah! I didn’t say anything earlier because I didn’t know it was you, but did you just call me a dog Kim Jaejoong?” Jaejoong left you on the bench and scratched behind Yunho’s ear with a playful tease. He had a huge smile plastered on his face with giggles echoing out.

“I’ve thought this ever since I first met you, but you have the cutest puppy dog eyes.” Yunho went along with it and looked at Jaejoong adoringly. Their YunJae actions should have sickened you by Korean standards. Their YunJae actions should have been cute to a girl watching two hot boys play. Their YunJae actions should have been the thing you were thinking about. You were just grateful that Yunho wasn’t spilling his guts or revealing a less than pretty face. He wasn’t shedding masks. He was normal. He was even safer than Jaejoong.

You gripped Yunho in a huge hug and didn’t dare look at Jaejoong. Yunho let his arms wrap around you. He didn’t understand the relief he gave you. He wasn’t scaring the living out of you just by seeing his face. While Jaejoong’s face never fell of, he never became a puppet, he didn’t lie to you, he was still the murderer from your nightmare. With Yunho with you, Jaejoong was pushed away. He felt the distance. He became icy without warning. He had been replaced. You wanted to stay hidden in Yunho’s arms forever.

Yunho looked at Jaejoong desperately. He had been working before he had to stop, and he needed to go back to weeding. Yunho pushed you away while Jaejoong draped his arms over your eyes. He was starting to understand what was hurting you. “-------, puppy still has to work, leave him be.” You held onto the hands covering your eyes. Was your blind trust enough to be with him? Jaejoong kept his stare with Yunho. From the outside, people could see a teen getting jealous over his girlfriends contact with another man. People could see the lasers shooting from Jaejoong’s eyes. His gaze was intense, but without hate. “Yunho sshi, where can we get --------‘s hair cut?”

Yunho scratched his nose. Everyone had wondered why you never fixed your hair properly. It was still choppy and ragged. Your laziness was brought to mind. “There is a beautician just a block over.” Jaejoong started to pull you in the direction that Yunho had pointed out. “Wait!” Yunho jogged up behind you and placed sunglasses in your hands. “It seems you don’t want to see people, so wear these. They have really dark lenses and it is hard to see anything more than simple shapes like buildings.” You put them on and smiled. It was so much better than having to trust Jaejoong to lead you around. Being with Jaejoong was painful.

5:28 pm

“Oh dear, is she blind.” You frowned when you heard them. Why did they have to assume that? Was it the sunglasses on the train, Jaejoong leading you around, the fact that you were having difficulty seeing? Or were they just people that liked to label others? You rested your head on Jaejoong’s shoulder and resisted the urges to stab them. Jaejoong didn’t like violence. It was bad. You needed to control yourself. He had been right. You were wrong. Listen to watch Jaejoong says.

“I swear I have seen that guy before!” The soft giggles filled the compartment. A small possessive part of you hated to hear girls talk about Jaejoong. When they flirted you feared that he would leave you alone. You kept your head on his shoulder and whispered deathly threats at them. Before you realized it, Jaejoong’s head was leaning on yours. Had he fallen asleep? Many passengers cooed at the sight. But you were still awake.

9:12 pm

She tapped the table lightly. How long did it take to crack a website? Haruka began to question her choice in criminal hacker. She was tired of waiting. She wanted to know exactly who had created midnightmare. Who was paying for the site to run? Who managed it? What were they planning? She wanted the answers.

Haruka’s phone rang, bleeping out random notes. She answered. “Mushi mushi? Did you get me the information yet? Who is this ?” Haruka heard the faint sounds of coughing on the other end.

“Haruka, what did you get into?” She didn’t understand why her contact was so angry. “What is with that site? It automatically translates into whatever language the reader needs.” She had figured as much. “The creator is a man named MIDNIGHT NIGHTMARE. It sounds like an occult English name. The person managing the site is a woman named MID NIGHTMARE. I would assume they are married… It was made five years ago and has been getting several frequent visitors. I can’t locate where it was made but –.” Haruka hung up on him. She felt that the information he was telling her was useless. It just proved that she was in deep . What the was NIGHTMARE?

*************************************

Because Yunho doesn't randomly shoot people. I really wanted you to jump off the train, but...

comments are motivation~♥