1st Midnight

MidNightmare

1st Midnight

Amara had thrown Jaejoong’s bloody jacket back down to him and Yunho returned his burned sweater. He thanked them and held them closely, but he was counting down the seconds to midnight. He was lucky, he could have thought of the other horror that could have happened, and being shot was actually near the bottom of his list. He was thankful that everyone was alive. That NIGHTMARE hadn’t suddenly them and killed them off at that very moment. Fifteen… sixteen… seventeen…

Two hundred ninety-six…

Ninety-seven…

Ninety-eight…

Ninety-nine…

12:00 am

The water spilled onto the floor. “Erika, what are you doing? You’re getting everything wet!” She looked at the overflowing cup and the water bottle. She lifted the bottle and looked around. That’s right; she had been at a club waiting for her performance. She dropped them. She turned away, mumbling words of sickness. She wasn’t ready to just fade back to reality.

12:00 am

Changmin fell into the couch surprised. He had forgotten what movie he was going to watch. Oh yeah, that one with the postman. It didn’t seem important anymore.

12:00 am

Yunho felt hot again. Was the room on fire? Then he realized that he was in his bathroom. There was steam in the air. He sighed. He was going to be paranoid for a long time.

12:00 am

She hadn’t heard anything the singer had said for the last few seconds. She didn’t understand why she was hearing one of her favorite songs again. She touched her ears and pulled out the headphones. Her finger brushed the earring. She hadn’t had the top part of her ear pierced a minute ago. It was all real.

12:00 am

Haruka laid there for a moment. Had she finally woken up? She looked at the clock next to her. Midnight. Of course it was. She picked up the phone. “I would like to order room service. Yeah, a hot chocolate, I had a bad dream. Room…” She was surrounded by darkness.”

12:00 am

Junsu had his hand on his hyung’s doorknob. He let it drop. He turned around and walked back to his room. He had already died, what did he need his brother for? He crawled into his sheets and started to silently weep. From happiness, from sadness. Everything was finally over.

12:00 am

The wind blew on her legs. She was about to climb out a window. She stopped and closed it. She took out her phone and called her friends. “I can’t make it tonight; I’m having a wardrobe malfunction.” She looked down at her singed Lolita dress. Had she thought it was cool? Horror and fantasy? It wasn’t. “I don’t think I’ll ever come again.”

12:00 am

The mist rose from Jaejoong’s mouth. He was sitting on his porch again. He jumped up from the bench and ran into his house, leaving the jacket and sweater on the ground. He grabbed his cell from a table and dialed the emergency number. “Yah, Kong ------ at…” He was messing up his words. “She’s been shot… No I don’t need the police; they wouldn’t be able to catch the shooter. She was shot a while ago and she needs help… In her arm… Yeah I’ll stay on.” He ran back out the door and raced down the street. He looked at each house number. ‘She moved in last year.’ The house the movers had been at… He turned the corner and saw the address. It was the house. He did ran up to the door and knocked heavily. No one came to the door. It was after midnight. He stepped back and rammed the door. After his second try the lock came out and the door opened for him. He didn’t know where your room was.

He took a guess and ran up the stairs he saw. Sixteen steps separating you. None of the doors were open, but one had light coming from underneath. He opened the door and took a look inside. You were lying on your bed with a white face. Your pajama top covered your chest. Jaejoong didn’t know what to do. He heard foot steps coming up the stairs. Your parents. He ran into the hallway as your dad came up to him swinging a baseball bat. “Stay away from my daughter! Get out!” His wife ran from behind him and went into your room. She shrieked when she saw you.

“You monster, what did you do to -------?” She put her head on the bed, trying to sooth you while sobbing.

Jaejoong avoided getting hit and tried to explain the situation. He held up his hands to show he had nothing to defend himself with. “She is going to die! I already called for help, just let me explain!” Your father took another swing at Jaejoong.

“I won’t believe anything from someone with tattoos.” Jaejoong tilted his head. He didn’t have any. Then he saw the black Roman numeral one on his wrist. Proof that he had survived NIGHTMARE.

“Dear, she has one too.” Your father stared at you with hatred.

He took another swing. “What have you been doing with her? Why has she been shot?” He was talking like you weren’t a Tae Kwon Do master. Jaejoong dodged the swing and fumbled down the stairs. He got to the front door and turned back to him.

“Look, I have to wait outside for the ambulance, my cell is right there on the floor. Talk to the person, she is going to give advice.” He ran to the sidewalk, waiting. It was something he had grown used to. Anticipation. Fear. Hope.

12:23 am

Before your parents could say anything, Jaejoong had climbed into the back of the ambulance next to the medics. The ambulance sang to life and left them dumbfounded. They hadn’t realized it was their neighbor’s son that had just saved their dying daughter. “You also have a lot of wound. You’ll need to get those checked as well.” One of the paramedics was trying to examine Jaejoong, but he shook them off. He wanted them to give you their full attention. His wounds were minimal. Your life was in danger.

****************************

Comments are motivation~♥