4th Night, 11:48 pm

MidNightmare

11:48 pm

Changmin was slowly sizzling. He had touched too many things he shouldn’t have. His hair was frying and sticking up in directions he wasn’t comfortable with. More than anything else, he was thankful the circuit board wasn’t humid, or he would have been burned long ago. Changmin was close to crashing, that pun was intended. He deeply regretted not eating the Jajangmyeon. He didn’t have any energy, despite the fact that he had been electrocuted subtly over a dozen times. Changmin couldn’t think anymore. He was brain dead. Only his body still moved in hopes of making it out of NIGHTMARE.

11:49 pm

It was an amazing sensation. Yoochun’s body was being tickled harshly from all sides. The stuffed animals were determined to make his body ache in some way. There were still hundreds of toys making their marks on his skin, but the ones that hurt the most were the fluffy ticklers. Yoochun’s giggles mimicked Elmo. He felt so ridiculous. He was being swarmed by little toy animals, not real raging beasts. The only reason he wasn’t pulling an ultimate battle move was because he was so overwhelmed. There were just too many of them for him to take on. He was just a lone player.

11:50 pm

 The currents were entering his body at an exponential rate. His skin was black and peeling off. Changmin’s body wasn’t even moving. The nerves were dead and the muscle had constricted. He had no chance of playing another game. He had reached his game over.

11:51 pm

Dae reached through the sand, swimming through with her diminishing strength. She was not going to die! Her fingers grabbed at air and she struggled to pull herself out of her pit. She spat out all the sand she had swallowed. She couldn’t see and she didn’t dare open her eyes. If any sand reached her eyes she wouldn’t be able to see. They would have been scratched beyond sight. She blew the sand off her caked hands and slowly brushed her face off. She was going to take her time clearing her body of any remaining evils. She had won, NIGHTMARE had lost.

11:52 pm

Haruka kept silent and the voice said nothing to her. She was left alone with the dancing shadow. Her mind was swirling along with the black mist. It was hypnotizing her. She had no desire to ask anything else. Was there any way to end the nightmare? She had no strength to ask. How were the others doing? Her silent question was sadly answered by the sadistic voice. “SPOILED has been eliminated.” She snapped out of her trance. It couldn’t be true.

She didn’t want to believe it, but those were the same words that the voice spoke when Amara died. ‘FAZED has been eliminated.’ Amara’s pulse wasn’t there and her body had already started to lose warmth. Could it be possible? Had Changmin died as well? Or was the voice finally torturing her? Was it all a trick to make her feel guilt and despair? “Tell me you are lying!” Her reply was more painful laughter. She cringed and yanked on her hair, trying to distract herself from the hurt. It was lying. Lying. Lying. Lying!

11:53 pm

“.” She spat as she crashed into another block of ice. She rolled over as it cracked loudly. She had no time to rest. “! If I don’t hurry my name will be called out next. ! What if I missed someone’s name while I was in the water? !” Erika was already waist deep in water before she leapt to her side. She was in an impossible place to be. She really had no chance of surviving.

11:54 pm

Junsu didn’t know why a building was erecting around him. Beams had appeared from the sky, just like the rook that had claimed his life in the first nightmare. Junsu was being careful to avoid being smashed, but he was losing faith. Changmin’s death reached his ears and he narrowly avoided being a CD. He rested for a moment, tired of running around in circles. The support beams had been raining down and aiming for him. He didn’t know what sort of building was being made, but he knew he never wanted to find out.

Junsu felt the coolness as a shadow appeared over him. He looked up while he sidestepped out of the beam’s path. But he couldn’t escape it. There wasn’t just one beam; there was a whole array of beams trapping Junsu. He closed his eyes and waited, knowing that RELUCTANT was going to be called next. Then he felt huge amounts of massive weight pressing down on his back, breaking his spine. His arms and legs were shattered. His ribs cracked and pierced his lungs. But Junsu’s head was spared, and he was barely breathing.

11:55 pm

Who was SPOILED again? You couldn’t remember. You couldn’t even remember your own name. You weren’t thinking. You weren’t registering anything. If you had been, you would have been screaming your lungs off. The tree was eating your back. Your skin was slowly being dissolved. Your face was turning red from some toxin that was surely giving you an irritating rash. Your blissful tree hugging time was interrupted by some hard core justice.

11:56 pm

Yunho couldn’t stand the jeers he was getting from the crowd. Their expectations were stabbing. He didn’t know how to please them all. He wanted please them, to be accepted, but he was just receiving rejection. He was all alone with no one to support him against the evils of awaiting audiences. The mob of people was growing in hatred. They hated him for being a clown. They hated him for being boring. They hated him for not paying up. It was all Yunho could manage to crack a smile and dance like he was having fun. Like he wasn’t hurting on the inside. Like he was a real clown, not some lost kid.

11:57 pm

Haruka’s lip quivered as tears stained her face. She didn’t want to believe it.

11:58 pm

Jaejoong’s heart crumbled as he learned of Changmin’s departure, but he had to keep battling. He was nowhere close to just resting and taking the last few minutes in NIGHTMARE with ease. He was screwed if he did that. Jaejoong crawled along the ground, keeping out of range to the onslaught of arrows. He knew that blades were ahead of him. He knew because crawling was definitely boring.

11:59 pm

Finally you began to feel the pain. With MIDNIGHT so close, you felt the trigger in your head and actually thought rationally. You were letting loose all of your pent up sadness. “Oh Changmin! Did you really die? Guys, where are you? What is happening? Get me off of this tree! Help! Jaejoong, please help me.

********************************

Comments are motivation~♥