9th Day, 1:48 pm

MidNightmare

1:48 pm

“Eh, I’m not being questioned? Then why is this laptop still in front of me? Am I supposed to be doing something with this? And where is my hyung? Look, he really doesn’t know anything, so just take me.” Junsu was alone inside a room with only a table and a chair. In front of his was the homepage to midnightmare. He had never been on the site and he didn’t really like to see it, but he was curious. It seemed to be a very handy thing. Junsu secretly hoped to find something else that would learn something new that would be useful. He also suspected that someone had revealed the secrets of the website, so he tried to act familiar with it.

A speaker came on in the room. “You are required to have a connection to this webpage until further notice. As for your brother, it has been concluded that he has no part in this case and has been sent back home. Don’t worry.” The investigators had deemed Junsu as harmless. He didn’t seem like the type of person that would kill randomly. They had also read his statistics and believed that RELUCTANT was not the person that would interfere with their investigation.

“Whatever. Anyway, the others are here right? What is happening to them?” The people observing him via video monitor noted that everyone’s stories of knowing and not knowing each other were not matching up. They didn’t give him an answer. “Yah! I’m hungry! And if I am hungry then Changmin must bee demanding food by now. I didn’t even get the chance to eat breakfast! You know, to break my fast. Yah, food!” They grinned at each other. Junsu was really destroying the plot that the others were trying to build up. Everything was just too suspicious.

2:01 pm

Jaejoong stared at the screen without interest. He was sure someone had lied about the real purpose of the game. The obvious misunderstanding led to the laptop in front of him. He was tempted to change the page and check a few emails, but he was sure that would get him in trouble. Whatever they asked him, he was going to screw it up so badly nothing made sense. He just hoped that no one had already said what he was going to say. “I don’t think it works like this.” The two interrogators raised an eyebrow but ignored his remark to get on with the interview.

“You know why you are here. We want to know what happened to the missing Shin Amara. What is your relationship with Amara?” Jaejoong was used to acting. Whenever he played around with his sisters he acted like he was having fun. He learned what real acting looked like from watching dramas that his mother said showed the real face of love. He knew he was good when his teacher believed that he really had fallen into a river, that being the reason the ink in his paper had washed away. For making him stay in his Hamtaro pajamas, he was going to make them pay.

He closed his eyes and willed the tears to come forth. While touching his forehead he started to whimper. He turned away to hide his fake sadness. When the first two tears fell he snapped his head back and said in a cracked voice. “Amara is my girlfriend.” He was careful to avoid the word ‘was’ because he knew she was dead. For all they knew, she was still missing and whoever had said she was dead was just being extreme.

The officers seemed surprised by his answer and confirmed the question they were asking next. “Did you meet by playing the game MidNightmare?” Jaejoong almost frowned when they got the name of the game wrong. It was NIGHTMARE, not MidNightmare. Sillies.

He brightened his face and unslouched his depressed body. “Oh yes! Well, we haven’t met in person, but when we started to play the game we fell in love instantly. I am a little ashamed to say I almost went for Yoochun. We are just so similar it seemed like fate.” He let out a passionate sigh before closing his eyes in mock reminisce. He hoped they were still following his act. He thought he could pull off being bi. He has the feminine looks if arms and shoulders were taken away and he did have a bundle of sisters at home. He was freaking wearing hamster pajamas! He was almost positive that they bought his obvious lie.

One of the investigators cleared his throat before continuing. “Can you describe each level of the game for us so we can get a clearer picture of what it is that you all play?” Jaejoong nodded eagerly like a child being asked if he wanted a treat. He started to play with his hair as he recited what he believed was a fitting explanation.

“We role play and then we act it out and we try and attack each other and the last person standing gets to be king.” He was having a fun time making absolutely no sense. “We have so much fun it kills.” The keyword being kills. They knew he was just pulling their legs then. They wanted straight answers, not something he made up on his fake high.

“Kim Jaejoong, we are aware that you are lying to us.” Jaejoong kicked the leg of the table and growled at them. He no longer bore a face of endless bliss. He showed his anger and hatred. The more he thought about it, the more he hated to be interrogated for a death that happened in an instant.

“So? I am sure you haven’t gotten a single truthful answer from anyone. Why? Because if we told you the truth you would lock us up in the loony bin and forget all about us. Most of us aren’t crazy, we all face this problem. How do you think we felt to see Amara die? We were happy? No, of course not. Most of us were grateful for the few things she did while we were together. Stop treating us like criminals. We are victims in this game, and we can’t escape. No matter what you guys do, until we all die, this game will continue and we will be together more and more. You think you have us separated? Just wait until the time comes. Wait is all you can do.” Jaejoong crossed his arms and stared at them stiffly.

One of them had been writing down everything he had said. The other read over it and let his interest spark his words. “How were you able to meet with Amara? We have records that Amara has never left her country and none of you have been to her. You said meet, so this isn’t role playing or chatting. This is physical meeting. How?” Jaejoong huffed.

“We want to know the same things.” The interrogator was not satisfied. He couldn’t feel Jaejoong holding back, but his answer made had no credibility. They met but didn’t know how? Jaejoong was such a good liar.

“You were all there when she died? How did she die?”

Jaejoong didn’t want to answer. He didn’t want to make something up either. The truth wouldn’t have been taken, so he just let it out. “She was hit by a flying knife. Probably the one I assume you took from -------. Yes we were all there. Well, -------- was halfway with us. She was unconscious when it happened.” More like crazy.

“So ------‘s knife killed Amara, but ------ wasn’t awake to see it happen. Did ------- kill Amara? What happened?” Jaejoong held his hands together and placed them under his chin. He stared at his two interrogators with curiosity. He had let the thought wander back into his head and it was irritating him so much.

“I will tell you my makeshift answer if you would explain to me how a Japanese like Haruka was able to speak Korean with her interrogators. She has never had lessons in Hangul and I’m sure nobody spoke her native tongue. Did Tawako Haruka understand what was being said, and more importantly, did you understand her?”

*******************************************************

Ok, I have gotten rid of the caring Umma Jae and put prankster Jae back in. I love this side of him the most. He makes me laugh just imagining him doing that in real life.  I wanted to bring up the language barrier thing when Haruka was talking, but I forgot. I am being forgetful these days. 

Comments are motivation~♥