4th Night, 11:39 pm

MidNightmare

11:39 pm

The cement lying on top of Junsu was hardening. His face was almost completely covered. Even if he wanted to he wouldn’t have been able to open his eyes. If he didn’t act fast he was going to be implanted into the ground and he would die. Junsu tried to move his arms. He tried to bring his legs up. He couldn’t move at all. He was going to die there, and it was because he was stupid. He couldn’t remember the special skills that Yoochun had mentioned at their meeting. He had brought it up and pointed it out to each of the players. If only he could remember the words and the power they brought with it.

11:40 pm

The fun had stopped ages ago, to him at least. The running was tiring for him. He couldn’t take a single step without feeling the burning in his lungs. Not only was he facing fast shooting arrows, he was also running from saws. Randomly, saws and blades would fly out of walls and aim for his head. When he barely dodged some arrows he pouted. His favorite Hamtaro pj’s had so many cuts in them he was sure they would fall off of him that very moment. Jaejoong was pissed of. He wasn’t scared, but he knew how close to death he was.

Jaejoong was thinking at the same time he was running. He was sure that his time in NIGHTMARE wasn’t going to last, but he didn’t know what was happening to the rest of the group. Was everyone having the same challenge as he was? He didn’t want to think of Dae having to leap off ruins. He let the burden in his heart lessen when he thought of you doing the same. Even in your state, dodging blades would be easy. He crossed you off of his list of worries. But when he thought of the other members he didn’t feel as good. Junsu was athletic, but he didn’t really have the mind for hunting. Haruka was pretty much useless in the physical department. Yunho was strong and enthusiastic, but he did things without really thinking of his actions. Erika was the same or even worse. She couldn’t do anything without screwing it up in his opinion. Jaejoong worried about Changmin a lot. He always seemed to see things as a game or a movie. He couldn’t look at things seriously without thinking it just wasn’t real. Yoochun appeared to be a strong person, but he was the artist. Jaejoong didn’t know if the artist would use his precious hands for anything other than art.

11: 41 pm

He gagged as another foot entered his mouth. His drool met the foot and soon it was released. He grimaced as the soggy bear climbed onto his head and slammed its bear hands over and over. He had turned off his brain. He didn’t want to feel the soft heat that was slowly smoldering him. He didn’t want to feel the plastic shredding his skin. He didn’t want to feel his own disappointment from being overpowered by toys. Yoochun’s nightmare paralleled the person being eaten by other people. His body was just a swarmed. The room he was in was just flooded with plushies. He also linked the nightmare to Erika stuffing your mouth with Jaejoong’s tail. He quickly apologized mentally and without thought. He really felt sorry for you even though he was in a place a million times worse.

11:42 pm

He stared at the shape of his body. He was sure he wasn’t that big. Junsu had just barely remembered the words on time. He laughed, “Ringo spinach, how stupid!” He still felt his incredible strength. His arms and legs weren’t any different. It didn’t look like he had taken any steroids, but he still had a change in muscle capabilities. His arms lifted out of the cement and his knees shifted upwards. His feet slid through the hardened mass and separated the chunks easily. He awkwardly sat up; his abdomen was perhaps the strongest part of his body. Junsu shook his head. He could barely let his voice out. His mouth was half filled with cement and he couldn’t clear his throat that well.

He was so god damn lucky that he had said the words fast enough. As he gloomily compared the size of his body to the hole in the ground, he didn’t realize that he was no longer invincible with strength. He hadn’t remembered the percentages that the strength would work for. Only from 30-39.9999…%. Only in the time frame of three minutes. He had just been so lucky to say the words in time. To remember the words. To get out before it was too late. Anyone watching him would have praised him. He hadn’t been thinking about the details, he just hoped that the words were right and they would work.

11:43 pm

Dae coughed out sand, but more filled . She was stuck letting the grains fill her stomach and her lungs. She had vomited several times in her few minutes in NIGHTMARE. The insanity she was going through had her reeling in agony. She was sure that she had sunk to the bottom of some sand filled hole, but she was somehow on top of a dune. The sun was beating down on her, but she could only see the moon in the green sky. She was so cold. Her insides shook harder than her outsides. She was sick. The stress of nightmares made Dae sicker than an old Ajuma.

11:44 pm

Her feet had already developed frost bite and she couldn’t feel a thing. Her body felt so numb. Erika had become tired from her constant jumping from one ice patch to another. She had no time to rest. The ice was thin and broke instantly. She had been plunged into the water numerous times. Erika had been forced to swim through the chilling aqua before she could reach another patch of ice. When she did finally meet one, she had to haul herself out of the water with her frozen hands, and then she had to quickly jump of because the ice would have already started cracking. Erika was going to lose her toes. She was going to lose her ability to dance.

11:45 pm

She had blanked out momentarily. When the face of doom was brought to her she panicked and shut off. When she realized that she was not dying she recognized the thoughts in her head. She had to plan her words carefully. The voice didn’t like her to say things that had been said before. It didn’t like things to be repeated. It didn’t like the boring life that humans lived. It didn’t like that the boring life lived repeated everyday. “Why were we brought to NIGHTMARE?”

“Darling, aren’t you happy that I am taking you away from your bland lives? Were you honestly satisfied with the way you were living? Deep down, were you contented to ignore the surrounding world? Were you really happy to go everyday not really living? That was what you were really doing. You weren’t really living. You didn’t take in anything that happened to you. Nothing made its way into your little heart. Nothing mattered to you. Well, you had your likes and dislikes, but those feelings you held were shallow and meant nothing. You weren’t living; you were just functioning through the never ending loop of life. I am trying to save you Haruka. NIGHTMARE is the place that will save all of you.”

Haruka couldn’t trust this voice. It was the one that was killing off everyone. Was it so twisted to think that making everyone suffer endless torture and painful killings were going to make anyone live. It brought the emotions out, but they needed to go away so that no one would suffer from extreme depression. NIGHTMARE was not saving anyone.

*******************

I imagine a sort of gentlemanly person speaking to Haruka. He says ‘my dear’ and ‘darling’ and his entire manner of speaking seems to be polite yet mocking. That description of Haruka goes back to the first chapter. I’m not sure if I will write the rest of the nightmare as every minute goes by, but I probably will just so I can get more of every person. I’ve already said who dies; you just need to put two and two together.

Comments are motivation~♥