2nd Night, 9:31 pm

MidNightmare

9:31 pm

Who would you take out first? The girl or one of the guys? It didn’t matter. Like an action movie you jumped up and flying side kicked one of the guys in the face. He was sent to the ground bawling in pain. He grabbed his face and rolled around, trying to ease the pain with distractions. If you hit him someplace else harder he would forget all about his little headache. You turned and slashed the girl with the knife. She held out her arm, trying to cover her face. Her arm started bleeding from the deep cut. She dropped to her knees and tried to stop the bleeding by holding onto her arm as tightly as she could. The other guy swung at you his switchblade. Like it was going to win against your military grade. It wasn’t. You quickly disarmed him by blocking his knife and grabbing his arm. You hit the pressure point above his elbow and his legs buckled. You hit him in the back of the neck with your hand and he was unconscious too. Jaejoong took care of the last guy by kicking him in the family pride. While he was trying to hold in his scream and complaints of cheap attacks Jaejoong copied what you did and hit him in the neck. Not that well, but it did the trick; it was pretty easy and efficient. Neck hits had dealt with three of the enemy. Jaejoong turned back to Yunho with you already dragging him away from the scene of the crime. They would get up quickly if they knew how to heal themselves. Two were still conscious.

“Why am I always getting burned?” He was actually right about that. Things in NIGHTMARE were really redundant. Everything seemed the same. Where were the others? They had probably stopped running. They might have even started to turn back to help. It wasn’t needed. Everything had been taken care of. Jaejoong checked over his burns. They weren’t as bad as his first ones, but they still needed to be treated.

“Should he heal himself now or later?” Was he asking you? You were still in the feeling of kill you couldn’t think of healing people. You sighed and thought it over. You on your teeth before answering.

“We should wait, we don’t even know if he is the only one that can do it in a group or if we can all do it, even if he heals himself. We can’t risk that in case someone else gets hurt worse.” Then their footsteps were heard. Acting as if they hadn’t run, scared less. Erika tried to play it cool, nonchalantly commending you on your total KO. You furrowed your eyebrows. Whatever . Haruka wobbled over to Yunho, trying to thank him. She was wobbling? Had Amara’s kick hurt her that much? She then tried to apologize to Yunho. It was her fault. She didn’t know it would happen. She was sorry. Empty words. Was she going to reverse time and keep him away from the flames? Was she going to go back and fight against the attackers? She would just use her words to try and win him over. She could do nothing.

Everyone sat down next to Yunho, taking a break from their running. That was all they were tired of. Running. No fighting. No saving. No killing. Just running. You were slightly jealous. They were allowed to run away. They weren’t expected to be able to fend for themselves. You didn’t expect anything of them, they had all died before, and Amara was weaker than a kitten. You sat down, tired of your aggressiveness. You placed the knife on the ground and palmed your hand over it. Your hunger had woken up again. You sighed and decided to make a battle plan.

“Guys, all of us, with the exception of Haruka live in Korea right?” The heads nodded. Amara raised her hand. Like you were going to call on her. You stared at her, waiting for her to just start talking. Stop acting like an idiot Amara.

“Which Korea?” You squinted at her. Was she serious?

“South Korea. What, do you live in the north?” She nodded. She was hindering your plan.

“Fine, you and Haruka gives us your phone numbers.” They mumbled the digits to you and you tried to commit them to memory. Everyone being gathered was a key point. “So, how many of us live in Seoul?” You, Jaejoong, Yoochun, Changmin, Junsu, and Erika answered. You perked your lips in a pout. “Yunho, where do you live!” He took deep breaths. Burns still attacking him.

“Out in the country.” Dae raised a hand cutely.

“I just live in the next city over.” You imagined her doing that in her Lolita dress and shuddered. You took the information in, trying to make the best plan. The day, the time the place. It was all so complicated. The reason, the resistance, the rebels. You your lips gingerly. It would work out somehow. You ran your hand through your hair. It was starting to fall again.

“Then when we leave NIGHTMARE we should meet up somewhere in Seoul. Yunho and Dae can take a train or something over. We need to be together to discuss our game strategies. We also need to lay all the facts on the table. So where should we meet?”

Yoochun spoke up after some careful consideration. “Does it have to be somewhere private? We don’t want people to look at us like we are freaks. Maybe in a place not many people go so we can talk more openly, in a closed area…” You narrowed you eyes but you understood. You just couldn’t believe that everyone was agreeing. Wasn’t everything moving too fast? They all accepted being thrown back into NIGHTMARE. They ran for their lives then came back. And then everyone just sat down and started talking again. They were acting a little too relaxed.

“I don’t know, we could just meet up at the subway and then go somewhere from there. Anyway, we need to gather so we can really understand what is happening. I mean, are we supposed to start attacking or are we going to be attacked? We all need to be on the same page. We also need to learn more about each other.” Jaejoong looked like he wanted to protest. “It is the safest bet. Don’t try and avoid. So this Sunday.” Erika called out annoyed.

“I can’t, I have church on Sunday.” You fumed with impatience. Why were there so many complications? You walked over to her and slapped her on the back of the head. It was such a disrespectful thing to do. Blah Korean customs.

“Aigoo, why are the only person here that isn’t Buddhist?” She rubbed her head, wincing.

“I grew up in England, I can’t help it!” You tsked and glared at her.

“Skip it then, I’m sure God would understand your need to live more than your need to have a good afterlife.” She had already died once, why did she still believe in that man? Had she gone to heaven? She sounded like that girl from before. Talking about meeting each other in Heaven, what bull. “You are going to come, even if I have to drag you out of church past the entire mass!” She curled her lips but didn’t bite back.

11: 26 pm

What was supposed to be the scariest three hours ever turned out to be a great time for social gathering. Had the people that brought you to NIGHTMARE thought you would have died? What had they thought? Were they bored of you? Did they forget about you and move on to some other groups. Or was it not over until the remaining eight players were killed? You laughed along with the rest of the group at Haruka’s tales of Korea, but you kept those thoughts on the back of your mind.

“I said Kimochi ii, because I was happy to be indoors away from the cold, but the waitress brought me several servings of Kimchi. I was so surprised!” Everyone laughed at her clumsiness. She was practically rolling over from her own joke. She had her eyes closed while laughing, but when she opened them they weren’t happy. Widened with shock and fear. You felt a familiar shiver and was about to turn around when a hand grabbed your hair. You gritted your teeth while you struggled to stand up. It just ing wasn’t your day.

A shrill voice screeched into your ears. “This is for Sarah!” Crazy Americans.

*****************************

Comments are motivation~♥