9th Day, 6:24 am

MidNightmare

6:24 am

Jaejoong opened the door to find two officers standing in front of him. One was in a suit holding his ID and the other was in uniform doing the same. “Kim Jaejoong?” He nodded. “You are under arrest for suspected murder.” Jaejoong’s eyes widened. He had never expected that to happen. He motioned to his family that was standing groggily behind him. Was he just supposed to leave? How was he going to explain it to them? “Please follow us out to the patrol car. We will be taking you to our headquarters to ask you some questions concerning the death of Shin Amara.” Before Jaejoong could protest the uniformed officer held his arms and put handcuffs on his hands. Jaejoong was lowered in the car and buckled into the seat. He was embarrassed to be going out in his pajamas.

The officers didn’t drive out of the neighborhood like he had expected, but instead stopped in front of your house. Jaejoong was beginning to understand. They were really going to question you hard about Amara, but how did they know? The two got out of the car again and left him inside. They made sure the doors were locked, but the windows were slightly open for air. He expected the officers to say the same thing as they had said to him. Sure enough, within a few minutes you were led out in jogging clothes with your hair a mess. You had probably been dragged out of bed.

Jaejoong blushed when you looked at him. You tried to hold back your giggles as you were placed into the car next to him. He was wearing the most adorable Hamtaro pajamas. He still had his hood on over his dark hair. He was the only person you had looked at. The officers were already flooding the car with masks and extra arms. You felt slightly claustrophobic; everything was so close.

10:15 am

Several officers, detectives, investigators, so on, were surrounding a table with files and notes in front of them. “So, we would like to discuss the information we have learned about these students.” They were shuffling through their papers like there was too much information to read.

“Well, first of all, Tawako Haruka has yet to arrive in Seoul. The officers that were escorting her did find the contents of her laptop interesting. They had information on Amara’s death; however, it is not entirely reliable as it is from an occult based website. The creator claims that they need to crown them as their dictator.” The group kept silent waiting for him to go on. “She will be arriving in Seoul shortly to explain more.”

A female agent spoke up. “We have yet to understand how these ten are connected to each other. Park Yoochun is still refusing to give out any information. The other seven are being questioned right now and we will be receiving updates as soon as they learn something.”

“I would like to bring up the fact that the young man, Kim Junsu, had a twin brother. They aren’t identical, but we brought both of them here in case it was a mix up with the painting.” The door flew open and an officer came in carrying a knife in an evidence bag.

“This was confiscated from Kong --------. She had it in a holster under her pants leg. It is the same knife in the painting. We are questioning her now.” He bowed after putting the evidence of the table and left.

“Then let’s go over --------. It says on her record that she was kicked out of her high school when she was seventeen. The reason being she hit a teacher. We can look into that more but it is irrelevant as of now. She is also a Tae Kwon Do master, so she could have used her martial arts on Amara. Her schooling as of late has been by her mother. She has just finished high school and has not applied for any colleges. She has never left the country. There is no way to link her with Amara other than the knife and paintings.” An officer grunted and stood up.

“I’ll be watching the interrogations.”

10:35 am

“Don’t I get a lawyer or attorney? I need one of those don’t I?” Changmin didn’t know what to say, and he didn’t know how to not say it. He was completely confused. Why was he being asked about Amara?

“You don’t get one and you don’t need one. If you don’t answer our questions you can be charged the crime of withholding information in a criminal investigation. Now, what is you relationship with Shin Amara, Kim Junsu, Kim Jaejoong, Choi Dae, Johnson Erika, Jung Yunho, Tawako Haruka, Kong --------, and Park Yoochun?” Changmin swiveled his head. He was not going to tell them they were NIGHTMARE buddies.

“I have no relation with those people.” His interrogator mumbled something to his partner.

“Are you aware of Shin Amara’s death?”

“Isn’t that why I am here? Look, I don’t know this person and I don’t know anything about her death. Why are you asking me?” The two conversed again. They were the ones withholding information.

“Shin Amara has disappeared. This wouldn’t be such a big deal if it wasn’t for the fact that South Korea and Japan have been drawn into this. We want to know exactly what your relationship is with Shin Amara, now.” Changmin stared at the two of them with dead cold eyes. No matter what they said, he was not going to spill the beans. He had no reason to. He was aware what you would do to him the next time NIGHTMARE happened. He would rather have a fine than lose his life to you. He didn’t think that highly of you after you killed Amara, even if it was an accident. That was the only reason he refused to cooperate.

“Have you ever had a nightmare?”

10: 46 am

“Are you a religious person Dae?” She shook her head. There was no point in believing when NIGHTMARE was real. “Then why are you wearing that cross? Why won’t you let us take it away? You protect it as if it is your life.” Dae hissed. The cross was her life. It was her only way of protecting herself when her horrible nightmare began. One time she would be alone, and the cross would be the only thing that could save her.

Another person walked into the room carrying a file. He whispered something into the first’s ears before taking a seat next to him. He looked at Dae with triumph. Dae wondered if he had been told the truth. She wondered if he wanted confirmation. You killed Amara. He opened his file and pulled out a paper. Dae tried to hide her reaction when she saw the ranking list. It was the rank among the group, but Amara’s name was crossed out. “You know what this is, right?” Dae had a choice, was she going to answer correctly, or was she going to play dumb?

She shook her head. “What is this?” The man smiled and pulled out another file from his folder. Dae had a better time hiding her reaction. Lying in front of her was the total individual ranking. Her eyes automatically found her name.

Dae, rank 1078. FAKER.

“I wonder why you are called faker.” He translated the words to hurt Dae more. “What is this game, NIGHTMARE? What are you really playing?” Dae was angry. She felt horribly humiliated. What had she done to have her low, low, low rank shoved in her face? She wanted to rat you out that second, be she held it in. All the information about you was useless anyway. There was no way they could get any real evidence.

“Do you know how hard it is to wait for midnight?”

************************

I really enjoy writing this part. Dae is FAKER. 

comments are motivation~♥