1st Night, 12:05 am

MidNightmare

12:05 am

“You have ten minutes to get to know each other. Use your time wisely.” The room became white, it looked lighter. You looked back at the people. Everyone was as shocked as you were. The girl that had been sleeping flipped her head rapidly from person to person.

She spoke in broken Korean. “This is the worst dream ever! What did I eat at my hotel last night?” She looked at the people around her. “Anyway, I’m Haruka. I’m a Japanese that is vacationing in Korea for a week. Since Japan is in a different time zone I have been sleeping early or normal for me but early for Koreans. I must be having a weird Korean dream.”

A girl with light brown hair walked over and punched her in the gut. It was her second hit in the first ten minutes of the dream. “Well you’re speaking perfect to me.” The girl that had kicked her nodded. “I don’t think this is a dream.” Her Korean sounded worse than the Japanese. It made you cringe. You would never have dreamt of such weird accents.

The girl that had been watching everyone spoke up. “Why? I’m Dae by the way.” Her Korean made you relax.

The kicker nonchalantly answered. Even with her accent, you could tell she was a calculating person. “Have you ever had a dream so real? Dreams don’t usually have talking in them either. And, I don’t remember going to sleep. So just accept that this is real. I’m Amara.”

The boy that had fallen nodded in agreement. “Yeah, you’re right. I was about to sit down and watch a movie but here I am. My name is Changmin.” Having actual Koreans near you made you feel better. Everyone seemed the same age, but they were all strangers.

The first girl spoke again. “So off Haruka. Guys, I’m Erika.” She shook her long hair in annoyance. “God, this was the worst time to move in with my father.” She sat down on the cold floor. It wasn’t stone, it wasn’t carpet or wood, it was just very cold.

“Fine, I’ll accept it. It sounds a little fun anyway. I’m Jaejoong.” You looked at him. His blank face from before had lit up. He seemed to enjoy the adventure that was being thrown at him. He seemed bundled up in several layers, like he had been out in the cold weather. He took off a jacket he was wearing and gave it to you. “You might need this.” You tilted your head before blushing. You had been wearing your pajamas, braless. You looked back at Haruka. Some girls did sleep with them on. You took the jacket and zipped it all the way up and crossed your arms over your chest.

“Thanks, I’m --------.” He nodded and took off another layer. He handed his sweater to the topless guy. The man thanked him and tried to put it on, but it was just a little too small. It started to stretch ever so much. Jaejoong smirked.

“Sorry Jaejoong, I’ve been building up my muscle and…” Jaejoong just waved his hand like he didn’t care. “Sorry, I’m Yunho.” He smiled, trying to make it seem better. Dae, dressed in a weird gothic Lolita gab walked toward the boy crouching on the floor. She picked up his hand and held it.

“We are close to dying.” He squeaked. What was his problem? He was wearing basketball shorts and a tank. His house must have been warmed nicely. You didn’t know why he was such a wimp. His body looked nicely toned. Pursing you lips you pulled his arm and helped him stand up. Next to Dae you gave him a scan.

“I wish my Hyung was here!” You smirked. “Guys, I’m Junsu, please treat me well.” You lost interest in him. You turned you attention to the last person. He had dark hair, with bits of paint in it. He had perfect cheeks. Perfect cheeks for poking. He met everyone’s stares. He seemed to have been watching things go on he had forgotten he was there at all.

“Oh, I’m Yoochun.” He had a serious expression on his face. “What do you think will happen to us? The name is scary. I’ve lived in America so I know what it means. NIGHTMARE means dreams of horror. If we are in a nightmare right now anything could happen. Frights that we could never imagine could come and haunt us. How are we going to face this? I don’t want to die.” The situation seemed to sink in. If anything happened, it would affect your real life.

“We are together as a group, so we just need to stay together. Everything will just work out.” Amara bluntly said. But you didn’t agree with her.

“That voice made it seem like other people would be here. If other people are here then our chances of living became smaller. We don’t know what the others will do.” You wanted to wake up just so you didn’t have to think of what was happening.

Changmin put his hand up to silence everyone. “This seems unrealistic. Even if it is real, it is unrealistic. It is almost like a movie. If we can predict what will happen to us, then nothing will go wrong.”

‘But we don’t know what will happen! What are your nightmares about? Do you die? Are people shooting at you, attacking you, trying to make things hell? Are your nightmares like that? Or are they childish things like in movies?” She spit out the word movies like it was acid. “Afraid of bugs or tests? You have no idea what can happen! This isn’t Nightmare on Elm Street. It’s not some movie where all we have to admit that we were wrong and everything will be fine!”

“Guys, just make sure we stay together no matter what happens.” Junsu had sat back down, like standing was tiring him. You looked around; the others were starting to sit also. You felt it too. Your legs were becoming heavy. They locked under, and you sat in a traditional way. “Something weird is starting.”

You started to panic. “Does anyone have a watch?” You looked at the faces, but most were shaking their heads. Jaejoong raised his hand.

“I have a watch, but it isn’t working. I don’t understand. Shouldn’t time run on he same principal here? My watch is stuck on Midnight.” You were worried. How much time left did everyone have for discussing things? You bit your lip.

“, quickly get in a circle and name your best skill. I’m a Tae Kwon Do master. I will be good with things that need physical strength.” Yunho sat next to you. He nodded and dittoed your strength attribute. Erika sat next to him. Her skill was dancing, like that would help. Dae proudly declared that she wasn’t afraid of anything. You half-way believed the Lolita. Junsu shook his head, not sure. Jaejoong was motivated to do it. Yoochun was good at noticing things. Changmin was able to predict things by reading the situation. Haruka was evidently a math wiz. Amara wouldn’t let her emotions get in her way. You weren’t sure how everyone would help each other. It seemed like all anyone had was a useless skill. With your legs like lead, you felt just as useless.

You weren’t ready to let these people protect you. Considering their abilities, you would do most of the protecting anyway. You wished you weren’t wearing pajamas. It hindered you skills. You wondered it there was anyway to know the time. You looked around. There was nothing. Nothing but white. It was like you were in an asylum. You believed that Nightmare would drive you crazy. You started mumbling under your breath. Trying to think like Sherlock Holmes you just started to experiment with words, hoping there was some way the voice would come back before the ten minutes were up. “Clock, time, nightmare, midnight, watch, hourglass, stopwatch, survival, chances of survival.” You heard the siren again. Something was going to happen. You felt a pressure on your arm. You looked down and smiled frantically. There was a strange watch on your left hand.

A message flashed across the screen. ‘If you are reading this you have just entered NIGHTMARE and chances of escaping are currently at 1.02857142857….%. You have until MIDNIGHT to LIVE. Please enjoy your stay. ~♥’ You let out a little gasp. You still didn’t know the time, but the chances of survival went up about .11 percent every minute. You quickly crawled over to Haruka. You showed her the watch and wanted her to calculate the time. She looked at it. What more did she want? Paper, a pencil? You didn’t have any of that, nor did you have the time.

The room changed back to black. Too late, you knew what time it was.

********************

Trust me, those calculations are correct. Junsu will get manly and charismatic! Don't worry!

Comments are motivation~♥