2nd Midnight

MidNightmare

2nd Midnight

Your hand hit the wall while the other flopped beside you. Silence was bursting. You felt the fear bursting. Your hand was bursting. Your heart was bursting.

12:00 am~9:00 pm

“!” Erika stood up cupping her nose and scurried away from the couch. The phone she had been texting on dropped to the floor with blood stains on it. Late night movies were fun to watch, but when cuts spontaneously appeared, things started getting messy. She ran into the bathroom and grabbed a bundle of tissues and held onto her nose tightly. She had to think of a way to explain the cuts on her face. When the flow finally stopped she walked to the front door and put on her shoes. “Appa, I am going out for a moment, tell me what happens when I get back!” She closed the door behind her and hoped she would be able to tell the tale of a rabid dog well enough.

12:00 am~9:00 pm

Yunho hit the button to stop the treadmill. He was in no condition to run. His legs wobbled with no control. His burns were making it difficult to think. He stumbled out of the room and searched for an emergency kit. He was sure there was a treatment for burns in it. He was not going to practice in the morning, no matter what his parents said.

12:00 am~9:00 pm

Dae expected a punch to her face, but she was greeted by the warmth of a heater. She sighed in relief. Another nightmare was over. She felt so lucky to have made it out unharmed. She jumped. What was the knocking noise coming from her window? She turned carefully to sigh in relief again. She frowned. What were her friends doing at her house? She opened the window to see two of her friends inviting her out. What was she going to do? She closed the window again and ignored their pleas. She was never going out at night again.

12:00 am~9:00 pm

He stopped his hand before he smashed the paint brush into the canvas. “Whew, I almost messed up this picture.” He put his paint pallet down and looked at what he had painted so far. The lips were perfect and the eyes shimmered with just enough care. The nose was properly proportioned and the cheeks stood out clearly. But the hair was all wrong. He took the painting and threw it onto the floor. He had been so close to finishing it! He felt a deep resent for Jaejoong. He had ruined his painting. He was going to have to start over. How had you sparked in his eyes that night?

12:00 am~9:00 pm

The mint flavor entered again. She was brushing her teeth again. She spit out the toothpaste. Haruka took a deep breath and continued brushing. She didn’t like that nightmares were so sudden and instantaneous. She was there then back like nothing had happened. What would happen if she was in the middle of school, or with people, or in the middle of traffic? There were so many things that could have gone wrong. Haruka worried about the day that she would be with her friends and family and suddenly acquire broken bones. It would not be easy to explain.

12:00 am~9:00 pm

He was crying. Then he stopped. He realized that Amara wasn’t clinging to him anymore. He cleared his blurred eyes to see his brother looking at him. “Junsu, it’s a comedy, try to stop crying. What is your problem?” Junsu wiped away the last of the tears and sat down properly. He had bruises under his long sleeves. He was still having trouble breathing from Amara squeezing him so tightly. He had a lot of problems he could never tell his Hyung about.

12:00 am~9:00 pm

She was pressing hard onto the pencil and the lead broke. She swayed her head. There was no way she could think of homework. Amara was still scared out of her mind. Things in NIGHTMARE were so dangerous. He rubbed his sore spots and tried to enjoy the stand up. Things didn’t seem funny. He couldn’t see the humor anything the comedian was saying. When he was trying to focus on the stupid jokes, he thought of how awful if would be to go back to NIGHTMARE on a regular basis.

12:00 am~9:00 pm

Jaejoong kept washing the dishes. He knew he was back, that you were back, that everyone was back safe and sound. You weren’t locked in a box alone. You were with Changmin. He scrubbed the pan with all his strength. He laughed. Those Americans must have been freaking out. Wondering where they had gone. Where had you gone? HE scrubbed a spot on the pan that was clearly clean. Why were always the one that NIGHTMARE was unfair against? Weren’t you an interesting character? What was so boring about you that they had to get rid of you? Well, at least they hadn’t killed you.

12:00 am~9:00 pm

What was that stabbing pain? You pulled your hand back and removed the chopsticks from your nose. You were not eating with those. Your hunger wasn’t even as strong as the pain in your arm. You set the cup of noodles in front of Changmin who happily eating the instant food. He looked at you with the question on the tip of his tongue, but he took it without asking. He was hungry, that’s all that mattered. What were a few injuries going to do? As long as he could use chopsticks he was fine. “I think I’ll head home.” He just nodded as you walked away from the park. You wanted to get home and rest.

9:54 pm

You curled up in a ball and held onto your arm. That arm had been shot at, stained with ink, and finally left useless. You were a murderer. You had deprived families of their loved ones. Ripped them from this earth. The tears were starting to form. You didn’t want to cry. It meant that you were human. That you couldn’t handle the pain of hurting others. That your lifelong desire of threatening violence was just a stupid childlike wish. You were a cruel person. The worst. You fell over onto your bed and tried to keep silent. You started to claw at your face as a tear started to roll down from each eye. One fell onto your lips while another went slowly down the middle of your cheek to your chin. You wiped away the forming tears. You would not cry! Your mouth opened wide as you tired to hide your feelings with short gasping breaths. You ran your fingers through your chopped up hair. Did you regret it? That first merciless kill? You made one last choking noise before opening your eyes and looking at your pillow. You counted them, six drops. You had only shed six tears after killing that girl. How cold hearted.

********************************

I remembered Chunnie this time! I made a list! 

Comments are motivation~♥