2nd Night, 9:00 pm

MidNightmare

9:00 pm

Haruka stood up and grinned wickedly. She turned to each of you and motioned for you to remain silent. She crept over the sleeping Amara. She was lying in her chair sleeping soundly. Haruka pulled her leg back, ready to kick her over. She had a bad form. Her leg was pulled back and she was ready for her revenge. “Kick me and you die.” Amara said with her eyes still closed. Haruka stumbled as she held herself back from her kick. You laughed inwardly and looked at the rest of the group. Junsu was sitting on his feet. He had probably been watching TV, or taking a in a traditional toilet. Yunho was sweating. Had he been working out? Dae was wearing something normal, sweats. She looked more normal than you with your white uniform and black jacket on. Erika was pounding the buttons on her cell, trying to get it to work. It was frozen. Yoochun stared at you and smiled. You quickly looked at the next person. Jaejoong met your glance and awkwardly said hello.

You got a torrent of questions. Were you ok? Did your arm still bother you? How were you doing? You were fine. Your arm was fine. Everything was fine. Nothing was happening. No one was attacking you like you thought. The walls weren’t melting and people weren’t trying to eat you. But you knew, someone would come. People would die. People were going to get hurt. You heard a cry and turned to Changmin. Tears were rolling down his face. “It was so good! Why ramen? Why?” He held his hands up questioning the sky.

You frowned at him. He was acting so childish over food. He should have seen the bigger picture. You were back in NIGHTMARE. You pulled the knife out of its place from your leg. You slid it over your fingers, tasting the sharpness. “It was only a cheap instant kind though.” He held his hands to his head in desperation.

“Any food is good!” Jaejoong laughed then turned to you questioningly.

“You were together?” You nodded. It didn’t matter and you weren’t hiding it. Just because he refused to even see you, it didn’t mean you couldn’t meet with any of the others in the group. You flicked your wrist, giving the knife a good warm up. With you hand aching to toss the knife, you addressed the Japanese.

“Haruka, you said that you were sleeping because you weren’t used to the time change between Japan and Korea, but they are in the SAME TIME ZONE!” You cut the air, letting in break and send rushes to everyone’s ears. “What is up with that?”

She blushed deeply and bit her lip. She took a large breath before revealing herself. “Fine, I was sleeping because of the Jet Lag. I get it really easily. It lasts for several days, so even though I had been in Korea for a while, I still felt really sleepy. I was too embarrassed to tell you.” She was still standing in front of Amara. After her attempt to attack her, Amara was waiting for her chance to strike. She flung out her leg smashing it into Haruka’s knee. Haruka yelped and hopped around before flopping onto the ground from lack of balance.

“Like we didn’t know you were lying already. When will this thing start?” She crossed her arms in annoyance. Of course she had confidence; she had escaped without a single scratch. Among the group though, she was probably the weakest though.

“Yah, do you want to die? We have no idea what will happen!” Junsu stood up and shouted across the circle at her.

Yoochun decided to cut in. “Actually, we do have a general plan. On the website it was implied that we would be facing other groups to the death. Well, more like flat out said, but that doesn’t matter.” Junsu pulled his head back. What did he mean?

“What website? Do any of you know of it?” He watched as hands went up. Yoochun, you, Jaejoong, Amara, and even Haruka raised a hand. You pulled your hair down and retied it, making sure your hair was tightly held up. While playing with your hair, you watched as Junsu stammered. He had no clue. He wasn’t alone. The other half of the group all held confused looks. Jaejoong was nice and explained to them.

“We were curious and did a little research. There is a website that was founded by people that had survived NIGHTMARE. They gave out all sorts of hints. People told their own stories and the scatter plot shows that most of them fought with another group.” Dae tired to take in everything. Everything was going in extreme. While everyone tried to understand the situation chills were being sent down your back. What was that feeling? Why hadn’t things started already? There had been too much talking. Set in motion.

You tossed the knife, hitting her dead in the chest. Changmin leapt up, trying to get out of the way. Yunho grabbed Haruka and Dae, trying to keep them away from the commotion. Erika knocked her chair over and pushed Junsu ahead of her. She hid behind his broad shoulders, but they were coming from behind too. Amara started running, not ready to do anything. Yoochun shouted and rammed his chair into a man behind him while Jaejoong shoved his chair toward the center hoping it would block them momentarily. Everyone ran into the white space. There was nowhere to go, but they ran. The chase had begun. You weren’t leaving without your knife.

You kicked a guy in the chin. He grabbed his head and tried to keep standing. You hooked kicked with years of practice. A tooth flew out and hit your cheek. You paused to wipe away the blood that had splattered across. He was bleeding. You giggled aimed for his knees with a strong side kick. This is how you do it Amara! You heard the satisfying crack. As he fell you saw the number on his wrist. II. It was only his third trip to NIGHTMARE. With him down on the ground you kicked him in the head. He out. You turned to the next person. She was kneeling by the girl you had knifed. Her eyes were bleeding tears. You felt sorry for them. They didn’t want to do it as much as you. But you loved violence.

She stood up and shrieked at you. “You ! You ing killed her!” You blinked your eyes. Had you really become a killer? “Sarah! Oh God! You’re going to be with Leah in heaven now.” She took a step towards you. Was she really going to try and fight you? “ing DIE!” Her broken Korean was translating well. You had actually heard her say die in English. She rushed towards you unarmed. You didn’t want to be a killer, you just liked hurting people. When she was close enough she tried to punch, but you grabbed her arm and pulled her aside. You held up your hand and made a sharp knife hand strike to her neck, just below her ear. She crumpled, her nerves frayed. You walked over to the dead body and pulled out the knife. It had been in good and deep. Blood started to trickle out of the wound. There was even blood on the knife. Of course they were watching. You smiled and held the knife over your tongue, the blood off. Sadistic. Horrors, you couldn’t handle. Fighting? Right up your alley. You looked off in the direction that the group had run. You your lips. The game was getting fun.

9:25 pm

How many were following them? Six? Did that mean that four had stayed behind with you? Ah, but you killed one, so there was only three remaining? Wait, he didn’t know how many there had been in the beginning. He had been talking when another group appeared, a few in the center of their circle and a few on the outside. He hadn’t even noticed them until you threw the knife into the white chick’s body. It was a split second everyone’s reaction relied heavily on you. Protect the girls. Even Junsu understood that. He held onto Erika’s hand as they ran. Erika was leaving a trail of swears behind her. Someone had caught up. A girl skipped beside Amara, holding a sharp nail file. That was her weapon? Amara’s eyes widened as she tried to avoid getting hit. She put her hand into the pocket of her hoodie. She was fumbling around with a long shape. She pulled out an uncapped pen and stabbed the hand of the girl trying to attack her. Amara pulled back and ran beside Changmin, whose stomach was growling just as loud as he was shouting. He gave her a look.

“What, I always have these in my pockets so I don’t have to carry them! I didn’t have them last time because I had been indoors and not wearing a jacket!” She continued to run. Escape. The people following weren’t that strong. It wasn’t that bad at all. Everyone could make it! Yunho pulled Dae and Haruka farther ahead, trying to get out of the way of the guy swinging scissors around. One step too many. Color erupted from behind them. Just seconds after they Haruka had taken that one dangerous step and explosion blew up their assailant. Great, more traps.

Jaejoong shielded his eyes as burned flesh and blood rained down. It was like living the first nightmare all over again. He checked to make sure that Dae and Haruka were ok. Haruka’s back was a dark singe, but she was otherwise fine and had continued her run. Yunho was hurt. He had pulled Dae and Haruka farther ahead of him when he felt the explosion. He had ended up pushing himself into after flame of the eruption. He was badly burned and in no condition to fight the last remaining four. Jaejoong wanted to help him, but he couldn’t protect him alone. He stopped and rushed to Yunho, trying his best to help him. Someone needed to deal with the four. One girl. Three Guys. Just Jaejoong. He felt trapped. Laughter. Laughter? The attackers and Jaejoong looked at the strange sound. Laughter in NIGHTMARE? You were running towards the dying flames swinging the knife around like a fairy princess and her magic wand. Violence you could do.

***************************

Jaejoong is the one that is ‘thinking’ that in the first paragraph of 9:25 pm, in case you were wondering.

Comments are motivation~♥