4th Midnight

MidNightmare

12:00 am~ 11:30 pm

“Where the did Shim go?”

“I think you should rewind all their tapes and see their reactions as well. They all seemed to develop a strange behavior at the same time. Several also seem to be in pain. The people we sent already reported that they are in need of medical attention.” The tapes were viewed again, but nobody could believe what they were watching. All nine screens blurred out at the exact same time to reveal a completely different picture from before. Changmin was no longer in his cell. Yoochun was on the floor rolling around with laughter. Dae was grooming herself. Erika was shivering her of and begging for someone to cut off her toes. Haruka was weeping in a ball, when she had been lying on her back sleeping just seconds before. You were writhing in pain as your back was indeed raw from the tree. Yunho had his arms covering his face as he whispered apologies to no one. Jaejoong was panting on all fours. His clothes were in tatters and he was grazed with infinite cuts. Worst of all, Junsu was contorted on his bed. His bones stuck out in odd directions and eyes were closed. He was just clinging onto life.

“Go to them now! We will deal with this after we treat them.” He received nods and heard chairs shuffling as people left to help the prisoners.

11:38 pm

Erika was in the medical room of the department. Her body was wrapped in several layers of blankets and she was on an IV drip. She had gone into a state of shock and was going through hypothermia. None of the doctors or investigators understood how she had become so cold and drenched. She had never left her room for what they saw, but she was in a state that baffled even them. What had happened to these kids?

Down the hall Junsu was receiving a surgery to stop his internal bleeding. His doctors were doing all they could to keep him alive. His lower body was going to be paralyzed, and his arms were going to be broken, but they were going to keep him alive. They weren’t going to lose one of their links. Junsu didn’t want to die either. One could say he was reluctant to die.

Jaejoong was getting his cuts cleaned while your back was being examined. Yoochun was also getting his scratches looked at. The three of you said nothing. None of you wanted to bring up Changmin; it was too much to bear. Neither you, nor Jaejoong commented on the fluff in Yoochun’s hair, just as he didn’t comment on the sap sticking to you and the slices in Jaejoong’s pajamas. The mutual silence was held to honor the wish. The wish to not mention anything until someone made up an excuse.

While Dae took a shower to rid herself of any remaining sand, the only two seemingly healthy members were being interviewed, again. Yunho was pitifully silent as he was being jarred with questions. Haruka, however, did answer when she felt the need to. “Where is Shim Changmin?”

“He is gone?”

“How did he escape? Our security cameras were not able to catch it.”

“He didn’t leave! He is dead! He is just like Amara! He is dead.” Her voice was shaky. She still couldn’t believe the confirmed truth. Changmin was gone.

“How did he die?” She quivered.

“I don’t know.” She let out a small sob before biting her lip and looking at them. “If I can look at midnightmare, I can find out. We weren’t together, so this is the only way I can know.” They shook their heads in confusion.

“We thought that was an online thing. What does MidNightmare have to do with the disappearance of Shim Changmin?” She growled at their ignorance.

“Just get me a damn computer! Stop asking me things that I can’t answer and you wouldn’t understand anyway! What do you want me to say? Yeah, we got called to NIGHTMARE! We played another round. We had another ing round. Look.” She pulled up her sleeve to reveal the number four on her wrist. They stared at the IV.

“That is impossible. There is no way a three can change into a four.” She scoffed.

“There is also no way we are talking. Have you ever heard of a language barrier? I’m saying this again and I don’t want to, get me a computer!” A chair banged onto the table as the person that was sitting in it left to get her requested material. A woman returned shortly after holding a laptop already on and pulled up to the site. Haruka grimaced when she saw the slogan. After she knew for a fact that midnightmare was not run by a player but by that voice, she deeply hated it. ‘If you are reading this you have just entered NIGHTMARE and chances of escaping are currently at 0%. You have until MIDNIGHT to crown me as your DICTATOR or it is GAME OVER. Please enjoy your stay. ~♥’

Haruka immediately went to the player graveyard and clicked on it. The investigators watched over her intently.

  • Changmin- SPOILED
  • South Korean
  • 18 years of age- Male
  • Died by electrocution in knock out round
  • Killed by NIGHTMARE
  • Highest rank- 956
  • Final level- 3

Click to read stories about SPOILED

She didn’t want to know. She didn’t like reading about the nightmares, why would she want to read about Changmin’s? She was already crying from just reading those few lines. “Please. Please, can I just speak with the rest of my group? They need to know. We need each other. Please, can we just all meet together and help heal our pain? Please.” They felt her sorrow and granted the desire. They allowed a midnight sitting.

All their evidence that pointed to you being the cause of Amara’s death and disappearance was gone. They couldn’t prove anything with Changmin the same way. Holding the eight of you was meaningless. They no longer looked at all of you as suspected criminals. They viewed you as young adults that were caught up in something terrible and insane. They were going to help instead of hurt.

************************

He's dead, he's not coming back. Don't ask.

Comments are motivation~♥