10th Day, 12:23 am

MidNightmare

12:23 am

Yoochun, Dae, you, Yunho, Jaejoong, and Haruka were gathered in a central room. Haruka had been promised a private place with no security cameras, but you all knew they were watching. It didn’t stop you from singing like an idiot. All rationality was lost to you. “Oh how these tears burn, more like acid than anything else. Rotting my insides devouring my soul. Lying there playing dead, can’t you tell he is just acting? I know you won’t dare hurt me. More lies about a world that never was and never will be. Saying sorry, you don’t mean it; you cry the acid tears of lies. You’re smiling on the inside. You say –.” Jaejoong placed his hand over your mouth and you willingly silenced.

 Dae had started to cry. Jaejoong removed his hand and straightened out the jumpsuit he was wearing. “This is why I didn’t want to get close.” His voice came out in a soft whisper. His confidence wavered. “There are some of you that I have gotten too close to and I can’t let go. But for the rest, please remember, it hurts. It hurts to be near you, to see you in die, to see you in pain. I don’t want to live knowing… knowing that you’re hurt. We shouldn’t… we shouldn’t keep tabs on each other. It hurts too much. As much as possible, I never want to see you again.” He took a deep breath. “Outside of NIGHTMARE, we are strangers.”

 Haruka brushed the tears off of his cheek as they fell. “Joongie, is it because of Changmin? I learned how he died.” He pushed her away and held his crying face.

 “I don’t want to know Haruka. It hurts too much.” He emphasized every word, as if no one understood the pain he was feeling. Everyone felt the same way though; they had all grown attached to one another in some way. Cutting off ties felt near impossible. “Frankly speaking guys, I only want to know what happens to Yoochun and ------, the rest of you should just leave me alone. Do you want me feel this way?” Nobody answered him.

 The silence was held for some time as everyone reflected on what he had said. He had chosen to abandon the group. He was going to stick with Yoochun and you. Your pride rose when he chose you. Why he had chosen you, you didn’t know. But to feel him beside you made your heart calm down. He lightened the pressure you felt from waiting for midnight. The childish feeling you held, as if your mother was leaving, died when he said he would stay with you. He had to be there with you, he had to.

 12:35 am

 “How do the media get wind of this so quickly? The boy has been gone for an hour. How do they already know?” A director slammed a phone down when she heard news of the latest nuisance. She sighed deeply.

 Her secretary tried to reassure her that it wasn’t as bad as she thought. They knew, but they were holding the story until they got some basic facts. They also wanted their own interviews and an inside look at the story. The fact that nine students had been taken from their homes wasn’t even widely known among the common public. The story of the international disappearance was namely known to government officials. “If we release the kids before the story gets out then we won’t get much scrutiny for this. Nobody knows this like we do, so we can be sure that something will be said to make us look bad. It is better to play the good card instead of the bad one. Get all the information you need out of those kids and get rid of them. It’s the best for us.”

 She sighed again. “It will be another whole week before we can get all we need. These kids aren’t being very cooperative. They don’t understand the situation they are in. They think that they won’t get into any trouble if they keep quiet. They’re looking at us like idiots.” She considered the stare she was getting from her secretary. “Well, maybe now that Changmin has disappeared, or died as they say, they’ll be more willing to work with us. Wait, we are filming them now, right?” She nodded. “Perfect.”

 The director switched the screen on her computer and listened to the conversation intently.

 12:41 am

 “You don’t see anything weird? Nothing?” You shook your head, but in reality, you saw a room leaking sewage. But you knew what Yunho meant. Did any of the other members freak you out? They didn’t. Their faces were normal and didn’t try to eat you. Their voices didn’t change to some rhyme that hinted inappropriate lies. When they were near you, the voices in your head were overpowered by some outside force. You had lost control of so many things. It left you pitiful and weak.

 When you were alone in your cell you kept replaying your earlier interrogation sessions. The fact that you had just snapped and lapsed out meant nothing to you. It felt natural to act without any rationality. Even if the five around you, and most likely Erika and Junsu as well, didn’t blow holes into your head, the world around you did. You had given up long before. No matter how hard you tried to ignore what your mother was shouting at you with her voice of hate, you couldn’t hear what she was actually saying. Your father sounded like he was cursing you out and beating you when he snored. Your house screamed loneliness and suffering, never letting you forget that nightmares were real.

 The door clicked and a woman came in carrying a tray of tea and snacks. She set the tray on the table next to Yoochun and you. When you looked at her you stiffened in. Lies ran through your head and blended with the truth. How many people were talking? No one, but you heard it all. “She isn’t real. That’s not her real face. She isn’t saying anything, she didn’t say that. She won’t hurt you. Stop her before she hurts you! She has a gun. Grab her arm, she plans on killing you. Don’t trust her. Don’t drink that tea, it’s poisoned. She hates you. Look, she pulled it out, get her.”

 Yoochun held you down as you attempted to claw the woman’s throat off. Nobody was in your head; they didn’t understand the way you thought. They couldn’t hear the voices; they didn’t see what you saw. The woman scurried out as a threatening growl escaped your throat. Yoochun pulled your arm so you sat down again. He pet your hair trying to calm you down. But you were too riled up. You were practically hyperventilating with fear and confusion. “Jaejoong ah, can you help me with -----?” It was agonizing trying to calm down again. Jaejoong held your face and stared intently into your eyes; he was locking on and reaching you somehow.

 12:46 am

 The director pointed to you on the screen after your sudden outburst. “Her. I want her to go through a session with a therapist or a psychologist or whoever diagnoses the crazies. Get me someone that will tell me she could have gotten to Amara before she died.” She didn’t know how, but she knew that you killed Amara and she was determined to lock you up.

*******************************

I read this out loud while writing and I was freaking crying, but I think it was my music. If you guys have any questions about MidNightmare please ask and I'll try and answer them . 

comments are motivation~♥