1st Night, 1:06 pm

MidNightmare

1:06 pm

Darkness. It is something that confuses even the bravest. Your balance is jacked up and you feel that you have to hold onto something or else you’ll fall. There are no walls. After being fully submerged the walls disappeared. You move slowly thinking that you will trip on you own feet. Darkness causes your mind to think stupidly. You can’t be confident; there is only doubt in the shadows. There is only you. Darkness, it is something that confuses even the bravest.

You tried to walk through quickly, you didn’t want to be alone for too long. Half the nightmare was already over. You wanted the second half to end before another life ended. You just continued walking with the hope eating at you. You had started mumbling to yourself. You were sure you were losing your sanity. What had you really been doing before you had ended up in NIGHTMARE? You weren’t even sure anymore. Lost in your thought you ran into a rook. A ginormous castle. It was upside down. You weren’t going to question it; if you did you knew what would happen.

You stared at it. How were you supposed to move like that? Pushing? That wouldn’t really work. You were filled up with frustrations. You kicked the chess piece with your anger. The rook budged just an inch. You took a deep breath and went into a flurry of kicking. For not letting you sleep. For putting you into such an emotional state. For killing seven innocent people, that included Erika. For throwing you around like a doll. For drowning you in blood. For attacking you with evil bloody roses. For the blood, the God damn blood. For getting you and Jaejoong lost for so long. For the cuts and the bruises, the broken bones and the loses. For everyone. You kicked the rook until it knocked over and crumbled. Junsu’s body instantly dropped and hit you on the head. You laid there with his cold arm over you. His corpse lying on top of you. You couldn’t take another thing. You fainted from the exhaustion. The emotional, physical, sleepless exhaustion. Just to let you sleep.

1: 47 pm

Amara stayed close to Jaejoong. The flames had been put out by the blood, but everything was still smoky. She didn’t know what would happen. Even in a room where disaster had already stuck, she was sure something would happen. Jaejoong was thinking. He wasn’t thinking of the horror itself, but of the pattern that had been made. “Why weren’t you crushed too? Is it because of the voice that said checkmate? Why didn’t the fire completely destroy this place?” He put his thumb in his mouth, ignoring the taste of iron. “Whose voice did we hear at the beginning of the Nightmare? Someone has to be controlling what is happening here. Why are they letting us live? Why haven’t they killed us all off?” Why were you alive?

Amara stayed seated on the bottom step of the stairs. She didn’t care about any of that. All she wanted was to get out and live. She hoped to never return. “When will ------ return?” She shook her head at herself. “I know the distance is far, but still.” What if you had died? But from what? Amara hadn’t run into anything, what would you meet? What if a new game of chess began or something else? What if the tunnel completely changed and led her to some haunted house. Nightmare was a haunted house.

Jaejoong walked around in circles, bored out of his mind. There wasn’t anything in the room but the tile floor and the stairs. The only door led to the demolished glass room and that room led nowhere. Yunho, Yoochun, and Dae had probably gone directly to this room when 12:15 came. Emptiness. Jaejoong stared around. There must have been something. Whoever had brought you here must have thought the first seven deaths were boring. What were they waiting for?

2:12 pm

You coughed. The hunger in your stomach was starting to become unbearable. You dragged Junsu’s body behind you. You were barefoot and had kicked down the castle. Sore. Everything was sore. His body had crushed you while you slept. So much that you stopped breathing momentarily before waking again. You had a long walk ahead of you. Hours of trudging.

3:51 pm

Jaejoong paced around in circles furiously. Amara bored him and distracting himself in front of her was embarrassing. He had strayed to thoughts. He had been looking forward to the adventure, he thought it would have been fun to face challenges and prevail. He was so wrong. What was happening? He had spent forever in blood surrounded by corpses. He didn’t know if at any moment he would suddenly be into another nightmare or he would remain there for several more hours. He hated the wait. And where were you? “Whoever is controlling this Nightmare, isn’t it boring to watch us like this? Wouldn’t it be more fun to watch all ten of us try and live? Is it fun to watch me sit here like this? Why are you doing this?” He heard the sound of something falling after you grunted. He and Amara shielded their eyes as Junsu splashed down. At the same time a door in the middle of the wall appeared. “Thanks, wonder where that will lead.” As long as he had an adventure he was able to endure the nightmare.

You heard Jaejoong’s voice and started down the stairs taking several at once. Something was going to happen. Was the real nightmare about to begin? You could handle what had happened. Drowning in blood was better than being torn apart or burned alive. You hoped that something would lead out of the dream. Out of the constant panic and tension. Somewhere safe and away from the psychological pressure being thrown at you.

4:57 pm

You leapt the last five steps, eager to rest for a moment. You wondered how long it had taken you. ‘If you are reading this you have just entered NIGHTMARE and chances of escaping are currently at 70.625%. You have until MIDNIGHT to LIVE. Please enjoy your stay. ~♥’ It had taken you nearly 19%of a day, but you didn’t know how long that was. You didn’t want to waste anymore time thinking about it. You looked at Jaejoong and Amara; she was as pale as a ghost. “What’s wrong with you guys?”

Amara stared at you like you were an idiot. “We are in a room with dead bodies and we have no idea what could happen and we’re in a nightmare and I am freaking out about the fact that I don’t have to piss myself. I wonder what’s wrong.” Her sarcasm reminded you of Dae. You looked at her body, leaning on Yoochun’s. You closed your eyes and tried to not let the image burn into your head. You opened them and stared at the door.

“Well, are we going or not?” Moving on felt like the best idea. Just like taking the dead bodies felt right too. You had a feeling, it would be best to take them.

Jaejoong hopped up and down. “How are we supposed to get in through the door? It is about eight feet off the ground!” You continued to gaze at the door, the thought process in your head trying not to betray your feelings of disgust.

“Who is the best jumper?” You could feel their stares on your back. “Right, then move the pile of bodies under the door, right next to the wall.” Jaejoong and Amara tried to move the sheet of glass, but Amara was too weak. You pulled Amara aside and started shoving the glass. She was useless, and you had finally gotten your chance to shine. You climbed onto the bodies, making sure not to slip on the liquids leaking out. Positioning yourself, you took one last glance at the door. You knelt and sprung up. Years of training.

You weren’t going to make it. Your fingers grazed the knob. With quick reflexes, your hand pulled the knob and pushed the door open slightly. As you started your descent you pushed the door open more with your elbow. As your hands reached the bottom of the frame they latched onto the floor of the room. The shock hurt your collarbones and you panted from the pain. It was good pain. You pulled yourself into the room and hit your head on still partly closed door. Tired of floating, tired of climbing, walking, descending, and carrying. Everything in NIGHTMARE tired you out.

You took a deep breath and turned to see the contents of the room. Nothing. The room was a chasm of darkness. After a few meters of ledge there was a break in the room. On the other side of the room was another ledge and a table with a small blue velvet box sitting on it. There was no point in bringing the bodies up, there was nowhere to go. Were you supposed to go down? You swung your head over the bottom of the door. You looked at Amara. “Amara, climb up and jump, I’ll grab you and pull you up.” She looked at you worried. You didn’t care; you weren’t going to be there alone. Jaejoong climbed up with her and helped her jump. She was really a weakling. She jumped and almost didn’t reach your arms; half of your body was hanging down. Jaejoong pushed her feet until she was in your hands. Using all the strength you had, you pulled her up next to you.

You panted again, the exhaustion was killing you. You thought deep breaths. You swallowed the urge to forget Jaejoong and swung your arms down again. Jaejoong leapt up and easily made it to you. You pulled him up to the edge and he climbed through himself. You silently thanked him. They allowed you to take a breather.

5: 36 pm

“So what are we supposed to do here? Jump down? I think we would die.” Amara was stating the obvious again. Of course you would die, that was probably the point of the place. It didn’t want you to live. It was someone’s sick game. Their way of saying they were powerful and they could control our every action. They seemed to agree with you. To assert their power again, they decided to knock everyone out. Your head fell back and you caught sight of a black wisp sinking into the wall.

*****************

I'm really bored with writing about the nightmare, so I wanted to get you out as soon as possible. I think it's time for some zombies to appear. 

Comments are motivation~♥