9th Day, 2:18 pm

MidNightmare

2:18 pm

He kept his face stern, waiting for an answer. They didn’t know what to say. Some things even they didn’t know. They had learned many things over their years as detectives and agents to the government, but they had never been asked some things, and they didn’t know the answer. In one sense, they were even more unknowledgeable than him. He shook his head because he knew they wouldn’t say anything. “I do look gay, don’t I? I’ve heard this so many times before, guys getting their ear pierced in only their right side means they’re gay. And this color, red is so disgusting. It looks good on Jaejoong though, it matches his other earrings. His is black and cool. Ah, I am so jealous.” The interrogators watched the rambling man.

“Er, we don’t really –.”

“Oh, speaking of Jaejoong, I’m up.” One of the interrogators looked at him disgusted. “U-know what I mean right? My rank. Of course you know. That is why the site is in front of me. I topped Jaejoong. I am so glad he is under me. If only I could top --------.” They finally realized he was talking about their ranks, but it still seemed like he was talking… ually. “I think it’s because I did more than him in our last round.” They wanted him to keep talking.

“What did you do differently from Jaejoong? What about -------?”

“Jaejoong didn’t do anything except nurse the others. I at least fought a little. ------- didn’t really do anything else besides kill that Russian and Am –.” He slapped his mouth when he realized what he was about to say. His strategy to avoid giving answers was to say whatever came to his head. Somehow he had started to leak the secrets that he really needed to keep quiet about. “Did you see it?” He scrolled through the level three teams until he got to his. He pointed out his name. Jung Yunho- SHADOW. “I think it’s because I shadow box.”

One of the interrogators looked at the list carefully. “HEARTLESS, SHADOW, INNOCENT, SPOILED, WATCHER, RELUCTANT, IMAGE, FINDER, FAKER, and FAZED. These are your names? Why is ------- called heartless?” Yunho hesitated.

“She’s done a few things.”

“Why was Jaejoong’s rank higher than yours in before?” Yunho smiled.

“He was one of the only three that didn’t die our first time playing the game. He, ------, and Amara. Since I’m alive it is obvious that my rank will rise.” His smile grew until he started to giggle, then chuckle, then his laughter overcame him and he was pounding on the table uncontrollably. “I sound so full of myself. Ah, it is embarrassing to sing praise about my rank. Please don’t think badly of me.” They looked at him with concerned eyes.

“Uh, Yunho, you do understand that you are here because you are suspected of being an accomplice to the death of Shin Amara.” Yunho stopped laughing.

“Why, I didn’t kill her.”

2:26 pm

“I didn’t think you would know the answer. You probably didn’t even notice. You should concern yourselves more with that. Amara is gone and isn’t coming back, but you can at least try to save the rest of us from dying as well. If you don’t help us, we can’t help you.” Jaejoong held his fierce stare. “You want to lock us away from a picture. You might have found a knife with Amara’s blood on it, because I’m sure you have tested it, but you haven’t found Amara. Where is she? Have you found her? Do you know where she was killed? You have nothing that can put us away. Just stop wasting your resources.”

“How do you know that we are investigating a picture? Jaejoong huffed.

“I have seen the paintings in person. I visited Yoochun just last week when he showed them to me. Don’t think I don’t know what has been going on. Your team of idiots has been gathering as much information as you can, but all you can get is some crap about a game. I’m sure none of our answers match up. Not a single one of us would tell you the truth; do you think we are crazy?” An interrogator cleared his throat.

“Jaejoong sshi, earlier you said that ‘most of us aren’t crazy.’ So which one of you is? Please answer the question.” Jaejoong stiffened. He didn’t want to answer. If they were smart they would have already realized you were the crazy one. But they were Pabos so they wouldn’t have. The stress of being watched made him uneasy. He tried to avoid eye contact with them. He needed to think freely.

“She was crazy. That girl, Amara. She was perfectly fine with seeing dead people. She acted like it was nothing. I wanted to learn how to help people like her, so I am getting a degree in medical and mental help. I want to be able to save others that are like her. It’s the least I can do.” One of his interrogators nodded in understanding, but the other kept a grim face.

“Jaejoong, it’s not Amara that was crazy. When you were talking earlier you meant someone that we have here now. One of the people that is still alive. It wasn’t Amara that was crazy, it was Kong ------. It’s Kong isn’t it! Tell me the truth.”

“No!” The man slapped Jaejoong across the face roughly with the back of his hand.

“Stop lying Jaejoong! That girl carried a knife with her! She clearly crazy.” Jaejoong shook his head. He couldn’t let them believe you were crazy. It would end everything he had been building up.

“No, no! She needs that knife for protection. She is our only chance of survival when the game starts. I’m telling you it was Amara and I am sticking to that!” They both knew he was just covering up for you. It was clear that it was you. When they were arresting you, your eyes never opened until you met Jaejoong. You were clearly afraid and guilty for committing your sin. They were going to break you, because they knew that it was you.

“Jaejoong sshi, she stuck a gun in . She is crazy, you know it.”


**********************************************************

Did I trick you into thinking it was about Jaejoong in the beginning? I tried to make Yunho seem weird, all according to plan. If I am contradicting anything I wrote before, whether it be now or later, please tell me, I can't seem to keep things straight. Oh yeah, all the code names are revealed. Order is You, Yunho, Jaejoong, Changmin, Yoochun, Junsu, Erika, Haruka, Dae, Amara.

Comments are motivation~♥