10th Day, 1:12 am

MidNightmare

1:12 am

You were sitting in a chair between Yoochun and Jaejoong sleeping with your head on the table. Dae was sitting opposite you doing the same. Yoochun was drawing everyone’s latest nightmares in a notebook with pens that were provided by someone after you had fallen asleep. Jaejoong, Haruka, and Yunho were retelling their experiences. The people watching were intrigued on how realistic your tall tales sounded. Yunho’s time with clowns drove shivers up many of their spines. Jaejoong’s action packed replay sent them itching to buy the movie. Haruka’s conversation with the voice left them confused. When Yoochun told of his terrible toys they couldn’t contain their laughter.

“These kids have a wild imagination!” The statement earned another chorus of chuckles. One of the watchers kept a grim face.

“Some of the things they are saying seem pretty scary. We wouldn’t be able to understand the suffering they went through if what they are saying is true. I can understand why they wouldn’t answer us honestly, nothing would seem truthful. If I was them I would lie as well.”

“But we don’t even know if they are telling the truth.”

“We can’t be sure they are lying either.” The director ended her call with an exasperated sigh.

“What happened Noona?” She sighed again.

“Something that just made this entire investigation a hundred times more complicated.” They gave her questioning glances. “We just received information about similar cases. Disappearing persons from ages 13-48. There have been a few incidents where groups of people were taken in for questioning but were never found guilty for the missing people because of lack of evidence. The connection is, the Roman numeral on the wrist and the talk about MidNightmare.”

Her secretary placed and envelope on her desk mid-explanation. She read the contents gingerly, and then let out a groan. The secretary enlightened the coworkers of the latest update. “The player graveyard is indeed a graveyard for all the so called players that have died. We matched up all the names with people that have died to their death certificates and to missing people’s lost person’s claim. Even Amara and Changmin are in there. The people come from all around the world and are of all ages. The youngest person being a six year old from Nigeria. The cause for the child’s death was not from this game, it was from environmental issues.”

“Damn it! This case is become cooler and cooler by the minute! Nothing we do will get any of these kids locked up. Just send them home in the morning.”

“Didn’t you want to check out that Kong character?” The director smiled as she thought about you. She wasn’t completely sure that you were what you appeared to be, but she had a gut feeling that she just couldn’t ignore.

“She will come back. If she is lost in the head, she will be back.” She threw the papers at the idling team. “Go! We are already in enough trouble keeping Haruka here. What would anyone think if they heard that Erika was only here with her father on a visa? She isn’t even a citizen either! Tell them they can leave in the morning. Also say that Haruka will be escorted back to Japan. Oh, and Erika can’t stay in South Korea for a month. Legalities and regulation. She has to go to her mother, so arrange that as well. What are you all waiting for, get moving!”

The agents bowed their heads and exited the room. The secretary tried to comfort her boss. “We wouldn’t have been able to convict them anyway. We practically had no evidence against them except the knife. When this was taken to court they would have been found innocent immediately. This is really for the best, but you can still send Kong to a psychologist if you want.” The director shook her head.

“No, that would be a waste. I don’t want to just give her meds and be done with it. I want to put her away for a crime she obviously committed. Aish, if only we could place her and Amara near each other at one time.”

1:49 am

“She is not going to like that.” Haruka understood her own situation. She had been taken from her home in Asakusa and she was going to be returned in time. Erika had been taken from her home in Seoul, and she was not returning to that one. Everyone had learned Erika’s personality and knew she wasn’t going to like being forced back to England. They didn’t know that she wasn’t a citizen, but they accepted it without question. The man that told them of their morning release noted their close ties.

You were sitting in Jaejoong’s lap hiding from the man. Your face was nuzzled into his shoulder and he had his hands over your ears. But you still heard someone telling you to get rid of the intruder. You didn’t let anyone know. Yoochun sat beside Jaejoong, blocking the visual between you and the man. He didn’t seem interested in you anyway.

“She has to go back; her visa doesn’t cover being arrested. I mean…” He didn’t know how to explain customs to the group of young adults. “Once her health is back she will be going. Please don’t concern yourself with her. If what some of you claim is true, she is just a stranger and you shouldn’t be bothered.” The group slowly nodded their heads in a reluctant acceptance. The man left the room to leave you all alone.

Yunho looked at each person that was awake. “So, should we go to our cells to sleep?” Haruka shook her head as she patted the sleeping Dae on the back.

“I think we should stay together for one night. Since we have chosen to stay away from each other from now on, this might be a nice way to end our time together.” Jaejoong turned you around so you could join in the conversation.

“Can we sleep with the lights on?”

Jaejoong poked your cheek. “Sweetie, we don’t even know if they’ll let us stay in this room.” He didn’t want to be there anyway. He didn’t want to be watched. He didn’t want to be with the other members. He wanted to forget all about them. But honestly, how close could people grow from spending the night together? He knew the answer.

Like gum stuck to the bottom of a shoe.

************************

Remember when I said that if you are in a different time zone when the nightmare starts you have until that midnight, not the one that the other members have? I'm hinting that about Erika. Hint Hint. I just realized I killed off the maknaes. Totally unintentional. If I go by that order either Dae or Junsu would go next. I don't know, Junsu is in a critical condition. I don't have to kill them by nightmares... 

comments are motivation~♥