5th Day, 2:04 pm

MidNightmare

2:04 pm

How were you able to understand her? Was it because she was in your group, or was it something else? You looked at Jaejoong. Why had he been thinking like that? It didn’t matter at the moment. Everyone really needed to plan ahead. Changmin spoke between bites. “That was a good idea before. I’ll carry around forks. They would be so handy.” You let him go off into his fantasy. What would the last three bring? Did they only have to bring one thing? You had too much going on in your head. You put your head on your table and sighed deeply. Everything was too confuzeling. Jaejoong was playing with your knife while humming. Was he not taking anything seriously anymore?

You looked at him from the table. What was he thinking? Junsu and Yunho were playing a game together. Dae and Erika were trying to include Haruka in the conversation. Changmin was eating and Yoochun was staring at you. The creeper. They should have been thinking! You let out an exasperated sigh. “Jaejoong, think of something!” You were whining. He smiled and slid your knife back to you. Did he have something in his head? You pouted and wondered why he wasn’t telling.

Haruka let out a cackle. “I’m not sure if you guys will approve, but how about a smoke bomb? Or a flash bomb, or a whole assortment of bombs? I can get away with carrying them around with me. And I have access to them. I think they would be perfect in tight situations.” You mumbled your consent and turned your head over. Whatever they bring would be fine as long as they could use them. “So what about you Erika?” She looked up from the thumb wrestling match she had started with Dae; she was losing.

She opened absentmindedly. “Didn’t I already say? I was going to use my belt. Isn’t that ok?” You nodded and looked at Jaejoong again. What was he going to bring? You didn’t know what he could do, and what he could use. He was really the odd one in the group. You rolled your head to look at him straight. He was still humming to an unknown beat. Were you missing something? Your eyes were starting to furrow in frustration. He noticed and his lips.

“What are you going to bring?” You stressed each word with the importance of the entire day. He smiled at him. If you weren’t super pissed you would have pinched his cheeks lovingly. He was so cute and adorable looking! Aigoo.

“I have something in minds. Trust me, it is brilliant.” You bit your lip, left unconvinced. You decided to trust him. He had saved your life countless times, so why not? You just flipped your head over, but he knew he had gotten your approval. Yoochun finally spoke up again.

“Well, now that we have that out of the way, I want to bring up something else that is important. midnightmare.com. I thought that it was a website run by other people that have been to NIGHTMARE, but now I am not so sure. I was looking over it during the week and I noticed another section of the site. It’s the ranking section. You know how we all have the numbers on our arms?” Everyone nodded and Haruka and Amara said yes. “Well we are given a rank among other people our level and given a code name. I don’t think that anyone other than those Americans knows of us, and they wouldn’t have put us on that sight anyway. It must be run by those NIGHTMARE people, the ones that brought us there.” There was a ranking?

“What exactly do you mean by that? We are being compared to others?” Yunho had no idea what was being thrown out.

Yoochun nodded without energy. Was he disappointed in his rank? “Yeah. There are two types of ranking, individual and group. Both types are done by level and with all the players. If you, Yunho, wanted to find out your rank among other people at your level then you would just look for your individual and level one. If you wanted to see how our entire group was ranked compared to all the others are, you would be able to look for that. There are a lot of specific details in this thing. You can even find your rank among just the people in your group. I thought it was a little rude.” You were very curious to see the ranking list.

“So which group is the highest on the rank? Who has the highest individual rank?” Junsu was just as curious as you.

Yoochun cleared his throat, waiting for Changmin to stop shoving food down. He had ordered seconds. “The highest group is a level DXXVII group that has three people left in it. Those three people are also the top three individuals.” That was interesting. They were still a top group even though they only had three members. “Number one is a guy with the name King. The second is a girl with the name Queen. And the third is to a guy called Jack. Supposedly the codenames change as we go through the ranks. If one of the top three were to fall a rank or die then the new leader would probably take that name. I’m not too sure.” The real question was weighing on your minds.

“What is our rank? Group and individual, all and level?” Yoochun smiled and pulled papers out of his back pocket. He had been waiting for the big reveal after all. He laid the papers on the table. He started to arrange them in a certain order before finally pulling away and letting everyone get a good look at them. Your eyes trailed along the list of names near you. It was the rank of the people in the group. You read it from the bottom up. ‘10. Amara 9. Dae 8. Haruka 7. Erika. 6. Junsu. 5. Yoochun 4. Changmin. 3. Yunho 2. Jaejoong 1.-------.’ A grin moved over your face. At least NIGHTMARE thought of you as a threat. The others weren’t exactly happy on how they were ranked. You read over the lists. The group rank among the other groups in your level was 7, out of 48, so it was fine. The official group rank was 1739, out of 1924 groups. That was a lot of people, but out of the six billion people in the world, it wasn’t really that many people. You scanned through the ranks for the individual levels. 264. Amara 232. Dae 194. Haruka 156. Erika 113. Junsu 98. Yoochun 87. Changmin 52. Yunho 25. Jaejoong 5. ------. Then you started to peek at the list that Jaejoong was holding. The official rank for the individuals. You wondered how you would fare. Jaejoong saw as you leaned over his shoulder and crumpled up the paper.

“I don’t really think you guys need to see this.” He was looking at you with worried eyes. You questioned him. What was wrong with the paper? You would understand having a low rank. The top three were, what was it, level 527? You were only a two. “It had our codenames and I don’t think you want to see yours.” You frowned at him. What did he know about your wants? You grabbed the paper and trailed your finger across looking for your name. You spotted it, rank number 779. It wasn’t that bad. In fact, it was better than good. Out of the 1383 people still alive, that was actually a pretty high rank. Then you saw the nickname- Heartless.

**********************************

I realize this is extremely boring, but when you get back to NIGHTMARE it is going to be so epic.

comments are motivation~♥