3rd Midnight

MidNightmare

Everyone started to gather up their belongings. If they didn’t would they still go back with them, or would they be lost in NIGHTMARE? Nobody wanted to take that chance.

12:00 am~2:16 am

“When people are afraid they scream or tremble. Sometimes they hide or just close their eyes and wish the scary thing was gone. Reactions to fear vary greatly.

“I don’t think many people really know what fear is, and since people are more surprised that afraid, they laugh everything off. It depends on a person’s personality also, if they are a scardy cat, their fear is shown in their actions. People that put on the tough guy act will lie about their fear and do everything to keep it a secret. If people are caring, they will keep it to themselves to not worry others.

“Many things can be done with fear. People could try and retaliate at whatever made them scared. Maybe they get angry or they do everything they can to find he source of their fear and get rid of it.

“Fear causes irrational thinking and clashing between allies. Fear feels like all hope is lost, so you will probably do anything to protect yourself. You’d have to be very caring to think of others in a situation causing fear.”

Dae turned off her radio and put her head on her desk. She knew what fear was, and she didn’t like knowing it.

12:00 am~2:16 am

She climbed out of her bed and threw her purse down. She sat at her desk and turned her laptop on. She needed to do some research. She opened the internet and pulled it to the bookmarked page.

Haruka spun in her chair. Over the past few weeks she had been investigating midnightmare. She was very curious on how the website was running. She checked the site rankings to locate Amara. She scrolled through the entire list, but her name was gone. Haruka rubbed her chin, as if she had a beard. Interesting. She was very curious as to how the site was run, who ran it, and, how did they know all the information about NIGHTMARE. Her suspicions about the NIGHTMARE master creating the website were growing. Midnightmare hadn’t been made by another player; it was made by the sadistic bastard that had pulled them into the game. She was going to find out who that person was.

She was going to hack into the system, which was the only way she could find the website owner. At least, that’s what she thought. She was good with computers, but she didn’t really know how to completely tear through the internet. She had her limits, and hacking was her brick wall. But she did know someone that could help her. Haruka was going to be making some fun calls. In the morning.

12:00 am~2:16 am

Changmin hit the pause button on his final fantasy game. He was in no mood to continue gaming. He was tired. NIGHTMARE was a very tiring game. It was unlike any game he had played before. NIGHTMARE had player vs. player, secret moves, some random npc guy that wouldn’t show his face, weird battlefields, and crazy traps. Amara wasn’t able to make it out. She had reached the GAME OVER. She was screwed, never coming back, had no more lives; she didn’t have one HP left. Amara was gone. Changmin turned of the video game after saving his progress and decided he needed to sleep. It felt like he hadn’t slept in about, forty-two hours. Yup, he had woken at six for school, it was after two, and he had been in NIGHTMARE for nearly twenty-two hours. He really needed to sleep. He knew, his real dreams would never live up to reality. Nothing could be as scary as that never winnable game.

12:00 am~2:16 am

Junho was in his room. He had gotten home shortly after you had left. He didn’t know why his brother was dead drunk, nor did he know why he was lying on the bathroom sink. Junho really needed to go. He was about to bust down the door when Junsu emerged. He seemed completely sober. Junsu bowed at his hyung before carrying his soccer ball into his room. What had Junsu done with a soccer ball in the bathroom? Junho didn’t really want to question his brother and closed the door behind him.

12:00 am~2:16 am

Yunho bolted up and swiftly glanced around his room. It was too dark for him to see. He sighed and laid back down. Was he afraid of going back to sleep? Not entirely, in fact, he was so tired, he fell asleep almost immediately. His experiences in NIGHTMARE weren’t as frightening before. He was sure to be haunted by Amara’s corpse, and your crazed convulsions, but he hadn’t been in any major horror. Before he drifted off completely, he pulled his shirt down; he was getting cold.

12:00 am~2:16 am

The crowd gazed at her with wonder. She had stopped dancing for about five seconds lost in a daze. It was as if her mind was lost. Then she blinked back and found the tempo again, she was a genius. Her dancing matched perfectly and even outshone her partners, though they didn’t seem to like her spacing out like she had. Erika seemed to be a little less than good for their standards. They had finally gotten her to dance again, but she seemed to always be distracted. She seemed to always be looking out for the unexpected. Perhaps the unexpected had found her.

Erika finished her dance and hopped of the stage with the other three girls. They started their rant about her carelessness as soon as they were out of earshot to the rest of the club. She was beginning to lose their respect. Even if she was the best, they were prepared to kick her out of the group if she failed to reach the bar. She had given them too many disappointing moments. On the stage, she had blown it, even if the audience had liked them. For the sake of their dancing careers, they were prepared to give her an intervention from whatever was distracting her.

12:00 am~2:16 am

Yoochun’s stare out the window ended as he blinked again. Was he becoming accustomed to the trips to and from NIGHTMARE? He shuddered at the thought. It seemed wrong to be like that. It felt cold and partially apathetic. He took Amara’s death with ease, your craziness with ease, the Russians with ease. Things were becoming to clear and boring for him. He turned around and examined his paintings. Mass numbers of steps on a grand staircase. A shattered room. A waterfall of blood. A lone girl trapped in a closed box. Bodies stacked on each other. Ten chairs set in a circle. Yoochun pulled out a paint set. One for destroying lives, one for creating art.

He was going to get right to work on his next paintings. Amara’s dead Body. Changmin crying over his fork, he seriously should have brought chopsticks. Yunho’s strong movements. Junsu kicking his soccer ball while still being drunk. You spazzing. His favorite, Jaejoong as a rabbit. He was going to paint until his hands fell off.

12:00 am~2:16 am

Jaejoong made a quick dash behind a building to change out of his bunny costume. You sat on the ground taking in your surroundings, unaware that Jaejoong had left you. The feeling was familiar. You were alone. “Jaejoong ah!” Your cry was desperate. You felt that things were going to repeat. You grabbed his bag and searched through it, but that demonic object wasn’t there. Jaejoong was doing it again. He poked his head out from behind a wall, shirtless. It was all déjà vu.

“What is it --------? Are you okay? Is your arm hurting you?” You weren’t staring at his muscles this time; your expression was completely blank. The fear that he would suddenly take the chance to kill you was growing. “-------?” Why did he have to say the exact same things as your dream? You shook your head, not letting the insanity take over you. He sighed and placed a hand on your shoulder. You flinched, waiting for him to slap you like the dream. “-------, I’ll take you to that specialist this weekend, okay? I’ll come by in the morning, so be ready.” He slipped his shirt on and grabbed his bag, stuffing the costume inside. He held his hand out for you to take. “Let’s go home.”

************************************

 The radio thing that Dae had heard was actually something I had to write as a little daily writing assignment in school. I was only twelve when I wrote it so it sounds pretty much all over the place, just like this fic. The topic was how people react to fear or something, I never put titles on my papers. I guess fear was a big issue in this chapter, like it should always be. Amara, dead, never coming back, doesn't get a character story. Ha. So I said that the would be going to the specialist, but then I remebered I still had to write about their Midnights.


Comments are motivation~♥