8th Day, 10:42 pm

MidNightmare

10:42 pm

Jaejoong held your hand as you finally reached the front door. Traveling through the city had been extremely tough for you to do. Everywhere you turned there was a person that was dancing like a puppet or littering masks. The breeze felt like gun whistles and water was always scarlet. Jaejoong kept you close and out of harm. You didn’t want him to leave you. “Jaejoongie, what do we do from here?” He strung his fingers through your freshly cut hair. Did he regret destroying your hair? He had better have.

“We grow up and move on. I am starting college when the next semester begins. I want to be able to handle anything that NIGHTMARE throws at me. I think you should talk to a therapist about your arm, but don’t tell them about NIGHTMARE or they will think you are crazy.” You were starting to think you were crazy. The things you saw were obviously not real, but you still saw them and they scared you. You were so frightened; the possibility of you never leaving your house again was high.

“That’s mean oppa!” Jaejoong laughed and intertwined his fingers with yours again. He looked at you directly in the eyes. He didn’t melt or explode. Nothing unusual happened around him.

“I’m sorry. Now get inside. It’s late and I don’t want your dad to hit me with a bat again.” You chuckled, but stopped when you felt his lips on your forehead. He had gently kissed you. How did he want you to take that? The blood rose in your cheeks as you pulled away and opened the door embarrassed.

“Thank you for today.” You bowed and slammed the door closed with haste. You were so flustered.

7:24 am

He was so dead. How could he be late again? He was sure he had the highest record for tardies in the school. The school year was almost over and he still hadn’t learned how to get to class on time. He dashed down the hallway. It was oddly quiet. The normal bundle of girls that gossiped well past the bell was nowhere in sight. A gloom hung in the air. With the year so close to ending, people should have been in high spirits. The melancholy atmosphere was suffocating. The bell chimed and he sprinted down the hall, not caring if he was told to stop running. He entered the classroom without grace and smiled. He was late and he didn’t want to feel awkward because of it. “Aw man, late again! I thought I could have made it.” He stopped talking. The air inside the class was even worse than it was outside. Nobody was speaking. “What’s wrong with everyone?”

If the teacher had been in the room he would have gotten his answer with an explanation. Sadly, his reply came from the wafting scent coming from flowers set up on a desk. Amara’s desk. She had been missing for a few weeks. People had speculations that she was sick or on early vacation. A few people thought she ran away. Nobody had thought she had died. He took his seat and didn’t say anything else.

The teacher finally walked in when the class was almost half over. He walked to the front and stood in front of his desk before addressing the class. “I am sad to tell you that Amara will no longer be joining us in class.” The heavy silence brought the questions to the front without anyone voicing their questions. What happened to her?

“Amara’s family reported her missing four weeks ago. There was no way to find her. With one witness account it became apparent that she was no longer living. She has been pronounced as deceased. I would like to take this time for everyone to bless her next life.” Amara, what happened?

12:16 pm

“I can’t explain it!” Yoochun was hit on the face again. How did they expect him to relay Amara’s death? It would get you in trouble, it would get him in trouble, and they would think he was insane. He couldn’t say that they weren’t really in Korea when she died. He didn’t know where they were. What happened to her body? He had no idea. When did it happen? He had no sense of time. How was he supposed to tell them that he knew a North Korean even though neither had left their respective countries a single time? All he could do was tell them that she was without a doubt dead, that they should stop looking for her.

“Why was one of your newest paintings a picture of a girl that had been missing for weeks? When did you get the chance to get all her details? Why is she stabbed in your picture? Did you kill this girl?” He shook his head violently. He wasn’t a killer, but he would never betray you. He kept his answers to himself. His interrogators knew they wouldn’t get anything out of him. They pounded on the table with frustration. “We will find out what happened. We will round up all the people that you have painted and we get the answers we want, even if you aren’t the one telling us.” With a nod from him, guards grabbed Yoochun’s arms and dragged him back to a holding cell. He wasn’t in jail, he was just being held for questioning. They thought he had killed Amara. They weren’t that far off.

12:33 pm

“Are we ever going to get him to talk?” One of the interrogators asked. If they didn’t get anything from him they were finished. He was their only link to the disappearance of Amara. With their random investigating they came across his gallery. It was lucky indeed. How had the North Koreans found out about the little student show? Something led them to it.

His partner shook his head. “If he doesn’t the other people will.” He sighed. Things were getting out of hand. It was already an international case, but did they really have to add Japan into the case as well? Some of the people weren’t even of legal age. He took a glance at the confiscated paintings and read a list on their stats.

At a picture of a young man with burn marks – Jung Yunho, 19, male. Resides in Gwangju, South Korea.

He examined a picture of a girl in a detailed black dress running up infinite steps. Choi Dae, 18, female. Resides in…

He laughed at the boy running with a soccer ball. Kim Junsu, 18, male. Resides in Seoul South Korea.

He looked at the girl smashing mirrors as if it was his hobby. Johnson Erika, 20, female. Resides in Seoul, South Korea.

Did he want to know why someone was crying over a fork? Shim Changmin, 18, male. Resides in Seoul, South Korea.

Was he supposed to contact the ICPU? Tawako Haruka, 21, female. Resides in Asakusa, Japan.

He couldn’t control himself when he saw the rabbit. Kim Jaejoong, 19, male. Resides in Seoul, South Korea.

His eyes finally fell upon your cluster of paintings. There were plenty of you. You changed throughout them and greatly gave an impression of someone insane. He was very curious about the picture of you holding a knife to someone’s throat. It was the same one implanted in Amara’s body in the incriminating painting. Kong ------, 19, female. Resides in Seoul, South Korea.

********************

Comments are motivation~♥