5th Night, 10:51 pm

MidNightmare

10:51 pm

“Damn it! This is a new textbook!” Jaejoong watched his book slowly sink into the pool of water surrounding him. He was trying to be prepared for the flashes of nightmare that occurred whenever they felt like, but he wasn’t ready for every one. Just as he wasn’t ready for another nightmare, he wasn’t ready to face the two in front of him. “Hello your highnesses, I guess?” They were the masters of the game. The queen that ruled over everyone. But they would never be the winners.

“INNOCENT, we get to kill you this time. It hurts to kill the older players. Why else do you think that there is no one between MANIA and me?” QUEEN stood on the water, never falling into the liquid. MASTER stood beside her with equal grace and remorse. They would kill him because they needed to. The person calling the shots wouldn’t let anyone live.

“Jaejoongie?” He turned to the source and tried not to make the situation seem hopeless.

“-----, Haruka, Dae. Where were you guys two minutes ago? I thought I was going to be alone this time. I’m not sure that I’m glad you’re here though. You do realize this is the end right?” All the better. If they killed you it wasn’t giving up, it was just losing. You would easily let them end your life there without any regret. You waited for it eagerly. How would the two leaders in the game choose to destroy you? The tingling made its way up your back as you thought of violence again.

“As long as they take me first I am fine.” Dying was romantically perfect for you, but you couldn’t see Jaejoong die. It was one thing you couldn’t take. He was your support and structure. As long as he was there you could bear one more second. The moment he was gone you would completely go berserk. So why did they choose to kill him first?

QUEEN flung a whip out and choked Jaejoong tightly. You would have done anything to keep him breathing, but nothing could be done. Your arms pulled on the whip but only choked him tighter. Somehow at the same time Jaejoong was suffocating more and more. As the last of his oxygen left, he crumpled into a mass of dead and sank down. Dead, he was dead. Dead. Dead. Dead. DEAD.

Your laughter resonated around the pool. “------ are you alright?” You turned to Haruka with sorrow washing over you. Before the tears even left your eyes they were stinging. The other two girls stepped back in case your fury unleashed. He was gone. After almost one hundred nightmares INNOCENT people were lost. You covered your mouth to hide the choking sounds escaping your throat. Your face was stained with the droplets. He was gone.

The sobs you echoed made Haruka and Dae lose train of thought. Every time someone died a little part of them left as well and they couldn’t tolerate the constant loss. His delicious laughter and his childish actions. The adorable way he didn’t try too hard but he was willing for everything to change. His determination for his goals to be completed. The loving way he cared for each of the remaining members. All his life vanished when his drowned body resurfaced.

“Why Jaejoong? How did you just die like that? How could you leave me? I thought I was important! Jaejoong! Jaejoong please...” It wasn’t fair! Nothing in NIGHTMARE was ever fair!

You suddenly felt like you were unleashed and the restraints holding you back were unlocked. The weakness that had been holding onto left and you became the same strong person as before. The power filled you and your rage was just as well-built. Revenge crossed your mind, but your thoughts were on a one track path. Violence was the only thing that made sense anymore. You wanted so badly to kick her in the face right there. The ing that had killed your Joongie, she was going to pay.

She lurched back as you lunged into her figure. Your arms strangled her neck as your legs held her in a tight grip. She was not escaping. You had long since been weaponless, but the damage you could make had grown. Guilt didn’t come to you. It was no longer taboo to do anything hurtful. Just the little happening of Jaejoong dying made you so different. Were you even crazy anymore? With MASTER smacking your head trying to get you off of QUEEN and you not flinching, clearly you were still a little haywire in the head. But she was not turning blue like Jaejoong was. She was still living.

With her hundreds of trips to NIGHTMARE, she was going down too easily. Had she given up just like you had? More laughter came out and you tightened your grip. She lost her life force as well, just like Jae. Her punishment. Was it to finally leave NIGHTMARE? No, her dead body would always be there. They always stayed and got eaten. She would face that fate, just like Jaejoong. MASTER hauled you off of her corpse and threw you into the water. You giggled as your mind wandered. Why weren’t you sinking as well?

MASTER was trying to save the body before it sank but it was too far deep. “QUEEN has been eliminated.” But she was a champion… MASTER was throwing punches at you but it made no difference to you. If he wasn’t careful you would kill him to. You would kill every last person you saw. They would pay for making you like this. Alone, powerful, and stuck in an insanity. There was too much and you were going to get rid of the extras.

You hollered and started evading the attacks on you with skills that had been dormant for several months. It felt so real to be moving with the swiftness you had believed to rust. Kicking, blocking, punching; the things your muscles never forgot. MASTER really had no chance. He had six times the experience of you, but he was a man going through a midlife crisis everyday.

He really did have reason to believe that he was going to die any moment. His life was half over the moment he started his trips into NIGHTMARE. That man had been stressing over his positive death for so long, his hair had turned gray and thinned. That poor man was putting up an opposition to you. That was not going to happen. He had been there as Jaejoong was killed, so he had to die as well. Stupid head was on that woman’s team. He was just as guilty in a crimeless game. Punishment was going to be served to him.

The mania was taking over you, but the control just heightened your senses. Without the feeling that Jaejoong would be disappointed in you if you became out of control you relished the power you had. Nobody had any say in what you did. They were your decisions, your ambitions, your command.

“MASTER has been eliminated.” It was a surprise to you. When had he died? You were so lost in your own thoughts of anger and destruction that the dead body you were pounding onto was there. Did that mean you were finally the number one player in NIGHTMARE? You were so curious on what your profile would read. MANIA, the player that killed so many… Just what you wanted. It was your ing game now; nobody could stop you from playing the way you wanted. Were you interesting enough for the that made the pastime?

****************************

I killed Jaejoong off, but don't fret, you will like how this goes. Don't stop here. I swear, DON'T! You will regret never knowing what happens if you stop! I really like what I am writing now because I am finally sure of how this is going to end. Don't worry, all my dead characters, they will make Kong's last living days so miserable you will love it. This isn't going to end with a happy ending, but you will be satisfied with it. Just wait for like two or three more chapters before you get it. What I am writing will throw this story in a whole new direction, making you go WTF just happened? It is going to be so amazing I don't even mind praising myself. It will be. So DON'T STOP!

Comments are motivation~♥