It should be me...

My light when everything seems so dark

The girls were back in japan for the last concert of their japan tour; they were having their dance practice when one of the girls’ stopped in the middle of the dance and winced in pain. She made a wrong turn, making her outbalance and giving her a sprain. The girls halted from their steps and came rushing toward her who’s on the floor now holding her injured ankle. Jessica rushed to her before anybody else.

 

Sunny’s POv

 

I hurt my ankle, I think I sprain it. Geez! I got sprain! Help! Help me! Ehem… I was just over reacting here. But it really hurts. I was already sitting on the floor holding my injured ankle when jessica rushed to be followed by the rest of the girls and staffs.

 

They were crowding over me and mumbling words of concerns which I couldn’t understand. They were talking all at once. I tried to shush them, but they didn’t listen. I ducked down, leaning to my knee and closed my eyes.  I felt someone caresses my back. I looked and saw two orbs emitting concern.

 

“It’s suffocating…” I mumbled weakly and she nodded.

 

She turned, cleared loudly and said, “Okay… moved out… she’s hurt and you guys are not helping… you keep on blubbering and crowding over her, it’s already suffocating people… so please moved out.”

 

Okay that was scary. Just like in cartoons where the characters face were stoned when they were shocked or scared? Then, they hurriedly inched backwards at the same time. That’s exactly what happened. I looked around and saw hyoyeon fiddles her fingers, she hesitantly asked.

“Is this better now?”

 

She’s referring to the space provided by them. It’s like a meter away from me. She didn’t even stutter; brave girl… hehehe… I saw her swallowed a big lump as jessica nodded in agreement. Then her eyes meet me. I gave her a weak smile.

“Are you okay?” hyoyeon asked

“Out of all the questions, Why that? Do I look okay?” I retorted

Her face went blank there, okay… she’s comprehending…

Then suddenly yoona chirped scolding hyoyeon

“Obviously sunny unnie is not okay… aigoo…”

She looked at me and said… “Unnie… does it really hurt?”

 

Huh?! Did she really ask that? Before I could answer yoona, a ball slipped from the staff’s hands and hits my ankle which made me flinch and cursed under my breath. I bent down and hold my ankle tightly. It freaking hurts. I heard the staff continuously asking for forgiveness that I couldn’t respond at all. It’s really painful now. The door clicked open, and it revealed my private doctor whom everybody knew as one of the medic of the team. As soon as she saw me, she dashed to me and checked my ankle.

“What happened?” she asked

“Made a wrong turn and tada! Sprained ankle… hehehe” I said playfully even when I’m in pain.

“Okay… moved your hands…” she commanded

 

I moved my hands away from my ankle and let her checked on it. However, I quickly grabbed her hand as pain run through me the moment she moved it.

“Wait…”

“I’ll just massage it a bit…”

“It hurts…”

“It will, for just a while…”

“But…”

“Trust me…”

 

She straightens my leg and slowly massaging the ankle. I bit my lower lip and grip on jessica’s hand. I wanted to scream loud but it will only aggravate the anxiety of the girls. Thus, I tried my very best to shut my mouth up.

.

.

.

.

I was assisted by my private doctor together with manager unnie to the nearby hospital. She told me I need to have an x-ray for my ankle just to make sure it’s only a minor injury. I left the girls without saying anything. I was totally in pain to think about saying goodbye, though in my peripheral vision caught taeyeon frozen in her spot.

.

.

.

The x-ray was done, and now my ankle was already wrapped in a bandage where I could still walk limping. It was only a minor injury, thank goodness. I was sitting in the waiting room together with manager unnie. I know with this injury, they won’t allow me to perform with the girls, but this is going to the last part of the concert and I don’t want to miss it.

 

I gave out a deep sigh and cleared my throat. Manager unnie turned to me and I smiled at her.

 

“What time will be the call time for the concert?” I asked

“What?”

“The call time for the concert unnie…”

“You know that you’re injured right?”

“Obviously…” I said shrugging as I lift my injured foot.

“And obviously you couldn’t be with the girls tonight, you can watch them performing at the stage.”

“No…” I said firmly, smiling at the shocked face from manager unnie

“You are injured...”

“I know, but this is manageable… hehehe”

“Sunny…”

“Unnie… trust me… I’m going to be fine… ahm… I’ll just ask for some pain relievers… don’t worry too much…”

.

.

.

Manager unnie kept on insisting to me her point of not letting me perform. However, I stand firm in my position; I want to be with the girls for the last shot of our japan concert tour. And you know the reason right? Of course! You’ve been reading this, you should know already….  Okay, back to the story; Manager unnie and I kept on talking that we didn’t notice dr. kate to be already standing beside me.

 

“Manager Unnie, I’m going to be fine… I can manage it…” I said before I heard clearing of the throat

Both of us looked up and saw dr. kate. I smiled as I saw her; she was holding an envelope that I assumed that’s the x-ray result.

“Got your result Ms. Lee, nothing major, you only had a minor sprain. My advice, take a rest and it will be okay in no time.” she said smiling at me.

 

I was about to say something but manager unnie beat me to that.

“Take a rest right doc? That’s the best thing she should do… right doc?”

“Yes… that’s she should do at the moment, I will give her some pain relievers too…”

“She couldn’t do strenuous activities right?”

Dr. Kate nodded and said, “Doing such will just add up to the injury.”

Manager unnie turned to me… “Did you hear what Dr. Kate said?”

 

I frowned…

 

“You did? You did? If you didn’t… let me say it to you again, she said that you need to rest and doing strenuous activities will just add up to the injury. Get it?”

I turned to Dr. Kate, “I’ll have pain relievers, and you will give me right? right? right? You know how much I need to be with them…”

 

“Sunny… don’t push yourself… you still could perform with them on your various concerts line up…” manager unnie said but I didn’t mind her instead I stared at Dr. Kate with pleading eyes.

“Kate unnie… I need to be with them…”

.

.

.

.

.

---

Taeyeon’s POv

 

I was at the waiting room, I could already hear the screams and chants from the stadium. 45 minutes before the concert proper starts, everybody was all ready to make the fans roared in excitement. The girls were on the couch playing with their phone, while the others were taking a little nap, and me thinking deeply of a person we all were missing. How is she? I know that she’s away from any serious harm; it was only a minor injury, thank God. Nevertheless, I am still worried of her. I stood frozen on my spot when I saw her in pain. When I went back to my senses, she was already with someone else. There goes sica, beside my soonkyu, being the tough tower for my bunny. What a useless me! It should be me! It should be me who was with her! It should be me who was supporting! It should be me… It should be me holding her hand… It should be me! It should be me….

 

Arrrrgggggh! I was so disappointed of myself that I absentmindedly slam the table. Ooopz! Did I just slam it hard? Geez! I could feel the stares; they might be thinking I’ve gone crazy. I looked at them and said “Sorry… hehehe… mosquito… you know… I killed…” then turned around. I took the tissue and acted as if I wipe the mosquito, then put some alcohol unto my hands. I know they were still staring at me but I shrugged it off. Why did I just do that? *sigh* I must have gone crazy? Ei? Me? Kim Taeyeon? Gone crazy? nah… I’m still sane… I’m too young to get insane.

.

.

.

I was mentally talking to myself when I could hear the door clicked, and then the girls’ voices were too loud. Before I could figure out who entered the room, sooyoung shouted the person’s name.

 

“Sunny-aaaaah!!!!!” sooyoung screamed

 

Aigoo! She’s way too loud! I stood up and spun to see, who else, my beloved soonkyu! I frowned when someone blocked my view.

“Are you fine now?” I heard the person asked

“How’s your ankle?”

“It isn’t that bad right?”

“For how many weeks do you need to rest?”

“Hey… hey… one question at a time… sunny couldn’t answer if you guys keep on asking… relax…” jessica butted in and faced soonkyu. She caressed soonkyu’s cheeks. “How are you? Where are you going to watch us? From the backstage?” she bombarded soonkyu questions too…

“Yah! you even throw question by question to sunny… one question at a time please.. relax…” hyoyeon mimicked

 

Jessica glared at her and they all laughed, I walked to them and settled myself at the little space between tiffany and jessica, that’s when soonkyu said that she’s going to perform with us… she’s going to be with us on the stage? Is she crazy? Look at her ankle it’s not in the condition to dance.

 

“What? You’re going to perform? Look at that… you’re injured…” I splatter outloud

 

Soonkyu and I made an eye-contact; then she retorted “Yes! I will perform… this injury? Is nothing…” she said with sternness.

 

I smirked and her, “Have you gone crazy Ms. Lee?”

“Almost getting there if I couldn’t perform with you girls…”

 

Seohyun voiced out her concerns too.

 

“Unnie, don’t you think it is better for you to rest rather than be on stage and moving a lot? It will just worsen the injury.”

“Maknae has a point sunny, you should take a rest, watch us perform.” Added yuri

“We’re still having lots of concerts after this one, so don’t worry if you couldn’t be with us in this one.” Reasoned tiffany

 

Before others could say their own opinions, Soonkyu said something that caught us all thinking and agreed to let her perform.

 

“……………. Life is too short… Who knows what might happen tomorrow… I don’t want to regret a thing. So please… let me… let me be with you guys for the last time.”

 

For the last time? What does she mean by that? And like the usual someone beat me to say something.

 

“What are you talking about huh? This silly bunny… this won’t be the last okay…” jessica said

“Did the doctor give you clearance to perfom?” yoona suddenly asked

Soonkyu nodded… “Yup! She also gave me pain relievers… and she will be on standby, she told me she will drag me out of the stage if she saw some signs that I couldn’t handle it anymore. hehehe”

“Don’t make me worry too much my bunny…” I heard jessica uttered before she pulled soonkyu for a hug whom soonkyu returned and mumbled “I’m sorry…”

 

I shifted my gaze; don’t want to see these kind of scene… it should be me right? right? right? While I was in my thoughts hyoyeon screamed “Group Hug!!!!”

 

Everyone followed and hugged soonkyu, of course, I am too… didn’t expect that I my face will be so close to soonkyu… I was staring at her when she opened her eyes and met mine…

There’s something amidst those two brown orbs….

.

.

.

.

.

.

---

The concert ended without any major glitch, except for sunny’s doctor who checks on her every now and then. Sunny’s been limping while dancing, she asked the doctor to wrap the bandage on her injured ankle tightly, she also asked to give her extra dosage of pain relievers.

 

“Ms. Lee… can you still handle it?” Dr. Kate asked in between breaks

“Yeah! of course! I already took pain relievers…”

“After tonight’s performance, the pain will surely hit you even with some pain killers. These things will boomerang to you…”

“After tonight I’ve got all the time to take a rest and heal myself…”

“Sunny-ah…”

“Unnie… my birthday’s coming… let this serve as your birthday gift to me please…”

Dr. Kate took a deep sigh… “Okay… what else can I do? Let me tighten your bandage again…”

“Thanks Unnie…”

.

.

.

.

.

----

The girls gathered at maknae and hyoyeon’s room to celebrate the success of their japan concert tour.

 

“Cheeers!!!!!!!!!!!” echoed everyone as they shared wine.

 

The girls already finished couple of wines already and others started to feel a little dizzy. Seohyun, as usual didn’t drink that much, she’s watching over her unnies. Taeyeon who couldn’t last long with too much liquor in her body also didn’t drink much. However, Sunny, who loves wines didn’t drink that much too. She was on the other side of the bed with jessica hugging her who passed out. She was talking to Dr. Kate who joined them.

 

Everybody passed out except for the four girls who were currently settling drunken girls comfortably under covers. Hyoyeon, jessica, and tiffany were on bed, while the sooyoung, yoona, and yuri were on the floor sleeping. Seohyun, Taeyeon, and Dr. Kate, clean the mess from their little celebration. While sunny was taking care of the kids who were already asleep.

 

“Sunny unnie, we will handle the rest, you can go to your room now and take a rest…” seohyun said

“Seohyun’s right soonkyu… you should take a rest now… you needed that… you look sick!” augmented taeyeon

Sunny was about to say something but taeyeon cut her off…

“Dr. Kate, we will finish this one… kindly send soonkyu to her room… please…”

“Okay… I’ll be back when…”

“Its fine Dr. Kate… we can manage… you need to rest too… you did a lot today… taking care of that bunny… thank you…”

“It’s my duty to take care of your bunny…” Dr. Kate replied with a smile

“Hey! Why don’t have a voice in here? You just talked by yourselves… hmmp!” a pouting sunny complained

The room was filled with giggles from the girls….

.

.

.

.

---

“Okay we’re done! At last!” taeyeon chirped as she sat down the sofa after cleaning the mess

“Yes unnie… you can take a rest now in your room unnie…” seohyun said as she, herself sat down beside taeyeon

“How about you? You can sleep in our room seo…”

“Who will look over the unnies?”

“They can take care of themselves…”

“It’s fine unnie… I’ll look over them… you can go and sleep in your room…”

“You?”

“I’ll sleep here… on the couch…”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes unnie… I’m fine here…”

“Sure?”

“Unnie… I’m 100% sure… now go and take a rest…”

“Why do I feel like I’m a little kid being shooed by my umma to sleep?”

“Hehehe… unnie….”

“Okay… I’m going now… if anything happens with the kids just give me a ring…”

“Yes… unnie…”

“Nytie seo…”

“Good night…”

.

.

.

.

Taeyeon stepped out of the room and closed the door making sure it’s locked.

.

.

.

.

.

Sunny’s POV

 

 What a day for me… I was now on bed, comfortably under covers hugging my soft pillow. I made it… I made to perform with the girls for the last time before I am out for a long holidays. Dr. Kate so understanding to me… I need to treat her out one day. I’ve been dancing while limping but the girls’ been supportive. They are really the best. I will miss them for sure; I will miss the sleepless nights of practice… the pigging out night whenever we feel so. The laughter, the chats, the bickering… I will them all. *Sigh* how will I say bid my goodbyes? I don’t feel like crying in front of them and I don’t want to see their sad faces. Haiz… don’t want to think about that tonight… I need to sleep first… think about it tomorrow.

 

I shifted my position to the right and I winced in pain as I moved my injured ankle. This is what you call karma… I’m reaping the fruits of my stubbornness now. Though, I already took pain killers, I could still feel a little pang of pain whenever I moved. If you looked at my ankle now, it was totally swollen. When kate unnie took the bandage I was hugging my pillow so tight and biting my lips. It was so ugggh! Painful! She looked at me and asked… “Does it hurt?”

 

You know what I replied? You know? I retorted… “Manageable…” but my face contorted the moment she holds my very swollen ankle and checked it.

 

“This sure needs a lot of rest… I’ll give you pain killers again but in a little dosage… it’s not good anymore for you if you have a lot. Are you sure you can handle this one?”

“Pretty sure of myself…” I answered loud enough for her to hear

“Okay then… take a rest now… I’ll be back tomorrow morning…”

“Thanks unnie…”

“Welcome…”

 

With that our conversation ended… and I’m here, about to sleep but I heard some soft knocks. Who could it be? At this late at night? I don’t want to move… okay if I won’t respond, whoever that person be might assumed that I already fall asleep. Right! So I’ll just leave it like that…

 

It was supposed to be like that right? However, it’s the other way around. The soft knocks turned into loud knocks. I covered my head with a pillow so that I couldn’t hear the knocks but it became banging! Aaargggh! What’s wrong with that person! Didn’t she knows that it’s already late and everybody been sleeping! I roughly sat up from bed, pulled away the covers from me. I forgot that I got an injured ankle. I groaned in pain. Aish! Such a disturbance! I forced myself to move. How? Okay… I limped from bed to the door, leaning to the wall for support.

 

Finally, I’ve reached the door and opened it. I didn’t bother to ask who the person was, as I am so damn annoyed at the banging. Looked who’s my guest at this hour? No other than the kid leader, Kim Taeyeon. She looked so stressed!

 

“Hey… what’s wrong?” I asked with concern

“What the hell is wrong with you?!” she yelled at me

“Huh? Excuse me?”

 

Then she suddenly lashed herself towards me and engulfed me in a hug. I grabbed the door and apparently used my injured leg for support. I grimaced in pain.

 

“Let…go… of… me…” I uttered biting my lips enduring the pain

“No! I won’t! Why are you pushing me away?!” she stubbornly replied

“Kim Taeyeon… let go of me…”

“I never ever let go of you…”

“Taeyeon… please… the pain… it’s killing me…”

“What? What pain?”

“My sprain! For goodness sake!”

 

Taeyeon immediately released sunny…

 

“Sorry… sorry… so…sorry… soonkyu-ah… I’m so sorry…”

“Turn around”

“What?”

“I said turn around…”

“Why?”

“Just turn around…”

“Okay… okay…”

“Move down a bit…”

“There… now what?”

 

I moved to taeyeon’s back and wrapped by arms around her.

 

“Piggyback ride back to my bed… couldn’t walk…”

 

Taeyeon complied; she holds my legs and stood up. Kicked the door to be closed and locked it. She walked back to my bed and cautiously put me down.

 

“I’m sorry… I was worried sick… I keep on knocking but you didn’t even respond.” I heard her mumbled

 “It’s already late… you should have assumed I’m already sleeping, don’t you think so?” I countered

“I’m sorry…” she whimpered, head hang low.

“Aigoo… okay… come here…” I said as I patted the other side of the bed

“You’re mad at me…” she said

“I’m not…”

“You are…”

“Okay… if you insist so… then be it…”

“Hey… I was only joking… you are not mad at me…” she said and hurriedly climbed to the other side of the bed

“That’s good… now we sleep…”

“Can I hug you?” she shyly asked me…

“Yes…”

 

She inched closer and snuggled to me, resting her head to nook of my neck. I kissed her head and caressed her back and murmured “let’s sleep…”

“Soonkyu-ah…”

“Hmmmmm…”

“I miss you…”

“I miss you too…”

“Soonkyu-ah…”

“Yes taeyeonnie?”

“You know I couldn’t live without you right?”

“No…”

“No?”

“Hmmm…”

“Now, I’m telling you that I couldn’t live without you…” she said giving me a squeeze

“Okay…”

“Okay?”

“Yes okay…”

“Soonkyu-ah…”

“Even if you couldn’t see me… even if you couldn’t hear me… even if I’m far away from you… remember that I’m always here for you… maybe not physically but spiritually I am…”

I felt taeyeon looked up to me, but I didn’t bother to open my eyes.

“What do you mean by that?”

“That I’m always here for you no matter what…”

“I want to see you… I want to hear you voice… you may be far away from me provided you will be back in my arms soon… couldn’t live without you soonkyu-ah…”

“Hmmm….”

“Promise me you’re not going to leave me…”

“Hmmm….”

“Soonkyu-ah….”

“Hmmmm?”

“Promise me...”

“Where do you think I’m going?”

“I don’t know to you…”

“I’m going to dreamland… Want to go with me?”

“Soonkyu-ah!”

“Don’t want to go with me?”

“I want…”

“Then let’s go to sleep…”

“Soonkyu-ah….”

“Hmmm…”

“Soonkyu-ah…”

I felt her kiss my chin…

“Hmmmm….”

She kissed my chin again…

“Taeyeonnie… sleep…”

 

But she didn’t listen; instead she kissed my chin again and again… I opened my eyes and looked at her…

 

“Taeyeonnie… I’m so sleepy and tired…”

 

Instead of answering me, she closed the gap between us. Her lips tenderly touching mine, taunting my lower lip, biting it; I pushed her but she pulled me closer to her, deepening the kiss. I moaned when she my lips. Her hand on my head, her thumb rubbing my cheeks as she continued to kiss and tease me; her tongue started to be naughty. She’s been , biting, and my lips, and her tongue doing overtime for some access. I was caught off guard when she moved on top of me, pressed her body unto mine, she took the chance to gain access and it made me moan loud when her tongue played with mine….

.

.

.

.

.

.

-----

Okay pipz… red light from here on… hehe… sorry for the super delay update… hope you like it!

Didn’t proofread, I just write… too lazy to check on grammatical errors… so please bear with it…

I’ll correct those errors when this story ends.

 

Boring? If so, I apologize… I’ll do better next time…  Confused? Feel free to ask… *bows90degrees*

 

 

READERS, SUBSCRIBERS, AND UPVOTERS

 

BIG THANKS TO ALL OF YOU ^___^ *bows90degrees*

 

And to those pipz who commented…

 

THANK YOU… THANK YOU… THANK YOU… \\[^_~]V for pushing me to write…

 

 

--- > ENJOY \m\{0_~}/m/

 

PS: Get well soon phibz! ^__^