I Know...

My light when everything seems so dark

“Hello?! Morning!”

 

Sunny was walking down the stairs when she could hear her mom talking to someone over the phone. She was not planning to listen to their conversation but she can’t help it. Her mom’s voice is so loud. At first she doesn’t know who her mom was talking to but it dawn to her when her mom mention about “she’s feeling a little dizzy often and having some slight fever”. The person in the other line was no other than Dr. Linton. He might be checking her condition. Sunny haven’t been gone to her checkups because of the tight working schedules. Instead of going for checkups for her a little amount of free time, she would prefer to take a rest; lots of sleep was all she needed to recharge, besides she had her medicine to ease any pain she would feel. She’s relying too much to those, doesn’t she? Oh well, it’s almost over… Two must almost pass by, in few days their concerts will end, and she needs to say goodbye. Will she say goodbye? Or will she just leave without saying a word and let the management explain to the girls?

 

Sunny shook her head as she brought herself into deep thought after she heard her mom’s conversation with Dr. Linton. She was already on the last step when she noticed that her mom was already walking in the kitchen talking to one of their most trusted servers.

 

Sunny’s POv

 

Eh? Since when did mom end the call with doctor? I didn’t notice that one. Maybe because I was pulled in deep thought because of what? Hmmm… I felt guilty for not going to checkups? Or for always making alibis to my private dr. who was tasked by Dr. Linton to keep an eye on me? or for breaking some rules? Okay… I plead guilty to all of it? What can I do? I’m just making sure that the girls won’t be given even a bit of a hint of what is wrong with me and what is going to happen in the near future. I’m doing the right the thing? or I’m just worsening it? Ahm… I don’t know… I don’t want to think about that at the moment. It’s been a good morning for me.

 

I walked in to the kitchen smiling and gave umma a warm hug and a kiss to her cheeks.

 

“Someone’s extra sweet this morning…” I heard umma said

 

“I’m always super extra sweet the whole day not just this morning or every morning… but 24 hours a day…” I retorted and gave umma a squeeze…

 

“Morning ahjumma!” I greeted as she was busy making stirring the pancake mix.

 

“Morning too!” she greeted back…

 

I released umma from my hug and went to get some water at the fridge.

 

“How’s your sleep soonkyu-ah?” umma asked

 

“It’s good umma… even though taeyeonnie’s been hugging me like a koala…”

 

“Oh… Is she doing fine? She’s in panic last night looking for you…”

 

“She’s fine umma… she’s just… ahmm… maybe practicing her acting skills…”

 

“Practicing?”

 

“Someone might just offer her a role in a drama series… hehe”

 

“Aigoo…”

 

I finished a glass of water and saw umma stirring the pancake mix instead as ahjumma walked out the kitchen to set the dining table. I moved closer to umma and help her. She was frying the pancake while I make orange juice when she asks me a question which is hard to answer.

 

“Two months is almost over soonkyu-ah, are you ready? A promise is a promise…”

 

I went blank for a while and simply staring on the floor. The spoon fell down which made a noise that bring me back to myself. I looked at umma smiling and said,

 

“A promise is a promise… whether I’m ready or not…”

.

.

.

.

.

.

 

---

 

Taeyeon ended the call and headed down the kitchen. She was so excited to see sunny that morning. She was about to enter the kitchen with a loud good morning greeting when she suddenly heard a something that made her stop and hide to listen to the conversation a bit more.

 

“What are you going to do now?” Mrs. Lee asked sunny

 

“Enjoy… have fun… that’s it umma…” retorted sunny

 

“Any plans how to say it? Or you just want to let the management handle it?”

 

“Ahm…  I still don’t know yet… what should I do umma? What’s the best?”

 

“Only you could answer that baby… if I tell you what to do, you might regret it at the end and maybe blame me…”

 

“I won’t blame you or anyone umma… it’s my choice…”

 

“Definitely, it’s your choice… think about it…”

 

“Okay… I’m getting better now though… hehehe”

 

“Better? I don’t think so… you’ve been pale, weak, and dizzy most of the time… let’s go for your checkup later…”

 

“Umma~~~~ I want to sleep…”

 

“Sleep when we get back from your checkup… I already scheduled a checkup for you today… Dr. Linton called and I told him everything about your condition.”

 

‘Everything about your condition’ these words keep on ringing on taeyeon’s mind as she heard it directly from Mrs. Lee. “What did omonim mean about soonkyu’s condition? What about her condition? Is there something wrong with her that I don’t know? That the management will deal with it? The management? What are they going to do? Is this some kind of a serious thing? What’s happening?”

 

Furrowed eyebrows and so deep in thought, that’s what taeyeon looked like when ahjumma saw her.

 

“Taeyeon-ah…” ahjumma called out…

 

Mrs. Lee and Sunny halted from their conversation and turned to look at the door. Taeyeon on the other hand, stared at ahjumma for a while before she awkwardly smiles at her.

 

“What are you doing there taeyeon-ah?” asked ahjumma

 

“Ah… me? ah… hehehe… I’m hungry…”

 

“Go inside… breakfast is almost done…”

 

“Oh… hehehe… yes ahjumma…” taeyeon replied and stayed still on her spot

 

Ahjumma starts getting the juice, toasted bread, pancake, and the like. She already passed by taeyeon for two times but the latter didn’t move an inch.

 

“Taeyeon-ah?” sunny called out slowly

 

Taeyeon turned to look at sunny with worried eyes, and then she suddenly hugged her tight.

 

“Soonkyu-ah, what’s wrong? Are you okay? Are you? Are you?” taeyeon anxiously checked on sunny

 

“Taeyeonnie….”

 

Taeyeon continued on checking on sunny not minding the latter calling her.

 

“Taeyeonnie……”

.

.

No response…

.

.

 

“Taeyeon…”

.

.

……

.

.

“Kim Taeyeon!”

 

Sunny called out louder to get taeyeon’s attention which she successfully did. She placed her hands to taeyeon’s shoulder and looked straight to her eyes.

 

“Hey! Relax… What are you talking about? I’m doing fine… See… I’m fine… totally fine taeyeonnie…. So chill okay?....”

 

Taeyeon merely nodded…

 

“Now follow me… breathe in… breathe out… inhale… exhale… good… that’s good… now… shall we have our breakfast.” Sunny said and started walking to the dining when taeyeon grabbed her hand.

 

“Let’s talk later…” mumbled taeyeon before she released sunny and headed first to the dining

 

.

.

.

.

.

 

---

 

Sunny’s POv

 

I know she heard it… but she wants to be enlightened by what she heard, for sure she got confused. I don’t know from what part did she hear my conversation with umma. Maybe, she only got the latter part, I could make any alibis to that, but if she heard it from the start, which is a little impossible, it would be difficult for me to make excuses. Oh well, I won’t be the one to start talking, I’ll let her talk first, by that I could figure out what she knows. What a bright idea soonkyu!

 

We are having our breakfast, I and umma are talking like always; funny stuffs like that. But she kept her silence, head down, concentrated on eating, chewing slowly, and staring blankly to her food. She was like a zombie. We call her couple of times before she could hear us and respond. She’s not in herself. Did that thing bothered her? What did she really know?

.

.

.

.

.

We are now at the living room, me lazing on the couch while watching anime, she was sitting on the bean bag like a statue, and umma went out for a moment.  We didn’t utter a single word to each other. only the noise from the tv was the only sound I could hear. I switched off the tv, sat up from the couch and kick lightly the zombie taeyeon on the bean bag.

 

“Hey! Is there something wrong?”

.

.

.

.

.

----

 

Taeyeon’s POv

 

I’ve been thinking and thinking and thinking of what I’ve heard a moment ago, while this girl lazing on the couch was so relax as if everything’s fine. Is it? Or she’s just hiding it? She’s good at it. She’s totally good at it. I couldn’t read it at times, when she’s hiding something using a façade. But now, I overheard it, loud and clear, and her she is acting like I’ve heard nothing. I keep silent and much in deep thought when I feel her kicking me lightly. I didn’t budge, in short, I ignored her.

 

I moved away from her and kept mum. There was silence. I waited for her to make a sound, to utter a word, but there’s none. Tsk! What I’m thinking? I moved away from her when she tried to get my attention, now I’m waiting for her to talk? Such an irony! She’s still not talking!!! Urrrrgggh! I closed my eyes, hugged my knees and leaned down. I calmed my breathing, stayed in this position for quite some time.

 

The silence, the silence makes me feel at ease at the moment, clear my mind from any thoughts, I wanted this state. Feeling so relaxed… when….

 

“What do you think you’re doing?”

 

I heard a husky voice whispered through my ear that gives me goose bumps. I know it was soonkyu’s voice; it’s huskier than before… I know she’s just teasing me, so I ignored her again.

 

“Taeyeonnie? What’s wrong? Taeyeonnie?”

 

I heard her again, this time; I could feel her warmth breath to my ear. Now, I’mliking this one… hehehe… I’m expecting for the third one but nothing comes. Huh? Where did she go? I immediately looked up and met by two brown orbs staring at me with worries emanating from her eyes. Panic consumed me, I cupped her cheeks, caressed my thumbs onto it, looking straight into her, I asked;

 

“Soonkyu-ah… what’s wrong?”

 

There’s no response…

 

“Hey… don’t be like this… talk to me… soonkyu-ah…”

 

She just gave me a weak smile…

 

“Soonkyu-ah… Soonkyu-ah… my  soonkyu… my lee soonkyu…” I said squeezing her cheeks this time.

 

“Aigoo… my adorable soonkyu! Hehehe”

 

She gave a light smack on my arm and said pouting, “Don’t make me worry like that…”

 

“Huh? Make you worry? What did I do?”

 

“You didn’t talk… you keep mum… Why? What’s wrong?”

 

“I’m just thinking…”

 

“Thinking about what taeyeonnie?”

 

“Thinking about you…”

 

“Huh? What about me?”

 

“I overheard…”

 

“You overheard?”

 

“Yes… your conversation with omonim…”

 

“Our conversation?!”

 

“Uhuh!”

 

“What conversation?”

 

Aigoo… she’s playing dumb now… this is one her talents, her being a good actress, no doubt about it. I squeezed her cheeks to the left to the right, and moved it all around making fun of her faces as she did it to me too.

 

“I know, and you know, that I heard you and omonim talk about your condition.”

 

“My condition? What’s with my condition?”

 

“You’re not feeling well… Are you sick or something? Tell me…”

 

“Huh? I’m good… can’t you see? Don’t worry…”

 

“Soonkyu… I’m not joking around with you… Are you sick?”

 

“Sick? Just a minor headache… that’s it… no more no less… what’s wrong with you?”

 

“I care about you…”

 

“I know… and I’m telling you not to worry… I’m definitely fine…”

 

“What’s all about the conversation between you and omonim?”

 

“What about that?”

 

I gave sunny a questionable look…

 

“What I’m saying is… it’s just a conversation… no more… no less… simply a conversation… that’s it… period…”

 

I’m still not satisfied with her answer… I turned my body so that we could be face to face… eye to eye… body to body…

 

I called her as I placed my hands on her shoulders; I gave her a squeeze…

 

“Soonkyu-ah….”

 

“Yes taeyeonnie…” she retorted playfully, she’s really not making things serious.

 

“Be serious will you? I’m so damn serious here…” I said giving her a stern look which she countered with a nod, but I could still find a tinge of playfulness in her gestures.

 

“Listen… I would only ask you once and I want an answer in all honesty… okay?”

 

“Got it…”

 

“Are you----“ I didn’t finish my words as she cuts me off of my words.

 

“Isn’t it already your first question? O-k-a-y?”

 

I narrowed my eyes and looked at her seriously.

 

“Hehehe… I was only joking… what’s wrong with you… hehehe… now go…”

 

“I’m dead serious here…”

 

“Okay… fire away!”

 

“Are you hiding something from me?”

 

“I’m not…” she said not looking at my eyes…

 

“You’re lying…”

 

“No…”

 

“If so, then looked at my eyes and tell me that you’re not hiding something from me…”

 

“Taeyeon… will you stop this?”

 

“Why? ‘Coz you’re feeling guilty? ‘Coz you’re really hiding something from me?”

 

“Taeyeon…”

 

“What?!”

 

“Stop this…”

 

“What’s happening? Tell me?”

 

I was feeling frustrated already that I didn’t notice that I was gripping her shoulders hard but she didn’t say a word.

 

“Some things are need to be kept… you need to trust me…”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

Instead of answering me, she pulled me for a hug. She’s hiding something from me… she’s hiding something… but what is it that she couldn’t tell me? Is it really that confidential? It scares me thinking of the negative possibilities. I wrapped my arms around her and tightly hug her.

 

“Don’t you dare leave me…”

 

“Taeyeon…”

 

“I couldn’t… I couldn’t…”

 

“You could… just think about our endurance game…”

 

“No… that was hell for me… don’t… don’t leave me please…”

 

“Hey… we still have a concert coming… how could I leave you huh?”

 

“Soonkyu-ah….”

 

I could feel her hands caressing my back… it’s so soothing… but then it scares me… I might not feel it again…

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.----

Sorry for the delay...

 

Didn’t proofread, I just write… too lazy to check on grammatical errors… so please bear with it…

I’ll correct those errors when this story ends.

 

Boring? If so, I apologize… I’ll do better next time…  Confused? Feel free to ask… *bows90degrees*

 

 

READERS, SUBSCRIBERS, AND UPVOTERS

 

BIG THANKS TO ALL OF YOU ^___^ *bows90degrees*

 

And to t pipz who commented…

THANK YOU… THANK YOU… THANK YOU… \\[^_~]V for pushing me to write…

 

 

--- > ENJOY \m\{0_~}/m/

 

PS: LEE-TAN, Happy Happy Four Months and Counting… Weeeeeee….  @_<