Losing Grip

My light when everything seems so dark

Taeyeon fell asleep thinking of sunny; she wakes up still thinking about her. She sluggishly gets up when she saw her luggage, empty and untouched on the side.

 

She started to get her stuffs and put it on her luggage. After thirty minutes of picking, folding, and putting her stuffs finally she closed her luggage.

 

“There! I’m done!” she said out loud

 

Her attention was shifted to what she bought for sunny at the mall, she smiled, thinking that sunny will for sure be happy at her surprise gift, but readily frowned when she remembered what she had done. She groaned thinking about her stupidity. She tried again to call sunny, but failed, her phone was still turned off.

 

“It’s still raining hard…” she said looking at the window… “Please slow down or better yet please stop… I wanted my soonkyu to be home, with me.”

 

Taeyeon was looking at how the sky was crying hard when she heard soft knocks.

 

“Hmm? Who could it be?” she thought as she walked to the door and slowly opening it.

 

“Tae…” tiffany voiced out showing her eye-smile

 

“Fanny-ah… what are you doing here?” taeyeon asked

 

“Well, I’m bored…”

 

“Oh…hmmm…”

 

“Can I come in?”

 

“Oh yeah… sorry… hehehe” taeyeon said opening the door wide

 

“Thanks! Are you done preparing your stuff?”

 

“Yup! Done and ready! Hehehe how about you?”

 

“Same like you… hehehe”

 

Tiffany sits on taeyeon’s bed while taeyeon sits on sunny’s bed.

 

“okay… what now? Want to talk something?” taeyeon inquired trying to start a conversation

 

“Are you sleepy already tae?”

 

“Nope! Still high… hehe”

 

“It’s raining so hard, and it’s so good to sleep already but my eyes don’t want to close for the moment… so want to watch some movies?” tiffany suggested showing her pink laptop.

 

“What movie?”

 

“Hmmm… what do you like? ?”

 

“Whaaat?! ?! Do you have one there?”

 

“Yaaah! ert! Tsk!”

 

“Hehehe… I was just kidding you know…”

 

“Eeeeyh?! I’m sure you’re not…”

 

“Really… hehehe… anyways, so what are we going to watch?”

 

“?”

 

“Eeeeh?! What is it really?”

 

“The Croods… hehehe…”

 

“Good… ahmmm should I get some chips?”

 

“Okay….”

 

“Orange or apple juice?”

 

“Orange juice please…”

 

“Coming… hehehe”

 

Taeyeon stood up and walked out of the room to the kitchen where their snacks were stock on the cabinet.

 

“I hope sooyoung  and yoona left something here… please… Bingo! Yesh! Hehehe now… orange for fanny and apple juice for me… perfect…” she thought

 

She then went back; she saw tiffany was already ready, sitting comfortably on her bed, laptop placed on the table.

 

“I better watch movie with tiffany to pass some time while waiting for soonkyu…” she mentally thought as she approached tiffany…

 

“Ready?” she asked

 

“Perfectly ready tae…”

 

“Here’s your chips and orange juice… now let’s keep the movie rolling… hehehe”

 

Taeyeon and Tiffany watched the movie… laughing and having fun time together. They’ve finished their snacks, now they were lying on the bed after transferring the laptop unto the bed in the middle of the movie… They didn’t notice the time as well as the rain already slowed down.

 

---

 

Sunny stirred when she’s feeling the call of nature, she immediately stood up and went to her bathroom. After doing her thing, she noticed that the rain slowed down, she checked the time, its 30 minutes past the hour of eleven.

 

“I could drive back to the dorm now…” she mumbled

 

She put on her jacket, grabbed her keys and took her bag as well as her STUPID cake. Before she goes down, she enters her umma’s room, informing her that she’s leaving.

 

“Umma? Are you still up? Umma?” sunny softly called

 

“Ahmm… soonkyu-ah?”

 

“Umma, I’m going back to the dorm now, the rain already slows down.” Sunny said sitting on her umma’s bed

 

“You could sleep here, why do you need to go back there?” Mrs. Lee asked

 

“I promised that I’m going back to the dorm tonight umma… besides, they’ll be leaving to japan tomorrow, and I will not be with them.” Sunny almost whispered the last sentence.

 

“Soonkyu-ah…”

 

“Don’t worry umma… I’m fine… hehehe… I’m going to surprise them… we are going to surprise them… right umma?”

 

“Yes… yes… of course…” Mrs. Lee responded while caressing sunny’s cheeks…

 

“I need to go now umma… Muah! Love you!”

 

“Love you too baby… drive safely okay?”

 

“Yes Umma! See you tomorrow!”

 

“See you…”

 

---

 

Sunny hopped in to her car, she replied to a text message first before revving her car off to their dorm.

.

.

.

.

.

.

 

15 minutes passed…

.

.

.

.

 

 

SUNNY’S POv

 

Sunny parked her car and headed to the dorm. It’s already quarter to 12mn; she quietly walked in, afraid to disturb the already sleeping girls. She placed the cake inside the refrigerator before entering her and taeyeon’s room.

 

She carefully twisted the knob, and get in as quiet at possible. She doesn’t want to wake up taeyeon which she presumed already falling asleep alone. But when checked on her, there was another person.  Arms wrapped around taeyeon’s body and so was the latter.

 

“Tsk! How sweet of them… cuddling around in this cold rainy weather…. TAENY? FOR REAL? Silly!” she thought.

 

She changed into her pjs, took her pillow and blanket, then out she go to the living room. She doesn’t want to disturb ‘TAENY’? But the truth is, she didn’t want seeing these two like this… She better be sleeping on the couch than soaring her eyes with the view.

 

She slumped on the couch, face down on her pillow, eyes already tired but brain still working, she wanted to sleep but couldn’t…

 

“AAAAArrrggggh!!!!” she groaned on her pillow.

 

The clock alarmed, signaling it’s already 12 midnight.

 

“Yeah! It’s already 12, and I’m still here… tired but couldn’t get to rest…” she mumbled.

 

She sat up, the tv, set the ps3, took the controller, then started playing mortal kombat by herself. She’s again into the game, every battle, every mission she’d surpassed she enthusiastically cheered alone, loudly mentally… One hour had passed and she’s still playing, focused on her game.

 

“Aish! Combos… yeah! Kick kick kick… upper cut! Combos! Great! Wow! I’m great!” she praised herself

 

---

 

Jessica’s POv

 

“I woke up from my beauty rest because of my dry throat. I feel really thirsty… I’m too lazy to get up, I wanted to ignore it… but after couple of minutes, I couldn’t endure it anymore, my own saliva couldn’t satisfy my dry throat. I forced myself to get off my bed and went to the kitchen to get what I needed badly, water.

.

.

.

.

 

After satiating my thirstiness by drinking half liter of water, my attention was caught by some noise at the living room.

.

.

.

.

 

“Who could be up at this hour? Of course except me, I’m freaking thirsty and badly needed to drink water. Hmmm could it be a thief? What?! Thief? What am I thinking? How could a thief be here? My gosh! I need a weapon in case of emergency… what should I get? Oh yeah! Frying pan! This will make him sleep if I slam this hard on his head… yeah right!”

 

She cautiously marched to the living room, holding tightly the frying pan. She peeked, hiding on the divider, she couldn’t see the person, only the lampshade was on. Then she noticed what that person was doing, playing.

 

“A thief was playing?” she asked herself, and then it hit her. “Who could only play these games overtime? Who? Of course, our resident master gamer, Lee Soonkyu! Aish! This bunny… wait, if it’s not her? I better make it sure…”

 

She moved in nearer, and softly called sunny…

 

“Sunny… Sunny… Sun-ny…”

 

But the other person didn’t respond at all…

 

She moved in closer, she’s already at the back of the couch, she sneak a quick look.

 

“That blonde fluffy hair, that back figure… that squeaking sound… it’s sunny! Geez! This bunny is playing late! Hmmm… I’ll punish this bunny for being so addicted… hehehe” she mentally said.

 

She soundlessly crawled towards sunny, planning to scare her to the highest level.

 

“Hehehe… it’s my chance now… get ready bunny… here I come… hehehe”

 

---

 

Sunny’s POv

 

“I changed my game from mortal kombat to gran turismo, when I heard a click of the door. I stood up and checked on it. There I saw the sleeping queen walking like a zombie, heading to the kitchen. She must be so thirsty because she drank not one, or two, but three glasses of water. I smiled and shook my head, she’s drinking like there’s no tomorrow. I returned to my space and started to play again.

 

.

.

.

.

.

.

 

She could feel that someone’s watching over her.

 

“Tsk! She might be thinking I’m someone unknown? A thief perhaps? Tsk tsk tsk… she’s getting closer… hehehe geez! weird… thanks to my mirror here, I could see the creepy sica… hey wait, she’s holding a frying pan? Is she going to hit me with that?” sunny thought eyeing every moves of jessica from her powerful mirror

 

.

.

.

.

 

“Huh?! Where did that creepy sica go? Where are you… yay! She’s crawling… hahaha… hmmm…  I think I know what she’s planning to do… she’ll scare me to death? Tch! Let me give her a piece of her own medicine… hehehe creepy sica meets master bunny! Yey!” she thought

.

.

.

.

 

---

 

Jessica was a meter away from sunny when suddenly the tv turned off, she was frozen to her spot, the lampshade was too dim for her, it started to rain hard again, she shifted her vision to the side, and when she looked in front, her eyes widen, as if her eyeballs wanted to ran out from her ets.

.

.

.

.

.

 

Sunny turned the tv off when she saw jessica a meter away from her, she saw jessica stopped, and got distracted by the sudden darkness, and the sound of the rain falling hard from the sky. She also bent down same to jessica’s level, inching closer to her like a ninja and said.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

 

“Ms. Jessica Jung, what do you think you are doing?” sunny said flatly

 

She saw jessica’s reactions, the latter was scared to death, she knew that this girl will scream as she widely open and was getting ready to let out a deafening squeal. Sunny was fast enough to cover jessica’s mouth, as she was controlling herself not laugh so hard.

 

“Hey… hahahahaha… relax… hahaha… it’s… just… me… hahahaha….” Sunny said in between her laughs

 

Jessica shoved sunny’s hand covering .

 

“Yah! What’s so funny?!” jessica said still breathing hard from what had happened

 

“You… you are so funny sica-ah… hahahaha… my goodness… hahaha…”

 

“Ha-Ha-Ha… funny…”

 

“Yeah! You are so so so funny! Hahahaha… aigoo… my tummy hurts from laughing… hahahaha…”

 

“Yaaaah! Stop! Tsk! I was supposed to scare you!”

 

“Of course! Ok scare me then…” sunny said seriously as she sits upright

 

“What?”

 

“Scare me… you said that you were supposed to scare me right?”

 

Jessica simply nodded…

 

“Then scare me now sica-ah… go!”

 

“Huh?!”

 

“I’m waiting…”

 

“Okay… Rawwwr!” jessica yelled acting like a mad dog in front of sunny

 

Sunny then reacted with all might to be scared… Her eyes were wide open as well as , both hands were placed on each side of her face… then she screamed deafly…

 

“Hahahahaha…. Sunny-ah…. Hahahahahaha…”

 

“Why are you laughing?”

 

“Because you’re funny…”

 

“What? Who’s funny?”

 

“You!  You’re so funny sunny-ah! Hahahahaha”

 

“Hehehehe… I thought I did act great… well, I need to practice with my acting skills then… hehehe”

 

“Yeah! Yeah! Yeah… hehehe… so so so cute!” jessica stated as she squeezed sunny’s cheeks

 

“Sica-ah~~~~~~~” sunny whined

 

“Hehehe… uhmmmm… cute!”

 

“I know… long ago…”

 

“hahahaha… of course…”

 

“Sica-ah, I’m hungry…”

 

“Hungry? Haven’t you had your dinner?”

 

“I did, but I’m hungry now…”

 

“Hmm okay… let’s eat some ramen; I think we still have some stocks of that.”

 

“Yey!”

 

“Aigooo… acting like a baby… hehehe.”

 

“Sica-ah~~~~~” sunny whined while pouting

 

“Cute!”

 

.

.

.

.

.

 

They started digging in their ramen after just a few minutes of waiting…

.

.

.

.

 

“Sica-ah~~~ it’s hot…” sunny complained

 

“Hot? Sica will blow it for you… whooo… whooo… there…”

 

 

“Uhmmm… yum! Yum! Yum! Hehehe…”

 

“Bunny?”

 

“Hmmm?”

 

“Why are you still up this late?”

 

“I couldn’t sleep…”

 

“Why?”

 

“I don’t know… I wanted to close my eyes but I couldn’t…”

 

“That’s why you decided to play and play and play?”

 

“Yeah! That’s a good and fun way to pass time… hehehe…”

 

“What’s with the pillow and the blanket?”

 

“I need it if I wanted to sleep right?”

 

“Don’t you want to sleep in your room?”

 

“I might disturb the sleeping people in there…”

 

“Taeyeon and who?”

 

“Tiffany…”

 

“Aaaaah… okay… that’s why you wanted to sleep in the couch instead?”

 

“Yup! I couldn’t sleep right? if I pass the time while in the room, you’ve heard me playing, and I’m kinda noisy… hehehe so I better play in the living area and sleep there to avoid disrupting the good night sleep of the people… hehehe” sunny reasoned out…

 

“Actually, I don’t want to see them cuddling like lovers” sunny mentally answered

 

“oooh… okay… hehehe…”

 

.

.

.

.

 

They chitchat longer than expected that they lost count of the time

.

.

.

.

.

..

 

..

.

 

Sunny yawned… “Sica-ah… I’m already sleepy…”

 

“And so am I… *yawn* time check… 2am, we’ve talked a lot…”

 

“yeah… *yawn* goodnight sica-ah…” sunny said and stood up, marching to the living area, where her temporary bed is, the couch.

 

 

Later did she know that jessica followed her. She was sleepily lied down on the couch when another body tried to squeeze in.

 

“Uhmmm… Sica-ah… what are you doing?” sunny said with eyes partially open

 

“Sleeping with you bunny…”

 

“On the couch?”

 

“No! on the floor… tsk! Of course, on this couch! With you…”

 

“Hmm… the couch is not that big…” sunny sleepily answered

 

“The couch is just enough for both of us…”

 

“But----”

 

“Sssssssh…. Sleep! I’m here to guard you from the monsters…”

 

“You? Guarding me? Or it’s the other way around?”

 

“Yaah! Just sleep bunny…”

 

“Hmmm…”

 

Jessica comfortably lie down beside sunny, her right arm serves as sunny’s pillow while the other wrapped around bunny’s body which works as her blanket.

 

“It’s comfy sleeping with sunny like this…” she thought

 

Then a loud thunder resounding in the four corners of the living room as the rain falls hard. Sunny stirred from her sleep, and snuggled closer to jessica…

 

“Sica-ah~~~” sunny called, fear was evident in her voice

 

“SSSsssh… I’m here… I’m here sunny-ah… sleep now…”

 

They both dozes of to dreamland after a while…

 

----

 

Morning came; the sun is up, the gloomy sky last night is smiling brightly right now.

.

.

.

.

9AM

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

 

Taeyeon slowly opens her blurry eyes, someone was hugging her, and she thought it was sunny. She stared at the girl beside her, smiling, but then, it soon faded. The person who she expected to be with her was not the person hugging her right now.

 

She sighs at the thought, she carefully released herself from tiffany’s embrace, and she did her thing in the bathroom and went out to prepare their breakfast.

 

“Did soonkyu arrive last night? Her pillow and blanket were not on her bed, and her bag… wait… her bag? I saw her bag… that meant that she came home last night… but wait, where did she sleep?” taeyeon thought as she walked to the kitchen.

 

Few minutes after, seohyun and hyoyeon came out of their room.

 

“Morning!” greeted both seohyun and hyoyeon

 

“Morning too!” taeyeon responded without looking at them as she was busy checking the ref on what to cook.

 

“Taeyeon-unnie, did sunny-unnie come home last night?” seohyun asked

 

“Uhm… I think so… I saw her bag on her bed, but I didn’t know where she sleeps…”

 

“Huh? You didn’t know? Didn’t she sleep on her your room?” hyoyeon inquired

 

“No…”

 

“Hmmm… where did that little kid go then? You should better check her in the living area…” hyoyeon stated

 

“Check sunny-unnie in the living area unnie, she might be sleeping on the couch…” seohyun added

 

Sooyoung came out from her room yawning, stretching her arms…

 

“Morning people!!!!! What a good morning… what’s our breakfast for the day?” she questioned

 

“What do you want soo?” taeyeon countered

 

“Let’s have heavy meal today… please… fried rice…. I also want crispy fried chicken, with a chilling fresh orange juice… yuuuummmm…” sooyoung replied

 

“Then we will have that…” taeyeon responded as she took out all she needed in the ref.

 

“Hey! Have you seen jessica? She’s not on her bed…” sooyoung inquired

 

Taeyeon’s immediately turned around to look at sooyoung and then she asked.

 

“She’s not on her bed?”

 

“Nope! She might sleep somewhere…”

 

“Hyo, and Seo, I’ll just check on them in the living area… could you please be in-charge of cooking?”

 

“Sure unnie… no problem” seohyun answered abruptly

 

“Soo… behave…” taeyeon warned

 

“Hehehehe… I’ll try… go now…”

 

---

 

Taeyeon headed to the living area, she could see the blanket from behind the couch, and she moved faster wanting to see her soonkyu. She frowned at the sight; her bunny was securely hugged by jessica.

 

“What the heck is this? I thought this is a good morning? But it’s the opposite! Crap!!!!” she thought and with her annoyed reflexes, she unknowingly kicked the couch hard which cause both girls to wake up.

 

Jessica was the first to open her eyes; she smiled at the sleeping bunny beside her.

 

“Hey! Morning bunny!” jessica sweetly greeted sunny who’s trying to open her eyes…

 

“Hmmm…” sunny responded cutely

 

“Cute!” jessica said as she pinch sunny’s cheeks

 

“We need to get up now bunny…”

 

“Hmmm…”

 

“Aigoo… that’s the consequence of staying up late…”

 

“I… know… sica-ah…”

 

“Hehehe…”

 

---

 

Meanwhile, taeyeon’s eardrums were soon to explode, her heart will soon stop beating… She hated the scene that she was seeing right now, before she could die from jealousy that was consuming her… she shouted, “I SAW THEM!!!!!!!!!!!” with sarcasm and went back to the kitchen, leaving the two girls stunned by her loud voice.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Jessica helped sunny to get up, and then she headed to her own room while sunny directly went to the kitchen.

 

Good Moooorning!” she sleepily greeted everyone in the kitchen

 

“Morning too unnie!” Seohyun replied

 

“Morning Sunny-ah!” sooyoung and hyoyeon said in unison

 

“Hehe… can I have water? Please…” sunny said sweetly

 

Taeyeon placed a glass of water in front of sunny, and settled herself on the other side of the table.

 

“Morning! Did you sleep well?” taeyeon asked feigning a smile

 

“Yeah I did… how about you? Did you sleep well? Sunny retorted showing her own eyesmile

 

“No….”

 

“No? are you sure? Oh why is that so?” sunny asked looking straight to taeyeon’s eyes

 

“Why are you asking like that? don’t you believe me?”

 

“Nah-ah! Last time I checked, you were sleeping soundly last night comfortably embracing someone… how could you deny that you didn’t sleep well?”

 

 

“I…---”

 

“You what taeyeon?”

 

Taeyeon’s eyebrows creased, the moment she heard sunny called her by name…

 

“Did you just call me Taeyeon?”

 

“Yes, why? You’re taeyeon right? Don’t tell me you’re just a doppelganger?”

 

“Doppelganger? Tsk! I’m taeyeon, KIM TAEYEON, YOUR TAEYEONNIE…” taeyeon stated giving emphasis to the last four words

 

“He-he-he…”

 

“He-he, weren’t you scared of loud thunders last night?”

 

“Not that much… jessica accompanied me, and assured me that everything’s gonna be alright… how sweet of her right?”

 

“Not as sweet as me… correct?”

 

“I don’t think so….”

 

“Excuse me?”

 

Before sunny could respond, tiffany hugged taeyeon from behind surprising the latter.

 

“Morning tae! Have a goodnight sleep?” tiffany gleefully said

 

“Ah… hehehe y---yeah…” stuttering taeyeon replied

 

Sunny just slyly smiled at taeyeon.

 

“Oh Morning sunny-ah!” tiffany greeted

 

“Morning! You really had a good night sleep huh?”

 

“Absolutely! Hehehe thanks to taetae…”

 

“Of course, thanks-to-taeyeon…”

 

****

 

So? how was this? ?_? wanted to know your thoughts about this chappie... ^_^

 

READERS, UPVOTERS, AND SUBSCRIBERS... THANK YOU... :) *bows 90degrees*

 

 

Special Mentions to these pipz who inspired me to write an update... (: thanks!

 

VLdandyu07, DandyuJjang, puffycosmo, SakulBurns, Taengkyu

Koihaku, DandyuGangsters, Phibster12, and RavingJenny

 

 

 

 

---->ENJOY