CHAPTER 9

MY RIVAL

 

CHAPTER 9

 

 

“where’s ajumma?” sulli asked as soon as she noticed that no one’s home “oh, she’s with my grandma” I replied flatly, as I went to the kitchen to get water for her. aish this brat, if something really happened to her, I don’t know what will I do. Luckily I found her before anything happened to her.

 

 

“here drink this, first” I said to her as I handed her the glass of water. I can see her hands trembling, I guess she was really scared. I then slowly sit beside her. “what do you feel?” I ask her, feeling really guilty, if I wasn’t avoiding her this fast few days, I’m sure nothing will happen to her like this, “I’m scared” she replied flatly, “don’t worry, I will never let anything happen to you, okay?” I replied to her not knowing what should I really say to her, I can see she was surprised with my answer, “thanks for saving me again” she said as she sobbed. “hmm” I said patting her back. “now, I’ll just prepare dinner, you can change your clothes now” I said as I stood up as she too stood up and went upstairs.

 

 

========================================

 

 

 

“let’s eat now” I said to sulli as soon as I saw her, walking down from the stairs. “you know how to cook?” she asked me surprisingly “of course, as you know I’m the great Choi Minho” I said with humor., I know very well that sulli in cooking, So I was relieved when I saw her smiling at me. “some humility please” she said chuckling. “let’s now judge your food Mr. Choi” she said getting a pair of chopsticks and started eating the food.

 

“daebak! That’s superb!” she exclaimed, rubbing her stomach. “okay, this would be the first time, but I really think you’re great Mr. Choi” she said as he grab a glass of orange juice on the side of her plate. “I know that very well Ms. Choi” I replied to her. “You can change your clothes now, I’ll be the one to clean this” she said “you stinks already” she added laughing “I guess you have some problem with your sense of smell Ms. Choi” I replied to her as I walk towards the stairs laughing.

 

===========================

 

 

*knock *knock

 

 

“what’s up?” she asked as she open the door of her room “oh, just want to check on you, I hope your fine already” I said to her, I have been debating with myself If I should go here and checked her, it’s bothering me if she’s actually okay now, maybe she was just faking her laugh earlier, because after all she’s sulli, the most stubborn girl I know “yeah, I’m fine. Well thanks for worrying?” she replied with a small smile. “okay then, goodnight” I said scratching the back of my head. “oh, goodnight too” she replied closing her door.

 

 

 

I head back to my room, it’s already 10 in the evening but I still don’t feel sleepy, I grab my book beside my bed and wear my glasses as I read it, trying to fall asleep.

 

 

 

It’s already passed midnight but still wide awake, I suddenly heard a loud voice screaming from the next room, sulli’s room. I immediately stood up, and grab my baseball bat, at least I should be ready, luckily her room wasn’t lock, I took a deep breath, I can still hear her voice screaming, and I then open the door and burst inside. But I saw no one, only sulli, crying for help, she was lying on her bed, nightmare I guess, she is soo scared of what happen to her earlier, I never saw her like this, soo helpless, weak and crying, I then went to her bed and sat beside her.

 

 

“sull! Wake up! It’s just a dream!” I said loudly nudging her arms, she shot her eyes open, and I can see relieve in her face as she looks at me, instantly she grabbed my arms and draped her arms around as she hug me tightly, “I’m soo scared, im scared, he’s going to do bad things to me” she cried loudly as she hugged me tight, and all I can do is to hug her tightly too. “shhsss, I’m here, don’t worry” I said to her. “please don’t leave me” she said softly, “I will not don’t worry okay?” I said to her then I release her, she then leaned her head on my shoulder as she cry. “stop that,okay?, I will never leave you, now sleep” I ordered her she nod and she lied back on her bed. I can still see the fears on her face. Unknowingly, I too lied on her bed beside her, I insert my hands below her neck and drape her around my arms. I know I startled her. but this is all I can do to make her feel secured. “let’s fight again after you’re fine, but for now, just be good okay?” I said. As I kissed the top of her head. As I steadied my breath and finally I was able to fall asleep.

 

======================================================

 

Sulli’s POV

I was awaken with a the sound of my alarm clock, I actually feel great. I slowly open my eyes to thank the lord for another day, when I felt hands that hold me tightly around my waist, my eyes open widely when I saw the person who is beside me. What happen? I ask myself, just then everything happen last night flashed. A small smile form in my face. He’s sleeping peacefully so I didn’t bother waking him up, I slowly lifted his hands that were drape on my waist, and I slowly went up from my bed, I made my way to my bathroom and take a bath, after I change with my uniform. I checked the clock, It’s still early. I then went downstairs.

 

 

“Okay, I think I can do it.” I said as I took out the eggs and vegetables from the fridge. I then pulled out my phone and search how to make an omelet.

 

After 30 mins if trying finally I finished cooking the breakfast if you considered it one.

 

“what’s that smell?” I heard someone said, I know who it is, and I’m now ready to be humiliated “food?” I replied with a question he then eyed the food I put on the table. He smirked at me. Aaaah! That jerked. “food huh?” he said still smirking at me. “hey! I tried my best, It doesn’t look good but I promised it taste good, ..or not?” I then look at the food on the table, okay I really on cooking, as I can see that the bread can be compared now to a charcoal. “sorry” I pout. He smiled at me, “we still have time, let’s just eat outside it’s my treat” he said “really? sorry, I really tried but you know, I really at cooking” I said to him as he started to clean the table and I then help him. “let’s go?” he said as we both finished washing our hands, I nod at him.

 

“Bashta!!!” I said grinning, the food in this restaurant is really great it’s like home cooked foods. “you eat like a pig” minho said to me, chuckling “I don’t care, the food is really delicious, it’s really a good idea eating here, rather than eating my burnt foods” I said to smiling.

 

 

“yeah, because I’m great” he replied. Jerk as always. “okay I admit my defeat, okay..” I replied to him and he raises his brow to me. “as in? you?” he replied in doubt. “it’s just a joke don’t take it seriously” I replied with sarcasm and giggle. “you look better when smiling, than with that poker face you always had” he said to me, sipping his coffee. “I smile always” I replied to him. “yeah, yeah.. with others I know, but the moment you faced me, here comes your poker face” He said. Just then I realized I was really brat towards him. “because you’re jerk” I said to him. “yeah. When it comes to you” I heard him mumble, “what did you say? I ask him to confirm “nothing.. just eat quickly or we’ll be late” he said not looking at me. Oh come on! Welcome back jerk, I rolled my eyes. But I still cant stop my self from smiling. I wonder why. 

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````