CHAPTER 5

MY RIVAL

 

CHAPTER 5

SULLI'S POV

 

“sulli, will going to send you home then” Onew said, after visiting me earlier, they went back after their class leaving me on the infirmary to rest, he went back with Victoria. “oh, thanks’ I murmured.

 

 

We are now walking towards onew’s car, as we reached his car he open the door of the back seat and let me sit there, then Victoria sits on the passenger seat in front and onew sits on the driver seat. I was kinda tired and exhausted and my mind flying. The whole time I spent in the infirmary, all that inside my head is minho, but this time, not to beat him. It is, how should I thank him, and he’s now sick, and oh! The CPR.

 

 

“sulli, who is with you, in your house, since ajusshi was out of the country?” Onew asked as he started the ignition, and CRAP!, now that I remember, they don’t know that I was living with minho. I bit my lip, thinking of reason how to say it to them.

 

 

But I guess, I don’t have any choice. “onew oppa, uhm.. vic, I..” I trailed, actually I don’t know how should I say it to them. “yes?” onew replied, and now he was driving, the way towards my house. “well, I actually have to tell to the both you some secret” I said Biting my lip. “oh? Really.. well what is it?” Victoria asked. “promise me first you will not tell anyone.” I said to them, hoping that they will agree, they two were pretty reliable. “of course, we promised” onew said.

 

 

“I’m actually, living now with minho” I said softly, closing and biting my lip. I really don’t know what will be their reaction. I peek at them, when I didn’t heard them replied to me. “REALLY?” I then heard Victoria said loudly, I know those news will be a breaking news to everyone. “how come you didn’t told us about it?” she asked, and judging from her voice I know that she was quite disappointed because I never told them about it, even though we were all close like siblings. “you know me, Victoria, when it comes to minho” I murmured. “yeah, right, right.” She said. “oppa, just have a reverse” she said smiling at onew. “minho didn’t told us too” onew said. And oh that’s good then, so it means that he followed my request. “yeah, I told him not to” I replied. “aish, rivals” I heard Victoria murmured. And I smile a little, I know they were kinda tired of the two of us always competing. “sulli, seriously, aren’t you tired of doing that?” she asked me, and I know very well what does she means. “no” I replied flatly. “look, sull.. you nearly lose your life, and if not because of him, you might dead right now” she said to me. “the two of you were both amazing person sull. And honestly, it doesn’t matter who is the top of the top, and until now we all don’t know the real reason why the two of you rival against each other” she said, I know this talk will not end just like this.

 

 

 

“thanks, for the ride oppa,Victoria, but you sure you’re not going to check on him?” I said to them, as I went out of the car.
“nah! Mom, is waiting for us, we’re having dinner together” Victoria said. Oh, this couple. I just nod at them and went inside the house.

 

 

The house was pretty quiet tonight, jihye ajumma, seems not here. I went straight to the kitchen to drink water. And I was greeted by mara, one of the maids. “goodevening Ms. Choi, want to eat something?” she asked me. “ani, I tired, I’ll just eat tomorrow maybe” I said, I really don’t have appetite. “oh, is that so? Mr. Choi, didn’t want to eat also, I insist though, since he was quite sick, he asked for a medicine earlier.” She said, she was about to went back to their quarters. Soo, he’s really sick? Why? “what time did he arrive?” I ask her “hmm, it was at 12 I think” she answered. “and he didn’t eat anything?” I asked her Again, “neh, he said, he doesn’t feel well and don’t have appetite, it seems that his cold yesterday worsen” she answered me. Cold? He seems to be fine earlier, “uhmm, mara?” “yes Ms. Choi?” “can you please help me cook, some porridge?” I ask her, besides I really need to thank him right? He saves my life after all.

 


“of course, Ms. Choi” she answered. “just wait here, and I’ll get ready with the ingredients” “okay” I replied to here, then I sat on the counter in the kitchen. “Mara?” I called her with a loud voice so that she will hear me. “where is Jihye ajumma?” I ask her. “oh, she’s out with friends, she said that she will be back late” she answered, and after a few minutes, she’s back, carrying the ingredients of the porridge. “let’s start then” she said as she place them all in front of me.

 

 

While she rinse the rice, I started to slice, the garlic, the chicken, and some of the ingredients.

 

 

After an hour we’re done cooking. She pour some of it, into a bowl, she also pour them with a juice, and put some medicine. “I guess, you’re the one who will be bringing it to Mr. Choi” she said as he puts the cover of the bowl. Oh! , how should I approach him then?

 

 

My way to his rooms seems to be the longest walk I ever take, I was really anxious, my mind is flying again to the events this day. How should I thank him? Or even approach him without thinking of those things?

 

I stood up, in front of his room for five minutes mentally debating if I should knock or not, and from here outside, I can hear him, coughing.

 

As I master all my courage, I raise my hands and knock on his door.
“who’s that?” he asked, still coughing. “it’s me” I said softly. I know that the silence that follow, it was him shocked that I was now knocking on his room. “it’s open” he said. I then slowly turn the knob.

 

Oh my. His room. Was yeah it’s not what I am expecting from him, can this guy have any flaw?

 

He’s room is very tidy, it’s very huge too. Just like me, a king size bed on the center, and I conclude, he likes blue. There is also a small library in the side of his room. A LCD tv, Xbox. Guitar, and drums. And his trophies and medals. On the left side of his bed was his study table, his Mac book was place in there. “I brought porridge” I said as I walk towards his bed. He was lying down, and cover with blanket. I move his mac on his study table so that I can place the tray of porridge, I then went back to his side.

“Minho?” I said softly. I was really anxious. “bu-yaaa?” he said lazily as he moves the blanket from his face.

 

“HAHAHAHAHAHA!” that’s all I can do, seeing his red nose, resembling Rudolph the reindeer.  “sulli, I’m not in the mood to argue, I really don’t feel well” he said closing his eyes. Immediately I was taken a back, oh god for the first time I had able to face Minho, without him saying any sarcastic things towards me. “oh, I brought porridge, mara said you didn’t eat anything since you came back” I said.. “oh? I will not die after eating it?” he asked. And now I forgot that he was sick and I really want to kick his . “I’m not bad” I said softly, and I can hear him chuckled. He’s not saying anything.

 

 

“Well, I just want to thank you.. thank you for saving me” I said slowly. “oh?, okay.. just leave it there” he said, closing his eyes, aww poor him, maybe he’s really not feeling well. I then went out of his room, and went to my room, I need to rest also.

 

I was awaken with a loud growl from my stomach. Not taking it anymore, I force myself to went down to find any edible thing I could take.

 

After eating some, kimbap. That is stored on the fridge and a milk, I lazily went upstairs.

 

I was walking towards my room, but all I can hear is a nonstop cough and seems a child whining.

 

I slowly open the door of his room.

 

He was sweating profusely, and coughing very hard.

 

Otoke?