CHAPTER 30

MY RIVAL

 

 

 

Sulli’s POV

"Things turn out best for the people who make the best out of the way."

 

I grew up in a family who never pressure me to be on top, but still I grew up finding myself striving to be the first, I know everyone was aware of my little rivalry with someone, and I can say my school life had been fun because of her. All the things I had experienced in this school especially the competition I had joined, It will always remain as good memory to me, and I will always be proud to represent our school.

 

If you’re all thinking that I am a living genius who can do best in everything you were all wrong, all of my achievements was all because I had worked hard for it, same as everyone I also studied and practice hard. And I can say it was never easy, but thanks to those persons who become an inspiration to me to strive hard, to my parents, my friends, uncle and especially the special persons in my life my girlfriend sulli. And our baby. I owe you guys a lot. Thank you!

 

And to our teacher who believes in my ability and who mentor me, thank you. I know, at this moment I had surprise everyone. but I am more than happy now.

 

and to everyone I want to say… congratulations.”

 

My tears are continuously flowing, as I hear him speaking in front, and like everyone else, I was surprised when he say ‘our baby’, I can saw the stare of other students at me, maybe they were surprised at his little revelation, since no one knew about my pregnancy except, our family, our friends, and teachers.  I joined everyone as they clapped their hands for him, I actually never saw this side of him, a humble Choi Minho who shared his experience being a student. I am proud, very proud, though it has been my dream to be the person who is standing in front and giving a speech, but still my heart is swelling because of happiness. My eyes never leave him as he walked back towards his chair which is beside me, since I am ranked next to him.

 

“this is for you!” he said as he handed me his certificate for being an excellent student. “for me?” I ask him he smiled at me as he look at me “you might not know it, but you were the one behind those achievements, if not because of you I might not be here and also I want to give to our baby” he said smiling widely, “congratulation to us poopy!” he said then he hugged me, and I hugged him back also. “thank you soo much oppa!” I said to him. Then he kissed me on my right cheeks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Congratulation baby!” my dad said to me, as soon as we saw each other, the ceremony had just finished and everyone was now welcomed by our parents. My dad, I suddenly realized how much I missed him, after all I’m a daddy’s girl He immediately hugged me tight. “thank you appa” I said, my tears are forming in my eyes already, “I am soo proud of you baby! I love you, and I miss you soo much” he said, and with that my tears started to flow, “thank you appa, I love and miss you too, soo much” I said tighting my hug. “aigoo, if I know, my baby is already busy with her ‘Oppa’”, he said as he let go of our hug. I pouted and he used his thumb to wipe out my tears.

 

 “Even though you’re having a baby already you’re always be my baby.” He said to me in a very sincere tone, and with that again my tears were flowing, oh my dad. “Appa, I know this is not what you are expecting from me, but trust me appa, okay? I know in some point I have disappoint you. But I have no regrets. I can say that I am happy now” I said to him, he looked at me intently. “don’t say that baby. You were never a disappointment, and I am happy to hear that you are happy now, I cant ask more, more than seeing you happy. But hey! I’m still you’re dad, you can still count on me” he said grinning.

 

 

 

“1…..2…..3…..say cheese!” mom said loudly as we all 10 take a picture together. This is it Goodbye highschool!

 

Also I had taken a picture with my girl friends, with my family which now includes oppa’s parents and my dad. and a picture with appa, and of course a picture with oppa.

 

Of course the graduation didn’t end without people asking me If I’m pregnant, and I was proud to tell them that it is true.

 

“so, let’s see each other next week for our celebration?” Onew oppa said as we all gather on the parking lot with our parents.

 

And we? As planned were flying to Europe tonight, and where in Europe?

 

Its on Paris.

 

Of course we had ask the permission of my OB if I can travel through air, and he said that I can.

 

“you sure you didn’t leave anything?” Minho oppa asked for almost 10th time. Hahaha “Yes” I answered him, “you’re vitamins?” he asked again. “it’s here already” I said pointing my bag. “okay then” he said smiling, we then headed downstairs were our parents were probably waiting. “let’s go?” his dad said as we approached the living room.

 

 

The plane ride was not treating my stomach well, I was nauseous the whole time, all I did was breath in and out. “are you okay, you look pale?” oppa suddenly asked me. And I guess I can hide my discomfort to him,I answered “no, I feel like I’m going to puke” I replied almost breathless, I can see concern in his eyes, mama also seems to notice my discomfort and asked us if there is something wrong. “she said, feels like she’s going to puke” oppa answered mama “do you have candy? Or anything sweet?” she asked “I have here” oppa answered and quickly took it from his bag. “here” he gave me the candy after he open it. “try to sleep dear” mama said it still few hours before we land. “here, try to rest your head here” minho oppa said as he pats his shoulder, I followed him and he wrapped his hands around my shoulder, I closed my eyes, as he rub my shoulders gently, I just hope I’ll feel better later.

 


 

Paris was great, a total different from seoul, we arrived at the unit were dad is staying same as ajussi. I shared the same room with Minho oppa, and you know it’s kind of awkward. It’s just the two of us, but our parents thought its fine. And because of our long flight we are all tired, mom shared room of course with oppa’s dad, and dad he said he’s fine alone in his room.

“Good morning, how’s your sleep?” Oppa asked as soon I opened my eyes, of you’re asking if we sleep in the same bed, the answer is Yes >__<

 

“hmmm, fine. But I want to sleep more” I murmur closing my eyes again. “hey! You slept for almost 14 hours now, we need to explore paris! Come on poopy!” he said, pinching my cheeks. Aigooo this man.

And now I have no choice, but to wake up well I don’t want to waste our paris trip. “good girl! let’s eat breakfast then we get ready then we can go” he said chuckling then he kissed my cheeks. Sweet.

 

“oh! Hello dear! How’s your sleep? Come! And eat now” mama said as soon as she saw us going out of our room. “it’s fine ma, good morning” I greeted here, only to notice “where are they?” I asked mama, dad and ajussi is still not around “aissh, they are busy people dear.. they woke up early” she said. I pout a little. “I thought I will have time to hang out with dad” I said feeling a bit down a little. “oh, don’t worry dear, they promised to have a dinner with us later.” Mama said I guess to cheer me up.

“hey don’t worry poopy, we’re going to enjoy here okay? Now please eat and take your vitamins” oppa said.

 

“smile mommy!” oppa shouted as he clicked his camera we are now on Arc de Triomphe one of the best place here in paris, “let’s take picture together” he said after. But how? It’s just the two of us, mama said that it’s our time to spend together, she doesn’t want to be the third wheel, “silly how? I asked him, I don’t know how to speak French. Just then he went to a teenage girl, flashing her with his beautiful eyes smile he spoke with her in French.. O_o I never thought he knows how to speak it. I only knew, Korean and English. The girl gladly accept the camera he went to me smiling, then he puts his hand around my shoulder. “smile poopy!” he said, “1..2..3” said the girl and we both flashes our smile. He thanked the girl still in French, and went back to me carrying his DSLR.

 

“hey! I never know you can speak French!” I asked him a bit curious where did he learned it. He chuckle a little then answer me. “well, I only knew those words, I researched it last time, you know how to ask someone to take a picture of you in French, then that’s it! Google knows everything poopy” he said pinching my nose. “silly, I was very proud earlier that my boyfriend is soooooo great because he can speak French, I really thought you were really a genius earlier oppa” I said teasing him. “well, you’re right mommy,” he said smiling widely, and I notice he called me mommy more often now. “where to go next?” I asked him

The whole day we spend touring the whole paris, I’m a bit exhausted when we arrive at our place. And as expected we had a dinner with our dad’s and also we’ve talked about our plans for college, we open up our desire to take architecture and mine business administration. Ajussi was quite surprise when oppa said he’s going to take architecture.

“I know you don’t like it” ajussi said as he continue eating his food. “but that’s what you want dad” oppa answered busy with his food also. “I want you to do want you want son” ajussi simply replied. Which makes oppa pause for a while “you want me?” he asked a bit surprised. “yeah, you have your own family now, I want you to do want you want with your life, as long as you want it, I know you’ll be successful, and beside sulli’s here, well I hope she will manage the company” he said, I look at minho oppa’s face and he looks happy. “thanks dad” he said with sincerity. Our dinner filled with laughter, they continue to ask about our future plans, and well what happen when they were away from us, also they said how happy they our for us.

 

It’s about 9 in the evening when we went back to our place from the restaurant.

“I’m going to have a shower” I said to oppa, when we enter our room. “hmm, sure” he said then he went to our bed, he’s tired also.

It was just a quick shower I finished about 10 minutes, after it I wear a robe and put towel on my hair. I then went out of the bathroom to changed clothes.

 

“oh? Really I hope that works, god! I’m very anxious now” I heard Minho oppa talking to the phone with someone. “who’s that?” I suddenly asked curious of who is it, and what they are talking about. I saw him, surprised with my sudden appearance, “oh, it’s just taemin” he replied casually. “what are you talking about?” I continued to asked him. “just non sense, just don’t mind it.” He answered and then he bid goodbye to taemin. “really? Tell me” I said trying to convince him to tell me. “it’s nothing okay? Now.. I’m going to shower” he said then he went to the bathroom.

 

 

It’s near noon when I woke up, I turned to my said finding out that oppa wasn’t there anymore. I went out of our room, thinking he was just there with mama. “you’re awake” mama said she was sitting on the couch watching some Korean news. “yeah, I got very sleepy lately” I said sitting beside her. “oh, that’s part of pregnancy dear, I tell you when I was pregnant with Minho, I almost sleep 24 hours a day” she said laughing “what do you want to eat?” she asked me “nah, I’m not yet hungry ma, I just eat later at lunch” I said “where’s oppa?” I asked “oh, he’s out somewhere” she casually replied, “did he tell you where he was going?” I asked her again, “hmm, he said he’s going to buy stuffs taemin asked him to buy.. well he didn’t wake you up, because you were sleeping deeply” She answered, hmmm I had this feeling that something is up.

 

 

Lunch had passed, but oppa still not home, I’m getting quite nervous, he haven’t call nor send a message, mama keeps on telling me that he’s fine and he can handle his self. Okay.. but I miss him already.

 

 

It’s 6 in the evening and still there’s no oppa, mama went to our room and said I should get ready because we’re going to eat outside and she Minho will be go there straight. Okay! He’ll be dead later. He keeps a pregnant waiting for him, hmmm!

 

I then went to have a shower, and dressed I wore a black dress, a bit loose, my baby bump is growing big everyday. It’s above the knee, I then wore a silver flat shoes, as of now, I avoid wearing heels.

 

It’s 7:30 when we all arrived in the restaurant it’s a bit classy, the waiter leads us on the third floor I guess, the place is elegant in the third floor it’s only us.

 

The moment we enter the place the place went dark. A music then played. A slow music, I wasn’t that familiar of the song, but it’s really good to hear.

I was bit clueless but I saw my well our parents on the side smiling at me. Why?

The song continued, and some one on the side went out, he’s wearing a simple polo shirt, a pants. But he looks stunningly handsome with it. It’s him. Oppa

“wanna dance?” he asked as he reached my spot, he then hold my hands and place it to his shoulders, he then placed his hands on my waist.

“how’s the day without me?” he asked with a teasing voice. “well, a bit you know. Sad and boring..” I answered, I’m getting shy now. We’re on the center of the place alone dancing along with the slow music, with our parents on our side, just there happily watching us.

“you miss me?” he said as we continue to sway. What I can say? Everything is just romantic. “terribly” I replied as I giggle a little. “I know” he said “and I’m sorry” he added. Then the music stop, he then put his hands away from my waist, I’m getting more confused now. A bit anxious on what is going to happen.

He look at me with sincerity, “sulli, I know I’ve been telling you this for a thousand time, but then again I want to say it. If I’ve hurt you in the past, I’m really sorry, but I tell it’s all because I don’t want to lose you, If I’ve been coward to tell you my feeling I’m sorry, If I’m the biggest jerked on earth, I’m sorry. But one thing I want to tell you is, I love you soo much, I really do, and I’m willing to prove it you. But there is also one thing I want to asked.” He said still his eyes on me. “what?” my voice a bit low. Overwhelmed with the things he said. “Will you marry me?” he said, and then he pulled out a red box from his pocket and open it. He move down to his one knee and as kneeled in front of me he said. “I know it’s quite early, but I cant ask for more, I cant promise that I will not hurt you, but I will try my best to make you the happiest woman in the world, and I promise to be the best dad, for our baby” he said then he open the box, a silver ring and with a three diamond on front was placed inside. He’s still looking up to me, waiting for my answer, I moved my head to look at my dad, but he look at me and smiled. My eyes went back to oppa. He’s sincere and I know he loves me. I love him, and who I am to say no?. I look at him and smiled, tears started to flow from my eyes.
 

“YES” I said in a low voice. “yes?” he copied. What I said. “yes! I’m going to marry you oppa” I replied, feeling that I am the happiest woman in the world.