CHAPTER 4

MY RIVAL

 

Chapter 4

Sulli’s POV

 

The ride towards our school was short yet so long, it’s like the time was going slower and slower, it was a silent awkward ride, minho was not talking he was focusing on the road, he wasn’t even annoying me. “Just drop me outside of the school” I said to him not wanting the people inside the campus to see us together. It would shock everyone I know that “as you wish” he replied shortly.

 

 

As I walk inside the gate I saw amber walking towards the gate also, so I called her so that I will have company inside.

 

 

“oh? Sulli?” she asked me surprised. “yeah, why are you so surprised?” I ask her, “nah!, nothing, well It’s the first time, no one sent you here” he said smiling at me, well she’s true, my over protected dad, never want me to commute afraid of blah and blah “well, you know dad is not here anymore, so I can do anything I want” I said to her as we walk towards the school, and she just raised an eyebrow to me “really?” she said in surprised. “yeeah” I exclaimed happily. We then went straight to our lockers, and there are our friends waiting for us, including the bad jerk Minho. “annyeong!” I greeted them happily. “annyeong sulli, annyeong amber!” they greeted us back, then we all went to our class.

 

 

It’s easy than I think, I hope no one will know that we live together after 3 months I thought to myself, as we enter the room.

 

 

----------------

 

 

Pretty easy for the first week, it was easy for me to live at Minho’s house since we only see each other at school, in their house either he was out with the boys or stay in his room. And the time we’re alone is when we went to school, which I need to ride on his car.

 

 

“Practice later right?” he said suddenly, we’re on our way to school, I then pull out my schedule, “oh, yeah” I replied flatly, swimming practice later, which means.. Another competition with him.

 

 

“dropped me here” I said to him as we approached the gate of our school “I know right” he said not looking at me as he stepped on the brakes of his car. “Thanks for the ride” I said as soon as I got out, he just look out me and he stepped on the gas of his car and drove inside the school.

 

 

“Sunbae!” I heard a voice when I was walking towards the pool gym of our school. “oh! Suzy!” I said as she walk beside me, “excited for later?” she asked me smiling. “later?” “yeah, you know the usual competition” she said pointing the usual competition we had during first week practice every month. “oh yeah, I just remember that” I said smiling at her. “but, I really hope we will win this time” she said pouting at me. “let’s just do our best” “yes, sunbae” she said then we headed inside the dressing room and change to our swimming attire.

 

 

As we walk towards the pool we can here people laughing, and of course that’s the boys team of the swimming club always noisy.

 

 

“sulli’s here!” they shout as soon as they saw me walking in. “miss me?” I ask them. “of course, it’s the first week of February, and we gonna have some fun!” sehun one of the best swimmer and our classmate said. Yeah, when it comes to all the girls team here in our place, we can beat all of them, but we never did beat our own boys team, which made me more angry sometimes, because their annoying captain is my greatest rival, and again I’m just the number two. “let’s start then!” I challenge them. Good thing that all my members are already here, “girls are you ready?” I ask them loudly. “yes sunbae!” they all replied, energetic as usual. And all I can see is their annoying captain was sitting beside the pool and yawning.

 

 

“five vs. five then?” baekhyun one of the boys swimming team said, “it’s up to you” suzy replied. “so here, suzy vs. me, sehun vs. eunjung, Kai Vs. Min, chen Vs. Hana, and of course the two captains” baekhyun said. “fine then” I replied, as usual all they want is to see the two of us compete, it’s like an entertainment for them.

 

 

“so, here.. we can choose any style we want as long as we finished the raised, two laps each person” baekhyun stated. “yeah yeah” all of us, agreed. “so? Let’s start then before coach arrived and punish us!” he said excitedly.

 

 

“xiumin, you’ll be the referee, since you’re not joining” baekhyun called, and we now gather on the right side of the pool getting ready for our turn.

 

 

In a minute we all hear the first whistle, and the first two swimmer start diving on to the pool and the race begin!. Yeah yeah.. the two of them were they were almost have the same speed, we cheered on the two of them, but what bothers me more is Minho who seems not interested on the game, which unusual, he was just standing adjacent to me, and just waiting for his turn.

 

 

 

“way to go suzy!” Min shouted as we see that suzy is leaving baekhyun behind. Eunjung then dive on the pool as soon as suzy came back.

 

 

After a few minutes it’s now my turn to dive, I’m smiling silently because obviously boys were now all behind us, and I really hope we can beat them this time.

 

 

Hana is back and chen was halfway back. I still have a lot of time, and I can beat their finally.

 

 

I dive immediately, Im really happy, and to make things more easier I just use freestyle since I’m really faster with it. I heard another splash of water and I know minho had just dive on the water, I’m almost half way to reach the other end of the pool, and I can hear the girls cheering.

 

 

I can hear the water splashes closer and closer, and damn! This mermaid man, he’s on the same place with  me right now. I struggle more so that I can go further than him, I need to beat him, I keep saying on myself.

 

 

I was closer now closer on the end of the pool, and he’s behind, I kick on the wall of the pool so that I can turn back to finish the lap, and damn! My leg felt the cramps. and I suddenly remember that we the girls forgot to warm up first. And even though my legs hurt like , I struggle to paddle I need to win this.

 

 

I know that Im becoming slower as I endure the pain, I cannot failed this game, but I cant take it anymore, Im panting, nervous, and all feel is the pain on my both legs, I stopped in the middle of the pool, to aid my sore legs.

 

 

And crap! I forgot that the middle part of the pool was 10 ft. deep. And I slowly felt that my body is sinking.

 

 

Oh no! I’ll die for sure now,

 

 

I’m drowning. I can feel the water entering my mouth

 

 

And all I can think are my friends, they will be sad for sure, and my dad. Oh my god my dad. I can picture out his sad face now. Why? Why should my life end with this? I didn’t even manage to beat minho. Im such a failure. I can feel the tears flowing from my eyes.

 

 

“sulli!” “sulli!” I hear a deep voice calling me.

 

 

Could it be my savior? God, please save me. I raised my hands up so that he can see me, and I promised to thank this person for the rest of my life if he managed to save me.

 

 

“sulli!” “sulli! Hang in there, Im coming” I hear the deep voice again.

 

 

Please save me, is all I think.

 

 

After a few seconds, I felt hands wrapping me, and dragging me up.

 

“thank you” I murmur hugging the person who save my life tightly.

 

“hang in there, you’re safe” he said and I was crying now, I really thought I’ll die there.

 

Wait! I know this voice. I manage to glance to the face of the person who save me, and I know I’m correct.  And all of that, as I can now see is darkness.

 

 

--------------

 

 

 

“Sunbae? Sunbae?” I can hear my members calling me. I lazily open my eyes. Finally I cant feel my legs aching. “Im fine?” I asked them “yes, sunbae.” I hear hana said worriedly. “aigoo, sunbae we thought you died earlier. Good thing CPR saves you!”  Suzy exclaimed with horror in her words. “CPR?” I asked as my eyes widen. “you mean mouth to mouth resuscitation?” I asked them again. “Ne, sunbae, it’s really good thing that Minho sunbae, is trained to do it, or else you’ll die because of swallowing soo much water” Min said. “WHAT DID YOU SAY?” I said loudly. “what do you mean sunbae? That Minho sunbae was the one who done the CPR to you?” Min asked me. “are you sure?” I ask them I can now feel my whole body in disgust. CPR? CPR means. His mouth, and my mouth? Of my goodness. I think I should just died. Whoah! I think I’ll vomit just thinking of it. “yes, sunbae. Wow! It really took few more minutes before the water came out of your mouth. We are all very afraid. And you know, Minho sunbae was the one who saves you from the water. He swim really fast in the middle to catch you. Sehun and baekhyun jump to pool also, but minho sunbae catches you first, but you pass out while you’re hugging her tightly” suzy told me. And yeah,. That’s all I can remember, I’m really afraid earlier.

 

 

“SULLI!!” I heard, Jonghyun called loudly. And as I take a glance on my surroundings I guess I’m in the infirmary. “yaah! Sulli! You’re giving us an heart attack!” Victoria said, as they all entered the infirmary. “sorry” I murmur. But my mind keeps on flying back to the event in the pool. “where’s minho?” I asked them, and I can saw the surprised look in their eyes.

 

 

“oh, he’s home. He wasn’t feeling well, he said” taemin answered.

 

“oh” was my smart reply.