CHAPTER 23

MY RIVAL

 

CHAPTER 22

Minho’s POV

The day pass by, before I know it, my mind still cross on why sulli has been soo weird lately. This girl, is she having some problem? I need to make up some reason to our coach in swimming on why she’s again absent, because the last time I check she doesn’t have fever nor colds, she only said she’s not feeling well, so I end up saying she’s meeting her dad, who went home from Europe. And since sulli is a best swimmer coach, didn’t fuss about.

 

After our practice I was surprise to see someone leaning on my car.

 

“you’re here?” I asked her. “I just miss you oppa, I was calling you, but you’re not picking it up.” She said pouting. “sorry, I was on practice” I replied placing my bag inside the car. “I know” she said smiling at me. I opened the door on the passenger side. “get inside now” I said to her smiling. “thanks, gentleman as always, that’s why I love you” she said but I just responded her with a smile.

 

“can you suggest somewhere to go oppa? I still don’t want to go home” she said. I can see her face is down. “something wrong yuri?” I asked her. She faced the window. “well, mom and I had this little argument” she answered. “okay.. let’s talk about it later. Is it okay, that we go to our house?, I’ll just changed my clothes and then we can have dinner outside” I asked her. She nod and smiled at me.

 

“Let’s go?” I said to yuri as we went out of my car. Immediately mom went to open the door for us. “yuri? Dear. Long time no see” she said as soon as she saw yuri beside me, she then hug her and yuri kissed her on the cheeks. “Good evening ajumma” yuri greeted. “Oh, what brings you here?” mom asked. “I’m just going to changed my clothes, umma.. Then were going to have dinner outside. “Why? She can have dinner here, anyways it’s been long since I had a talk with her, right yuri?” mom said, come on, what are her plans now? I know that she doesn’t like yuri. “Is that okay with you?” I asked yuri. “Of course oppa, I’m glad to” she answered me with a small smile.

 

“Okay, that’s good, I’ll prepare dinner now” mom said then she proceed to the kitchen “okay ma, I’ll just changed my clothes” I said “please call sulli when you go down. I look at yuri, and I know she was kind of shocked. “sulli?” she said. No more on a question. “Yes” I said as I went upstairs, I know she’ll follow me. “She’s living here?” she asked. “Yes” I replied shortly. When we reached my room. “You never told me that oppa” she said, “is it important?” I asked her as I searched for a shirt to wear. “Of course! Come on! You’re living with a girl here” she asked her voice is kind of irritated. “And so? Our parents were the best of friends, and sulli was my childhood friend, were sharing the same group of friends” I replied. “I know that, but my point is you didn’t told me, all this time I thought you were just in-charged of fetching and sending her home because her dad wasn’t around” she said. Okay I know. “Sorry, it was our arrangement that no one will know that we are living together” I answered, she was now sitting on my bed, crossing her arms. “And that includes me? I’m your girlfriend!” her voice is getting louder. “What’s wrong with that? Okay.. I’m sorry that I didn’t tell you” I said to her, I’m getting annoyed already. “Because she’s a girl!” what’s her point? “You know what I mean Oppa” she said. Okay I know what she mean. “Nothing will happen to us, Yuri.. Believe me, I’m not the guy Sulli will want” I replied and I can feel bitterness in what I said. I know. I can never be someone she will love. But at least I can try.. but how?

 

“sorry.. please?” I said to her, as I bent down on her front so that our eyes were leveled now. I hold her hands.  “hmm.. okay” she replied and smiled at me, I guess she believed me, when I told her I’m not the guy sulli will want. “let’s go? mom is waiting for us downstairs” I said as I stood up, I held my hands to her. She grabbed it and we went out of my room.

 

“wait!, oppa, ajumma told us, that we should call sulli” she said. Oh crap! I almost forgot. How is she now? Still not feeling well?.. I then went in front of her door, why do I feel nervous? I then knock. “poopy.. dinner is ready, umma is calling us.” I said as I continued to knock the door. After a few seconds, she immediately opened the door, I saw her opening it with a big smile, like she was excited to see me. Is she? But it immediately fades out, why? “hi sull!” I heard yuri greeted her. “hi” sulli replied weakly. “still not feeling well?” I asked her.. “I’m fine” she replied. “just tell ajumma, I’ll be there in a bit. I’ll just changed my clothes. She said and without waiting for our reply she closed the door. K talking about her mood swings. Swear! It’s getting worse.

 

We were on the dining table. And mom prepared a lot of foods. Can we eat it all? I thought. We were just waiting for sulli to come down. “how’s school dear?” Mom asked yuri. “fine ajumma. Graduation is less than a month” she replied with a smile. “oh, speaking of that.. did minho already told you that we’re going to Europe right after the graduation?” mom told her. And crap! I still haven’t told her. I can see her getting shocked again. “mom! I just knew it the other day” I said. “well, I’m sorry that I was the one who told her that.” Mom said smiling. Yuri was just looking at me. “were going to visit their dads, me, minho and of course my baby girl sulli” mom said. “oh! Baby.. you’re here!, sit beside me” she said when she saw sulli approaching the dining area. And by the look of sulli I know she was surprised with mom calling her baby. Hahaha

 

The dinner was fast and okay.. mom is the only one who is talking a lot, usually we will just answer her with a yes, no or just simply nod our head. 

 

“thanks for the food, I’m going upstairs now” sulli said as she stood up from her chair. What’s wrong with her now? “goodnight everyone” she added.

 

“I guess I’m going home too” Yuri said. “oh? Okay dear” mom replied. “thanks for the food ajumma” yuri said,  “I’ll just send her home ma” I said then. We bid goodbye.

 

“something wrong?” I asked yuri who keeps on being silent, she didn’t say a word since we left our house. “nothing.. it’s just that.. you’re mom is soo closed with sulli, she even call her baby” she said. Aish mom, “of course she is, sulli doesn’t have a mom, and since my family is closed with her, mom stands as her mother.” I replied. “are you sure you’re mom didn’t want her to be her daughter in law?” she asked. I didn’t answer her immediately. I really don’t know what to say. “so I guess I’m right” she said.

 

“but I’m not letting you go” yuri said.