CHAPTER 1

MY RIVAL

 

CHAPTER 1.

 

Sulli’s POV

 

I was walking with my friends Krystal, Amber, Luna and Victoria towards the bulletin board on the ground floor not just long ago the principal announces that the list of the top students were released and were posted on the board. I hope that the day I was waiting for was today. That finally I could beat him. We went trough the student who gathered around the board. The five of us was usually on the top of the list, but more likely we all ten are included on the top 10. I slowly lifted my head glancing on the name listed on the number 1 spot. It says CHOI. … CHOI MINHO, aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh! Again???? I mumble to myself! He was top of me by .2 points?????

 

For almost 12 years I’ve been struggling to beat him on the number 1 spot of everything. But I never did, seriously am I that stupid or anything? Why am I always on the second spot? I started to question myself, this was the only thing on my mind since 12 years ago, to beat him but unfortunately I never did, Im always behind him.

 

 

 

“yaaaa! What’s with that face? If I were you I will be jumping because of joy now” amber poke me on the cheeks seeing my disappointed face. “Am I that stupid?” I suddenly ask her, I really felt that I’m idiot, that I am useless. “Of course not! You are the most talented, intelligent and pretty girl here, what are you thinking?” she asked me worriedly. “But why I’m still on number two? Why I can’t beat him?” I asked them “Sulli, don’t over think, we can’t control things there are just people who can do better than us” Victoria told me. I sigh. But still I can’t accept it. I promised that I will study very very hard for the next test. I then fake a smile a smile to them.

 

 

 

Actually Minho and I grew together, Our dad’s was the best of friends, I mean they grew up together, went to same school, same university, same course, same year of getting married, same year of having a child.  They were also same single now. Not like other kids, Minho and I use to be rival also, since we were kids, we always try win against each other. I didn’t know how it started. The 3 times a week dinner together didn’t even help improve our relationship , actually were not that enemy when we’re with our dads we behave, but when it comes to school we tend to have a cold war. Competing in everything. He was this kind of man who is always quiet, seems to concentrate on everything but when it comes to class, he answer every question like a genius. He always hang out with his friends like a typical teenager, playing sports, always out with them and yeah he’s really seems to be playboy since every girls are fan of him.

 

 

While on the other hand I am a study freak who study 24/7 well not literally but I do study hard, every night, every free time I had, and even during vacation. My dad would always scold me during an exam week. he always says, “STOP STUDYING FOR GOD SAKE!! YOU LOOKS LIKE A LOST GHOST”, well my white skin didn’t help me, because during exam week I would always have sleepless nights studying everything even forgetting eating food, I was always pale and dark circle Is always visible in my eyes.

 

 

 

The two of us actually shares the same group of friends, which consist of Onew, Jjong, key, Taemin, Victoria, Luna, amber, Krystal, Minho, and me. We’re friends since primary school but we are the only one who didn’t get along and well beside us, everyone was perfect. For almost 2 years now Onew and Victoria were dating. Our group were the one that envied by everyone, even though Minho and the boys well except for Onew, plays around with girls it can’t be denied that we were on the top 10 of student on the list, so teachers were really not against us. They actually love us, we are somewhat the leaders at school. On the Dance club Minho, I, Taemin and Krystal are members we four usually are the one who makes the choreography, Taemin was the president since we two were already president on the swimming club, He is paired up with Krystal who was in-charge with girls. The Music Club is lead by Onew, Victoria, Luna and Jjong, and even though I really love singing, I didn’t manage to be a member since student was limited to two clubs only, initially I want to be in this club but since minho choose dance club I have no choice but to choose that too. Competition of course. Well key and Amber were members of the art club, they manage everything like designing during activities in-charge of costumes during play and etc.

 

 

 

I’ve snapped backed at reality when I heard my dad’s car honked. Just then I noticed that I’ve been staring on the ceiling thinking about the things between the two of us.

 

 

 

 

I excitedly run down on the living room, welcoming my dad. My dad was pretty young given that he married when he was 20, and I’m now 19, I jumped off on the stairs hugging him. “APPA!” I screamed happily and kissing him on the cheeks. Yeah I’m a daddy’s girl, and I really really love him. “How’s your day baby?” he asked me “well, you know it’s fine.. Yeah fine” I trailed fidgeting my fingers. “Hmmm, the result are out?” he suddenly asked, I nod at him. “You know what, it’s really fine, and you don’t have to force yourself.” He said to me, he knows me very well. “You must learn how to accept baby, you should not punish yourself, just because you are behind him. God! Who cares you’re still the number 2!” he said, squeezing my arms, he’s right.. But I’m not good at this, accepting my defeat especially from him. “I will be number 1 dad, believe me” I told him and I sit on the couch turning on the television.

 

 

 

“Well baby, I will discuss something later.” My dad said as he went upstairs to his room, probably changing clothes. “Okay” I shout replying him.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Well, you know our company is really doing well right now. And you know what we signed up earlier with a client from Europe!” my dad said excitedly while we eats our dinner, “foreign client? That’s good then!” I squealed, “What company?” I added asking him.

 

 

“B&E Hotel” he simply answered. “Well, congrats dad.. Wow! It’s amazing, they are investing from a Korean company specifically our company CHOI’s Company, and specially coming here to sign with you” I said to dad. “Well, you know our companies had the best Engineers and architects and they want a Korean ambiance on their hotel that’s why they contact us." “Well, yeah you know I would kind of hard for them since you’re here” I casually said swallowing the foods in my mouth. “Well, this is the thing..” my dad trailed “you know, part of the contract was.. Someone from the company should be present during the construction. And” he said, somehow I didn’t feel good about what he is going to tell. “And we decided that it’s better if the two of us will come there” he said. “oh! Well good for you dad!” I answered him, somehow it’s good for them having a vacation, well more on business type but it’s still good, they were always busy with the company and not having break. “Baby, we’ll be staying there until the construction finish” he said softly but I nearly choke with my food, and he hands me water. “WHAT???” I asked him loudly. “We’ll be staying there until construction finish” he answered me. “How long?” I ask him. “Well, calculating it, construction would last for about 3 months.” He answered me, which makes me choke again. “HOW ABOUT ME?” I ask him loudly. “baby, don’t worry, your Uncle jungmo and I talked about it already, and we decided that for the next three months you will be living on their house, your Aunt jihye actually requested that she wants you to stay with them, you know how much she likes you right?, and also it won’t be safe for you to stay alone here.”

 

 

 

“NO WAY!!! Now way in hell I’ll be living with him!” I screamed at dad, making him quite shock. “Well baby, you got no choice, I’m not leaving you alone here, and whether you like it or not you’ll be moving there this weekend, end of conversation” he said to me, god! I’m going to pass out now. No I can’t believe it. Maybe I was dreaming..and I need to wake up now. I tried pinching my cheeks..and It’s real.

 

 

 

No, no way,

 

 

 

I’m not going to live with him.