Chapter 2

Oh! Brother

 

"Oh no no no no no." I grabbed my dads arm and lead him down the hallway. "Okay what the hell?!" I yelled.

 

"Minji watch your mouth." he scolded me. "Sorry," I bowed, "but if you think I'm sharing a room with him. You've lost your mind."

 

"Look Qui was evicted from her apartment and she has no where to go." he said.

 

"Ha! I knew she just wanted your money." I pointed my finger in the air. "Actually no," Qui slowly made her way towards me. I backed away, whoa where did she come from?

 

"Our apartment was burned down by some careless teenager and everyone had to leave." she said. "O-oh." Once again I felt like a complete jackass.

 

"I'll never marry your father for his money, I'm not that type of person Minji." she said with the most kind look on her face. Crap! She's good. 

 

I closed my eyes, "sorry Qui, but how do you except a girl like me and a guy like your son to live in the same room?" I asked. "Well I raised my son with manners and I know he won't do anything to disrespect you or your belongings." she replied.

 

"Besides this is temporary until we clear out the basement and Yixing can move in there." my dad said. "he gets the basement? That's not fair!" I complained.

 

"Minji." my dad said.

 

"Sorry." 

 

"I hope we can all get along," Qui grabbed my hand. I was surprised. "Soon we're going to be a family and I can proudly say you're my daughter." she smiled.

 

"Uh..." I pulled my hand away, "y-yeah...well bye." I quickly ran to my room. "What a weird lady." I said to myself as I stepped into my room.

 

"My mom's not weird." I heard someone say. I shot up and saw Yixing clearing the spare bed in my room where all my stuff animals would sleep.

 

"Yah what are you doing?!" I quickly ran and grabbed Porky from him. "Did the evil man hurt you?" I asked as I him. 

 

"Aren't you too old to be playing with that?" Yixing asked bringing his suitcase on the bed crushing Lola.

 

"Lola!" I cried and tossed his suitcase aside, "my poor baby." I rocked her in my arms.

 

"You got to be kidding me." Yixing said. I glared at him, "what?! I had her since I was 1." He shook his head, "look I don't like this as much as you do okay." he said.

 

"What?" I asked placing Lola gently down. "Do you think I like seeing my mom getting re-married?" He asked. "I'm guessing no." I replied by the tone of his voice.

 

"I hate it as much as you, but unlike you I care about my mothers happiness." he said. "I care too!" I complained. "Oh yeah?" he suddenly got close to me. "Y-yeah." I backed away.

 

"Then I'm guessing the way you acted today was your way of welcoming us with open arms." he said. "Look Xiying-" "It's Yixing." he cut me off.

 

"What ever. My father never mention you or your mother to me okay! He never even told me he was dating let alone getting married. Sorry if the way I acted was immature and stupid, but I felt completely betrayed by my own father." I finished and sat on the bed.

 

"And you think I have it easy?" He said. "Most of my things were burned down and now I have to move to a completely new place and go to a new school. I already miss my old life."

 

"That's not my fault!" I cried. "I never said it was!" he yelled making me jump. It was our first day and already we were at each others throats.

 

"Look I'm sorry for yelling and everything." he said. I sighed, "me too." "Look this is only temporary I'll be out of here soon so until then let's just act like we're getting along." he grabbed Lola and tossed her at me.

 

"At least for our parents." he said. I blew my hair out of my face, "fine! But you better not touch SAMMI!"

~~~~

"Okay so I get the left and you get the right." Yixing said while he finished taping down the floor. "But why do you get the t.v?" I complained.

 

"Because you got the restroom." he said getting. "I guess that's fair." I said going to my bed. "And neither one of us steps on the others side." he said.

 

I grabbed Lola, "or we have to give them $5." He nodded, "deal." I smiled and looked at the clock, "omo it's already 3 a.m! I have school tomorrow." I ran to the t.v.

 

"No way!" Yixing pushed me back. 

 

"What?!" 

 

"This is my side." he said pointing at the floor. "But I need to do my homework and my book bag's next to the t.v." I said. "Sorry if you want to pass you need to give me $5." he said.

 

"B-but-" 

 

"Looks like I'm going to be rich in no time." Yixing said laying on his bed and kicking his legs up. I bit my lips, "screw it! I don't need it I'll just copy my friends." I said walking to my bed.

 

Yixing smiled, "or you could have just asked nicely and I could have handed it to you." My mouth fell, don't fall for it Minji. I turned off the lights and angrily closed my eyes.

 

~Beep Beep Beep~

 

I quickly turned off my alarm. It was barely 5 a.m. I decided to set an alarm to sneak to his side and grab my book bag before he wakes up. 

 

I slowly checked to see if he woke up, everything's clear he's still asleep. I crotched down and started to crawl. Quiet Minji he can wake up.

 

I held my breath as I reached the end of my line. I checked to see if he was still asleep, now's your change go! I quickly crawled and snatched my bag before Yixing could wake up.

 

"Yes." I cheered and quickly turned around. "AH!" I yelled seeing that Yixing was awake and sitting next to me. "You're caught." he said standing up.

 

"H-how d-did you do-"

 

"That's $5." he cut me off and held out his hand. "That's not fair!" I got up, "this is my room." "But we made a deal." he said. 

 

"Well deals off." I got down and started to tear the tape off. "Hey what are you doing?!" Yixing grabbed my hand. "Let go this is my room." I pushed him away.

 

"Not fair! We made a deal." He got back down and grabbed my hands again. "I said let go!" I tried to pull away, but accidently tripped over one of my stuff animals and landed on top of him.

 

"Ow!" I cried as I banged my head against his. "Crap." Yixing said rubbing his head. I opened my eyes and noticed I was on top of him. My heart started to race, I've never seen him this close. And he's not so ugly. In fact, he's completely gorgeous.

 

"Are you going to get off?" he asked brining me back to reality. I shook my head and got up, "sorry." 

 

"Damn you have a hard head." he said rubbing his head. I turned away trying to control my racing heart, "uh I have to go." 

 

"It's 5 in the morning." he said, but I ignored him and closed the door behind me. I lead against the door and grabbed onto my racing heart, "what's going on?"

 

~~~~

 

"Minji." I felt something poke my cheek. I groaned and turned away. "Minji wake up." they said. "5 more minutes." I said pulling the covers over my heard.

 

"Yah Minji get up." Suddenly I felt something slap my . I quickly got up, "omo what was that?!" I looked around and saw my dad smiling, "I'm guessing the first night didn't go so well." he said.

 

I stretched my arms, "appa we need a new couch." I said. He laughed and messed with my hair, "hurry it's already 7:20." My eyes widen, "what?! When were you going to tell me? I'm so late." I quickly got up and ran to my room.

 

I opened the door. "Ahh!" Yixing yelled. He was in the middle of changing clothes. My eyes widen and I quickly closed the door, "sorry." 

 

"Don't you knock?" he asked. "There's a lock on the door for a reason you know!" I yelled through the door. "Hurry I need to get ready." I banged on the door.

 

It opened suddenly making my hit Yixing in the chest repeatedly, "ow!" he cried. "Oh move!" I pushed him aside and closed the door making sure I locked it.

 

"Yixing make sure you listen to your teachers and if you need help you can always ask Minji for help." Qui said while we drove to school.

 

We both looked at her in disbelief. "Mom I'm not a kid I can find myself around." Yixing said turning to the window. "Minji, he's really shy and quiet. Please introduce him to some people." Qui told me.

 

"Mom!" 

 

I smiled, "don't worry Qui I'll take care of him...not." I whispered the last part. "I heard that." Yixing whispered to me. I rolled my eyes and placed my head phones on.

 

"Yixing walk home with Minji and make sure she does not go to the mall." my dad told Yixing. "Don't worry sir I'll make sure-" "Okay bye." I said pushing him away.

 

"Bye honey, make good choices." Qui said. I laughed, "wow momma's boy much?" Yixing looked at me, "brat much?" I smacked my teeth, "well since I'm such a brat I guess I'll just leave." I said walking away.

 

Yixing scoffed, "I don't need your help." he said pulling out his schedule. I smirked, he's not going to make it.

 

~~~~

 

"Omo Minji did you hear?" Hani, my best friend, came running to me. "What?" I asked getting excited, Hani always has the best gossip in this school.

 

"Tao finally broke up with his girlfriend." She replied. "Ah!" I started to jump.

 

I've only had the biggest crush on Tao since forever. Ever since we were kids we were in the same kung-fu class. But I never had the guts to talk to him. Till this day I still find it hard to talk to him.

 

"Really?" I asked her. She nodded, "last night via Facebook. He even changed his status." I started to jump again, "we need to celebrate." I said.

 

"How?" Hani asked.

 

We both gave each other 'the look.'

 

"SHOPPING!!" we cheered.

 

"Oh I also heard theres a new kid." she said as we stopped jumping. "Oh," my shoulders sank, "I don't care about that." I said walking to my desk.

 

"Really? I heard he's super hot and is already a part of EXO." she said. My mouth fell open, "what?!

 

EXO is a part of a group within the school that consist of 11 hot guys. Tao being a part of it. They're basically the kingkas of the school and drive every girl crazy. Including me.

 

And Yixing was now a part of it?!

 

~~~~

 

Well the rumors were true. Yixing is officially apart of EXO. How? I have absolutely no idea. I'm not sure if I should be happy or mad. I mean would he give me a chance to get closer to Tao.

 

Most likely not. I hated this, I've been here all my life and was never apart of the queenkas. Yixing here one day and bam! He's apart of the kingkas.

 

By the end of the day I was already annoyed. "So I saw some really cute boots on sale." Hani said grabbing my arm. "Hani you've read my mind."I smiled as we existed the school gate.

 

"Minji!" I heard my name being called. I turned around and saw Yixing coming my way followed by a group of girls. "Omo does he know you?" Hani whispered.

 

"No, let's go." I said pulling her away. "Minji!" he called again, "where are you going?" he asked. "The mall." I replied.

 

"But your father said you can't go." he said. "He knows your dad?" Hani asked completely shocked. I looked at her and sighed, "it's a long and tiring story."

 

"Come on we need to go home." Yixing said suddenly grabbing my hand and started to take me away. Leaving the group of girls and Hani completely shocked.

 

I turned around and saw people stop and stare. I slowly started to smile, maybe Yixing being a kingka won't be so bad. I thought completely liking the attention I was getting.

 

 

________________________________________

 

 author's note 

» hope you enjoyed! Sorry if there's typos, it's 2 in the morning and I'm too tired to go over it. Please comment and subscribe^^