Chapter 4

Oh! Brother

 

"Omo Minji what happened yesterday?" Hani asked as soon as I entered the school gates.

 

"What do you mean?" I asked still tired from this morning. "You know...with Lay." She nudged me. "Oh him," I yawned, "nothing."

 

"Nothing! The whole school is talking about you." She said. "Really?!" I fixed my hair, "what are they saying?" I asked eager to know that people are actually talking about me.

 

"That you and Lay are dating." she replied. "Eww!" I almost puked, "me and that mama's boy are not dating."

 

"Mama's boy?" Hani asked. "Uh never mine, have they been saying anything else?" I asked.

 

Hani thought, "uh...nope other than that they're just interested in Lay." she replied. My spirit died, "oh..." Stupid Fritos Lay.

 

"That he's mysterious and handsome and has an amazing voice." Hani went off in her little world.

 

"Yah Hani!" I snapped my fingers, "you're losing it." "Sorry." she blushed, "he's just really cute." I gave her a weird look, "Hani are you okay?" I placed my hand on her forehead, "I think you're sick."

 

She put my hand down, "come on before the bell rings." 

 

~~~~

 

"Today class we're going to learn about the writing's of Edgar Allen Poe." my English teacher said. Boring. I brought the text book up to block him. 

 

"Yah did you get the new issue of Elle Girl?" I whispered to Yoona. She looked at the teacher than at me, "yes." she whispered back. 

 

I sprung up, "can I see it?" I wasn't able to buy it yet since the last time I was caught in class reading one and they called my dad.

 

Yoona slowly reached in her book bag, "you better not get caught." she whispered slowly handing it to me. I looked at Mr. Song who was writing on the board. 

 

"I won't" I whispered back and grabbed it before he could turn around. 

 

"Now Edgar was a very depressed man..." I opened the first page of the magazine, "ah SHINee's on the front page." I squealed silently.

 

I began to read page by page completely ignoring the fact that I was in English class. 

 

"Ms. Lee can you pick up where we left off?" Mr. Song asked. "Wow Taemin looks so manly here." I replied. The class burst into laughter.

 

"Ms. Lee?" Mr. Song came to my desk and slammed the text book down reveling that I was reading a magazine. My eyes widen, "h-hey Mr. Song...is that a new hair cut?" I asked smiling.

 

"Nice try, hand it over." he held his hand out. "B-but-" "No but's." he snatched it away. "You know what to do." he said pointing outside. 

 

I looked down and slowly got up, "sorry." I whispered to Yoona as I headed out. "Close the door." Mr. Song said. I bowed and closed it.

 

"This !" I complained as I kneeled down and put my arms in the air. "I didn't even get to read their interview." I complained. I had to stay in this uncomfortable position for the remainder of the class. 

 

I was already exhausted by the first 10 minutes, "this should be illegal." I said out loud. I heard laughter coming from the end of the hall. I turned to look and saw Tao walking with...Lay!

 

"Crap!" I quickly got up. "Ms. Lee get back down." Mr. Song ordered. "B-but-" I can see them coming closer. "I need to pee." I quickly ran.

 

I could hear the class laugh, but I ignored it. "Hey isn't that Minji?" I heard Tao say. I froze, he knows my name. "Minji hey!" he said. 

 

I slowly turned around, "h-hey." I waved shyly. I saw Lay make his way with Tao. "How have you been?" Tao asked. "Huh?" I looked at him completely taken off, he's actually talking to me.

 

"I heard your dad got promoted that's awesome." he smiled. I looked away and blushed, "y-yeah..." Tao knows my dad since childhood. Well more like his family knows my family blah blah blah.

 

"Have you met my friend Lay?" he asked bringing him forward. I looked at him, "no." Lay seemed taken back, "what?" 

 

"I heard you two walked home together after school yesterday." Tao nudged his arm. "It was nothing really." I quickly said. "Really that's not how I remember it." Lay said.

 

I sent him a death stare, "don't." I mouthed. "We actually went out for ice cream and walked on the beach." Lay smirked turning to Tao.

 

I wanted to rip out his throat. "Whoa really?" Tao laughed, "I prefer walking alone, but you my friend," he put his arm over him, "are a lady's man." he said walking away.

 

I clenched my fist, "ugh stupid Fritos Lay." I hissed. "Ms. Lee get back here!" I heard Mr. Song yell. I jumped slightly, "y-yes sir." and ran back.

 

~~~~

 

"So are you going to Chanyeol's party?" Hani asked as we existed the school gate. "I don't know." I replied. "What?! You have to go! It's the party of the year everyone's going and I mean everyone." Hani grabbed my arm.

 

"Ow." I pulled away, "besides after today I don't think my dad's ever going to let me go out. That's the 5th time this month that Mr. Song called my dad."

 

"Well maybe you should pay attention." Hani said. I looked at her, "you're kidding me right?" She laughed, "you have to come." she grabbed my arm again.

 

I sighed, "fine when is it?" I asked. "This Saturday." Hani replied. "That's tomorrow!" I freaked out. "Yeah why?" she asked.

 

"I have nothing to wear!" I replied and ran off. "Where are you going?!" Hani yelled. "The mall." I replied.

 

"I don't know should I go with classy or y?" I asked Hani while I held up two completely different dresses. "Minji, this party is being run by Chanyeol."

 

"y!" we both said. Chanyeol is known for throwing the most crazy parties, full of hot guys and alcohol. "So I heard Lay's in the music club." Hani said.

 

"Can we go with two minutes without you mentioning something about Lay?" I asked completely annoyed. "Sorry it's just...he's so perfect." she replied.

 

"Hani he is not that awesome." I said going through another rack of clothes. "How would you know?" she asked. I took a deep breath, "just trust me okay."

 

~~~~

 

"So tomorrow at 7 you better be ready." Hani said as the bus came to my stop. "I promise I'll be there." I said as I existed the bus. I walked a couple blocks to my house when I noticed I had a shopping bag with me.

 

"Crap!" I cursed and quickly hid behind a bush, "if my dad see's me I'm totally dead." I said out loud. "You know talking to yourself is the first sign of losing it." I heard someone say behind me.

 

"Ah!" I jumped up and turned around, it was Lay. "What the heck is your problem?!" I slapped his arm.

 

"Ow sorry, but it looks like someone's in trouble." he said pointing at my bag. "Where have you been?" I asked him. "With the guys, something about a party tomorrow and wanting me to be there." he replied walking up the stairs to the front door.

 

I quickly grabbed his back bag and pulled him down. "Ah what the-" "Take this." I handed him my shopping bag. "What?" he gave me a weird look.

 

"Just shove it in your book bag please." I begged. "Why should I?" he asked rejecting it and going back up. "Please Lay I need your help." I cried.

 

He turned around and crossed his arms. "You want my help?" I nodded, "just this once please." I pouted. "Fine," he snatched the bag away, "but promise me you'll never make that face again."

 

I rolled my eyes and pushed him aside, "if my dad asks where we were just say we were at the library studying." I told him. "Yeah yeah whatever." Lay said.

 

I opened the door, "we're home!" I called out. "Minji where have you been?" my dad came storming in. "We were at the library right Yixing?" I looked at him.

 

"Yeah sure." he replied walking away. "Minji I got a call from Mr. Song again." he crossed his arms.

 

I bit my lip, "really?" "Yes really! How many times do I have to tell you that you need to pay attention in class?!" he yelled. 

 

"Honey leave her alone." Qui came and grabbed his arm, "she's just a girl."

 

"Girl my ! This is the 10th time I was called." "5th." I corrected him.

 

"Are you talking back to me?!" he stepped forward. "Honey relax." Qui rubbed his arm, "I'm sure Minji apologized to Mr. Song." she said turning to me.

 

I nodded, "y-yes I did and I promise I'll never do it again." "You said that last time and the time before that and the time before that." my dad went on and on.

 

"But I mean it this time." I said. "I don't want to hear it Minji, you're grounded for two weeks." he said. "What?!" I've never been grounded in my whole life.

 

"That's not fair!" I yelled. "I don't care I run this house and I do what I want!" my dad yelled back. "Well this house !" I cried and ran upstairs.

 

"Minji-" Qui grabbed my arm. "Leave me alone!" I yanked my arm away. 

 

I quickly closed the door behind me, "stupid dad I hate him." I wiped my tears away. "You know you really shouldn't act like that to your parent." Lay said.

 

"Shut up!" I threw myself on the bed and covered my face with a pillow and let out a big scream. After I got done releasing my anger I sat up.

 

Lay was strumming a guitar. "What are you doing?" I asked getting and walked over to his book bag to take out the shopping bag. 

 

"It's called tuning a guitar." he replied. "Oh sorry." I held my hands up. "I didn't know you played guitar." I said walking away to hang the dress up so it wouldn't get wrinkled.

 

"Yeah I play lots of instruments." he said. "Uh I can't believe my dad." I stomped my foot completely ignoring him. "He's such a jerk."

 

"Maybe he's just doing his job, you know, being a parent." Lay said putting the guitar down. 

 

"Well he at it." I crossed my arms.

 

"Yixing! Minji! Dinner." I heard Qui yell. We both turned to the door, "you coming?" Lay asked getting up. "No." I turned away.

 

Lay sighed, "I'll sneak you some later." 

 

"Thank you."

 

~~~~

 

"Ah I need my phone!" I tossed to the other side of the bed. "It's been four years I need my phone!" Okay I may have over exaggerated, but I need it!

 

I need to text Hani and tell her how much I hate my dad. I need to check up on Facebook and make sure Tao's still single. I need to read fanfics!

 

Suddenly the door open and I shot up. Lay came in holding a tray. "Finally!" I ran to him and took the tray from him, "I've been starving."

 

"You're welcome." Lay said closing the door. "Thank you." I smiled as I grabbed a spoonful of noddles and shoved it in my mouth. 

 

"Mmm this is so good." I said while I took another bite. Lay went at sat on his bed, "you know your dad's really bad at hiding things." he said.

 

I took a sip of the soda, "what do you mean?" Lay reached into his pocket and pulled out my cell phone, "look what I got." he said holding it up.

 

My eyes widen and I dropped the spoon, "my phone." I ran to him and grabbed it. "I thought you might want it back." Lay said smiling.

 

"Oh Lay I can kiss you right now." I said.

 

"What?" he asked completely shocked.

 

"Wait what?"

 

________________________________________

 

 author's note 

» oh what's going on there!! haha I love Lay so much. Please comment and subscribe^^