Chapter 16

Oh! Brother

 

"Lay!" Tao pulled him to the side. I quickly went to Hani's side, she looked completely broken. Like she just witnessed a dog get run over right in front of her.

 

"Hani," I patted her back, "h-he's just kidding." I laughed trying to pass it off. "Do I really smell bad?" she asked in the most crushed tone ever. "Of course not, you smell nice." I replied.

 

"Then why would he say that?" she was on the verge of crying. "That's just his way of joking," I laughed out loud, "good one Lay." I gave him a thumbs up, but Hani didn't buy it. "Wait." I told her and went to Lay.

 

"Excuse us." I told Tao. "Yeah sure, Lay remember what I told you." Lay shrugged his shoulders. "whatever." I sighed and pulled him to the side.

 

Once we were far I let him go. "What the heck?!" I yelled and threw my hands in the air. "What?" Lay asked. "Why would you say that?!" I was fuming. "I was being honest." Lay replied in his stupid monotone.

 

I shook my head, "Hani spent all morning getting nice and ready for you." I said trying not to smash his face into the cement wall. "The least you could do is appreciate her." Lay looked away, "did I tell her to do that?"

 

"You don't have to say anything!" I yelled. "It's just an instinct for us girls to get all nice and pretty for you guys. And what do we get in return? You smell really bad." Lay looked at me, hopefully he was starting to feel bad.

 

"Not only did you hurt Hani, but you hurt me too." I cried, "y-you have no idea what us girls g-go through." I began to cry. Hopefully Lay would fall for my trick and apologize. "Minji I'm sorry." he patted my back, "I-I didn't mean it."

 

I pushed his hand away, "go tell Hani that not me." I cried. Lay sighed, "fine." he said leaving. I looked down and smiled, "good boy." I wiped my fake tears away, I should be an actress when I grow up.

 

I followed behind Lay as he approached Hani, who was sniffing her dress. "Hani," Lay spoke up. Hani looked at him, "yeah?" I went to Lay's side and bumped into him slightly. "I'm sorry." Lay finally apologized, "you don't smell bad and I'm also sorry for being late." he bowed 90 degrees.

 

Hani's eyes widen, "omo it's okay." she quickly went to his side. I smiled and walked next to Tao, "what did you do?" he asked whispering to me. I looked at him, "just made him feel like a complete jerk." I replied.

 

The four of us walked to the counter. "The movie I wanted to watch is almost over." I complained crossing my arms, "thanks to someone." I glared at Lay. He looked away. "What about a comedy?" Tao suggested.

 

I nodded, "sounds good." I turned to Hani and Lay, "is that okay with you guys?" Hani looked at Lay, "if it's okay with Lay." she said. I looked at Lay, he let out a loud sigh. I cleared my throat, he better change that attitude of his before I beat him up.

 

"It's fine with me." he finally replied. "Yes!" Hani cheered and locked her arms with his, but Lay quickly pulled away. "Great," I turned to Tao, "comedy it is."

 

~~~~

 

LAY POV

 

Dang! My idea of being a jerk back fired. Instead of making Hani mad, I made Minji mad. Which was something I didn't want to do. Tao handed me my ticket, "Lay and I will get snacks, you two go find seats." he told Minji. She nodded and walked off with Hani.

 

I let my breath out, "finally she's gone." I said softly. "Just give her a chance Lay, Hani's a really nice girl." Tao said as he headed to the popcorn stand. "I was talking about Minji." I said. Tao laughed, "you two seem close." he said.

 

I grew stiff for a split second, "she's just my lab partner in marine science remember." I tried playing it off. Tao bought it, "two large popcorn and two large sodas." he told the employee. "Yes." she replied and went to the back.

 

"There's four of us." I told him holding up four fingers. "Yeah," Tao smiled, "it's called sharing." He hit my head slightly, "haven't you ever been on a date before?" he asked. I swallowed, "y-yeah...all the time." I lied. This time Tao didn't buy it.

 

 

"Excuse me, pardon me." I said as I tried to reach the girls, why did they have to sit right in the middle? I finally reached them and sat down, "finally." I let out my breath and placed the large soda in the cup holder. Minji cleared , "what?" I looked at her.

 

"That's Tao's seat." she said pointing at my seat. I looked up and saw Tao still standing. "Oh sorry." I quickly got up and walked pass Minji accidently hitting her in the head with my elbow. "Oh sorry-" "Ah just so!" she pushed me and rubbed her head. 

 

I fell and landed on something soft, I turned my head and saw Hani underneath me. "Oh!" I quickly got up. She smiled and looked away, "it's okay." she smiled. I mentally hit myself and sat next to her, far from Minji and Tao. I looked over and saw Tao checking Minji's head.

 

I rolled my eyes and sat back, I barely touched her. The lights went dim and people quickly got quiet. "It's starting." Hani whispered. "Really? I had no idea." I said sarcastically and grabbed a handful of popcorn before stuffing my face.

 

People laughed at a couple parts of the movie, but I was completely bored. The movie consisted on stupid jokes (mostly erted) and bad acting. I yawned and sat back. "Haha!" Hani broke into laughter, I glared at her. "Be quiet." I scolded her. She looked at me surprised, but turned back to the screen and smiled.

 

I rolled my eyes and looked pass her. Tao was whispering something to Minji which caused her to laugh. They're not even watching the movie, what a waste.

 

"Lay can you pass the popcorn?" Hani whispered, keeping her eyes on the screen. I sighed and gave it to her, "take it all you pig." I insulted. I was waiting for Hani to get upset and sad. But instead she just laughed at the screen, "thanks." she said taking the bucket.

 

I scoffed, "I just called you a pig." Hani looked at me, "thanks you too." she said before turning back to the screen. My mouth fell open, did she just call me a pig?

 

"Hani-" "Omo hahaha!" she laughed taking a couple of popcorn and placing them in . I rolled my eyes and looked over at Minji. Tao had his arm around her shoulder and the two were laughing. My mouth fell open and I got up.

 

"Yah sit down!" someone behind yelled. I quickly got down, "I'm going to the restroom." I whispered to Hani. She nodded, "okay get a refill please." she said handing the soda to me. I scoffed and pushed it away, "get it yourself." I said before walking away.

 

"Oops sorry." I purposely bumped into Tao making his popcorn fall to the ground. "Lay." Minji cried. "Sorry." I apologized. "It's okay we can go out for dinner after." Tao said leaving the popcorn and turning back to the screen. "Yay." Minji cheered and sat back getting closer to Tao.

 

I scoffed and walked off, I couldn't take this disgusting sight anymore.

 

~~~~

 

MINJI POV

 

"Omo that was amazing." I said throwing the trash away. "Especially when they found the two guys in that awkward position." Hani added. "Yeah that part was just hilarious." I said with a huge grin. "So you girls liked it?" Tao asked. "Yes." we both chimed together.

 

"Hey where's Lay?" Tao asked looking around. "He said he needed to use the restroom." Hani said. "You think he's still in there?" I asked. "I'll go check." Tao said running off.

 

I turned to Hani and shrugged my shoulders, "so you think they'll make a part two?" I asked as we walked to a bench.

 

 

"Lay's not there." Tao came back, "I checked every restroom." he added. I got up, "he ditched us?" I clenched my fist, aish really Lay? "I called him, but he won't answer." Tao said taking his phone out. I turned to Hani, "sorry." She smiled and waved her hand, "it's okay I still had fun. Why don't you two go without me." she said walking away.

 

"N-no we can go together right Tao?" "Yeah it's okay we can all go get something to eat." he said. Hani shook her head, "no thanks besides I have curfew." she said turning down the offer and walked away. "Bye guys." Hani waved. "Bye." Tao and I both waved back, I swear you're going to pay Lay.

 

 

Tao and I walked around for a while, "so where do you want to go?" he asked. I shrugged my shoulders, "where ever." I replied. "Hum," Tao thought out loud, "how about pizza?" he suggested. I smiled and nodded, "I'll like pizza." Tao smiled and held out his arm, "lets go." I took it and we walked off, arms locked.

 

"One medium pepperoni with hot wings on the side." the waitress placed the pizza down. "Mmm." I took in the delicious smell of freshly backed bread. "Enjoy and let me know if you need anything." the waitress bowed before leaving.

 

I bit my lip and quickly grabbed the first slice. I pulled it up as the cheese slowly detached itself from the rest. "Thanks Tao." I said before taking a bite.

 

"No problem, eat well." he said taking a slice. "Mmm this is so good." I slowly chewed the food trying to make every flavor last. Tao laughed, "you have some sauce on your lip." he said. "Really?!" I quickly covered my mouth, how embarrassing.

 

"Here I'll get it." he said taking a napkin and brushing it across my lips. I grew hot, "t-thanks." I said looking down. Tao smiled, "you're cute when you blush." he said out of no where.

 

"What?!" my eyes widen. Tao chuckled, "and when you're surprised, you're extra cute." I covered my mouth, "I-I'm not cute." I said. Tao looked at me and nodded, "yes you are, that's one of the reasons I like about you." he said.

 

My heart started pounding, Tao likes me? I couldn't believe it myself, I must be dreaming. Hurry Minji wake up! "That and because you're a good person." he added. I tilted my head, "good person?" 

 

Tao nodded, "the way you stuck up for Hani and how you put her before yourself, that makes you a good person." he explained. "Well she is my best friend." I said looking down, "that's what friends do." "Or that one time when we played truth or dare in the 3rd grade." Tao said.

 

I looked up, "what?" "It was in summer camp, remember I was dared to kiss you behind the slide." he said. "You remember that?" I asked remembering the incident.

 

~Flashback~

 

"I dare Thao to kiss Minji behind the thlide." Sehun said having a really hard time pronouncing his words right. The crowd oh'ed. Tao grew stiff, "what?!" "You said dare now you have to do it." Chanyeol pushed him towards Minji. Minji looked away, "but that's gross!" Tao complained.

 

"You still have to do it." Kai said. Minji looked at Tao who looked frighten. "Fine! I'll do it." the young kid gave in and walked with Minji behind the slide. Minji was jumping from joy on the inside, her first kiss was going to be with her crush.

 

Tao and Minji reached behind the slide. "It'll be really fast." Minji said getting herself prepared by puckering her lips and closing her eyes. Tao bit his lip and clenched his fist, "M-Minji?" he asked. Minji opened her eyes, "yeah?" 

 

"C-can we just pretend we kissed?" Tao asked. Minji was hurt, "y-you don't want to kiss me?" "No!" Tao shook his head, "I'm just not ready. Please you'll be the coolest girl ever." he said giving her a thumbs up. Even though Minji didn't like it she gave in, "fine we'll just pretend it." 

 

Tao grin and gave her a hug, "thank you Minji you're awesome." 

 

~End of Flashback~

 

"Even when we were young you were a good person, you lied to the guys for me." Tao said. I smiled, "yeah I guess I was a good person." Tao smiled, "you're still the coolest girl ever." he said giving me a thumbs up. I cracked a smile, "you're still the same little kid."

 

"No, I'm a lot more mature." he said taking a bit of the hot wing, but quickly spitting it out, "ah hot hot hot!" he waved his hands around. I laughed, "yup you're mature as ever." I said giving him a glass of water.

 

~~~~

 

"Thanks for the movie and dinner even though it was meant for Hani and Lay." I said as we reached my house. Tao smiled, "no problem. How about next time we just make it the two of us?" he offered.

 

"As in a second date?!" I was shocked. Tao nodded, "yeah, if it's okay with you." I nodded, "yeah I'd like that." There was an awkward silence, "well I should go before your dad comes out." he said. I laughed, "okay bye Tao." I turned and placed my key in the key hole.

 

"Minji." "Yeah?" I turned around. Just then I felt something press against my cheek. My body completely froze as Tao pulled away, "that's for not kissing you before." he said. I was at lost for words, Tao just kissed me on the cheek!

 

"Bye Minji." Tao laughed while he messed with my hair and walked off. I watched as he left, I still couldn't feel my legs or my voice.

 

"Bye." I finally said, but Tao was probably too far to hear me.

 

I blushed and walked in feeling butterflies go crazy inside my stomach. I closed the door behind me and turned around and found an angry looking Lay.

 

"Omo Lay you scared me!" I held onto my chest and kicked off my shoes. "It's late Minji." he scolded. I gave him a weird look, "so?" I walked pass him. "Your dad doesn't like it when you come home late, especially with Tao." he said following behind me.

 

I rolled my eyes, "well you're not my father and besides," I turned around, "you ditched us!" Lay looked away, "I had a reason." I sighed, "what ever I don't care nothing you say or do can bring me down right now." I said walking upstairs. I was on cloud 9.

 

"What if I said Tao was using you?" Lay said getting my attention. I stopped in my tracks, "what?" I turned around. Lay nodded, "you heard me." I glared at him, "look if this is some kind of joke it isn't funny Lay!" I yelled.

 

"Who said I'm joking?" he asked meeting me. "I don't believe you." I ran upstairs and slammed my bed room door behind me. "Don't say I didn't warn you!" Lay yelled. I covered my ears, "shut up I don't believe you!" 

 

I didn't want to believe Lay, but why would he create such a lie? One side told me to trust him, but the other said not to. I sighed and laid on my bed, "what ever Tao said he liked me and that's all that matters."

 

Right?

 

________________________________________

 

 author's note 

» what do you guys think?? Sorry this was more of a Minji/Tao update, I'll make more Minji/Lay moments, but a lot of you guys find it awkward -_- Anyway please comment and subscribe ^^