Chapter 30

Oh! Brother

 

"Are you crazy?!" I exclaimed. "Minji." my dad scolded. "I'm sorry, but China?! That's a crazy." I said. "I thought you would be excited." Qui said a little hurt. "Look Qui I understand you want to go, but I don't even know the language." I explained.

 

"Is that what you're worried about?" my dad asked. That and I really don't want to spend my winter break stuck with Lay because I already know that they're going to leave us together. "Oh Minji you don't have to worry, Yixing and I will both be there to help translate." Qui smiled. I told you.

 

"Do I have to go?" Lay asked which caught me by surprised. "Y-you don't want to go?" Qui asked him. Lay sighed, "not really." "Yixing don't you miss your family?" my dad asked. "To be honest, no." he replied. Qui gasped, "Zhang Yixing how dare you say that?!" Lay shrugged his shoulders, "sorry mom." and began to walk away.

 

"Okay that's it!" she threw her hands in the air. "We're all going weather you like it or not." she said looking at both Lay and I. "But-" "Minji." my dad cut me off. My shoulders sank, "yes dad." "Yixing I'm really hurt." Qui said before walking away. I looked back at Lay, who looked a bit worried. "Y-you okay?" I asked him. "What?" he looked up at me, "oh...yeah I'm fine." he replied and started to walk away. 

 

I groaned, I know I should go follow him, but I'm still a little hurt from what he did. "Fine!" I threw my hands in frustration and went after him. Lay walked to the back yard which was weird. He walked over to our small garden, which hasn't been taken care of since I first got a phone and internet.

 

Lay sat down next to it and began picking at the roots. I watched his odd behavior. "Are you just going to stand there or what?" he asked startling me. I cleared my throat and went over to him. "You okay?" I asked. He shrugged his shoulders, "I don't know." he replied.

 

I decided to sit next to him and begin to help him. "Do you hate your family or what?" I asked after a couple minutes of silence. "No." Lay shook his head. "Then what is it?" I asked. He looked up and stared at the sky, "I haven't been in China since my dad passed away." he confessed.

 

"Oh." my heart dropped to my stomach. I remember Lay talking about his father once, but I never really sat down and talked to him about it. I'm starting to really hate myself for being so selfish. "You must really miss him." I said in a soft tone. Lay nodded, "everyday."

 

Once again there was a silence. "If you don't want to talk about it, it's fine with me." I said breaking the ice. Lay let out a small smile, "no it's okay, I just don't know how I'll react when I get there. Will I want to visit him or not?" he asked himself. "Well when you get there just listen to your heart and do what's right." I said bringing my knees to my chest.

 

"It's not that easy." he said, "I don't want to disappoint my mom or worse, make her remember." I looked at the ground, "So you'd rather not go at all?" I asked. Lay nodded, "yeah." "Well what if I went with you?" I asked. Lay looked at me, "you would do that for me?" he was a bit surprised.

 

I nodded, "why not? Your mom doesn't even have to know you went to see him. And I'll keep you company if you want." I replied. Lay nodded, "I would like that." I smiled feeling warm inside, "Lay I need to tell you something." I said. "What?" he asked yanking out a root. I took a deep breath, was this the right time? I better say this before it's too late.

 

"Lay I-" "Yixing, Minji, dinner!" we both heard Qui yell from inside. We both looked back, "coming!" Lay yelled and turned to me. "What were you going to say?" he asked. I shook my head, "nothing, come on I'm hungry." I said standing up and brushing my off.

 

"You sure?" Lay asked getting up. I smiled and nodded, "yeah it's not important, come on." I said walking back inside.

 

~~~~

 

"Chanyeol reporting for duty boss." he said meeting me at the school gate. I rolled my eyes, "Chanyeol." I warned. "Sorry boss, oh have you thought about forgiving Tao yet?" he asked walking next to me. "Tao?" I tilted my head, huh I completely forgot about him.

 

"Not really." I replied. "Do you still want me to carry you away whenever he comes?" Chanyeol asked. I smiled, "sure." "Okay boss." he grinned. "Minji." Tao waved as he was talking to Xiumin. I watched as he smiled and felt a little stinging in my heart. Even after getting in a fight with him he still manages to smile. "Hey-" "Don't worry boss I got you." Chanyeol quickly lifted me up and began running the other way.

 

"Chanyeol!" I yelled and hit his shoulder. I looked back and saw Tao's smile fade and his hand slowly go down. I sighed and rested my head on my hand as Chanyeol continued to run.

 

 

"No way China!?" Hani was surprised. I nodded, "yeah for the whole winter break." I added. "Omo that's so cool!" Hani squealed. "Yeah..." I trailed on. "What's wrong?" she asked crossing her arms. "Nothing it's just...I'm going to meet his family." I whispered the last part.

 

"And?" Hani asked. "What if they don't like me?!" I threw my hands in the air. Hani laughed, "just be yourself, I'm sure someone will like you." I put my hands down and grabbed a water bottle, "I hope." I said resting my chin on top of it. "Oh I saw you talking to Tao after school, what happened?" she asked.

 

"More like yell, I told him off." I replied. "Really? How did he take it?" she asked. "I don't know," I shrugged my shoulders, "it's like I yell at him and the next day it's like it didn't even affect." I explained. Hani nodded, "really? Well maybe he's blinded by love to see." she said.

 

We gave each other the look.

"They say love is blind, oh baby you're so blind."

We broke out into a G-Dragon song. "Anyway," we went back to normal, "I don't know if I should just forgive him." Hani shrugged her shoulders, "it's times like these when only you can make the decision for yourself."

 

I pouted and threw myself on the table, "this is so complicated." I whined. "There there." Hani patted my head, "it must be so hard to be you." she said sarcastically. "You have no idea." I mumbled.

 

 

"So straight home boss." Chanyeol said. I gave up on trying to make him stop calling me that. It's no point he won't listen. "Yes." I replied as we began walking off the court yard. "Minji." I turned around and saw Tao. "I got you-" Chanyeol attempted to carry me, but I stopped him. "It's okay." I held my hand out. "What?" he asked looking at me with wide eyes. 

 

"Just give me some time to talk to him." I said. Chanyeol grinned and nodded, "you got it boss." he gave me a thumbs up and walked off. I rolled my eyes as Tao approached me. "Here." he said handing me a letter. "What's this?" I asked taking it. "It's an apology letter," he replied,  "I know you don't want to hear me, but I hope you would take some time to read it." he finished and began to walk away.

 

"Tao wait!" I called after him. He stopped and turned around, "yeah?" I kicked the ground, "I'm still extremely upset for what you did." "I know I know you hate me and I hate myself for hurting you so-" "Let me finish." I cut him off. "Yeah sure." Tao nodded.

 

I took a deep breath, "even though I'm still upset...I forgive you." I said. "What?!" Tao's eyes widen, "r-r-r-r-really?" I nodded, "but I swear if you ever do something like that ever again I'm going to get Chanyeol to sit on you while I slap the crap out of you." I warned.

 

Tao smiled, "thank you." he stepped closer but stopped himself, "oh sorry I'll keep my distance." he said stepping back. "Thank you." I smiled. "I'll do anything to make this up for you." he said. "Anything?" I asked getting an evil thought. Tao slowly nodded, "y-yeah."

 

 

"I can't do this." Tao said hiding in embarrassment. "You promised!" Chanyeol said. I nodded, "he's right you said you'll do anything." "But isn't this too much?" he asked. I laughed, "no, all you have to do is dance in public." "With just underwear! It's freezing." Tao said shaking.

 

"Then do it fast." Chanyeol said. "Yeah the longer you wait the more cold you'll be." I added. "Aish you two are hanging out with Chen too much." Tao growled. "Oh here he comes." I said backing behind the wall. "Okay I see Kris with Luhan heading this way, you remember the plan right?" I asked Tao.

 

He nodded, "yeah yeah give me that." he replied and snatched the panda head from a costume. "Where did you even get this?" he asked as he put it on. "My work." Chanyeol replied. "Hurry they're coming!" I panicked. "Okay I'm going." Tao said pushing my arms away.

 

"It was nice knowing you guys." he said before jumping out in the middle of the campus sidewalk. Kris and Luhan stopped and stared as Tao shook his in front of them. Chanyeol and I were cracking up at the sight. "Oh this is gold." Chanyeol said taking his phone out to record.

 

Kris and Luhan looked around as the crazy man continued to dance around them. Luhan stepped back while Kris glared at him. Tao reached the last part, he bent over and mooned them and including the people who stopped and watch. I couldn't take it anymore, I was on the ground laughing my off, "h-he actually did it!" I cried.

 

Kris clenched his fist and yanked the panda head off. "Oh no!" Tao quickly pulled his boxers up. "TAO?!" Kris roared. "H-hi." Tao waved before he ran off. "Tao you little sh*t!!" Kris ran after him in anger leaving a confused Luhan alone on the sidewalk. 

 

Chanyeol and I were dying from laughter. "Omo he did it!" I grabbed my stomach in pain. "W-what an idiot." Chanyeol laughed and fell over. "Oh god my stomach!" I wiped my tears away. "I'm posting this online." Chanyeol laughed as he pointed at his phone. I grabbed the phone, "you idiot you only took a picture!" I yelled and showed it at him.

 

"W-what?" Chanyeol sat up, "oh are you serious?!" I laughed at his fail, "did you see Kris' face?" Chanyeol laughed and fell over again, "it was so priceless." he banged on the ground. "I know!" I yelled like wild hyena. "Minji if you don't forgive Tao after that, you really have no soul." Chanyeol said.

 

I shook my head, "don't worry he's forgiven...for now." The both of us controlled our laughter. "Whoo that was a good one." Chanyeol said and looked at me. "Puhahaha!!" we broke into another round of laughter.

 

~~~~

 

-A few days later-

 

 

"You ready?" my dad asked as I came down stairs with my suitcase. "Yeah." I replied. I decided not to tell anyone I was going to China. Only Hani knew and I hope she keeps it a secret. The last thing I want is for the guys to surprise me by showing up. Especially if they find me with Lay.

 

"What about you Yixing?" Qui asked him. They were still a little upset with each other. "Yeah." Lay replied. "Okay lets go our flight leaves in an hour." my dad clapped his hands and began walking out. I looked at Lay, "you ready?" I asked. He looked at me and smiled, "yeah."

 

The plane ride was long and I slept most of the trip there. "Minji." I felt someone shake me. "Hum?" I groaned and opened my eyes. "We're here." Lay said. I quickly shot up and looked out the window, "really?!" 

 

"Hello welcome to Hong Kong, we hoped your flight was nice and relaxing. Please ride with us again." the pilot said. "We're here we're here we're here!" I shook Lay's arm. He laughed, "yeah come on." he grabbed my hand which sent sparks throughout my whole body.

 

I blushed as he held my hand the whole way out. "So how's China treating you so far?" Qui asked. I looked around taking in the sight. "It's beautiful." I replied. "Minji we haven't even left the airport yet." my dad said. "Oh I know that." I grinned.

 

(Red = Chinese) 

 

"Would you like help with your luggage?" a young guy asked. "What?" I asked. Lay pushed me back, "no thanks, go steal from another foreigner." The guy glared at Lay as he left. "What did he say?" I asked. "Nothing, Minji you can't trust anyone around here okay." he replied. I nodded, "o-okay." Lay grabbed my suitcase and began walking.

 

"Wait where are you going?" I went after him. 

 

 

"Wow this view is amazing!" I squealed and ran to the huge window that overlooked the busy city. "I'm glad you like it." Qui said. I nodded, "thanks this place is so beautiful, appa how come we haven't been here before?" I asked him. My dad laughed, "how about you kids go explore the city." he suggested.

 

"Really?!" I turned to him. Qui nodded, "but be here no later than 9, tomorrow we have a big day." she said hugging my dads arm. "No problem." I ran to my bag and took out my digital camera, "I'm going." I waved. "Wait Minji!" Lay ran after me. 

 

 

"Oh this is so pretty." I said snapping a picture of a rose bush. "Oh look at that." I pointed and ran off. "Minji can you slow down you're going to get lost." Lay ran after me. "Well hurry up you're so slow." I said as I waited for him. "Would you like to purchase one?" a lady held out a box of what looked like homemade bracelets.

 

"Um." "No thank you." Lay said. "Really? Get one for your girlfriend?" she said pointing at me. I only smiled. "No thank you." Lay said. "Come on." he grabbed my hand. "Wait!" the lady called after us. Lay sighed, "what?" I was so confused, the only thing I could do is watch.

 

"I have a special couples bracelet." she said as she dug into her bag. "For the last time we're not togeth-" "It brings the two together and promises to never lose sight of them." she cut him off. "What?" Lay asked. The lady nodded, "as long as the two wear these, they will never lose each other." she explained.

 

Lay looked at me. "What is she saying?" I asked. "How much?" he ignored me. "$5 each." the lady held up five fingers. "Okay." Lay said and reached into his pocket. The lady smiled, "you have such a handsome boyfriend." I smiled and nodded, "t-thanks." What is she saying?

 

"Here I'll take two please." Lay said handing the women the money. She smiled and exchanged the money for two red bracelets. "You bought them?" I asked. Lay nodded, "give me your hand." he ordered. I held my hand up, "it's pretty." I said. Lay smiled, "whatever you do don't lose it." he said as he finished tying it tight.

 

I looked at it, "you got one too?" He nodded as he put his on, "yeah the lady said it's good luck." "Really?!" my eyes widen, "then I'm never losing this." Lay smiled, "good, now come on there's still lots to see." he said taking my hand and leading me away.

 

 

________________________________________

 

 author's note 

» aw why can't I just marry Lay and have a bunch of kids with him?? Anyway I hope you liked this update. I kind of rushed into it because I didn't want to bore you with useless information. Please comment and subscribe ^^