Chapter 26

Oh! Brother

 

3RD POV

 

"Is everyone here?" Kris asked looking around. Lay raised his hand, "actually Minji, Tao and Sehun are still out, but they should be back soon." Kris nodded, "okay well lets go get something to eat." he suggested.

 

The rest of the group followed behind him. "I heard theres a blizzard on watch." Lay heard a girl say walking by. Lay's eyes widen, "wait what?!" he grabbed the girls arm. The girl looked up at him in shock, "w-what are you d-doing?" she asked.

 

"What's going on?" Luhan came and asked. "There's a blizzard coming!" Lay yelled running straight out the door ignoring the guys calls. "What do we do?" Chanyeol asked concerned. Kris sighed and ran after Lay, "I'll be back." he said. 

 

 

"WE'RE GOING TO DIE!!!" Sehun cried. "WILL YOU SHUT UP!" both Minji and Tao yelled at him. Sehun sniffed his tears in, "I-I'm sor-r-y." "Okay freaking out isn't going to help us, we need to stay calm." Minji said. Tao nodded, "shes right. Wait does anyone have a phone?" he asked.

 

Sehun shook his head, "I left mine back at the hotel I didn't want to risk losing it." he replied. Tao sighed. "Wait!" Minji raised her finger, "I think I have mine." she said reaching into her pocket. "Here it is!" she happily took it out. 

 

"Hurry call for help!" Sehun shook her hand. But due to her gloves she lost grip and the phone slipped out of her hand. "Oh no!" she cried as she watched her phone fall at least 40 feet into the snow. 

 

"SEHUN YOU IDIOT!" she yelled and started to hit his arm. "Aw..hold on..I'm sorry." Sehun tried to block himself as Minji continued to take her anger out on him. "Hold on." Tao grabbed her arms. "What?!" Minji glared at him. "I'll handle this." Tao said and began punching Sehun's arm.

 

"YOU.STUPID.IDIOT!" Tao punched with every word. "Ow stop!" Sehun cried blocking himself. "Stop!" Minji held both her arms out, "look we can deal with Sehun after we get out of here!" she yelled. Tao stopped and took deep breaths, "you're right." "If we ever get out of here." Sehun said.

 

The three looked at each other with tears in their eyes. "HELP!" they all began to yell at the top of their lungs. 

 

"Help up!"

"We're still up here!"

"Please someone help!" they yelled and threw their arms around of it would some how help.

 

The three stopped after they couldn't breathe anymore. "This is it." Minji cried as she saw the blizzard approaching them. "M-maybe we should confess to each other, you know before we go." Sehun suggested. Tao nodded, "okay...you first." 

 

Sehun took a deep breath, "Tao remember in the 3rd grade when you had a crush on Tiffany, but when you confessed she ran away?" Tao nodded, "yeah?" "Well I liked her too, so I told her you had diarrhea and would give it to her if you touched her." Sehun confessed.

 

Minji couldn't help but crack a smile. "You told her that?! I thought it was Chanyeol this whole time!" Tao yelled. "I'm sorry I just thought you should know." Sehun looked down in shame. "Your turn." Minji told Tao. Tao swallowed, "Sehun remember when we went camping in the 6th grade?" 

 

"Yeah?" Sehun looked at him. "Well the guys dared me to clean the toilet with your toothbrush...and I did." Tao confessed. "What?!" Sehun yelled from rage and quickly spit. "Why would you do that?!" "It was a dare." Tao replied. "I'm going to kill you." Sehun threaten.

 

"Shut up...it's Minji's turn." Tao said looking at her. Minji closed her eyes and took a deep breath, "well I haven't told anyone this except for Hani but," she looked down, "Lay and I are-" 

 

"Hey!" they heard someone yell from below. Minji opened her eyes and saw Lay waving his hands. "Lay!" the three yelled. "Over here sir." Lay instructed the rescue crew. "Kris!" Tao yelled as he spotted him come out of the truck crane. "Luhan!" Sehun yelled as he saw Luhan run behind Lay.

 

"Hurry theres a blizzard coming!" Minji yelled and pointed towards the front. "Don't worry we'll get you down!" Lay yelled. The truck pulled forward than reversed. "One by one climb down!" the operator yelled as the crane slowly lifted. "Ladies first." Tao said as it came up.

 

Sehun nodded and lifted the bar, "okay I go first." "Sehun!" Tao pushed him back, "let Minji go." Sehun blew his breath out, "fine, hurry!" he yelled. Minji glared at him as she kicked her ski's off and swung her leg over the crane. "Good good and slowly come down." Lay yelled.

 

Minji took deep breaths as she moved one foot at a time, just breath and don't look down. She told herself. "Good good you're doing good." Lay said as he reached to grab her. Minji took one last step before she was taken away in Lay's arms.

 

"Are you okay?" he asked checking her body. Minji trembled, but nodded, "yeah...Lay I'm so sorry." she began to cry. "Don't cry." Lay quickly brought her into a hug, "it's okay, you're okay." Lay said softly as he her hair. Finally, Lay could breath again. Minji was safe, for now, and that's all that mattered to him.

 

"My turn!" Sehun yelled and pushed Tao. "No way you go last!" Tao yelled and pushed him away before swinging his leg over the crane. Sehun sat back and pouted as Tao made his way down.

 

~~~~

 

MINJI POV

We arrived at the hotel just in time. As soon as we stepped in the power went out and the emergency lights . "Don't worry the power will be back as soon as the blizzard passes by. Please just try to get some rest." the owner came out and told the guest.

 

Lay pulled a blanket over my freezing body, "you sure you're okay?" he asked. I nodded, "y-yeah I'm just cold." I replied blowing warm air into my hands. Lay nodded, "I'll go get some hot chocolate." he got up, but I quickly grabbed his arm. "Don't" I said.

 

Lay looked down at me, "what?" A tear escaped my eye and I gripped tighter, "please...don't leave me." I began to cry. I've just experienced one of the most terrifying event ever. There was no way I wanted to be left alone. Lay wrapped his long and strong arms around me. "Okay, I won't leave." he said as he began to my hair.

 

I buried my face into the crack of his neck and shoulder and began to weep. I've never felt this way toward anyone before. For the first time I'm putting my complete trust into someone else's arms, apart from my dad. I never expected to be this way toward anyone, especially Lay.

 

But today he truly showed me otherwise. And I can honestly say, "thank you." 

 

 

I woke the next day to someone's hot breath hitting my face. I slowly open my eyes and saw Lay next to me asleep. I looked around and saw that I was still in the lobby with Lay's arms still around me. "Lay." I shook him. "Hum?" he slowly opened his eyes.

 

I looked down at his arm. "Oh sorry." he quickly pulled away. I smiled, "it's okay." I pulled the blanket off and got up, "looks like the powers back on." I said as I stretched. "Looks like it." Lay said getting up as well. 

 

"Minji!" I heard Hani yell. I turned and saw her running toward me. "Hani!" I yelled as I ran to her. "Omo are you okay?" she asked as she hugged me. I nodded, "yeah, where were you? I didn't see you last night." I said. Hani pulled away, "sorry, I kind of got scared when the power went out so I asked D.O to stay with me." she replied.

 

I raised a brow, "really? Aren't you two moving too fast?" I teased and poked her nose. "Stop we're just friends." Hani pushed my hand away and blushed. "Minji!" I heard someone yell. I looked and saw Chanyeol approaching with Chen. "You okay?" he asked. I smiled and nodded, "yeah I'm fine." I replied.

 

"Are you hungry? We're all having breakfast." Chen offered. I nodded, "yeah I'll just go change." I turned around and saw that Lay was already gone. I felt a little disappointed that he just leaves without letting me know. But I can't blame him, he mist be really upset with me right now.

 

I sighed and made my way to the elevator.

 

 

"I'm telling you I'm going to sue." Sehun said. Xiumin threw a biscuit at his face, "you're the one who left you idiot." Sehun pouted and took a bite of the biscuit, "so?" "Hey guys." I waved as I came in. "Oh Minji." Tao got up, but Kris pulled him down. "Where's Lay?" Kris asked.

 

"I thought he was with you guys." I replied. "Haven't seen him since last night." Luhan added. "He's probably washing up." Hani said. I nodded and took the empty seat next to Suho, "y-yeah, he'll probably be here later."

 

We all begin to eat, but Lay never showed up. I was starting to get worried. 

 

"So how about we go uphill?" Kai offered as he grabbed his snowboard. I shook my head, "no thanks I'll just stay down here." There was no way I would risk taking the ski lift ever again. "You're lost." he said running off with Baekhyun. 

 

I sighed, "where are you?" I asked out loud. "Looking for me?" I heard someone say. I got excited and turned around. Tao smiled and came closer. "Oh." my shoulders sank, "hey." "Wow nice way of being disappointed." Tao joked. I smiled, "going uphill?" I asked pointing at his snowboard.

 

"Yeah might as well since I paid a ton of money just to be here." he replied. I nodded. "You?" he asked. "No." I shook my head. "If you want I'll stay with you." Tao offered. "No go ahead I don't want you to miss out." I shook my head and raised my arms.

 

"Okay." Tao began to walk away. "Minji?" he called me. I turned to him, "yeah?" "About last night, what were you going to say about Lay?" he asked. A dry lump formed in my throat, "oh...nothing." I smiled and shook my head. "Tell me." Tao said with desperate eyes.

 

I looked away and saw Lay with a bunch of kids. "Um it's nothing. Sorry, but I have to go." I said quickly going to him. "Yah ahjusshi, keep your legs parallel!" one of the kids scolded. "I am!" Lay shouted in frustration, "and I'm not your ahjusshi." I laughed, "wow Mr. Knows It All doesn't know everything after all." I teased.

 

Lay sighed, "I just need practice." "I'm done with you!" the kid stormed off with his friends. I smiled as they left. "W-wait I need your help." Lay tried to run after them, but fell on his face. I laughed and went to help him up, "looks like your instructor gave up on you."

 

"Rotten kids." Lay hissed. "Why weren't you at breakfast this morning?" I asked. Lay grabbed the pole, "cause I was trying to learn how to ski." he replied. "Why? I thought you hated it." I said. "I do," Lay looked at me, "but if I knew how to ski I could go with you uphill where you really want to be." he finished.

 

I felt my heart swell up. I looked away trying to hide my blushed face, "I think I'm never going uphill anytime soon." I looked back at Lay, who was looking down. "Hey how about we show these kids off." I suggested. Lay smiled and nodded, "deal."

 

~~~~

 

"Yah ahjumma that's cheating." a kid ran after me. "No it's not." I stuck my tongue out and skied off with the flag. "Over here." Lay held out his hand. I handed him the flag as he ran off to home. "Yay that's 10 to 0." I cheered. "Yah we quit!" another kid came and threw his poles on the floor.

 

"Why? I thought you were better." I teased them. "We are, you two are just faster." another complained. "Oh well we won." Lay came back. "Whatever we're out!" they stormed off. I smiled and high fived Lay, "good team work." Lay nodded, "come on it's getting late we should head inside." 

 

I nodded, "okay lets go." I said pointing towards the hotel. "Lay!" we heard someone say. I turned around and saw Tao approaching us. "Yeah?" Lay asked. "Can I talk to you?" he asked. I gave Tao a weird look, "what?" "It's okay, go inside I'll be there soon." Lay told me.

 

I looked at Tao then back at Lay, "okay, but hurry." I said as they walked away. "Minji come on!" I heard Hani yell. "Okay!" I yelled back and ran to her.

 

~~~~

 

LAY POV

 

"So what's up?" I asked as Tao and I were far from the hotel. Tao turned around and glared at me, "what's up with you and Minji?" he asked. "Excuse me?" I asked. "I know theres something between you two so spill." he ordered. I smirked and looked away.

 

"I'm serious Lay." Tao said. I looked at him, "why do you want to know?" I asked. Tao stepped forward, "look I'll make this short and simple." He sent a death stare, but I didn't budge. "I like Minji a lot and I don't like that you're always around her." he said.

 

I scoffed and looked away, "you think I care?" Tao grabbed the collar of my coat and pulled me closer to him, "stay away from Minji." he hissed. I yanked his arms away, "and if I don't?" I asked returning the stare. Tao stepped closer and whispered into my ear.

 

"You'll regret it." he threaten and walked away, purposely bumping into my shoulder hard. I glared as he walked away. I clenched my fist and wanted to badly bash his head into the cold ground, but instead I just sighed. "Relax Yixing." I told myself.

 

"Just let Minji decide who she wants to be with for herself."

 

________________________________________

 

 author's note 

» sorry if there are any typos, it's super late and I'm too tired to fix them. Anyway please comment and subscribe. Happy reading ^^