Chapter 11

Oh! Brother

 

"I think these costumes rules are ridiculous." Hani said as we tried on matching prisoners costumes. "Don't tell me you wanted to go in a short shirt, popping, outfit did you?" I asked her as I turned to see the back.

 

"No, but come on. No shorter than your knees or no chest showing. This place is filled with those costumes. Does Tiffany except us to go in killer mask." she said getting frustrated with the outfit, "and I look ugly in orange." she complained.

 

I sighed, "yeah this isn't really my taste." I said ping the front.

 

We walked around, but everywhere we looked there was either ty costumes or ugly scary ones. And I did not want to show up in a scary outfit.

 

"Let's just go to another store." Hani suggested. I nodded, "okay let's go." We walked pass the entrance when something caught my eye, "wait what's that?" I said walking to it.

 

I saw pretty black masquerade mask, "omo it's so pretty." I pointed at it.

 

 

"Oh they're selling like crazy." an employee came forward. "Can I see it?" I asked him.

 

"Sure." he grabbed it under the glass display and handed it to me. "It's so pretty." I ran my fingers across the patterning. "It's the last one." the employee informed us.

 

"I'll take it." I handed it to him and grabbed my wallet. "No fair you got a nice costume!" Hani stomped her foot. I looked at her, "don't worry I'll find something for you too." I said handing the guy the money in exchange for the mask.

 

"I'm not wearing this!" Hani came out in a disco's outfit. "Why not? You look like Ji Young from T-ara's Roly Poly mv." I said trying to hold in my laughter.

 

"This isn't even cute." Hani complained. "Yes it it, it suits your personality." I complimented. "What's that suppose to mean?!" Hani yelled.

 

Just then my phone vibrated, "oh wait I got a text."

 

Yoona [1:22] Are you guys done shopping? We need to start setting up.

 

"You're getting it because we have to go." I told Hani and started walking out. "Wait!" Hani ran after me still wearing the costume.

 

~~~~

 

LAY POV

 

"Do we really need to wear a costume?" Sehun complained as we walked into a Halloween store. "Yes, everyone's going to wear one and besides we're performing." D.O said. Sehun groaned, "this ."

 

"Yah no complaining." Kris ordered. Sehun quickly straighten up, "y-yes hyung." I smiled, this Kris guy really knows how to deal with annoying people.

 

"Thanks for agreeing." Chen told Suho. "No problem, we needed a break from the college life. Right Kris?" he placed his hand around him. Kris looked at him and smiled, "yeah...sure."

 

"Oh Luhan look it's Donald Duck." Sehun pulled Luhan to the Disney area. I sighed, "let's just look around." I suggested. The guys nodded and parted ways.

 

I picked up Mad Hatter hat, "oh that suits Chanyeol." Xiumin said. I laughed, "it does." I placed it back down, "this is hard." I told Xiumin. "Tell me about it." Xiumin sighed.

 

"Why can't we cross dress?" Luhan whined. "Because it's too...gay." Kai said. "I think it'll be funny." Baekhyun came and placed his arm around Luhan. "Of course you would like it." Kai lifted his chin, but Chanyeol pulled it away. "Don't tease my bacon." he defended him. "Stop calling me that!" Baekhyun stomped his foot.

 

I laughed and avoided them and walked towards a counter which had vintage masks. "This looks cool." I said to myself. "Oh yeah they do." Tao came out of no where. "Guys come here!" he called out.

 

"What is it?" Kris asked. "How about we all go in masquerade masks?" he suggested. "That'll be awesome!" D.O cheered. "Yah we'll have the ladies all over us." Kai added.

 

"What do you think Lay?" Kris asked me. I looked up at him, "huh? Oh yeah...I guess it's not a bad idea." I replied. Kris smiled, "excuse me we'll take 12 of these." he pointed at the glass.

 

An employee came, "oh these are selling like crazy." he said opening the case. 

 

"Cool do I look like phantom of the opera?" Chanyeol asked changing his voice even deeper. "Dude, I look like an elephant." Baekhyun complained. Chen laughed and pulled on his trunk, "it suits you." "Yah what's that suppose to mean?!" he yelled.

 

"I think mine and Lay's are the best." Tao said lifting his. "They're the same exact thing." I said un-amused. "No mines gold and yours is silver." he objected.

 

 

I sighed, "I guess."

 

~~~~

 

MINJI POV

 

"Okay Minji go help Taemin set up in the haunted house." Yoona ordered. "But I though Krystal was going to do that." I said placing the batch of fresh cookies on the table.

 

"She's helping Sulli set up the stage." she said. "Come on it's okay." Taemin said with a smile. I blew the hair out of my face, "fine."

 

I helped Taemin by handing him things that he needed. "Hand me that hammer." he said pointing at it. I nodded and grabbed it, "are you sure it's okay to nail stuff into the wall?" I asked getting worried.

 

Ms. Hyo said we can do whatever we want." Taemin replied while he hammered a nail. I nodded, "is that it?" I asked as he came down. "For now I guess yeah. Jonghyun and Minho are suppose to stay and scare people." he replied.

 

"It looks...lame." I said stepping back seeing the final result. "Well that's because the lights are on," Taemin said walking over to the light switch, "but with the lights off." he turned them off.

 

"Whoa cool effects." I was in awe as the black light lit the room giving it a creepy effect. "Wait for it." Taemin said, suddenly a bunch of smoke came out making me jump. "Ahh!" I jumped back. "Not so lame now." Taemin said with a smile.

 

I nodded, "this is going to be so much fun." I told him. "Come on let's go." he said turning the lights back on. I followed behind him.

 

"Minji there you are we have to go!" Hani came running to me. "It's already 4:15 we have to go get ready." she grabbed my arms. "Oh crap I forgot." I turned to Taemin.

 

"Don't worry I'll tell Yoona you had to leave." he said. "Thank you." I bowed and quickly ran off.

 

"I'll meet you there." I told Hani as we parted ways. "Okay see you later!" she yelled.

 

I ran into my room and say Lay playing his guitar. "What are you doing?!" I asked him. He looked at me, "what?" he asked. "You have to get ready." I placed my bag on the bed.

 

"It's still early." he said and continued playing. "Whatever, but I have to get ready." I grabbed his arm and pulled him up, "go!" I yelled and pushed him out. "Wait I need my-" I slammed the door on him and locked the door. 

 

"Ugh I have 30 minutes." I panicked and ran to the rest room. 

 

"Crap ow!" I brought my finger to my mouth as I burned it again. "Okay hair done now for my dress." I said as I ran to my closet. "No, no no no!" I threw everything out, "where the heck is it?" I freaked out and looked in my drawers.

 

"It's not here!" I panicked as I threw all my clothes everywhere. I heard a knock on my door, "can I come in?" It was Lay. "No!" I cried and ran back to my closet. 

 

"What are you looking for?!" Lay asked. "My black dress!" I replied, "you won't know where it's at anyway!" "My mom washed it, it's in the laundry room." he said.

 

I shot up, "what?!" I quickly ran to the door and opened it, "I'm so late!" I ran downstairs. "You're welcome!" Lay yelled after me.

 

~~~~

 

"Minji what took you so long?" Hani asked as she handed someone a bag of brownies. "S-sorry I-I-" I couldn't catch my breath. "Wow you look messed up." she said. "What?" I got up. Hani smiled, "it's just your hair let me fix it." she said grabbing strands from my face and moving them back. "Thanks." I said.

 

"Minji!" I heard Tiffany yell. I closed my eyes, "yeah?" "Go help Taemin with the haunted house." she replied. "What?!" "Hurry he needs help getting tickets." she said. 

 

I looked at Hani, "sorry." she said shrugging her shoulders. I sighed and made my way inside.

 

"Minji...wow I almost didn't recognized you." Taemin said as I approached him. "Thanks...I think." I said. He was dressed in a pirate costume which made him look somewhat manly.

 

"I thought Krystal was going to help you." I said as I grabbed the next person in lines money. "She's performing tonight and is getting ready." he said. I nodded, "oh okay."

 

"Enjoy." Taemin smiled as a couple walked in and one came out. "Omo that was scary." a girl grabbed onto her boyfriends arm. "Don't worry it's okay it's over." he patted her back. I sighed, I want to go too.

 

About 30 minutes passed and the line was getting longer and longer. And I was craving some food. My stomach growled loud and I covered it hoping Taemin didn't hear, he did.

 

"If you're hungry go get something." he suggested. I smiled at him, "you sure you got this?" I asked. Taemin nodded, "yeah go ahead and bring me some too." I nodded and went off.

 

"Oh come on one more try." Hani said as she held up three balls. "I thought you were selling food." I said taking a huge bite of a corn dog. "I was, but we sold out." she said as she handed the guy three balls.

 

My eyes widen, "but I wanted some cookies." I pouted. "Don't worry I saved us some." she smiled. I placed my arm around her, "see this is why I like you."

 

"Ah it's EXO!" we heard yelling. I turned around and saw 12 tall (except for one) guys walk in wearing masks. My mouth fell open, "whoa." I was in a trance as the came toward us.

 

"Minji is that you?" one asked in a gold mask. I blinked a couple of times before I was able to respond, "uh...y-yeah...um?" "Tao." he lifted his mask revealing himself. I smiled feeling happy all of a sudden, "hey we match." someone said, I looked and could tell right away that it was Sehun.

 

"No fair." Hani whispered. "Hani I like your pigtails." one with blond hair complemented her. She lit up, "really? Thanks!" "See I told you we should have crossed dressed?" he told one with dark hair.

 

"So can you guys reveal yourself?" I asked getting frustrated with trying to find out who was who. Just then one with a white mask and cape grabbed my hand, "why yes my pretty lady." he said in a deep voice and brought my hand to his mouth to kiss it, but I quickly pulled away.

 

"Chanyeol right?" I asked. He smiled and lifted his mask, "you are right my lady." "Aish you're so annoying!" one with a elephant nose pushed him. I laughed, but quickly stopped when he glared at me. "Enjoy it now while you have a chance." he said lifting his mask.

 

"Baekhyun." I laughed as he quickly put it back down, "if you tell anyone I'm going to hunt you down." he threaten. I lifted my hands, "yes sir."

 

One by one they revealed themselves. "And I'm Lay." he said lifting his mask, he was un-amused as usual. I sighed, at least pretend like you're having fun.

 

"Oh you look handsome." Hani complemented. Lay put his mask down and nodded, "thanks you too." She squealed, "really?" "Crap!" I finally remembered, "I forgot about Taemin." I said grabbing Xiumin's pretzel. "Yah!" he yelled after me. 

 

"Wait aren't you going to see us perform?" Tao asked. "I'll try bye." I waved and ran in. 

 

"Taemin I'm so sorry-" I stopped when I saw Krystal standing next to him. "Oh it's okay Krystal covered for you." he said. I laughed nervously, "oh..." I bit my lip and looked down, "pretzel." I offered the bitten pretzel to them. "No thanks." Krystal said.

 

~~~~

 

"Ladies and gentleman please give a warm welcoming to EXO!" Sulli announced and the crowd went wild. "Whoo go EXO!" I cheered along side Hani. They came out still wearing their mask. "Which ones Tao?" I asked Hani. "Isn't he the one in the silver mask." she replied.

 

"Oh yeah!" I snapped my fingers and kept my eyes on him the entire time. "Wow he's so good!" I cheered, who knew he was so good. The crowd went wild as they came to an end. "WHOO GO TAO!" I cheered and jumped while Hani cheered Lay's name.

 

"That was so cool." I told Hani as they existed the stage. "I know who knew Lay knows how to do flips?" she said. "Did you see Tao?! He was the best." I said. We both laughed and walked away. 

 

It was already 8 and the festival was almost over. "I really wish I could have gone to the haunted house." I told Hani as we sat on top of a table.

 

"I can take you-" "Tao!" I quickly got off seeing a guy in a silver mask come out of no where. "Ugh..." he trailed off. "I'd love to." I said with a huge smile. "Tao do you know where Lay is at?" Hani asked him. He pointed, but didn't say anything. "Thanks." Hani smiled and went off.

 

"Ready?" I asked him. He nodded in response. 

 

We both reached the haunted house, neither one of us said a word from the awkwardness. "Jonghyun there's only one couple left." Taemin told a sweaty Jonghyun. "But I'm tired, hungry and it's hot in there!" he yelled.

 

"Oh you're closing down already?" I asked. "Sorry Minji, but I'm done." Jonghyun walked off. I pouted, "but-" "Come on oppa do it for Minji." Krystal told him. Jonghyun shook his head, "sorry." "I'll start talking to your sister." Taemin threaten.

 

Jonghyun stopped and turned around, "you wouldn't." Taemin smiled, "doesn't she have a thing for younger guys." he said. "Fine I'll do it!" Jonghyun gave in.

 

I jumped, "yay!" 

 

~~~~

 

"Are you ready?" I asked Tao, he nodded. Weird why isn't he saying anything? I ignored it and walked in. Taemin closed the curtain making it pitch back. "Omo." I quickly grabbed Tao's hand. "I'm scared." I cried. "Don't worry." he whispered. 

 

He held my hand and lead the way, I followed close behind. Just then a huge spider fell from the ceiling. "Ah!" I jumped and grabbed onto Tao's back.

 

I heard him laugh, "it's okay." he said. I pushed the spider aside and held onto Tao tighter. We turned a corner and there was a loud yell followed by a long haired person come out of a closet. "AHHH!" I screamed and ran away.

 

"Over here!" Tao yelled and pulled me into another corner where a bunch of smoke appeared. "Ah!" I yelled and closed my eyes. "This way!" Tao grabbed my hand and pulled me. I followed behind still having my eyes shut.

 

"Is it almost over?" I asked. "Yeah I see a light-" "GOTCHA!" someone yelled and grabbed me from behind. I yelled and jumped, "it got me!" I cried.

 

Tao pulled him away from me and grabbed my shoulders, "hurry." he said. I quickly ran out into the light. "Omo that was so scary." I cried. Tao came behind smiling.

 

"You had fun?" Krystal asked. I nodded, "yeah." "Okay Jonghyun, Minho, that's all." Taemin yelled. Just then Minho came out in a wig, "sorry about that." he said with a smile.

 

"Ow who pinched me?" Jonghyun asked. I turned to see Tao, but he was gone. "Where did Tao go?" I asked, "he was just here." I added.

 

"Weird it's like he disappeared." Taemin said in a spooky voice. I gave him a look, "yeah right he probably had to go to the restroom or something." I said.

 

"Minji there you are!" someone said. I turned around and saw Tao with his mask off. "Where did you go?" I asked him. He gave me a weird look, "me? I was outside with the guys where were you?" he asked. My mouth fell open, "what?"

 

"Crrrreeeeeppppyyyyy~" Taemin said in a spooky voice.

 

 

________________________________________

 

 author's note 

» haha did you guys catch on. If not it was Lay not Tao that was with Minji -_- just in case I confused you. Please comment and subscribe^^