Chapter 40

Oh! Brother

 

I rushed home right away. I need to give Lay the heads up. "Lay!" I yelled as I kicked off my shoes and dashed through the living room. "LAY!" I yelled louder. "What's wrong?!" Qui came out of the laundry room. "Where's Yixing?" I ran and asked her. "He's in his room." Qui replied.

 

I sighed in relief, "okay thanks." I said turning and running to the basement."Wait what's wrong?" she called after me. "Nothing!" I lied and opened the door that lead to his room and ran downstairs. When I entered I saw Lay playing with his guitar. I was upset that he didn't hear me, but then I remembered the basement is sound proof.

 

"Lay." I called his name. He looked up, "yeah?" Just then his phone rang. Both our heads turned to his phone that was lighting up and vibrating on his bed. "Oh hold on." he said reaching for it. "No!" I yelled, running to it and quickly snatching it. "Don't." I said throwing it across the room. 

 

My eyes widen when I realized what I just did. "Minji!" Lay yelled running to it. I bit my lip, "sorry." Lay picked up his phone and wiped the screen. Luckily it didn't crack or break. Lay gave me a slight glare and answered it. "No!" I cried, but he raised his hand. "Hello?" he said.

 

I bit my nails hoping it wasn't who I thought it was. "Oh hey Kris." Lay said. I mentally slapped myself, crap! I walked closer and stood on my toes to his ear trying to hear as well. Lay tried to back away, but I held him close. "S-sorry can you hold up." he said putting the phone to his side.

 

"Do you mind?" he asked me. "Hang up." I whispered. Lay raised his brow, "what?" I quickly tried to grab his phone, but he held it up. "Lay hang up now." I whispered a little loud. "Why?" Lay questioned. "Hello?" I could hear Kris on the other line. Lay placed the phone on his ear, "oh hey." he said walking away.

 

"Oh yeah I have time." he said. I followed behind him, "don't." I cried. "My place?" Lay stopped and turned to me. "I told you." I whispered getting worried. "Um..." Lay trailed on, "sorry but I'm kind of busy." he finished. I sighed in relief, thank god.

 

"Minji." I heard Qui pop her head in Lay's room. "Yeah?" I asked leaving Lay. "There's someone here to see you." she said walking out. I furrowed my eyebrows and followed behind her, "who?" I asked.

 

"SURPRISE!" I heard a group of guys yell. My heart immediately stopped and my eyes grew ten times wider than their actual size. The guys were standing in front of me ... all of them! "W-what-" "We felt bad for not getting you a gift." Suho cut me off.

 

"So we got you this." Luhan said holding up a pink with a blue bow box. I just stared at him in shock. "You okay boss?" Chanyeol came forward and patted my shoulder. I turned to him, "w-why are you-" "Lay's busy." Kris came forward, "oh hey Minji." he smiled.

 

I turned to him and glared, "it was my idea to get you a gift, no need to thank me." he added. My fist clenched, this jerk. "Minji take it." Qui said. "Are you Minji's mom?" Tao asked tilting his head. My heart began to race. Qui looked down, "n-no I'm her soon to be step mom." she replied.

 

Tao nodded, "I knew Minji didn't have a mom." he said talking mostly to himself. "You don't?" Sehun's eyes widen. I stepped back, "thanks but you guys can leave now." "No stay for dinner." Qui offered. "Yay food!" Xiumin and Kai both gave each other high fives.

 

I stepped back trying to close the basement door when my dad came down stairs. "What the heck are all these guys doing here?" he almost yelled. All heads turned to him, I've never felt so relieved to see him in my life. "Honey these are Minji's friends." Qui came to his side.

 

I felt the basement door being pulled, but I quickly closed it. "Hello Mr. Lee." Tao came forward and bowed, "nice to see you." My dad stared at him then at the rest of the guys. I took this chance to sneak into the basement. "What's going on?" Lay asked as I came in and closed the door behind me.

 

"They're here." I whispered. Lay's eyes widen, "they are?!" "Shh." I covered his mouth, "my dad's probably going to kill them right now anyway." I said. Lay tilted his head and removed my hand, "what do I do?" I thought for a while, "hide! I'll try to get rid of them." I replied.

 

"But I'm starving." he complained. "I'll bring you food later just stay here." I said opening the door and sneaking back out. I closed the door slightly, luckily no one seemed like they noticed that I left. "Honey let them stay." Qui rubbed my dads arm, "look at them they're so cute." she said pinching Luhan's cheek.

 

Luhan smiled making Qui melt which made my dad more upset. "I'm not in the mood for 11 guys running around especially when I have to get up early for work tomorrow." my dad ordered. I smiled and looked at Kris who caught me smiling. I quickly looked away, crap.

 

Kris sneaked his way closer to me, "you're lucky I don't just spill the news right now." he whispered. I bit the insides of my cheeks and turned to him, "why don't you stay out of my business?" All heads turned to us. "What are you doing with my daughter?" my dad asked coming closer pushing Luhan aside.

 

Kris cleared his throat, "nothing sir." "I don't know you and I already don't like you," my dad raised his finger at him. Even though Kris was ten times more taller than him it didn't faze my dad one bit. "Leave." my dad hissed. "But what about the food?" Kai complained.

 

"You all have parents go cry to them." my dad said a bit harsh. I started to feel bad for them. "D-dad they came to give me a gift." I explained, "I think the least we can do is let them stay." As soon as I said that I mentally slapped myself. What are you thinking?!

 

My dad turned to me, "you want them to stay?" he asked. No, "yes." I slowly nodded. "Yes." Xiumin cheered quietly. My dad his teeth, "fine." "Yay let me go get-" "Wait!" I stopped Qui from going to Lay's room. "What?!" she looked at me wide eyed. 

 

"Uh...I'll go." I said quickly walking in. Lay turned his head to the door. "You're suppose to be hiding." I scolded him. "Did they leave?" he asked. I shook my head, "no they're staying for dinner but don't worry it shouldn't take long." I replied. Lay sighed, "okay I'll just stay down here."

 

I felt bad seeing his sad expression. I know he's probably dying to say hi to his friends after a week of not seeing them. I took a deep breath and stepped out. "Um," I walked over and whispered to Qui, "Yixing had diarrhea and doesn't want to come out."

 

"Oh my." her eyes widen, "I should-" "He's resting." I stopped her. "What are you guys talking about?" D.O asked. I forgot that they were still standing there like lost puppies. "Nothing let's eat." I smiled and clapped my hands. One by one the guys entered the dining room.

 

Kris was the last and looked at me. I looked away and walked pass him. "Why are you so scared?" he asked. I stopped beside him, "why are you in my business?" I answered with another question. Kris sighed, "look I'm just trying to do you a favor." he said.

 

I turned to him, "no you're just trying to make me mad." "Really?" Kris raised a brow, "he's in there right?" he asked looking at the basement door. I slightly looked and turned away, "no." "Poor kid locked in his room just because someone doesn't want him to be seen by his own friends." Kris said.

 

His words punched me right in the heart. Lay doesn't deserve to be locked in the basement. He should be out here with us. "But whatever I won't in anymore." Kris said before entering the dining room. I stayed staring at Lay's door, just come out already.

 

I sighed putting my head down low, feeling this huge guilt inside me. I'm sorry I make you sacrifice so many things.

 

~~~~

 

The night dragged on longer than it should have. Right away my dad loosen up and found it nice having a house full of boys that had the same interest as him. He must have felt young again. Kai and Xiumin kept making Qui cook more and more. While the whole time I was constantly thinking about Lay.

 

Is he asleep? 

He's probably starving.

What if he needs to use the restroom?

 

"Minji." Tao called my name. "Hum?" I turned to him. "You've been quiet." he said with a smile. "Oh sorry I just have a lot on my mind." I explained. "So how was your vacation?" he asked. "Okay." I replied remembering all the memories. Lay and I tubing, crazy Mei, the Christmas party, the accident where Lay almost drowned.

 

Soon my smile faded. "Yeah you should have been there it was beautiful." Tao interrupted my thoughts. "Huh?" I turned to him. He looked at me, "you didn't hear a word I said right?" "I'm sorry it's just...sorry." I apologized. Tao laughed, "it's okay I actually have something to ask you." he said.

 

I nodded, "what?" Tao scratched the back of his head, "well there's this dance our school is having." he explained. "Oh yeah the winter ball." I snapped my fingers. The winter ball was somewhat like a homecoming dance. It's held in our school cafeteria which isn't so fancy. But it's still a lot of fun.

 

Last year I went with Hani and danced to every song they played. "I was wondering if you'd like to go." Tao said. I looked at with a raised brow, "with me." he finished. "Oh." my eyes widen a bit, "y-you're asking me?" I pointed at myself. Tao nodded, "yes."

 

"Oh Tao that's sweet but-" "I knew you'd say no." Tao cut me off putting his head down. No not the sad face! "Tao I didn't even give you my answer yet." I explained. "So will you go?" he asked lighting up. I bite my lip, why was it so hard to say no? Maybe it was because Tao is naturally adorable.

 

"S-sure." I finally answered. "Really?!" he got out of his chair. I nodded, "it'll be fun." I smiled. "Yes thank you." Tao gave me a quick hug and pulled away before my dad could see. "I promise you won't regret it." he smiled bright. I nodded, "I hope so." 

 

 

 

 

"You can come back anytime." my dad said leading the guys out. "No." I whispered to myself. "Thanks again for the food." Suho bowed, "it was amazing." Qui smiled, "no problem you all were so sweet." "Especially me right?" Luhan raised his hand. "Yes." Qui laughed. My dad gave Luhan a slight glare making him hide behind Sehun.

 

"It was nice meeting you." Kris smiled. "I still don't like you." my dad hissed. Kris laughed, "I understand sir." he bowed and looked at Qui, "it would be nice if you invited us to your wedding." My heart froze, what is he saying? Qui nodded, "of course I will send you all invites."

 

"Yay I like weddings." Baekhyun cheered. "My moms a wedding planner." D.O added. "Really?!" Qui's eyes widen, "can I get her number?" she asked him. "Sure." D.O said. "Well I'm tired night everyone." I quickly excused myself. "Bye Minji." I heard the guys say. "Bye." I waved and ran to the kitchen.

 

I quickly grabbed whatever was left over and served it in a plate. I grabbed a water from the fridge follow by a cookie and ran to Lay's room. "Please don't be dead." I said to myself as I went downstairs. "Lay." I called his name. "Yes." he popped out right next to me.

 

"Ah!" I yelled almost dropping the plate. "What are you doing?" I asked trying to control my racing heart. "You asked me to hide." he replied. My eyes widen, "where were you?" I asked looking beside him. "Crotched under the stairs." he pointed. I sighed, "oh my god you didn't have to." I said walking to his desk to set the plate down.

 

Lay walked over stretching his back, "how did it go?" he asked sitting down taking a spoon full of fried rice. "Okay they're finally gone." I replied sitting on his couch. I still can't belive he has his own couch down here. "How was it down here?" I asked. Lay swallowed his food before replying, "lonely." 

 

My heart sank, "I'm sorry." "It's okay I'm used to it." he said taking another spoonful. I looked down, "you should have just came out." I said. "Why?" Lay asked. "So you don't have to hide anymore." I replied. Lay stopped and looked at me, "but you said-" "Don't listen to me anymore." I cut him off. Lay put his spoon down and turned to me, "what?"

 

I sighed, "nothing just eat." Lay raised a brow and shrugged, "okay." He continued eating. I grabbed a pillow from the couch and hugged it, "Kris knows." I spilled it out. "What?!" Lay almost choked on his food. I looked over worried, "you okay?" 

 

Lay raised his hand, "yeah I'm fine. He knows?" he asked shocked. I nodded, "he's the one that thought it would be cool to bring the whole gang here to give me a gift." I replied. Lay shook his head, "I had no idea." "Don't worry he didn't tell anyone...yet." 

 

Lay nodded, "don't worry won't do that he's too nice." I scoffed, "yeah right." Lay laughed, "they got you a gift?" I looked at him, "oh yeah I think Qui took it though." Lay smiled, "what was it?" I shrugged my shoulders, "don't know I'll check tomorrow I'm too lazy." I flopped on my back.

 

"Hey if you're tired go to your room." Lay said. I shook my head, "no I like it down here it's cool." Lay shrugged his shoulders, "fine then stay." I shot up, "really?!" Lay smiled, "sure why not you can sleep on the couch." I smiled wide, "hold on I'll be back." I got up and ran to my room.

 

 

 

 

I quickly changed into my PJ's and grabbed my pillow and blanket. "Yay I'm sleeping in Lay's room today." I squealed. I noticed the movie Hani got for me on in my bag. I smiled and brought it along. I closed my door with a huge grin on my face. "Where are you going?" I heard someone ask making me jump.

 

I turned around and saw my dad. "Dad!" "Your rooms in there where are you going?" he asked pointing at my door. "Uh..." I trailed on, "I-I was just going to-" "Honey I think she and Yixing are going to have a sleep over." Qui came just in time. My dad turned to her, "I don't want them to."

 

My face fell. Please Qui convince my dad, I mentally begged. "Honey I think it's sweet these two are really becoming like real siblings." Qui smiled. "You know how I would worry they wouldn't like each other now it seems like they can't leave each others side. I think it's sweet." Qui came to my side and rubbed my arm.

 

I looked at her with a smile. "Yixing is still a guy." my dad said. Qui glared at him, "are you saying I raised my own son wrong?" My dads eyes widen, "what?!" "I raised my son with manners and respect." Qui defended her son. I stepped back seeing the two get into an argument.

 

"I never said you raised him bad I'm just saying-" "My son has a lot of respect towards women." Qui cut him off and stormed away. "Honey don't be like this." my dad chased after her. I furrowed my eyebrows, "what just happened?" I shrugged my shoulders and made my way to Lay's room.

 

"Hey." I said as I came downstairs. Lay turned to me, he was already in his PJ's as well. "Hey." he smiled, "I fixed the couch." he said fluffing a pillow. I smiled and tossed my blanket on it, "thanks." "What's this?" he asked taking the movie from my hand.

 

"Oh it's my favorite movie I thought it would be nice if we watched it." I replied. "The breakfast club?" Lay read the title, "never saw it." I took it, "you'll like it I promise." Lay smiled, "okay put it in." he said pointing at his t.v. I walked over and carefully put it in the player.

 

I walked back and sat on the ground, "sit." I said patting the space next to me. Lay grabbed the blanket and put it over me, "okay." I blushed, "thanks." He smiled and walked over to turned the lights off. The movie started and Lay sat next to me, "is it sad?" I smiled, "you'll see."

 

~~~~

 

LAY POV

 

The movie was okay, I would have enjoyed it more if I wasn't so tired. I looked over at Minji and she was so into it. I'm guessing it was almost over since Minji's smile turned into a pout. I stared at her for a while and noticed a tear escape from her eye.

 

"You okay?" I asked her. She nodded, "yeah it's just so touching." I chuckled, "it's not even sad." "I know it's just I don't know." Minji laughed a little wiping her tears away. I smiled and checked the time, it was already 1 a.m. "We should go to sleep right after." I suggested. Minji nodded keeping her eyes on the screen, "okay." 

 

The movie ended about ten minutes after. Minji stretched, "did you like it?" I nodded, "it was nice." Minji smiled and yawned, "I'm glad." I got up and offered her my hand. She took it and I pulled her up, "you can take my bed if you want." She shook her head, "no the couch is good for me."

 

"You sure?" I asked as she went over and laid on it. "Yeah night." she said pulling the blanket over her body and closed her eyes. "Night." I smiled and went over to my bed.

 

 

Two hours passed and I couldn't sleep. I didn't know what it was, but I just could not fall asleep. I looked over at Minji who was fast asleep. I guess it was my conscience telling me that she shouldn't be on that small couch. I sat up and looked at her, "she should be sleeping on the bed."

 

I swung my legs over and hopped off, I went to her and heard her soft breathing. Without thinking I lean down and placed my arms under her, lifting her bridal style. Good thing you're a heavy sleeper. I went over to my bed and softly laid her down. 

 

She moved a little but turned to hug a pillow. I smiled, "see you like my bed more." I smiled,  leaning down to peck her head. I stared at her for a while and sighed. "If only..." I walked over and flopped on the couch. I pulled the blanket over me and closed my eyes. It didn't take long for me to finally fall asleep.

 

________________________________________

 

 author's note 

» OMG WHERE DO I EVEN BEGIN?!?!?! First of all "AHHHH I'M FEATURED!!! HOW THE HECK?!" and second of all, "SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING" I'm really not trying to kill you guys I'm just too busy to update but no worries I promise I'll begin to update regularly again ... I hope. And to all my new subbies, HAI~ nice to meet all of you. I've read your comments and I'm touched to know you guys actually like my story *throws hearts* we should get along :3 anyway please comment and subscribe my lovely people ^^

 

 

oh and it's my birthday tomorrow \o/ !!!!