Chapter 31

Oh! Brother

 

Red = Chinese

 

"Where are you talking me?" I asked as Lay was dragging me out of the busy streets filled with people walking in all directions. I'm surprised we haven't broke apart yet. "This place is too busy lets go somewhere else." Lay replied as a kid ran pass and stepped on my foot. "Ow!" I cried. "You okay?" Lay stopped. I looked at him and nodded, "yeah I'm fine."

 

Just then I noticed a sign lit up. Even though it was foreign to me I had a sense of what it read. "Mall!" I yelled at pointed at the sign in excitement. "What?" Lay turned to see where I was pointing, "no that says flea market." Lay corrected. "Oh even cheaper, can we go?" I jumped letting go of his hand.

 

Lay turned to me, "really? But it's so crowded you can get lost." I shook my head, "I'll be fine, please please please. I want to shop. Please~" I begged and pouted. Lay took a deep breath, "fine." "Yay!" I jumped from joy and ran to the store. "Minji wait up!"

 

"Oh I should get this for Chanyeol." I said holding up a long sleeve shirt with Totoro's big smile across the front. "Why?" Lay asked eyeing it. I looked at it, "it fits him, he smiles just like that." I replied and tried to imitate him causing Lay to laugh. I smiled and held onto it.

 

"Since when have you and Chanyeol been close?" Lay asked. I shrugged my shoulders, "I don't know, since he become my bodyguard." "What?" "Oh look at that." I pointed and ran to an accessories stand. I picked up two pink bow earring. "Oh Hani would love this I should get it for her." I said.

 

"Why are you getting people stuff?" Lay asked to me. "Well Christmas is coming and I still need to buy them gifts." I replied, "I just wish I could give it to them on Christmas day." I added. "Well you can always send it." Lay suggested. I laughed, "no way! I want to personally give it to them and see their reaction."

 

Lay nodded, "so..." he trailed on. "What?" I asked walking around to the other side. "Have you bought my present?" he asked. I scoffed, "yeah right." "Why not?" Lay whined. I laughed, "okay I'll get you this." I said picking up a unicorn necklace and held it beside him.

 

"What's this?" he asked taking it. "It's you silly, a pretty pink unicorn." I teased and poked his un-amused face. "Not funny." he said handing it back to me. I smiled and looked around, "okay now for Tao."

 

So far I had all the gifts in hand.

Chanyeol got a Totoro long sleeve shirt.

Hani got pink bow earrings.

Tao got a panda hat, to match for the time he mooned Kris and Luhan.

And I decided to get the rest of the guys a graphic tee. All without the help of Lay.

 

Something caught my attention, it was a cologne stand. I went over and smelled the first one. Maybe a cologne is good for Lay. But what if he thinks I'm saying he smells! I quickly put it back. "Looking for something?" a sales lady came forward. I smiled nervously and bowed.

 

"N-no thank you." I said walking away. "No no no, I'll help you." she grabbed my arm and dragged me away to the cologne section. I sighed and followed along. "Are you looking for a gift?" she asked. "Uh..." I nodded, "yes?" She smiled and picked up a royal blue bottle and sprayed it on a paper slip, "smell." she said handing it to me.

 

I took it and smelled it. "Mmm." I nodded, it smelled good. The lady smiled, "or this one." she said spraying a gold and black bottle on a slip. I took it, the smell was too strong and made me cough. "Oh sorry." the lady smiled and placed it back. I just nodded. "Is this for a special person?" she asked.

 

I looked at her confused so I just nodded. "This one just came in today," she said grabbing a sea blue bottle. "It's really good and is selling fast." she explained as she sprayed on the paper slip. "Here." she handed it to me. I gave her a look before I took it. I took in the scent and to my surprised it smelled amazing.

 

Not too strong or light, just right. And as soon as I smelled it Lay popped in my head. "Wow." I said looking at the bottle. "Unexpected Love." I read the bottle. The lady smiled and gave me a thumbs up, "good huh?" A smile came across my face and I nodded, "very good." 

 

"There you are." Lay came out of no where. I quickly hid the bottle. "I turn to tie my shoe and you're gone." he looked mad. "S-sorry." I apologized. Lay sighed, "you ready? It's late and my mom called to go get dinner with her." he said. I nodded and looked at the sales lady.

 

"Um..." I turned back to Lay who looked at her confused. "Did she bother you?" he asked. The lady shook her head, "no! A-are you the special person?" she asked. "What?!" I quickly got between them, "okay." I held my hands up. "This one." I whispered and pointed at the bottle.

 

She smiled, "okay." she said in English and secretly handed me a boxed one. "Thank you." I bowed. "Bye bye." she waved. "What was that about?" Lay asked. "Nothing." I hid the bottle within the clothes, "lets go."

 

 

 

"Whoa did you buy the whole store?" my dad asked as I dumped the bags on my bed. "Not entirely." I replied. "Sorry for calling you early, but I thought it would be nice to go out for dinner together." Qui said. I shook my head, "it's fine. Let me go change and I'll be back." I said. "Okay take you time." she smiled.

 

I quickly dug through my bag and grabbed the cologne. I smiled and hid it deep in my bag. I know Lay will try something fishy and try to look for it. He'll never look in my toiletries so that's a good spot to hid it until Christmas. I ped my suitcase and took out a pair of dressy pants and shirt. It was still too cold to wear dresses or skirts.

 

I decided to curl my hair and apply a small amount of make-up. I don't know what got into me, I usually never wear make-up unless I go to parties. Or curl my hair in that case. It's long and tiring, but today for some reason I felt the urge to look more special.

 

"Ready." I said coming out. "Finally." Lay said standing up, "we've been waiting for hour-" he paused mid sentence. "You okay?" I asked as his mouth dropped a little and stared at me. "Yixing grab my purse." Qui said. "Y-yes." Lay shook his head and went to hand her the purse.

 

I smiled and tried to not blush, was Lay checking me out? 

 

 

"Todays special is the lobster fresh from the bay." the waiter said. Qui translated. "I just want chicken strips." I said handing the waiter my menu. Qui laughed, "Minji they don't serve that." she said. "Oh...I knew that?" I bit my lip and took the menu back.

 

"I'll take the sushi deluxe, but with tuna only." Lay told the waiter as he wrote it down. I watched in aw. "Me too." I raised my hand. "You too?" the waiter held his two finger up. "Yes." I nodded. "Same?" "Yeah." "Okay." he reached over and grabbed my menu. 

 

A while later our food came. The waiter placed a tray filled with different types of sushi followed by a dipping sauce. I looked over at Lay's, we had the same thing and it made me feel happy. "Lets eat." my dad clapped his hands as the waiter left. I watched as Lay picked up his chop sticks and dipped a sushi in the sauce.

 

I did the same as he did and took a bite. "Is it good?" Qui asked. "Mmm." I nodded and gave her a thumbs up. I took another bite, I wasn't sure what it was, but it was delicious. Suddenly my face felt itchy and decided to scratch it. But the more I scratched it the more it would itched and burn.

 

"Ow." I cried as I placed the chop sticks down and began scratching my face with both hands. "You okay?" my dad asked. I shook my head as my body grew hot and the itch moved down to my chest. "I can't stop scratching myself." I said as I started to scratch my arms.

 

"Minji you're turning red." Qui said worried. I looked at the sushi, "what is this?" I asked. "I-It's tuna." Lay replied. "What?!" both my dad and I yelled. "Ah!" I panicked and got up. "Minji Minji calm down!" my dad went to my side. "Ah appa it's spreading." I began to cry as the burning spread inside and outside my body.

 

"What's wrong?" Qui asked getting up. "Minji's severely allergic to tuna." my dad replied. "What?!" Lay and Qui yelled. "Appa!" I cried and continued to panic, my throat was swelling up and my cheeks felt ten times heavier. "I have to get her to a hospital." my dad exclaimed.

 

Qui grabbed her purse, "o-okay Lay you stay and pay." she said grabbing her coat. "No I'm going too!" Lay grabbed his coat as well and ran off. 

 

My arms were red and bumpy. I started to get a rash and my cheeks were swollen. "Appa!" I cried as I tired not to scratch myself. "Don't worry Minji we're almost there." he said. I grabbed onto his hand as the pain was unbearable. "Hurry please." Qui told the taxi driver.

 

"Minji I'm sorry." Lay said. "W-what?" I looked at him. "I didn't know you were allergic." he replied. I shook my head, "appa!" I cried. "We're here we're here!" he yelled and opened the door letting the cold breeze hit me. "Come on." he said carrying me out and racing to the emergency room.

 

"Help help!" my dad cried still holding me. I could feel my lungs press against my rib cage. The last time I accidently ate tuna I had to get my stomach pumped three times and the swollenness lasted for days. "People help!" my dad stomped his foot as people just stared at him as if he was crazy.

 

"Please someone she's having an allergic reaction!" Lay came in and exclaimed. Just then two nurses quickly lead my dad to the back where they took me away. My throat was completely swollen by now and I could not breathe. Tears escaped my eyes as I heard them say things I couldn't understand.

 

I looked around hoping to see Lay come in, but he was no where in sight. Just then I felt a sharp pinch coming from my arm. I looked and saw a nurse inject me with some kind of shot. "Lay." I cried as my vision became fuzzy and I fell into deep sleep. 

 

~~~~

 

"Minji you okay?" I woke up and noticed I was in a hospital room. I tired to sit up as Lay supported me. "Y-yeah." I grabbed onto my head. I looked at my arms in shock, "omo I'm no longer red!" Lay nodded, "yeah we showed up just in time." he said. I smiled, "omo am I swollen?!" I grabbed onto my face.

 

Lay smiled, "no, you're as pretty as ever." His reply made me blush, "pretty?" Lay shook his head, "no not pretty...beautiful." My eyes widen, "w-what?" Just then Lay leaned over until his face was only a few inches away. "W-what are you doing?" I asked.

 

"Minji," he called my name. I looked at him, "yeah?" Lay leaned closer and hovered over my lips, "I like you." he said softly before kissing me. My eyes widen and my heart began to race. L-lay likes me?!

 

 

 

 

 

I woke up and saw a dark room. I looked around and sighed, "it was just a dream." My heart sank, oh how I wished it was true. "You're awake." I heard someone say. I jumped a little and saw a shadow come out. It was Lay. "Y-yeah." I replied. "Where's my dad?" I asked. "He's with my mom getting coffee." he replied sitting on the edge of my bed.

 

"Oh." I said. "You okay?" he asked. I nodded, "just a little head ache." I replied. "What did they do?" I asked. "Well they had to put you to sleep and give you oxygen since you were lacking some. And pumped your stomach." Lay replied. I sighed, "great, already my vacations ruined. I'm starting to think I'm curse."

 

"Or maybe I'm just bad luck." Lay said. I looked at him, "what?" "It seems like ever since I came you've been having nothing, but bad luck." he replied. I let out a small laugh, "no, I think these don't work." I said looking at my bracelet. "Promise you'll always keep it though." Lay said.

 

I nodded, "of course." "Why didn't you tell me you were allergic?" he asked. I shrugged my shoulders, "it never came up." I replied. Lay sat closer, "well starting today I want to know absolutely everything about you." I grew hot all of a sudden, "everything?" Lay nodded, "everything."

 

I bit my lip, "o-okay, but first I need to use the rest room." I said swinging my legs over. "Oh let me help." Lay offered a hand. I took it and he helped me to the rest room. "I got it." I said as I opened the door. Lay smiled and closed the door. I let my breath out as he closed the door. I fanned myself, "why is it so hot?" I asked myself as I stepped over to the sink.

 

"AHHHH!!!" I yelled. "WHAT?!" Lay came barging in the restroom, "are you okay?!" 

I pointed at my face and cried, "I look like Shrek!!!!"

 

________________________________________

 

 author's note 

» special thanks to dubuturtle for making this lovely poster on her free time for me~ Please comment and subscribe ^^