Chapter 19

Oh! Brother

 

"No JYP you're wrong!" I yelled at the t.v screen, "he's an amazing singer." I threw my hands in the air. "Ah screw this!" I yelled and turned the t.v off, I seriously can't watch kpop star without arguing with the judges.

 

I tossed the remote to the side, "it's so boring." I complained. Lay still wasn't home and the house was empty. I would ask Hani to come over, but she has to babysit her younger brother.

 

My stomach growled, "oh man I'm starving." I rubbed my stomach and walked to the kitchen. I opened the cabinets and found countless snacks, but no real food. "Damn it Lay!" I cursed and shut it. "There's nothing to eat." I complained and pulled my phone out.

 

"Maybe I should just order take out." I said out loud dialing a local noddle restaurant. Just then my phone rang causing me to jump. "Ahh!" I accidently dropped it, "crap!" I kneeled down to make sure I haven't cracked the screen or anything. Luckily it didn't.

 

"Hello?" I answered not even checking the caller i.d. "Minji?" they said back. "Who is this?" I asked as their voice sounded unfamiliar. "It's Yixing." they answered. "Oh Fritos Lay." I teased, "how do you know my number?" I asked, I never remembered giving it to him.

 

"My mom gave it to me," he replied, "anyway are you hungry?" he asked. I nodded even though he couldn't see me, "yes! I've been starving." I replied. I heard a soft laugh coming from the other line, "I'll pick something up okay." "Okay." I hung up after. I pushed my lips together, "now I just have to wait." I put my head down and groaned loudly.

 

 

I heard the door open and I quickly ran to the front door, "what did you get?" I asked seeing Lay taking off his shoes. "Calm down, I just got some black noddles, is that okay?" he asked. I nodded and yanked the bag away from him, "yes!" I ran to the dining room.

 

"Calm down you're going to break-" "Oh uh." I cried as I accidently ran into a flower pot that was set on a small table for decoration. "Something." Lay finished. "Oops." I smiled and looked at him, "you mind?" I asked pointing at the broken pot. Lay glared at me and bent down, "just be careful." he said picking up the pieces.

 

I smiled setting the bag on the table and quickly opened the bag, the smell of freshly cooked noodles filled my nostrils. "Mmm." I my lips and ran to the kitchen to grabbed plates and chopsticks. I accidently bumped into Lay in the process. "Yah!" he yelled making me freeze.

 

I slowly looked at him, "sorry." I said. Lay threw the broken ceramic into the trash, "if you were so hungry why didn't you just cook something?" he scolded. "Because someone bought a whole bunch of junk food!" I stood my ground. Lay opened his mouth to argue, but quickly closed it knowing that I was right. "What ever." he shook his head, "I had a long day so do me a favor and leave me alone." he said walking away.

 

"Wait!" I called out to him. "What?" he asked turning around. I bit my lip, "uh...my dad left this." I took the note out and handed it to Lay. He snatched the paper away and read it, his eyes widen. "What?!" he yelled, "I have to teach you how to drive?" he looked up in disbelief.

 

I nodded, "just for now, is something wrong?" I asked. He nodded, "yes! I'm not quite ready to die yet." he tossed the paper at me. "Hey!" I yelled as the paper fell on the ground, "I'm an amazing driver." I said on my behalf. Lay raised an eyebrow, "have you ever even sat behind the wheel?" he asked.

 

I puffed my cheeks, "well if you count the arcade ones then yeah." I replied. Lay sighed and rubbed his temples, "I don't want to deal with this now, ask someone else to teach you I'm busy anyway." he said walking off. "But my test is this Saturday, I need help." I cried.

 

Lay shrugged his shoulders, "not my problem." I glared at him as he walked off, I thought for a while. It finally hit me, "oh Chanyeol has a car, I'll just ask him." Lay quickly stopped, "Chanyeol?" he asked turning around. I nodded, "yup he's only been in 5-8 car accidents no big deal." I lied.

 

"Really?" Lay's eyes widen. I nodded and bit onto the chop stick, "yeah I'm surprised they haven't suspended his license, wait does he even have one?" I tilted my head as I pretended to think. Lay shook his head, "fine I'll teach you!" he gave in. I smiled, "yes!" I cheered. 

 

I walked pass him and went to the dining table, "just tell me when." I sat down getting ready to devour the food. "4 a.m." Lay said causing me to spit out my food, "what?!" Lay smiled and leaned forward, "take it or leave it." I furrowed my eyebrows, I really need my license. I'm still the only person in my whole class that doesn't have one. I closed my eyes knowing I'd regret saying this.

 

"Fine."

 

~~~~

 

"Rise and shine Minji!" I head someone yell into my ears. I groaned and lowered my head deeper into my comfy pillow, "mmmwwwhhaaatt?" I asked slowly opening my eyes. "Come on we have four hours before school starts." they said. "What?!" I got up, "four hours? Why so early?" I cried and saw Lay brushing his teeth.

 

"I don't have time after school and besides it's good to wake up early." he replied walking back to the restroom. I laid back down and lifted the blankets to my head, "the suns not even up so why should I be?" I cried. "Come on Minji it's not the end of the world." Lay came out wiping his mouth dry with a towel.

 

I lowered the blanket, "you don't understand...I'm really not a morning person." I said sitting up. "Whoa!" Lay covered his eyes, "talk about bed hair!" he teased. I glared at him, "I hate you." I said walking pass him and into the restroom. "I'll make us something to eat so hurry up." Lay said. I rubbed my eyes, "yeah yeah what ever." I said closing the door.

 

After a long hot shower, I finally stepped out only feeling even more sleepy than before. I yawned coming downstairs. Lay was spreading jam across a toast bread, "want some?" he offered. I shook my head and rested my head on the counter, "no." "Minji you have to eat something or you'll be too tired." he said taking a bite.

 

"Then maybe I should just go back to sleep." I said while yawing. Lay shook his head, "don't be lazy come on." he handed me and apple, "lets go." 

 

I slowly walked to Qui's car taking a bite of the apple, it was still dark outside. Lay you're really trying to kill me aren't you? I stopped on the passenger side. Lay unlocked the door and I got in, still having a hard time keeping my eyes open. "Okay when you first get in make sure your gas and oil are fine." he started talking.

 

I nodded, "yeah yeah." "Also it's important for you to-" My eyes grew heavy and I closed them, not listening to what Lay was saying. "Got it?" he asked. My eyes shot open, "y-yeah what ever." I said. Lay turned the car on and pulled out of the drive way. 

 

I leaned my head against the cold window and closed my eyes, maybe five minutes wouldn't hurt.

 

"Minji." I felt Lay shake me. "Huh?" I sat up straight. "We're here come on switch places." he said taking his seat belt off. I looked around and noticed we were in an empty parking lot. 

 

I took my seatbelt off, "where are we?" I asked getting out. "A closed store, it's a perfect place to practice. Now hurry get in." Lay handed me the car keys. I took them and got in the drivers side. Once I sat down my eyes widen, "whoa this feels weird." I said grabbing onto the steering wheel.

 

"Okay Minji what's the first thing you do?" Lay asked. "Play music." I turned the radio on. 

 

Only one shot only one shot Ireul kkwak mulgo deombyeodeureo one shot Only one shot only one shot.

 

I began singing along, "you only get one sho-" "Minji!" Lay yelled making me jump. He turned the radio off, "driving isn't some joke, you should take it serious." he scolded. I was in shock, "why are you so upset?" I asked. "I'm upset because you can get in a car accident for being careless." he replied.

 

"Now what's the first thing you do?" he asked calming down. I looked at him for a while, "y-you check the oil and gas." I replied. Lay nodded, "then what?" I opened my mouth but nothing came out, what does come next? Damn it I dozed off. "You uh..." "You put it in drive." Lay sighed.

 

"Oh yeah I knew that?" I snapped my fingers and moved the shift gear to D. "Minji wait!" Lay cried, but the car quickly jerked forward. "Ahh!" I cried and stepped off the gas, but it kept going forward. "Hurry press the breaks!" Lay yelled holding onto the steering wheel while I covered my eyes.

 

"Where?!" I cried and pecked seeing that the car was heading to a light post. "Oh no!" I cried and grabbed onto the wheel, not realizing that I was holding onto Lay's hand. "It's right next to the gas pedal, hurry!" He yelled turning the steering wheel. I looked down and saw a small pedal, "this one?" I stomped on it making the car come to a sudden stop.

 

My body went forward making the seatbelt lock. "Ow!" I cried and rubbed my chest. "That was close." Lay said putting the gear back to P. "Minji don't you know your breaks?" he asked.

 

I looked at him and smiled innocently, "maybe." Lay sighed, "okay lets try this again." He said. "Before you switch gears always step on the break pedal first, that's this one." he said pointing a small pedal next to my foot. "Always! Never just switch gears without stepping on that." he repeated.

 

I nodded, "okay I got it." "I told you before why didn't you listen?" he asked. "Uh...I kind of fell asleep." I said biting my lip. "Minji!" "Sorry." I threw my hands in the air, "I was really sleepy." "Okay get out." Lay said taking his seatbelt off. "No!" I cried, "I can do this." I cried holding my hands together.

 

"No you can't, now hurry I'll teach you later." he said. "No I can do this watch!" I pressed the break and put the gear into D. "Minji no!" Lay cried, but I slammed my foot onto the gas pedal.

 

CRASH!!

 

The car ran straight into the light post we were trying to avoid. I banged my chest against the wheel hard. "Ow!" I cried and held onto it. I looked over and saw Lay holding onto his chest as well. "You okay?" I asked. Lay looked at me and sent the most terrifying glare, "you idiot!"

 

~~~~

 

"So let me get this straight, you were teaching her how to drive and she ran straight into a light post." A police officer said. Lay nodded, "yes sir." "Puhahahaha!" he burst into laughter. I looked up at him and glared, "yah!" I was getting my chest looked at by a paramedic. It hurt like hell to breath and I'm pretty sure I fractured something.

 

"Hey I guess what they is right. Girls can't drive!" he nudged Lay's shoulder. Lay smiled, "yes sir." "Lay!" I gasped. "You're okay honey," the paramedic told me, "I suggest you stay home and rest." he said. I nodded and got up, "thank you." I bowed.

 

"Well since no one was really hurt I'll let you go." the police officer said taking some notes down on his pad. "Be sure to call your insurance company right away." he told Lay. Lay bowed, "thank you sir." The police officer looked at me and laughed, "ah women."

 

I glared at him while he left. Once he was gone Lay turned to me, "you okay?" he asked. I nodded, "yeah, about your moms car I'm so sorr-" "Forget it." Lay cut me off and opened the car door, "I'll tell her a shopping cart ran into the car." he said stepping in. 

 

I pushed my lips together and walked to the passenger side. "You don't have to lie to her." I said putting my seatbelt on. Lay sighed and turned the car on, "then you can tell her yourself." he said. I pouted and nodded, "I will."

 

We arrived at home around 6:30ish. I still had time to get ready for school, but my chest was in pain and the paramedic did say to stay home. "I'm just going to stay in today." I told Lay as I climbed up the stairs very slowly. "Minji," Lay called out to me. I turned around, "yeah?"

 

"You sure you're okay?" he asked. I slowly nodded, "yeah I'm fine, I'm just in a little pain that's all." I replied. Lay sighed, "if you want I can stay home with you." he offered. I shook my head, "no it's okay really." I said walking back upstairs. Just then I felt two hands grab my shoulders.

 

I turned and saw Lay supporting me, "you look like you need help." he smiled reveling his amazing dimple. I stared at him for a while. "L-lay-" "Besides," he pushed me up, "I owe you."

 

 

________________________________________

 

 author's note 

» ehh y update. I promise I'll make a better one soon. Please comment and subscribe ^^