Chapter 12

Oh! Brother

 

"Thanks everyone who volunteered." Yoona said as we finished cleaning. "Volunteer?" I whispered to Hani."We raised way more then we expected." she cheered.

 

"Whoo!" everyone clapped. "Thanks again you can go now." Yoona announced.

 

"Yes!" I cheered. "My feet are killing me." I said while I took off my heels. "I'm leaving with Tiffany since we live on the same street." Hani said. "Okay see you later." I said rubbing my sore toes.

 

"Need a ride?" Tao offered. "Omo Tao!" I jumped in shock and quickly put my heels back on. "I thought you left." I said. "I did, but I remembered you were still here." he replied.

 

I smiled and blushed, "so you came back for me?" I asked feeling butterflies go crazy. "Yeah, come on." he grabbed my hand and lead me away.

 

"Stupid heels!" I grew frustrated and kicked one off. Tao laughed, "why didn't you bring extra shoes?" he asked. I took the other off and started walking bear foot, "I forgot." I limped from the pain.

 

"Wait," Tao grabbed my arm, "get on." he got in front of me and bent down. My eyes widen, "what?!" "Come on just get on." he offered. "No. I-i'ts okay I can walk." I said turning down his offer.

 

"You're so stubborn." Tao said while he grabbed my arm and pulled me behind him. "Ah-wait!" I cried as he lifted me. "See was that so hard?" he asked and began walking.

 

"Okay Tao you can put me down now." I said getting nervous. "No this is fun." he laughed and ran down the hill. "Ah stop!" I screamed and closed my eyes. "Don't worry I got you." Tao said continuing to run.

 

I felt the cool night breeze hit my face. It felt good, I opened my eyes and saw Tao's face lit up with laughter. I couldn't help but laugh as well.

 

"Thanks for walking me home...again." I thanked Tao as he set me down. "No problem." he smiled. There was an awkward silence. "So..." I trailed off. "You look really pretty." Tao said out of no where. "What?!" I as taken back.

 

Just then Tao lifted my mask and took it off. He stepped closer only leaving a few inches between us. "Tao..." He leaned down hovering over my lips. I closed my eyes, omo is Tao going to kiss me?! I've been waiting all my life for this!

 

Just then the door swung open letting the lights from the inside blind us. "Appa!" I gasped. "Minji do you know what time it is?" he asked crossing his arms. "Sorry Mr. Lee it was my fault." Tao bowed and apologized.

 

"Tao do your parents know you're out late?" he asked him. "Ugh...no sir." Tao replied. I could tell he was getting tense. "Appa he just came to drop me off." I told him. My dad looked at Tao then back at me, "it's late hurry back home Tao." he told him.

 

Tao bowed, "yes sir." I turned to face Tao, "sorry." He looked at me and smiled, "it's okay. Bye Mr. Lee." he waved at him. My dad nodded, "goodbye." he said. 

 

I walked in, "bye Tao." He turned and waved, "bye Minji." I smiled feeling bubbly inside.

 

My dad quickly shut the door. "What was that all about?" I cried. "Minji it's late and you were out with a boy." he scolded. "So? It's Tao you know him." I threw my hands in the air. "I know the kid Tao not the teenage Tao." he said.

 

"What's the difference?" I asked walking away. "I know what was going through his head." he said walking after me. "No dad you don't know." I said walking upstairs. "Yes I do because I was a teenage boy once." he argued.

 

"I don't want to argue right now dad. I'm tired and I need sleep." I said grabbing my door knob. "Good because you're not allowed to go out for a while." he said. I rolled my eyes and walked in closing the door behind me.

 

"Whatever you'll forget by tomorrow." I said to myself. I heard someone groan, "Minji?" Lay asked in a deep, tired, voice. It almost sounded...hot.

 

I shook my head, "sorry." I said waling to my bed. I threw my heels aside and laid down. "Did you get in a fight with your dad again?" he asked sitting up. "I don't want to talk about it." I replied bringing the blanket over my face.

 

~~~~

 

I woke the next morning still tired and my feet were still swollen. I came downstairs yawning. "Good morning Minji." Qui greeted with a smile. "Morning." I yawned again and sat on the couch.

 

"Minji!" I heard my dad yell. I closed my eyes and groaned, "what?!" He came out, "go get groceries." he ordered. "What?!" I shot up, "why?" "Because I told you to, hurry up and go." he replied handing me money. "But I'm tired." I complained.

 

"Well you should have thought of that before you were out last night kissing boys." he said. "You were what?!" Qui asked in shock. I sighed, "I wasn't kissing anyone...thanks to you." I whispered the last part.

 

I got up and saw Lay sitting back eating chips. "Why can't he go?!" I cried and pointed at him. "What?" he turned to me. "He never does anything." I complained.

 

"Minji-" "Why don't you both go." Qui suggested. "What?!" both Lay and I yelled. "I'd rather go alon-" "That's a great idea honey. It gives them time to bond." my dad cut me off.

 

"We don't need to-" "Yes! Hurry Yixing you can drive my car." Qui cut him off and tossed him the keys. Lay turned to me and glared, "this is all your fault." I smiled nervously, "oops."

 

"No put that back!" I pulled the cart away. "But I want this!" Lay yanked the cart back and dropped a bag of Tao Kae Noe chips. "You have a ton of chips at home!" I cried. "but not this kind." Lay said pushing me aside and taking control of the cart.

 

"We still haven't grabbed the things we actually need." I said following behind him. "Don't worry we'll get what we need." Lay said walking into another aisle. 

 

I froze when I turned behind him. "Omo!" I quickly grabbed Lay's shoulder and pulled him back "Ow what the heck!" he cried. "Shh..." I covered his mouth and pecked over and saw Hani with her mom.

 

"Crap! Why is she here?" Lay pulled my hand away, "why is who here?" he asked. "She's coming go go go!" I pushed him away. "Hey what are you-" "Hurry go somewhere else before she sees you." I panicked and went back to the aisle where Hani was at.

 

"Hey Hani, Mrs. Choi." I bowed and greeted them. "Oh hey Minji." Hani waved. "Hello Minji, hows your father?" Mrs. Choi asked. "Fine." I replied. "I heard he's getting married." she added.

 

"What?!" both Hani and I were taken back. "Your dads getting married? Why didn't you tell me?" Hani asked. "Ugh..." I trailed off. "It must have slipped my mine." I laughed nervously. Mrs. Choi smiled, "well I wish the best of luck to you all." she patted my shoulder and started walking away.

 

"Want to go shopping?" Hani asked. "A-aren't you grocery shopping with your mom?" I asked. "Yeah, but she won't mind." Hani replied. 

 

I say Lay walk across the aisle behind Hani. I panicked, "have you tried the free samples?" I grabbed Hani's shoulder and lead her away before she could see Lay. "Go away." I mouthed to Lay as I lead her off.

 

"They give free samples?" Hani asked. "Yeah, sure." I lead her to a different department of the grocery store. "Oh they have cookies." Hani ran off. I looked back and saw Lay follow is. "Crap!" I cursed. "What?" Hani turned back, but I quickly turned her away.

 

"Go try some I have to use the restroom." I said pushing her to the stand. "Okay." Hani said taking a sample.

 

I ran back and pushed Lay away, "what are you doing?" I whispered. "Me? What are you doing? I'm just buying groceries." Lay replied. "If Hani sees you with me she'll freak out!" I panicked and looked back, seeing Hani talking to an employee.

 

"And I care because?" Lay asked walking towards her on purpose. "No!" I pulled him back. "Ow! Stop hurting me!" Lay pulled me away. "Please just do this for me." I begged. Lay crossed his arms, "what's in it for me?" he asked.

 

"Lay I don't have time for this." I cried. "Fine," he gave in, "I'll wait in the car, but you owe me." "Thanks." I quickly hugged him and ran back to Hani. "Ew!" I heard him cry.

 

~~~~

 

"Do you think Lay will like this one?" Hani asked putting a light pink bow in her hair. I shrugged my shoulders, "I don't know." "Hmm I'll just take two." she said grabbing a light blue one as well. I checked the time, crap it's already been an hour. Lay is going to kill me.

 

"Minji!" Hani brought me back. "Huh?" I looked at her. "I said what happened to you and Tao? I saw you two walking off together." she said. "Oh," I smiled, "nothing really he just walked me home that's all." I blushed trying to hide the fact that he almost kissed me.

 

"Something else happened." Hani poked my cheek. I pushed her arm away and laughed, "come on I need to go home." 

 

We walked out of the store. "So when is your dads wedding?" Hani asked. "I don't know." I replied. Now that I think about it, when are those two getting married?

 

"Aren't you excited?" she asked grabbing my arm. I thought for a while, am I? I guess I never stopped to think about it. I'm going to have a new family! This whole time I've just treating Qui and Lay as guest who will soon be leaving. It finally hit me, these people may be in my life forever.

 

I nodded and smiled, "just a little."

 

We reached the end of the street when it hit me, Lay! "Crap!" I cursed. "What's wrong?" Hani asked. I looked at her and smiled nervously, "ugh I forgot to pick up my dads pills." I lied. "Sorry, but I have to go." I said running back to the grocery store.

 

"I'll see you later!" Hani yelled. "Yeah, bye!" I waved, man Lay is going to kill me.

 

I arrived at the grocery store and saw Qui's car still parked. I bit my lip and slowly walked towards it. "Please don't be mad, please don't be mad." I said to myself as I reached the passenger side. 

 

I took a deep breath and quickly opened it. "I'm so sorry! I lost track of time and-" I stopped when I noticed Lay was asleep with his headphones on. I sighed, "was he asleep the whole time?" I got in and slammed the door making him wake up.

 

"What the-" he looked around and saw me. "H-hey." I waved at him. His stare quickly grew angry, "where were you?!" "Sorry I was at this accessories store and I-"

 

"Save it." Lay raised his hand and the car, "we're already late and my mom called." "She did?" my eyes widen. "Yeah." Lay said as he pulled out of the parking lot. "I'm sorry." I apologized, but Lay ignored me.

 

The ride was quiet and awkward. I felt bad for ditching Lay, but if he was really upset wouldn't he just have gone home?

 

"So..." I trailed on. Lay kept his eyes on the road. "Did you have fun last night?" I asked hoping he would chill out. "No." he simply replied. 

 

My shoulders sank, "not even a little bit?" Lay came to a stop light, "well once, but most of it was boring." I lit up, "so it was fun!" "I never said that?" Lay looked at me. "But you implied it and that's all I need." Lay shook his head and looked back at the road.

 

"Did you get home safe?" Lay asked out of nowhere. "Huh? Oh yeah." I replied. "No creepy stalkers tried to hurt you?" he asked. I smiled, "no and besides we both know I can take care of myself."

 

Lay let out a small smile before it was quickly replaced by his "I'm bored" face. "So who did you make out with?" he asked. I turned to him in shock, "what?!"

 

He laughed, "I heard from your dad this morning talking about how you were making out with this guy." Lay said. "I did not make out with a guy my dad is over exaggerating!" I grew angry.

 

"You sure? Because last time you made out with-" he quickly stopped. "Made out with who? I asked him. "No one." he replied. "Come on tell me." I nudged him. "Your pillow." he confessed.

 

"What?!" I was surprised. "I saw you make out with your pillow at night." he said. My eyes widen and I grew hot, "no I didn't." Did I?

 

Lay smiled, "it was funny too." I looked away completely embarrassed. "I did not." Lay came to another stop, "so who was it this time? A light pole?" he joked. 

 

"I did not make out with anyone!" I yelled getting frustrated. "Besides Tao just walked me home and left, that's all!" I added. 

 

Lay quickly stopped smiling, "Tao?" I nodded, "yes and nothing happened. My dads just a big fat liar." I looked at Lay, but he turned away. "Oh." he said and started to drive again.

 

I watched as his mood shifted. One minute he's laughing and joking, but the next he's back to his boring, non-amused, self.

 

I was debating whether if I should tell him what's wrong, but he'll most likely say nothing. So what's the point?

 

Lay pulled into the drive way, "I'll get the groceries." Lay said getting out. "I'll help you." I said taking off my seatbelt and going with him. 

 

Lay opened the trunk revealing the bags filled with chips, candy, soda, cookies and marshmallows. 

 

"Lay!" I yelled. Lay grabbed three bags, "what?" he asked walking away. I followed behind him, "you idiot you were suppose to buy groceries not junk food!" I scolded him.

 

"Well you should have never left me to pick out what to-" he quickly stopped. "What's wrong with you?" I asked walking to his side.

 

"Minji?"

 

My eyes widen and I stopped breathing.

 

"Lay?" Hani asked as she was at my front door.

 

 

________________________________________

 

 author's note 

» uh oh Hani found out. MORE DRAMA!!!! not really please comment and subscribe ^^