Chapter 3

Oh! Brother

 

"Okay we're away from the school grounds you can let go." I said, but Yixing wouldn't let go. "I said let go!" I snatched my arm away.

 

"Oh sorry." he said. I gave him a weird look, "are you deaf or something?" I asked while I rubbed my arm. "Anyway that was a nice act, but I'm still going to the mall." I said turning the other way.

 

"Wait, but your dad said-" "Look Xiying-" "It's Yixin-just call me Lay." he cut me off. "Lay? As in the Fritos Lay." I burst into laughter. "I guess that is a weird nickname huh?" he said to himself.

 

"Who the heck gave it to you?" I asked trying to control my laughter. "My friend, Tao." he replied.

 

I stopped laughing, "T-tao d-did?" I stuttered. He nodded, "they also had a hard time remembering my name." he said and started to walk.

 

"They? As in EXO? H-how did you become friends with EXO?" I asked following behind him. "Oh you know...wait you don't know because you're not popular." he joked.

 

I glared at him, "Yah!" I yelled and jumped on his back, "take that back!" I shouted as I started to pull his hair. "Get off!" Yixing, I mean Lay, yelled and tried to get me off.

 

"Not until you take it back!" I yelled and pulled harder. "Get off!" Lay yelled and started going in circles like a dog would do when it chases it's tail.

 

People stopped and stared as we argued. "Take it back Fritos Lay." I said. "it's Lay!" he finally got me off. I feel on the ground and scratched my knees.

 

"Whatever that's still a lame nickname." I stuck my tongue out at him and got back up. "You're just jealous because I'm popular and you're not." he teased me.

 

I glared at him and stomped on his foot hard. "Ow!" Lay grabbed onto his foot. "They should have called you mama's boy you...you big fat meanie!" I yelled and ran off.

 

"Minji come back!" I heard him call for me, but I kept running. Stupid Fritos Lay and his stupid fat ego. I stopped running as soon as I reached the corner.

 

I reached into my pocket and tried to take out my phone when I noticed I didn't have it. "Ugh stupid appa." I cursed and continued walking.

 

"I can't believe someone like him got into EXO." I thought out loud.

 

Forget him Minji just put your best puppy face and convince appa not to marry that lady and her stupid son. I thought as I reached the bus stop, "yes tonight I'm going to have my room and life back."

 

When I got home I quickly changed out of my uniform and came running down stairs. "Appa!" I called out and went to the kitchen.

 

Qui was in there making some weird food, "oh Minji you're home." she wiped her hands on a cloth and went to hug me.

 

"Where's my dad?" I asked avoiding her hug. "Oh," she put her arms down, 'he's in his study." she replied.

 

"Cool, thanks bye." I quickly ran out of there. Weird lady trying to give me hugs.

 

I stood outside his study, I took a deep breath. "Okay Minji remember big puppy eyes and aegyo voice."

 

I put my hair in a high pony tail, "fighting~" I said and slowly opened his door.

 

"Appa?" I stepped in. He had his glasses on and was typing away on his computer. "Hmm?" he asked not even looking at me.

 

"Appa do you love me?" I asked coming closer. "Of course honey." he replied and looked at me.

 

"And you don't like seeing me sad right?" I asked. "Yes baby it makes me sad when you're sad." he replied.

 

"Then don't get married!" I cried and jumped on his desk. "Minji! What are-" "Appa Lay's really mean to me." I said in my aegyo voice and blatted my eyelashes.

 

"Lay? Who's Lay?" he asked. "I mean Yixing, he's really mean to me." I said. "Really?" he took off his glasses, "what did he do to you?"

 

I thought for a while, "well he kicked me out of my room last night." "Really?" my dad got up.

 

I nodded, "yup and  he pushed me making me scrap my knee." I said showing him.

 

Okay I had to lie, but how else was I suppose to get them out of here?

 

"Yixing did this?" my dad asked as he examine my knee. I nodded, "yes appa he's really mean." I faked a cry.

 

"There there honey I'll fix this." he said bringing me into a hug. I smiled, so long Fritos Lay.

 

~~~~

 

I followed behind my dad as he walked to the kitchen. "Qui where's your son?" he asked in his serious voice.

 

"Uh he's watching t.v, honey is something wrong?" she asked. My dad ignored her and walked straight to the living room.

 

"Yixing." he said. I saw him on the couch, he suddenly got up as soon as he saw my dad. "Yes sir?" he asked.

 

"Did you hurt my Minji?" my dad asked crossing his arms. "Uh...no sir." he replied. "So are you saying my daughter lied to me?" my dad asked.

 

"No sir-I mean yes sir." Lay stuttered. "So you're calling my baby girl a liar!" my dad yelled. "N-no sir-"

 

Suddenly my dad punched Lay in the face making him fly to the window. My eyes widen, "get out of my house!" he ordered.

 

Lay quickly got up and ran out. I jumped up and down, "yay appa~"

 

~~~~

 

"He also told me you tried to go to the mall today." my dad said bringing me back to reality. I blinked a couple of times and shook my head.

 

I was still in his office, was I daydreaming? "Is that true?" my dad asked. "Huh?" I was completely confused.

 

"Nice try Minji go get ready for dinner." he said as he went back to his desk. "Wait didn't you hear what I said?" I asked slamming my hands on his desk.

 

"Oh I heard you nice and clear, but I don't believe you." he replied.

 

My mouth fell open, "are you serious?" "Dead serious, now go get ready." he went back to typing.

 

"Ugh you're so mean!" I yelled and stormed out of his office.

 

Lay was out in the hall smirking. "What do you want Fritos Lay?" I walked pass him making sure I bumped into him. "Guess I beat you to him." he said.

 

I rolled my eyes and went upstairs, "you're already a kiss up? Figures." I said as I walked into my room.

 

"Did you actually think you're dad would believe you?" he asked closing the door and laid on his bed.

 

I ignored him and put my headphones in. "Accept it Minji I'm here to stay!" he yelled.

 

I turned the music up loud and laid back closing my eyes.

 

"Minji dinner!" I heard Qui yell. I opened my eyes and realized that I fell asleep. I got up and saw a sticky note on my IPod.

 

I took it off and read it, "loud music damages your hearing over time - Fritos Lay"

 

I crumbled it up and tossed it aside. I took of my headphones, which were no longer playing music, and went downstairs.

 

I rubbed my eyes as I stepped into the dining room. "Minji did you finish your homework?" my dad asked as I sat down.

 

"I'll do it later." I replied. "So you have time to sleep, but don't have time you do your homework?" he asked.

 

"Ah I said I'll do it later!" I yelled and grabbed the chopsticks. "You little-" my dad poked my head.

 

"Ow!" I glared at him. "Honey leave her alone she must be tired from school." Qui said. I looked at her and she smiled at me.

 

"Right Minji?" I slowly nodded and looked down.

 

"I bet Yixing finished his homework." my dad said. "Actually I don't have any sir." Lay said.

 

"Well even if he did he would finish it because he's smart unlike my daughter." my dad said.

 

"I'm not smart sir." Lay said. "Are you kidding me?" my dad asked, "you were top of your whole school my daughters never even made it into top 10. She's always on the bottom with the losers."

 

"I'm not hungry." I got up. "Wait Minji please eat." Qui said. "Sorry." I bowed and walked away. I already hate Lay and now I'm starting to hate my own father thanks to Lay.

 

"Let her go honey if she's not hungry she doesn't need to eat." my dad said. I groaned and went upstairs.

 

I threw myself on the bed, "I need my phone." I cried and dug my face in the pillow.

 

Two hours passed and I could hear the laughter from down stairs. My stomach growled, "don't worry tummy we'll sneak in later tonight." I told it.

 

I heard the door open and I quickly turned away. I heard soft foot steps then saw a tray of food in my face. My eyes widen and I looked to see who it was.

 

It was Lay.

 

"Here I can hear your stomach from downstairs." he said. I pushed the tray away, "I don't want your food."

 

Lay sighed and placed it on my drawer, "suit yourself." he said and went back down stairs.

 

I looked at the food and bit my lip. If he see's that I ate it he'll only be satisfied. I shook my head, don't eat it Minji.

 

I turned away, but the smell filled my nostrils. "Maybe one bite wouldn't hurt." I said out loud and grabbed the chopsticks.

 

The food looked foreign, but I didn't care I was starving. I shoved a piece of rice in my mouth, "mmm this is so good." I said and quickly took another bite and another and another.

 

Before I knew it the food was completely gone. "Oh no!" I cried and lifted the plate, "no where did all the food go?"

 

I looked around, "if Lay see's it he'll know that I ate it all." I started to freak out.

 

"Looks like you enjoyed it." I heard someone say. I looked up and saw Lay at the door.

 

I jumped and banged my knee against the tray making it fall on the floor. "Ow! N-no I-I didn't." I tried to hide it.

 

"Oh really?" Lay asked leaning down to my face. He was only a few inches away, his sweet cologne filled the air. I've never smelled something so good before.

 

Lay smiled revealing his DIMPLE!!! He has a dimple! Not fair I've always wanted dimples!!

 

"W-what are you doing?" I asked as he got closer. He smirked and brought his hand to my face, "you have a rice stuck on your cheek." he said bringing it to my eyes.

 

"Uh..." I trailed off. He got up and picked up the tray, "you know you're a really bad liar Minji." he said. I crossed my arms, "so?"

 

He laughed and turned around, "I think we're going to get along just fine." he smiled.

 

I threw a pillow at his face, "shut up Fritos Lay!"

 

 

________________________________________

 

 author's note 

» aw Lay so sweet. sorry if this chapter wasn't spectacular. please comment and subscribe ^^