Chapter 20

Oh! Brother

 

I gave Lay a weird look, "what do you mean you owe me?" I asked. He smiled and walked ahead of me, "you took care of me when I was having back problems, it's my time to take care of you." he replied.

 

I smiled, getting this weird feeling in my stomach. I ignored it and followed behind him. By the time I reached the room, due to me having problems keeping up with the pain, Lay was fluffing my pillows.

 

"What are you doing?" I asked him. Lay looked at me, "lay down and rest, I'll make you something to eat." he replied. "Look, I appreciate your offer, but you really have to go to school." I said slowly making my way to the bed. "Ow." I cried as I sat down.

 

Lay quickly grabbed my arm, "how can I leave you like this?" he asked. I shook my head and laid down, bringing my legs on the bed. "If my dad finds out we both missed school we'll get in deep trouble." I replied. Lay shook his head, "don't worry about him right now. Try to get some sleep I'll be downstairs if you need me." Lay said walking away.

 

"But-" he closed the door cutting me off. I sighed and stared at the ceiling, "ugh...I'm bored." 

 

 

Minji [9:12] Yeah it's not a big deal, I'll be back by tomorrow.

Hani [9:14] Omo that sounds so scary, are you sure you're okay?

Minji [9:17] Yeah I'm fine just having a hard time breathing, but I'll live.

Hani [9:19] It's funny, the guys are wondering why the two of you aren't here.

Minji [9:20] Really?

Hani [9:23] When are you two going to tell them the truth?

 

I thought for a while, when will I tell them? It's none of their business really.

 

Minji [9:26] Don't know.

 

"Knock knock." I heard Lay say coming in, I put my phone down. "You okay?" he asked holding a tray. I nodded and sat up, "what's that?" I asked pointing at the bowl. "It's my grandmas famous healing soup. It's heal anything you have, even diarrhea." he replied. "Ew." I made a face making him laugh.

 

"And it took you this long to cook it?" I said pointing at the clock. "Well I have to get it right...and I kind of got distracted." he said placing the tray down next to me. I looked at the bowl, it smelled delicious. I grabbed the spoon getting ready to devour it.

 

"Wait." Lay grabbed my hand. "What?" I asked him. "You need a nursery in order for it to work." he replied. My shoulders fell, "really? A nursery? I'm not 5 years old." I said taking the spoon again. "Stop!" Lay smacked my hand. "Ow!" I cried. 

 

Lay quickly grabbed it and closed his eyes, "Heal, heal, little frog's , if you don't heal today, you'll heal tomorrow." he said in Chinese while rubbing my hand. I looked around, this is weird. He opened his eyes, "okay you can eat it now." I gave him a weird look, "o-okay." I grabbed the spoon and began eating.

 

"Mmm this is good." I said slowly eating it, trying to savor every flavor. "Really?" Lay asked. I nodded and gave him a thumbs up, "it's perfect." I replied. Lay smiled and walked to his desk.

 

I took a sip of my water and remembered what Hani texted me. "Lay?" I called his name. "Yeah." he turned around wearing glasses, I had to admit they didn't look bad on him. In fact he looked a lot cuter. I shook my head, "w-when are we going to tell the guys?" I asked.

 

Lay took his glasses off, no leave them on. "Tell them what?" he asked. "You know...that our parents are getting married." I replied. "You want to tell them?" Lay asked. I shrugged my shoulders, "I-If you want to, I mean they are our friends...well your friends."

 

Lay thought for a while. "And besides I already told Hani." I added. His eyes widen, "you did?" I nodded, "y-yeah, but she promised she wouldn't tell anyone." I quickly put my hands up. Lay sighed, "well it's really none of their business, but if you want to..." he trailed on. I looked down, "I-I think they should know." I said.

 

Lay nodded, "fine we'll tell them tomorrow." he said turning back. I bit my lip, somehow I felt like this was going to be a bad idea.

 

 

That night I was having a hard time falling asleep. My chest no longer hurt, guess that soup really works, but something was bothering me. I tossed to the side and looked over at Lay. He was sleeping peacefully and I really didn't want to disturb him.

 

So instead I crawled out of bed and quietly stepped out into the hallway. I tip toed down the hall and made a right. Once I was far enough I started to walk normally. I made my way to my dads room where I used to run to for safety whenever I heard thunder as a little girl.

 

I reached his room and opened it, I haven't been in there for a while and once I stepped in I gasped. It looked completely different, instead of seeing the closet filled with guys clothes, there was also woman's clothes smushed together. The bed that had a blue, plaid, bed set was now a mixture of blue and red.

 

My heart jumped when I saw my dads slippers next to a woman's slippers. I guess it really hasn't hit me that Qui was actually living with my dad in the same room. Just like Lay and I, but instead they shared a bed and everything while Lay and I tried to keep our things separate.

 

I walked over and climbed on the bed, I laid in the area that is now Qui's side and turned to where my dad would be resting. I snuggled into his pillow and could smell his after shave. I closed my eyes.

 

~Flashback~

"Appa appa appa the evil monster is going to get me?" a young Minji ran into her fathers room. Her father put his glasses down, "Minji what's wrong?" he asked placing his book down. "Appa I'm so scared!" Minji jumped on the bed and ran into her fathers arms.

 

"There there it's okay." her father hugged her tightly, "were you watching scary movies again?" he asked. "Yes!" Minji cried and buried her face into his chest. Her father laughed and her hair, her aegyo was too much to resist. "It's okay appa is here." he said. Minji sniffed her tears in and stayed hugging her father.

 

After a couple of hours Minji asked her father, "appa why don't I have a mom?" Her father froze, "w-what?" "All my friends pick on me because I only have a dad and not a mom." she pouted. Her father sighed and rested her head on his chest, "well honey you do have a mom." he said.

 

"Really?!" Minji lit up, "where is she?!" she asked looking around. "Your moms on a break, she'll be back soon I promise." he smiled. "Really? You really promise?" Minji held her pinky out. Her father laughed and took it, "I promise you'll have a mom soon." 

~End Of Flashback~

 

I sighed remembering all the conversations I use to have with my father. For some reason it feels like we're growing apart. If we're not arguing we're avoiding each other because we just got into a fight. I pulled the blanket to my chest, "I guess you did keep your promise after all." I said before finally falling asleep.

 

~~~~

 

"Minji Minji Minji!" I heard someone yelling. I opened my eyes and rubbed them. "Huh?" "Minji where are you?!" I heard Lay yell. I yawned and sat up. I looked to my left and saw that it was 6:30 a.m, I sighed and laid back down. It's too early.

 

"Minjiiiiii!" I heard Lay run down the hall. Getting annoyed I yelled back, "I'm in here now shut up!" I heard Lay's feet make a stop and run back. "Minji?" he poked his head in the room. I waved my hand up lazily, "yeah?"

 

"Oh Minji you scared me." he said holding onto his chest, "I thought you left." I rolled my eyes, "well I didn't now can I go back to sleep?" I asked laying down. "No." Lay came and pulled the blanket off. "Yah!" I yelled, "what the heck I still have an 30 minutes to get ready for school."

 

"Did you forget something?" Lay asked folding the blanket and placing it to the side. "What?" I swung my legs over the bed. "You're suppose to drive today." he replied walking out. "What?!" my eyes widen, "Lay!" I ran after him.

 

 

 

"But I don't want to drive." I cried and pulled myself back as Lay pulled me pass the restroom. "Come on Minji if we go now we can make it to school on time." he pulled harder. I grabbed onto the his bed frame to hold me back. "But I never want to drive again!" I yelled kicking my legs.

 

Lay sighed and grabbed me by the waist, "come on." he carried me out the room. "No!" I hit his back, but it was no use. "Minji stop it." he said placing me down by the door. "But I can't drive I'm scared, what if I run into another light pole." I tried to run away, but Lay grabbed my wrist and held onto it tight.

 

"Let go!" I grabbed his hand and tried to get it loose. "You won't I promise and besides school is not that far from here you'll make it." he said pulling the keys out. My eyes widen, "y-you want me to drive to school?! I can barely drive in a straight line!" I shouted.

 

Lay looked at me, "you'll be fine now come on." he bent down and threw my shoes at my face, "I don't want to be late." I tried to catch them, but they fell. I bent down to grab them, "if we both die don't blame me for it."

 

 

"Okay I pulled it out so you don't have to go in reverse." Lay said stepping out of the car while I waited for him to get out of the car. "Now all you have to do is drive straight, no reverse or anything extreme just a couple of turns, but you'll be okay." 

 

"Lay!" I cried as I grabbed the keys. "Minji." he sent me a serious look. I pouted, "fine." I gave in and went in the drivers seat. I waited for Lay to get in the passengers side. I quickly put my seatbelt on and prayed I wouldn't die. "Okay what's the first thing you do?" Lay asked.

 

"Listen to music." I replied with a smile. "Minji!" "I'm kidding." I held my hands up, "check the gas and oil blah blah blah." I said turning the car on. It roared as it , "ahh!" I covered my eyes, "it hates me!" I cried. "No it doesn't calm down." Lay patted my shoulder.

 

"Minji you have to get over this fear." he said. "Uh sorry, but just yesterday this thing made me run into a pole!" I yelled. "Minji breathe." Lay said, "take a deep breath." I turned to him, "what?" "Listen to me just relax and take a deep breath." he said demonstrating.

 

I followed his instructions, "okay good now step on the break." I did as he said still talking deep breaths. "Don't forget to relax." Lay said grabbing onto my arm. I nodded, "now what?" "Put the car into drive." Lay replied taking my hand and placing it on the gear shift. 

 

He placed my hand on it while I did the rest by putting it down to D. "Okay good keep your foot on the break." he said, "check to see if any cars are coming." I looked right then left. "It's clear." I said. "Okay now slowly lift your foot." Lay instructed.

 

I slowly lifted my foot and the car began to move forward. "Ahh!" I quickly stepped on the brake making it jerk to a stop. "Minji relax!" Lay yelled. "I can't I'm scared." I closed my eyes. "Minji listen to me." Lay grabbed my shoulder, "you're going to be okay you can trust me." he said.

 

"I only trust my dad I want my dad to teach me!" I cried. "But you can do this if you focus and relax." Lay said softly. I opened my eyes and looked at him, "I can only relax when you're not yelling at me." Lay nodded, "okay then I won't yell, but you have to trust me okay."

 

I nodded, "okay." Lay nodded and scooted closer to me, "now slowly drive out by releasing the break." I swallowed hard and did as I was told. I bit my lip and gripped onto the steering wheel as I slowly pulled out of the drive way. "Okay now turned the wheel to the left." Lay said guiding me.

 

I turned the wheel slowly, "like this?" "Yes! You got it." Lay cheered, I smiled. "Okay now turn the wheel back until you're going straight." he said slowly turning the wheel for me. "Am I doing it right?" I asked him. "Yes now it's time to step on the gas." he said.

 

"Oh no!" I began to panic. "Minji it's okay press on it slowly." he said. I nodded and pressed down with the tip of my foot. "Great Minji you're doing great." he smiled brightly. "Okay the speed limit is 30 here so make sure you're not going too fast or too slow." Lay said.

 

I looked at the meter, "I'm going 20 is that okay?" Lay nodded, "that's fine, but try to at least go 25." I nodded and pressed a little harder on the pedal. "Minji you're going pass 30 slow down just a little." he warned. "Ah!" I cried and began to sweat.

 

"Relax, just a little." Lay grabbed my shoulder. I nodded and lifted my foot a little. "Good your on 30 now you're doing good." he said. I took a deep breath and kept my eyes on the road. "Okay theres a stop ahead start slowing down." he said. "How?" I cried.

 

"Just slowly start pressing the break." he replied. I lifted my foot and moved it to the left and pressed on the break. "Good now make sure you come to a complete stop by the time you reach the stop sign." Lay reminded me. I nodded and came to a steady stop.

 

"Good!" Lay cheered, "you're doing good Minji now after you make sure no one is coming you're going to make a right." he instructed. I nodded and looked right then left then right again. I lifted my foot and pressed on the gas pedal making the car go forward.

 

"Minji you're doing great." Lay praised making me blush. "Now turn right here." he said placing his hand over mine and started turning. "Turn on your turn signal." he said. My eyes widen, "turn signal?" I didn't know what that was. Lay reached over me and switched a stick that was next the the steering wheel up. "I'll teach you that later." he said sitting back.

 

I let my breath out, "we're almost there." Lay announced. My forehead was sweating like crazy and I was focused on the road. "Okay theres the school now make a left." Lay said. I did as he said without his guidance, I was getting the hang of this.

 

"Great!" Lay cheered as I drove into the parking lot. I smiled feeling good, "how do I park?" "Just pull in here and come to a stop." Lay replied pointing at an empty parking lot. I held my breath in as I pulled into the tight spot. "Stop." Lay said. I got startled and quickly stepped onto the break.

 

"What?!" I gasped. "You're good now put it in park." he replied. I looked at the gear shift and pulled it to the P. "There?" I asked. "Yeah you can let go of the break now." Lay replied. I slowly lifted my foot and the car remained still. A huge smile appeared onto my face. "I-I did it?"

 

Lay nodded, "yeah see I told you." I looked around as I saw the school right in front of us with students walking in. "We made it? I'm not dead?" I touched my face. Lay laughed, "you're still alive." he took his seatbelt off. "Ah I did it!" I cheered and clapped my hands.

 

I turned to Lay who was looking at me, "I did it!" I cried and pulled him into a hug. "Omfph." Lay made a weird noise as I tightly hugged him. "Yes you did." I felt Lay's arms hug me back. I pulled away with a huge grin on my face, "can I drive back home?" Lay opened the door, "why not." "Yes!" I cheered and took the keys and got out.

 

I stepped out and froze. "Lay? Minji?" I saw the guys just outside of the car. My eyes widen and I turned to Lay who was just as surprised as me. 

 

"A-are you guys...dating?" Tao asked. 

 

________________________________________

 

 author's note 

» yay cliff hanger we all love those right? hehe, some of you may know the nursery rhyme, I'm not very original xD Anyway I  hope you liked this update. Please comment and subscribe ^^

Shameless random advertising, follow me on Tumblr yeah? - click here