Chapter 39

Oh! Brother

 

"Is that everything?" I asked Lay as he grabbed his backpack. My dad and Qui were downstairs in the basement getting things set up for Lay's new room. "Looks like it." he replied. I nodded and looked around, the place was totally empty. Lay's bed, clothes, school work, gaming consul were all gone.

 

I sighed a little, "well at least we have our own rooms." Lay nodded, "yeah." There was an awkward silence. "Well bye." Lay began walking out. "Wait!" I called after him. "Yeah?" he turned around. I reached into my pocket and pulled out the mini coupon book I made for him.

 

"Here." I handed it to him. Lay studied it before taking it, "what is it?" he asked flipping through it. "Merry late Christmas." I smiled and clapped. Lay looked up and smiled, "my own coupon book?" I nodded, "yeah and I have to do whatever's in it." I explained.

 

Lay nodded, "wash your clothes, cook for you, not talk to you for a week." he read a couple. He chuckled at one, "do my homework?" "What?" I shrugged my shoulders. Lay shook his head, "nothing, thanks." It felt good to see his reaction, I thought for sure he was going to hate it.

 

"Here." he ripped one out. "You're using one already?" I asked taking it and reading it out loud. "Give you a piggy back ride?" Lay nodded and stuck the rest in his pocket, "I'm tired carry me to the basement." I mentally slapped myself, why would I write that?

 

"Okay." I turned and got down. I felt Lay's arms wrap around my shoulders making my heart begin to race. "Ready." he said. His warm breath hitting my ear causing me to shiver a little. "O-okay." I said and grabbed his legs, "Lay, Mei's right." I said as I easily lifted him.

 

"What?" he asked. "You do need to eat more." I joked. Lay poked my cheek as I carefully headed downstairs. We reached the bottom of the steps laughing. Mostly because Lay made me stop at every photo we had handing on the wall and explain to him what happen that day.

 

"Wait so Taemin put gum in your hair when you were 8, but now you're friends?" Lay asked laughing at how in one point I had a bowl haircut. "He said he was sorry." I said. Lay laughed out loud, "you looked like a dude." "Yah!" "What's going on?" I heard my dads voice.

 

"Dad!" I quickly put Lay down as we met him at the entrance of basement. "What were you guys doing?" Qui asked concern. "Nothing, she lost a bet and had to carry me as a punishment." Lay lied. "Is that true?" my dad asked me. I quickly nodded, "yes."

 

"Well anyway," Qui clapped her hands, "your rooms done." she smiled widely and ran downstairs. I waited for my dad to go in, but he didn't move. "Go ahead." he told Lay. Lay bowed his head before stepping inside. My dad quickly followed behind him making sure I wouldn't.

 

We walked downstairs into the surprisingly warm basement. Usually this place was always freezing cold, even in the Summer time. "Whoa." my mouth immediately fell open.

 

The floor was covered in a dark blue carpet. There was about three wooden book shelves, a mini sofa, the walls were painted grey and blue. There was a medium sized flat screen t.v followed by his game consul neatly set next to it. His bed lied in the middle of the room and next to his bed was a small desk where his guitar leaned against on. I was jealous.

 

"This place is amazing." my mouth fell and I looked around. "I designed it." Qui smiled. Lay walked around and looked through the shelves, "did you order the encyclopedia?" he asked his mom. "Encyclopedia? Really?" I turned to him in disbelief. He turned to me and smiled.

 

"This place doesn't even look like the basement." I said running over to his bed. "I like it, thanks Mr. Lee." Lay bowed before going to sit next to me on the bed. "Okay it's already 1 a.m, lets get some rest." my dad grabbed my arm and brought me up. I pulled my arm away, "okay."

 

Qui came over with a stuffed bear, "and look what I found." she held it up. "Mr. Bear!" Lay lit up and quickly took it, "where did you find him?" he asked hugging it. "Grandma had it stored away." she replied. I laughed at Lay's childish reaction. He looked up and cleared his throat, "cool." he said tossing it aside.

 

Qui watched as the bear fell to the floor, "Yixing don't treat him like that." Lay gave her a serious look, "mom I'm not a little kid anymore." Qui rolled her eyes and placed Mr. Bear next to Lay's pillow, "okay I get it." She lean forward and gave him a kiss on the forehead, "night my big boy."

 

"Mom!" Lay wiped his cheek. I laughed and waved, "night." Lay looked at me and smiled, "sweet dreams Minji." "Okay goodnight everyone." my dad grabbed my arm and started taking me upstairs. "Ow it hurts." I cried as I stumbled up. "Honey what's wrong?" Qui came after us.

 

My dad let go of my arm, "Minji go to your room." "What did I do that you're acting so mean to me?" I asked rubbing my arm. "Is something wrong?" Lay came up. "Everything is fine!" my dad yelled, "now everyone go to their room and sleep." he ordered before storming off. "Honey!" Qui followed after him.

 

I looked at Lay, "what's wrong with him?" he asked. I shrugged my shoulders, "I don't know." "Minji to your room now!" I heard my dad yell. I jumped a little and quickly went up to my room. "Night Lay."

"Night."

 

~~~~

 

I couldn't sleep that night. Something felt weird, someone was missing. I constantly looked to find that his bed was gone and so was his presence. I wanted to sneak downstairs and ask him to come back, but that was ridiculous. When I woke up I was more than happy to go downstairs.

 

"Morning." I greeted everyone. My dad was on the couch watching t.v, Qui was probably in the kitchen cooking breakfast and Lay was no where in sight. "Morning." my dad replied. I turned and headed towards the basement door. "Where are you going?" my dad asked. I quickly stopped, "oh...I was going to see if Yixing was up yet." I replied.

 

"He's still asleep leave him alone." my dad changing the channel. I puffed my cheeks, "okay." And went back to the living room. "What you watching?" I asked my dad as I sat down. "Finding big foot." he replied. I snorted, "big foot? Come on he's not real." "How do you know?" my dad asked turning to me.

 

I gave him a weird look, "b-because it's not real." "Breakfast!" Qui called out. I quickly got up and went to the kitchen. "Morning Qui." I greeted her. "Morning, do you mind waking Yixing?" she asked. I nodded, "okay." and skipped to his room. "Minji we're back in Seoul, don't you think you should go visit your friends?" my dad stopped me.

 

"Uh... yeah I will eventually." I replied feeling nervous. "Honey go get Yixing." Qui reminded me. I bowed and quickly went to his room, why is my dad acting so weird? I walked downstairs until I met his bed. It was dark and I could barely see anything. "Lay." I whispered, but no response.

 

I walked closer, "psst Lay." I tugged on his sheet, "wake up." "Huh?" I heard him groan. A smile quickly appeared on my face, "get up!" I went to turn on the lamp that was sitting on his drawer. "Minji!" I heard him yell. I looked back and saw a shirtless Lay. "Ah! I quickly covered my eyes.

 

"G-go away! I heard Lay yell. "Sorry your mom told me to wake you!" I began running back upstairs until I tripped and banged my head on the wall. "Ow!" I cried and rubbed my forehead. "You okay?" I felt someone grab my hand. I looked up and met Lay's chest, "y-y-yes!" I quickly got up and turned away, "b-b-breakfast is ready." I struggled to say.

 

My heart was racing, I never knew Lay had such an...amazing body. His skin was milky white and his abs were in perfect shape. "Tell my mom I'll be there in about five minutes." he said. "Yes." I replied not daring to look back. I opened the door and quickly closed it behind me. "Oh my-" I fanned myself.

 

"Is he coming?" Qui startled me. "Y-yes!" I jumped. She gave me a weird look, "okay? Come on I made waffles." she smiled and walked back to the dinning room. I nodded and let my breath out. I sat across from my dad who was reading the newspaper. Qui set a plate with three waffles and a side of freshly cut fruit. "Thanks." I said taking a fork.

 

"You kids are still on vacation right?" Qui asked sitting next to my dad. I took a bite of the delicious waffle and nodded, "yeah one more week." "You're lucky." Qui sighed taking a sip of her coffee, "we go back to work tomorrow." I smiled and nervously took a sip of my orange juice.

 

I didn't know why I was so jumpy all of a sudden. "Morning." I heard Lay come in. I began to choked. "Minji you okay?" my dad put his newspaper down. I coughed and threw my arms around, "I-I'm fin-e." Qui came over and began patting my back, "you sure?" I nodded, "y-yes." I said controlling my cough.

 

I looked over and saw lay with a concerned look on his face. "I'm not hungry." I quickly got up. "W-where are you going?" Qui asked. "I'm going to..." I trailed on and glanced at Lay, "going to visit my friends." I finished. "Your friends?" Qui gave me a odd look. I nodded, "y-yeah I need to give them their presents." I smiled and bowed, "I'll be back before dinner."

 

"But-" "Have fun." my dad interrupted Qui. I looked at my dad and bowed my head, "bye." "Bye honey." he smiled and continued reading his newspaper. I walked pass Lay avoiding eye contact and upstairs to fetch the presents.

 

~~~~

 

"Omo they're so cute!" Hani squealed taking the bow earrings and putting them on. I smiled, "I knew you'd love it." Hani grinned and looked at herself in the mirror, "I love it! Oh and here's your gift." she snapped her fingers and went to her closet. I waited on her bed.

 

"Sorry I kind of ran out of wrapping paper." she said handing me a version of my all time favorite movie. "The Breakfast Club!" I yelled and took it from her. Hani smiled, "new and improved." I smiled widely, "I love this!" I said hugging it. Hani smiled, "I literally had to search all of Seoul to find that." she said sitting next to me.

 

"Thanks." I gave her a quick hug. "What's this?" she said grabbing my necklace. I froze for a second, "w-what?" "This?" she looked closer, "omo is that real diamond?" I bit my lip, "y-yes." "Did your dad get you this?!" she jumped with wide eyes. I laughed nervously, "n-no."

 

Hani looked at me then grinned, "Lay?" I slowly nodded. "AH!" Hani yelled and hugged me, "he so likes you!" she cried. I struggled not to fall off, "H-hani-" "So did you confess?" she asked pulling away. I sat further away, "not really." "What?!" Hani's mouth dropped.

 

"I mean I tried to but-" "But what? He got you a freaking diamond necklace and you couldn't say three simple words in return." she threw her hands in the air. "I said thank you." I joked. Hani crossed her arms, "you're telling me the whole time you were gone you didn't confess?" she questioned.

 

I kept quiet. Hani threw herself back, "what am I going to do with you?" I bit my lip and looked down, "we have a bigger problem." I said. "What?" Hani asked annoyed. I cleared my throat, "I-I think my dad knows." I replied. "What?!" Hani quickly sat up, "he does?"

 

I nodded and played with my fingers, "yeah." "That's great!" Hani grabbed my arm. I looked at her shocked, "great?" She nodded, "at least he approves." I sighed and looked down. "He does approve right?" Hani asked looking at me with worried eyes. I threw myself back on her bed, "I don't think so."

 

~~~~

 

"Wow thanks boss." Chanyeol grinned taking out his Totoro jacket. I rolled my eyes, "stop calling me that." "Sorry boss." Chanyeol said putting it on. I ignored him and looked at the other guys. I texted each one and decided to meet with them at a local coffee shop. "Wow thanks Minji but..." D.O trailed on. "We didn't get you anything." Sehun finished for him.

 

I smiled, "it's okay I don't mind." "Yah what the heck is this?!" Tao yelled taking out his panda hat. I giggled, "it's you in hat form." I joked. He looked up at me and smiled, "thanks." "Haha it does suit him." Kai poked his cheek. Tao glared at him, "shut up." he hissed. Kai backed away with his present.

 

"So where did you go?" Chen asked. "Family vacation." I replied. "Weird I haven't heard from Lay either." Xiumin added. I grew stiff, "r-really?" "He said he went to visit his family in China." Kris added looking at me. I quickly looked away, does he know everything?

 

"How do you know?" Baekhyun asked somewhat reading my mind. "He told me." Kris replied hanging the shirt I got him over his shoulder. "He never tells me anything." Luhan complained. "Maybe it's because you never listen." Suho pinched his cheek. "Stop." Luhan pushed his hand away.

 

"What's weird is that Lay and Minji both came back today." Kris said leaning in. I sent him a quick glare. "He told you?" Chen asked. Kris nodded, "yeah I texted him last night." "I have to go." I quickly got up before things got more awkward. "Why boss?" Chanyeol asked. 

 

"I promised I would cook tonight." I replied grabbing my purse. "Oh okay thanks for the gifts." Suho said getting up. "No problem." I said walking away. "Bye Minji!" the guys chimed as I left. "Bye." I waved back. I stepped outside right before I heard Kris say they should go visit Lay.

 

________________________________________

 

 author's note 

» so sorry for not updating OTL. I've been having writers block this past week T.T but I'm back and hopefully I will update normally from now on. Please comment and subscribe ^^ and if you want to be super nice to me please follow my new Twitter - @Ohainerdygirl I'll follow you back :D