Chapter 23

Oh! Brother

 

I quickly got up. D-did I just kiss Lay? I couldn't believe it myself. Lay cleared this throat and sat up, "s-sorry." he apologized. "F-for wh-a-at?" I laughed nervously trying to quickly forget what just happened. "You know we just-" "Oh look at the time we should hurry and get home." I quickly cut him off and stood up.

 

"Minji you okay?" Lay asked getting up. "Huh? Oh y-yeah, never better." I replied avoiding his stare. I couldn't help but feel extremely embarrassed. I just kissed my future step-brother, even if it was an accident, it was still awkward and I would do anything to take it back.

 

Lay nodded, "okay l-lets go." he held his hand up. I bowed keeping my head down and quickly walked before him. Our walk to the bus stop was quiet and neither one of us could face each other. I was still red and hot from the contact we just shared.

 

I let my breath out and Lay looked down. I looked at him, but quickly looked away when he raised his head toward me. After a long, awkward, wait the bus finally showed up. "A-after you." Lay held his hand up. I bowed slightly and got in. I flashed the bus driver my pass and quickly went to find an empty seat.

 

"Excuse me." I said as I passed by people and sat at the very back next to the window. I sat down and saw Lay's head making his way toward me. I bit my lip and quickly turned to look out the window. Please don't sit here please don't- Lay sat next to me. I sighed and rested my head against the window. Great.

 

The ride was just as awkward as before. And for some reason it seemed like the bus was taking ages to reach our stop. I was about to just get off and walk home by myself when I felt something being pushed into my ear. I turned and saw Lay holding a headphone up.

 

"W-what are you doing?" I asked stuttering. "I just thought you might want to listen to music." Lay replied slowly putting it down. "Oh." I turned back around. A few minutes passed and again I felt Lay attempting to place his headphone in my ear. And this time I let him.

 

A ballad song filled my left ear and a smile came across my face. I turned to Lay who was looking at his phone. I looked forward and bobbed my head to the music. And I felt Lay tapping his foot to it as well.

 

 

"So lets see how much you two made." my dad said as Lay handed him the money. "Not bad for your first day, but you're still sort about $150." he said. "Honey we can put the rest lets just get them off the hook I'm sure they learn their lesson." Qui said rubbing his arm.

 

"Right kids." she said turning to us. "Y-yes." Lay and I said. I crossed my fingers hoping my dad would give in. There was no way I wanted to spend any alone time with Lay. I just want to ignore him until I move out and never see him again. "Okay since you two worked so well together." my dad finally said.

 

I let my breath out, "thanks appa." He smiled and placed the money in his wallet, "you're dismissed." I rolled my eyes and walked away. 

 

I quickly ran upstairs and washed up. After a long day of doing yard work I've never felt so refreshed and clean. I towel dried my hair and walked out. Lay was playing with his guitar. I froze for a while and stared at him. "Take a picture it'll last longer." he said snapping me back to reality.

 

"Lay." I sighed and hung the towel on my chair to dry. "Yeah?" he looked up. I sat on my bed and took a deep breath, "can we just pretend that what happened between us never happened?" I asked avoiding eye contact. I heard Lay clear his throat.

 

"Um...yeah." he replied. I let my breath out in relief, "omo thank you, you don't know how embarrassing it was for me to say that." "Embarrassing?" Lay titled his head and placed his guitar down. I nodded, "yeah! I'm just glad we put it behind us." I grabbed my blanket and pulled it over me.

 

"Night." I said laying down. "Yeah...behind us." Lay said as I turned the lights off.

 

 

The next day I tried to keep my distance from Lay as much as possible. Even though we both agreed we that we should forget about yesterday and put it behind us, I still felt a little weird around him.

 

"So what did you do yesterday?" Hani asked as we were on the phone. My heart skipped and beat, "nothing, same as usual." I lied. "Has your dad decided when the wedding is?" she asked. I shrugged my shoulders, "still don't know, hopefully not until spring." I replied. "Why spring?" she asked. "Because I don't want to spend the day freezing my off in a dress if it's during winter." I replied. "Oh Minji." Hani sighed.

 

I laughed and heard my phone ring. I checked to see who was calling, it was Tao. "Hey Hani my dads calling me, I'll talk to you later." I said hanging up and answering him. "Hello?" "Hey." I heard Tao's deep voice. It sent a chill down my spine. "H-hey what's up?" I asked sitting up straight.

 

"Are you doing anything?" he asked. I thought for a moment and saw Lay come in the room. "No!" I quickly replied making him turn to me. "Great! Want to get some pizza?" Tao asked. I nodded and turned away, "y-yeah I'll meet you at the bus stop." I said quickly grabbing my purse and walking pass Lay.

 

Once I reached the bus stop I could finally relax, "ugh why must this happen to me?" I asked out loud. "Boo!" I felt someone grab my sides. "Ah!" I yelled and dropped my purse. I turned around and saw a smiling Tao. "Sorry." he said reaching for my purse.

 

"Oh Tao it's just you." I said as he handed me back my purse. "You seem tense, you okay?" he asked. I smiled and nodded, "y-yeah couldn't be better. Lets go." I replied as the bus pulled up. I showed the bus driver my pass and quickly sat on the closest empty seat I saw, which was right in the middle.

 

Tao soon met up with me and sat down. The bus ride was long since we had to go in the city and it mostly consisted of Tao talking. I would nod every now and then, but to be honest I wasn't really paying attention. My mind was still occupied by what happened to Lay and I yesterday.

 

Sure we agreed to put it behind us and never talk about it again, but something was still bothering me. Why did Lay react so calm as if it was nothing? I mean yeah his personality is boring, but even something like that should have surprised him. Am I a bad kisser? I shook my ridiculous thoughts away. What am I thinking?

 

"So I had to buy a new shirt thanks to Xiumin." Tao said interrupting my thoughts. "Huh? Oh yeah sounds like fun." I said turning to him. Tao gave me a weird look, "fun? Does being puked on sound like fun?" he asked. "What?!" I was taken back, "I mean ew that's gross!" 

 

Tao laughed, "let me guess you didn't hear a word I said." "What?" I shook my head, "of course I did, every single word." Tao raised a brow, "then repeat what I just told you." I stiffen up, "uh...look it's our stop." I quickly got up as the bus came to a stop. 

 

"Come on I'm starving." I grabbed his arm and avoided his request. "Whoa Minji I've never seen you in such a hurry." Tao said as we existed the bus. I smiled, "well I'll do anything for food." Tao laughed and placed his arm around my shoulder. His action caught me by surprise and I slowly pulled his arm off.

 

"Sorry." he bowed. "No, it's not your fault I'm just...you know." I said looking down. Tao nodded and dug his hands in his pocket, "I understand." 

 

We reached the pizza place and Tao held the door open for me. "Thanks." I bowed as I stepped in. "Hello welcome to Pizza Palace how many?" a waitress asked. "Just two." Tao replied holding two fingers up. "Right this way." the waitress smiled grabbing two menus and lead the way.

 

"I hope a booth is okay with you two." she said setting the menus on both sides of the table. "It's fine thank you." I bowed and scooted in one side. "Someone will be by to serve you." the waitress bowed before leaving. Tao bowed as she left and scooted in the other side.

 

"They really fixed this place up." he said looking around. I nodded in agreement, "yeah I like the whole 'lets eat in the dark since we're vampires' theme." I said sarcastically. Tao laughed, "I was just thinking that." I laughed along and looked at the menu.

 

"I'm really glad you came with me." Tao said out of no where. I looked at him and smiled, "just don't make me regret it." Tao nodded and grinned, "I won't, trust me."

 

 

"Really?! And I missed that!" I laughed out loud getting stares from people sitting by. Tao held onto his stomach, "I'm telling you, you should have gone." I wiped my tear away, "don't remind me, I regret not going." "Oh wait I got a picture." Tao snapped his finger.

 

"Really? Let me see!" I reached my hand out. "Hold on." Tao got up and went to sit on my side. He scrolled down his pictures and pressed on the one he was mentioning.

 

Just then a picture came up with Luhan yelling having the most frighten look ever. Eyes popping out and everything. While Sehun had his eyes closed and biting on his lips. Both their hair was up, making them look like they just got electrocuted.

 

"Omo that's them?!" I laughed and zoomed in on their faces. "Oh my gosh they look hilarious." I grabbed onto my aching stomach. "Yeah Luhan lost a bet and had to ride The Fear Fall." Tao said in a deep and threatening voice. "And Sehun?" I asked handing him his phone back.

 

"He just got on for the heck of it." Tao replied taking it. "I'm telling you should post that online it's pure gold." I said finally controlling my laughter. Tao placed his phone in his pocket, "I may use it for black mail one day." he said with an evil smirk. I pushed him aside, "I'm glad you had fun...without me."

 

Tao tilted his head, "i-if you want we can go next weekend." he offered. I smiled and shook my head, "it's okay I was just messing with you." Tao smiled, but his smiled slowly faded as he stared deeply into my eyes. My heart rate began to slow down a little as he leaned forward closing his eyes.

 

I blinked a couple of times trying to react to what he was about to do. Instead of pulling away, which I wanted to do, I remained completely still and let Tao come closer.

 

"Your bill." the waitress came and placed the bill on the table. Tao and I snapped back into reality and just in time before we touched lips. "Oh sorry was I interrupting something?" she asked biting her nails. I shook my head, "no, thanks." She bowed, "sorry." and quickly left the scene.

 

Tao sighed and grabbed the bill, "her timing is amazing." I laughed nervously and looked over to see the price. "I can pay half." I offered. Tao turned to me and shook his head, "no I invited you I'll pay." I nodded and sat back grabbing my purse. "What time is it?" I asked.

 

"It's almost 8:30." Tao replied checking his watch. "Omo I should get home!" I shot up remembering that I had garbage duty. "Oh okay lets go." Tao scooted out and reached for his wallet. He placed the exact change on the table. "What about a tip?" I asked as Tao started to walk away. "She doesn't deserve one." he replied and continued walking.

 

I quickly reached in my purse and pulled out a $5 bill and placed it on the table before Tao could turn around. Thanks, you saved my lips tonight.

 

 

"You should really wear a hoodie since it's cold out." Tao said placing his jacket on my shoulders. I blew out air into my hands and rubbed them, "sorry I forgot." Tao got in front of me and I stopped in shock. He smiled as he reached below and pulled the zipper up for me. He pulled my hair out and  it, "there nice and warm." I blushed and looked away, "t-thanks."

 

Tao walked me home since he didn't want me walking the streets alone at night. We reached my drive way and I turned to him, "thanks for inviting me to eat." I said ping his seater. "Give it to me tomorrow." he held his hand up. "But I'm already here." I said pointing at my front door.

 

Just then I saw Lay coming out holing a garbage bag and my eyes widen. No! He saw Tao and I and stopped walking. Tao's back was facing him so if Lay was quick he can run back in before Tao gets a chance to see him. 

 

"I really had fun today." Tao said. I was too busy trying to get Lay to go back inside to pay attention. "What?" Lay mouthed holding the bag up. "Go." I motioned for him to go back in. "You okay?" Tao asking turning around. "Yes!" I grabbed his face and turned it back before he could see Lay.

 

"Y-yeah I'm fine, you were saying?" I smiled trying to act as normal as possible when in reality I was panicking. "Thanks for giving me a second chance." Tao said. "Yeah no problem." I looked over and saw Lay turning to the door. "Go." I mouthed. 

 

Just then I felt Tao grab my face and leaned down planting a kiss on my lips. My eyes widen and I was in complete shock. I looked over at Lay who was just as surprised and what looked like a little hurt. Lay dropped the garbage bag and stormed inside slamming the door.

 

Tao jumped slightly and pulled away turning to my front door. "What was that?" he asked. I stood in compete shock, w-what just happened? Tao shrugged his shoulders and pinched my cheek, "see you tomorrow." he smiled before walking away. I on the other hand remained still.

 

After what seemed like forever I finally sighed and walked over to the garbage bag that Lay left. It was weird, I thought my kiss with Tao would be magical, but instead, "this stinks." I said out loud and grabbed the bag. Just then I saw the light from the inside of my house hit my face.

 

I blocked it and tried to see who it was. Just then an angry Lay came out and grabbed my wrist, "come one." he ordered and dragged me with him. I lost my balance, but was able to regain it. "L-lay what are you doing?" I asked trying to pull free, but he was too strong.

 

"Who does Tao think he is?" Lay said more to himself. "What?" I asked still trying to break free. "Don't worry Minji," he stopped and looked at me with the most dark eyes ever, "I'll make sure he never touches you again."

 

________________________________________

 

 author's note 

» oh is Lay jealous or just being brotherly?? Hum makes you wonder huh? Anyway hoped you enjoyed. Just reached 800+ subbies !!!! Thank you so much. I love you all and I get really bubbly when I read your comments :D Happy reading and please comment and subscribe ^^