Chapter 24

Oh! Brother

 

"Lay stop!" I cried and finally yanked my arm free. He turned around in shock, "Minji-" "Look I'm just as surprised if not just as mad as you, but just let it go." I pleaded. "So you're just going to let Tao do that to you?!" Lay asked crossing his arms.

 

"N-no...please just let me handle this on my own." I clenched my fist. Lay sighed, "I warned you once, don't let me have to tell you twice." "You don't have to!" I raised my voice, "I can take care of myself."

 

Lay stepped closer and I slowly stepped backwards. "Fine." he gave in. I looked at him surprised, "but don't you think I'm not going to tell your dad." Lay threaten. My eyes widen, "what?!" Lay's dark eyes soften up, "I'm just messing with you." he messed with my hair.

 

"That's not funny!" I yelled pushing his hand away. Lay suddenly got serious, "but if Tao ever touches you without your permission you let me know okay." he ordered. I stared a little shocked, "y-yes." I eventually nodded. Lay smiled, "come on lets go before the mosquitos get us." I smiled and followed along side him.

 

I couldn't sleep that night. The scene of Tao planting a kiss on my lips with Lay watching kept me up. I remember the way Lay's body tense up, his brown eyes turned pitch black, and most of all the look that made my heart sink. Lay's shoulders fell and a deep sigh followed. And a water drop reflected on his cheek.

 

It came to my attention that I hurt Lay, somehow, I made Lay shed a tear...again.

 

~~~~

 

"Minji you okay?" Hani asked as she met up with me. "Huh? Oh yeah." I replied. Hani eyed me, "you sure because it looks like you haven't slept in days." I sighed and kicked my leg, "Tao kissed me." I confessed. "What?!" Hani gasped then quickly grabbed my arms, "t-that's amazing!" she jumped up and down.

 

I on the other hand stayed completely still and un-amused. "Why aren't you happy?" she stopped and after noticing my reaction. I looked at her, "I don't know, I thought it was going to be more...romantic." I replied. "What do you mean?" Hani asked. "You know, under the stars in the perfect moment, not in my front door and completely unexpected." I replied.

 

Hani blushed, "he did it at your house?" "That's not the point!" I threw my hands in the air. "Sorry." Hani straighten up, "well maybe Tao isn't the romantic type." I scoffed, "yeah right, he's known for being the romantic panda who walks on the beach alone."

 

Hani laughed, "first kisses are always awkward." "Tell me about it." My mind quickly thought of Lay. "I'm sure you'll get your magical kiss soon." Hani said placing her arm around my shoulder. I sighed deeply as we entered the school building, "I hope so." 

 

 

"Minji you okay?" D.O asked nudging me. "Huh?" I looked at him, "oh yeah I'm fine." I faked a smile. "Really? Because you still haven't ate your food." he said pointing at me tray. I pushed it away slightly, "I'm not hungry." "I'll take it!" Xiumin quickly took it.

 

"Yah you pig!" Sehun scolded him. "Minji want to play Angry Birds, I finally unlocked the last level." Chanyeol said holding his phone up to my face. "No thanks." I shook my head. He slowly put it down, "oh." "Sorry guys I just have a small headache." I said out loud.

 

"Maybe it's from being stressed." Baekhyun said. I nodded, "yeah probably." "Here." he reached over and took my hand, "I know this massaging technique that helps release stress." he said massaging my hands. "Uh..." I was a bit surprised, but it did feel good.

 

I looked over at Lay who had his eyes burning in the back of Baekhyun's skull. "I'm fine!" I quickly pulled my hand away, "thanks though." Baekhyun pouted as he sat down. "Can you do me?" Kai asked turning his back to him. "No!" Baekhyun hit him across the head.

 

"Hey where have you been?" Chen asked out loud. I looked up and saw Tao making his way towards the table. "Sorry I had to make up a test, hey guys." he waved with a huge smile. I quickly looked away, I was actually hoping he'd miss lunch. I still didn't know how to face Tao after what he did.

 

Or what Lay would do to him?

 

"Hello Minji." Tao greeted and sat across from me. "H-hey." I bowed and turned to Chanyeol. "Can I play Angry Birds now?" I asked. "Excuse me?" Chanyeol was confused. "Please." I smiled, it was the only way I can avoid Tao. I'll be the smaller person and avoid him until I'm ready. 

 

"Oh okay." Chanyeol smiled and pulled his phone out. I looked over at Tao who was giving me a weird look, I scanned and looked across and saw Lay staring at Tao with daggers. I sighed as I grabbed Chanyeol's phone, why can't I have a normal teenage life?

 

 

"See you tomorrow hope you feel better." Baekhyun waved as we parted ways. "Bye and thanks." I waved back and started walking pass the school court yard. "Minji!" I heard a familiar voice call my name. "Oh no." I quicken my pace and pretended I didn't hear.

 

"Minji hold up." Tao grabbed my arm, but I quickly pulled away. "Sorry my dad is waiting for me I can't talk." I lied walking away. "Minji wait." Tao grabbed my arm and pulled me back. "You okay?" he asked. I looked up at him, "no!" "Excuse me?" he was taken back.

 

I took a deep breath, "how can you do that to me last night?! I wasn't ready! I just want us to be friends! You said you'll wait until you have my full trust and I still don't trust you! And after what you did I never want to speak to you again!" I replied yelling my lungs out.

 

"You okay?" Tao asked snapping my back to reality. I shook my head and noticed I was just imagining what I wanted to say instead of actually saying it. "Y-yeah." I replied and looked at him, "I'm fine." I turned to walk away. "Wait I wanted to ask you something." he stepped before me.

 

"What?" I asked getting annoyed. "I'm going snowboarding next week in Yongpyong, want to come? All the guys are going and D.O is going to ask Hani to go." he replied. My eyed widen, "what?! Snowboarding! I've never went snowboarding before." I couldn't hide my excitement.

 

Tao smiled, "yeah do you want to come?" he asked. I nodded, but then remembered something. Lay. "H-hey have you told Lay?" I asked. "Lay?" Tao looked away, "I spoke about it to him, but he never said anything. Why?" I shook my head, "no reason." 

 

"Oh and about last night," Tao said stepping forward. "Yeah?" I stepped back. "I'm really sorry, I didn't know what came over me." he apologized. I was taken back, "really?" "Yes please forgive me." he bowed kneeling on the ground. I looked around and saw people stare.

 

"Uh get up." I pushed Tao's shoulder up. "Not until you forgive me." he said. "Fine I forgive you just get up!" I pulled him up. "Yes!" Tao cheered with a smile. I rolled my eyes and looked away. Yeah right like I forgive you. "So yes to Yongpyong?" he asked. I thought for a while, "i-is it okay if I invite someone?" I asked biting my lip.

 

"Who?" Tao asked tilting his head. "Does it matter?" I replied with a question. Tao thought for a while and shook his head, "no, as long as they're not as handsome as me." he joked. I faked a laugh, "haha...of course." I looked away trying to keep a straight face. Tao nodded, "yeah go ahead invite them it'll be fun."

 

I smiled, "okay thanks, but I really have to go now." I said starting to walk away. "Okay well see you tomorrow." Tao said waving. I nodded and turned away, phew I thought I'd never leave. 

 

Suddenly a smile came across my face. I hope Lay knows how to snowboard.

 

"I'm home!" I called out as I stepped inside. "Gosh it cold." I quickly took my shoes off and replaced them with a nice cozy pair of slippers. "Welcome back." Qui greeted me with a smile. "Hey Qui can I ask you something?" I questioned her.

 

"Sure go ahead." she replied. "Well a couple of my friends are going to Yongpyong next week and I really really want to go." I begged. She thought for a while, "Yongpyong? With who exactly?" she asked crossing her arms.

 

"Uh...Hani." I replied, "and a couple of guys." I said the last part quietly. "Guys?" Qui questioned. "I'm sorry, but I don't think your dad will like that." she said. "What?" I cried, "b-but-" Just then Lay came in going through his phone.

 

"But Yixing's going!" I shouted pointing at him. "Huh?" he looked up confused. "He is?" Qui looked over at him, "hum Yixing never goes out." she thought out loud. "Go where?" Lay asked putting his phone down. I bit my lip and thought fast.

 

"Yes we're both going!" I quickly went to his side and grabbed his arm, "h-he invited me." I lied. "Really?" Qui raised her hand to her chin and studied us. "Invite you where?" Lay asked. "Shush." I nudged him.

 

"Just play along." I hissed through a fake smile. "Is that true Lay?" Qui asked him. "Huh?" he looked at her, "I have no idea-" "Yeah all his friends are going including Tao." I emphasized on the last part.

 

Lay's eyes widen a bit, "Tao?" I nodded, "but it's okay since you're going right?" I asked. Lay stared at me for a while. "Yixing?" Qui snapped him back to reality. "Uh...y-yeah she's right." Lay said. I sighed in relief.

 

"Well if Yixing's going I guess it's not so bad, I'll talk to your dad for you." Qui smiled walking away. "Yes." I let my breath out and let go of Lay's arm. "So are you using me to get closer to Tao?" Lay asked crossing his arms.

 

"What? No, I really want to go to Yongpyong." I replied. Lay tilted his head, "but I wasn't invited." he said. "That's okay because I'm taking you with me as a guest." I said with a smile. "R-really?" Lay asked a bit taken off guard.

 

"You're inviting me?" he asked. "Duh." I playfully poked his head, "besides what happens is Tao tries something funny?" I asked him. Lay suddenly got serious, "don't worry I'll make sure Tao doesn't even look at you."

 

I couldn't help but blush, "go!" I pushed him. "You're going to be late for work." Lay stopped me and grabbed my arms. I looked up at him surprised. "Thanks." he smiled. "What?" I was confused. 

 

He leaned forward, "thanks for inviting me...even though I hate the cold." My mouth fell open, "y-you do?" Lay punched my chin softly, "I'll be back at 8 so lock up." I gave him a weird look, "uh Lay...your moms back remember? You don't have to worry about me."

 

Lay nodded, "yes I do." he smiled before leaving. My heart began to race, butterflies grew in my stomach and my face felt hot all of a sudden, "what's this strange feeling?" I asked out loud as I grabbed onto my heart.

 

________________________________________

 

 author's note 

» *gasp* is this what love feels like ?? Sorry, but I can't help but feel awkward writing about a possibly step siblings fanfic. Do you guys find it weird ? If so I'll just stop. Anyway I hope you enjoyed. Please comment and subscribe ^^