Chapter 25

Oh! Brother

 

The bright light coming from my window woke me. I rubbed my tired eyes and looked outside. A huge smile quickly appeared on my face, "it's snowing!" I yelled from excitement. Finally!

 

Even though I'm not a huge fan of the cold, this meant that our plans for next week were defiantly on board. "What are you yelling about?" I heard Lay groan. I looked toward him and smiled, "it's snowing." I pointed on the cold window.

 

Lay blinked a couple of times and looked, "looks like it is, you better wear your winter clothes." he ordered. I rolled my eyes and climbed out of bed, "yes sir." Lay smiled and laid back to sleep.

 

"Morning Minji." Qui greeted me with a warm smile. I smiled, "morning, did you tell my dad?" I whispered the last part. She gave me thumbs up, "your good." "Yes!" I cheered. "Morning everyone." my dad came in fixing his tie, "honey help me." he cried. Qui sighed and went to him.

 

"So appa I can go right?" I asked crossing my fingers. "Well I don't really like the idea of you being away...for how many days?" he asked. "Just three." I lifted my finger. He sighed, "as long as Yixing stays by your side at all times and doesn't let any of those boys touch you." 

 

"Don't worry Mr. Lee I'll make sure she never gets out of my sight." Lay came in zipping his jacket up. I sighed and rolled my eyes, "okay." And started making my way towards the door. "Yah put your jacket on it's freezing outside!" my dad yelled. "I know!" I yelled back.

 

I opened the closet door and grabbed a huge winter coat. "Stupid appa and his stupid rules." I said to myself as I put on my coat. "You know he's just cares about you." Lay came up to me. "Omo!" I jumped from the scare, "yah make some noise when you sneak up on people will you!" I scolded.

 

"Sorry." Lay held his hands up. "I know he cares, but I can take care of myself." I raised my arm and punched Lay in the shoulder hard. "Ow what the heck!?" Lay yelled grabbing his shoulder from the pain. I smiled, "see." Lay glared at me and pushed me. 

 

Thanks to the oversize coat, I tripped and landed in the closet full of winter coats. "Yah!" I yelled and waved my hands in the air. "Looks like you can't." Lay smiled and attempted to close the door on me. "Yixing what are you doing?!" Qui scolded. 

 

"Help!" I cried trying to escape the avalanche of coats. "Yixing help her out!" Qui ordered. Lay groaned and grabbed my arm and pulled my out. "Ow." I cried as he popped my shoulder. "You're such a baby." Lay teased. "Shut up!" I raised my hand when my dad stopped me.

 

"Will you two stop or neither of you are going on the trip." he threaten. I glared at Lay as he returned the stare. "Fine." I fixed my coat. "Hurry before you miss your bus." he said sending us off. "Bye." we both said as we tried to exist the door at the same time.

 

"Move!" I pushed Lay aside. "You move you oversized marshmallow!" 

 

(lalala lets skip to next week)

 

"Come on come on come on." I said looking at the clock ticking slower than ever. "I've been waiting all week for this day." I said out loud. "Minji." my teacher called my name. I looked at him in shock, "y-yes?" "Answer this question." he said pointing at the math problem on the board.

 

"Uh..." How the heck am I suppose to know? "Um well first you need to um.." "Find e." Taemin whispered to me. "Find e." I said happily. "Then?" my teacher asked. "T-then you uh..." Just then the bell rang. "Oops guess we ran out of time." I said grabbing my things.

 

"Wait!" my teacher stopped everyone from leaving. "Have a nice weekend and you Miss Minji." he pointed at me, "pages 55-57 for homework." "What?!" my eyes widen, "but Mr-" "No buts, you may all leave." he said. Everyone quickly existed the room.

 

"This is so unfair." I sank into my seat. "Sorry." Taemin shrugged his shoulders. "It's okay." I sat up and gathered my things. "Bye Minji." he waved. "Bye Minnie." "I told you not to call me that." he complained as he left. I couldn't help but laugh.

 

"I hope you learn your lesson Minji." my teacher said as I existed the room. "Yes sir." I hissed, why does every teacher have it out for me? 

 

I met with Hani at the front gate. "Ah!" we both cheered. "I can't believe we're going to Yongpyong for the whole weekend." Hani cheered. "Me either, hurry we said we would meet with the guys in one hour." I grabbed her arm and ran off.

 

 

 

"Kay I'll meet you there!" I yelled as Hani and I parted ways. "See you later." Hani waved back. I ran straight home not stopping for anything. "I'm home!" I yelled and quickly went upstairs where my already packed suitcase was waiting for me. I smiled and quickly changed out of my uniform.

 

"Minji!" I heard my dad yell. "Coming!" I yelled back and ran downstairs trying to tie my hair in a ponytail. Lay was already with them. "Now if anything happens you call us and we'll be there to pick you up." he said. I nodded, "yes sir." "Now I'm leaving Yixing in charge so you listen to him okay." he ordered.

 

"But dad." I whined. "Minji please." he said. I sighed and looked away. "Yixing I'm leaving my credit card with you okay." Qui said handing him the card. "Minji are you sure you have hotel reservations ready?" my dad asked. "For the hundredth time yes. And I'm sharing with Hani." I replied.

 

"We'll be returning around Sunday afternoon." Lay added. "Okay Minji this is your first time going on vacation alone please don't wonder off. You're in the mountains you can easily get lost and they're is a lot of wolfs out at night and-" "Appa I get it I'll be extra carful." I cut him off.

 

"Okay Yixing same goes for you." Qui told him. "Yes I understand and don't worry Mr. Lee I'll make sure Minji doesn't go out at night." he said. I rolled my eyes, "what are you? My bodyguard." "Minji be nice." my dad scolded. "Yes sir." I said. "Okay are you sure you packed everything?" Qui asked.

 

I nodded, "yup everything is packed, even a book if I get bored." I said sarcastically. "Okay be safe Minji." my dad came forward and hugged me. I smiled and hugged him back, "I will appa, you need to learn how to let go." "This coming from the girl who cried when I was away." he teased.

 

"Appa!" I pulled away. He smiled and messed with my hair, "take care baby girl." he kissed my forehead. "I will." I gave him a quick hug. "Okay have fun you two." Qui said waving as Lay and I grabbed our suitcase. "Bye." we waved back. "Oh wait." I quickly grabbed my book bag, "I have homework."

 

~~~~

 

3RD POV

 

"Is everyone here?" Baekhyun asked. "We're still missing Minji." Tao replied looking around for her. "Oh here she comes." Hani pointed. "Where?" Tao asked looking at the direction she had her finger. "Oh yeah I see her with...Lay?" Chen was surprised to see him. "She invited Lay?" Kai asked.

 

Tao grew a little furious. "Ooo looks like someone has competition." Chanyeol joked and poked Tao's cheek. "Don't touch me." Tao hissed pushing his hand away. "We're here." Minji smiled brightly. "Nice to see you Lay." Xiumin nudged him. Lay smiled, "hey."

 

"Hurry and get in we have a long ride." Kris came forward. Minji's eyes widen, "Kris is going?" she whispered to Hani. "And so is Suho and Luhan." she squealed. "Really?!" Minji looked around and saw Luhan with Sehun. "Omo they're going too." Minji squealed trying to remain calm.

 

"I'll help you." Suho came and grabbed Minji's suitcase. "T-thanks." Minji bowed as Suho packed the back of the van. "Ahh." Both Minji and Hani cheered as they got in. 

 

"Move you're big !" Sehun pushed Xiumin away. "Yah this is my spot!" Xiumin yelled. "No I sit next to Luhan." Sehun refused to let Xiumin take the spot. "Aish will you two just sit down!" Baekhyun scolded. "Here I'll just sit in the middle." Luhan offered.

 

"Fine!" Xiumin and Sehun both yelled. Minji sat next to Hani all the way in the back. Tao attempted to sit next to Minji, but Lay quickly got the seat. This caused Tao's anger to boil. Minji saw as Lay took the seat and immediately felt awkward. "Hani." she whispered to her friend.

 

"Yes?" Hani looked at her. "Is it okay that I invited Lay? I know you two have a not so great history." Minji said. Hani smiled and shook her head, "it's okay besides I moved on to D.O." she whispered. The two girls giggled. "Yah no secrets back there." Tao ordered.

 

"Yes." the two girls said with another giggle. "Is everyone ready?" Kris asked as he put his seat belt on. "Wait I got to pee." Luhan said. "UGH!" everyone groaned.

 

Thirty minutes passed and everyone started to fall asleep. Everyone except for Minji, she was trying to hurry and finish her math homework. "Ugh stupid Mr. Park and his stupid mustache." she cursed silently. "You okay?" Tao turned to face her. Minji smiled and nodded, "just doing homework." she replied raising her notebook.

 

"Need help?" Tao offered. Minji looked at him for a while, "sure." she gave in and handed him her notebook. "Oh this is easy." he said taking her pencil and starting doing the problems. Minji watched in amazement as Tao breezed through the problems like it was first grade stuff.

 

"Done." Tao smiled feeling good and handed her back the notebook. "Whoa Tao you're amazing." Minji said in shock. Tao looked at Lay, who was asleep. Take that Lay. Minji placed her notebook back into her book bag. "Minji can I ask you something?" Tao asked.

 

"Sure." Minji replied and looked up at him. "Why did you invite Lay?" he asked. Minji looked over at Lay, "I thought you said I could invite anyone I wanted." she replied. "I know, but why him?" Tao asked. Minji shrugged her shoulders, "I don't know, just thought he might want to go."

 

Tao sighed and sat back, "I guess."

 

~~~~

 

MINJI POV

 

I woke up to Kris yelling. "Get up you lazy bums!" "Shut up!" Chanyeol threw a napkin at him. "If I have to be up so do all of you now get up!" Kris yelled again causing everyone to shoot up. One by one everyone started to exist the van. Once I got out I was in awe.

 

"Wow it's so beautiful." I said looking at the huge mountain that was right behind the hotel. "Suho and I will go check in, you guys start unloading the trunk." Kris ordered. "Yes." the guys replied and went to the back. "Look at all the snow." Hani said spinning around.

 

"I know this is so amazing." I said still shocked that I was actually here. "Yah you can help too!" Sehun yelled as he pulled out a suitcase. "Omo sorry." Hani and I both bowed and went to help. "Is he always like this?" Luhan asked me. I was surprised to see him so close to be, he really does have a baby face. It's hard to believe he's older than all of us.

 

I nodded, "y-yes, does he hate girls?" I asked. Luhan laughed and yanked another suitcase out of the loaded trunk, "no, he probably just likes you." he replied. My eyes widen, "what?!" "Yah that's not true!" Sehun came quickly, "I-I don't like you." he shook his hand.

 

"It's okay Sehun we all know you're in that stage where you start liking girls." Kai came and placed his arm over his shoulder. "But I don't like her!" he cried. I laughed at how they picked on him. "It's okay Sehun I know you don't." I patted his shoulder and started to walk inside with my suitcase.

 

We met with Kris and Suho in the lobby after all the things were unloaded. "Wow look at this lobby." I said looking around. It was huge and cozy. Their were people walking around in ski clothes, that only got me more excited to go out. 

 

"Okay room 303." Kris held up the key, "who wants it?" he asked. "I'll take it." Chanyeol took it, "come on Baekhyun you promised we'd room together." he said carrying his luggage. Baekhyun sighed, "more like I lost a bet." he said walking behind Chanyeol.

 

"Who wants room 304?" Suho asked. "I'll take it." I said raising my hand, "hurry Hani lets go." I said taking the key and dashing to the elevator. "Wait for me." Hani called after me. 

 

When we entered the room we were both breathless. "Whoa this room is so..." "Perfect." Hani finished for me. It was small, but very fitting for us. 

 

 

We both gave each other a look then dashed for the beds. "This is so cool." I said as I jumped on one bed. "I know this weekend is going to be amazing." Hani laughed as she jumped on hers. "Wait." I stopped. "What?" Hani asked coming to a stop as well.

 

"What are we doing here lets go skiing." I said jumping off the bed and running to the door. "Wait for me." Hani jumped off as well and ran behind me. We both ran to the elevator and passed the front desk. "Girls wait!" someone called. We came to a stop and turned around.

 

Suho came running to us with a smile, "I know you're excited to go, but we're leaving in a group." he said. I sighed, "fine." and went to sit on the couch. I waited as everyone slowly started to come out. Lay was the last one to show up, obviously.

 

"Is everyone here?" Kris asked. "Yes." we chanted. "Okay," he looked at his watch, "it's already 6 so we don't have that much time to ski so everyone meet in here by 8 okay." he ordered. "But that's only three hours." Kai complained. "I don't care we have all day tomorrow to ski. Is everyone clear, 8 you better be in the lobby." Kris replied.

 

"Yes." everyone chimed in. "Okay go." he said. "Hani lets go!" I grabbed her arm and ran out. The first stop was the ski rental store. "Should I get a yellow one?" Hani asked. I shrugged my shoulders, "I don't know, oh I'm getting this one." I said reaching for a sky blue one.

 

"Minji." Lay grabbed my arm. "Yes?" I looked at him. Lay looked around, "we both have to pay with this." he said holding up a credit card. "Okay." I said grabbing the ski's, "let me get it first then I'll give it back." I suggested. Lay gave me a look, "can I trust you?" he asked. "Of course I'm just getting this and I'm leaving." I replied.

 

"Okay." Lay gave me the card. I smiled and quickly went to the cashier. "Is that all?" the guy behind the stand asked. "Yes." I replied and handed him the credit card. He slid it across the scanner and smiled, "thank you have a nice day." he said returning the card. "Thank you." I bowed and grabbed the ski's.

 

I walked pass Lay and slid the card in his pocket hoping no one saw, "there." I whispered. Lay nodded and continued looking through the equipment.

 

I stepped outside the store and lit up, "I'm so excited." I sat down and started putting on the boots. I watched as little kids skid by, some falling and others with their parents. I got up and almost fell when someone caught me. "You okay?" Tao asked. I looked at him and nodded, "yeah thanks." I grabbed the ski's and started to walk up hill.

 

"You know how to ski?" Tao asked walking next to me. "Yeah, I used to ski when I was a kid with my dad all the time." I replied. "So you're going straight up hill huh?" he asked. I smiled, "yup." "Minji!" someone called my name. I turned around and saw Lay running toward us.

 

"Yeah?" I stopped. "Wait." he stopped to catch his breath. "C-can you teach me how to ski?" he asked. My mouth fell open, "you don't know how to ski?" I asked. Lay shook his head, "no." I sighed and looked up the mountain, "this ." "You know Lay they have instructors over there." Tao pointed.

 

"No it's okay I'll just stay down here." I said walking to Lay. "Tao lets go!" Kris called for him holding a snowboard. Tao looked back at me, "it's okay have fun." I motioned him to go. "Okay, but promise me tomorrow you'll go with me." Tao said. I nodded, "I will now go before they leave you." I said.

 

Tao ran off with his snowboard, "wait guys!" I turned back to Lay and looked down at his feet. "You haven't even put your boots on?" I asked in shock, his feet are probably freezing. Lay looked down, "am I suppose to have boots?" I sighed knowing this was going to be a long and tiring lesson.

 

 

"Good good now keep your legs parallel." I said as Lay started to finally go somewhere. "Wait what's that?!" Lay cried and reached out for my hand. I grabbed it and prevented him from falling...again. "Aish you don't know what parallel is?!" I stomped my foot. "Sorry." Lay looked up at me. 

 

I sighed and looked to my right. "Wait I'm going to fall!" Hani cried and was quickly caught by D.O. The two fell and the ground laughing. I looked back at Lay, "lets do it again." I said positioning him.

 

Two hours passed in a flash, but I didn't mind. After Lay got down the basics I was actually having fun. "You can't get me." I teased and skied further down the hill. "Yes I can." Lay reached his hand out, but quickly fell. I stopped and started laughing, "man you're really bad at this." I skied toward him and helped him get up.

 

"Got you." Lay quickly grabbed me. "Yah that's cheating!" I cried and Lay tried to get up, but only fell back down in the process. I lost my balance and fell next to him. "I won." Lay said. "No you cheated." I said looking at the orange sky. It was almost time to go back. 

 

"We should go back." I said sitting up. "Thanks." Lay said sitting up as well. "For what?" I turn to look at him. "For staying with me today." he replied. I smiled and got up, "no problem." I held my hand out. He took it and got up, "and thanks for inviting me." he added. I nodded and grabbed my ski's, "you're welcome."

 

~~~~

 

3RD POV

 

Lay and Minji started to head back to the hotel when Tao called Minji. "Hey Minji we have time for one more trip want to come?" he offered. Minji looked at Lay, "uh...isn't it late?" "Yeah, but we have enough time for one more trip." Sehun raised his finger, "if we leave now." he ran off.

 

"Come on Minji." Tao said running after Sehun. "Can I go?" Minji asked Lay. Lay looked as Sehun and Tao run off, "sure, but be careful." he replied. "Omo thank you thank you thank you." Minji gave Lay a quick hug and ran after the two. Lay watched as Minji left, "please please be careful Minji." he said as he made his way into the hotel.

 

The three reached the ski lift, "one more trip please." Sehun said handing the operator the money. "You all know we're about to close." the operator said. "I know, but can you please just let us go this once." Tao pouted and held his hands together. The operator sighed and snatched the money, "just you three?" he asked.

 

"Yes sir." Sehun replied. "Alright get on." he said. "Yes." the three cheered and waited for the ski lift to carry them. "I can't believe you convinced him Tao." Minji said as she sat in the middle. "Well who can say no to this face." he smiled. "Yah Tao you're getting a big head." Sehun warned him.

 

Minji laughed and looked forward, she was waiting all day for this. 

 

Back down hill the operator yawned, "man I'm beat." he said. "Hey Jerry you have a call." another operator came out of the office. "Really? Hey look there's three more kids going up make sure you don't stop the ski lift until you see them come down." he told the other operator. "You got it." the man gave him a thumbs up before Jerry left to answer his call.

 

The other operator sipped his coffee saw three people come down. "Guess those are the ones." he said to himself and stopped the machine. "That was easy." he said walking away and turning off the lights.

 

Suddenly the machine stopped midway through. Minji looked around, "whoa what was that?" she asked. Sehun turned around, "there's probably a little malfunction." Tao nodded," yeah it'll start again." Just then the lights turned off. "Uh guys..." Minji said.

 

"They know we're up here right?" Sehun asked in a panic tone. "Of course they do they let us ride." Tao said trying to remain calm. Minji blew into her hands, "is it me or did it just get a lot colder?" she asked. "Oh we're all going to die!" Sehun cried. 

 

"Will you shut up." Tao hit him across the head, "we're going to be okay." Sehun shook his head, "no I saw this in a movie and we all die except for the girl." he pointed at Minji. Minji gave him a weird look, "don't look at me like that!" "It's okay, the guys will know we're taking a long time and eventually come looking for us." Tao said.

 

Minji nodded, "he's right lets just wait." "Uh guys...what's that?" Sehun pointed to the front. Minji and Tao both looked and were in shock. 

 

"BLIZZARD!!!"

 

________________________________________

 

 author's note 

» hope you like the new poster/background. And I hope this long update makes up for not updating in a while. Please comment and subscribe  ^^